Suburban Propaneprice gouging; scamming

Important: If you have had problems with Suburban, file a complaint with your county District Attorney Consumer Complaint office!
I was told I'd be charged over $4 for propane so I told them not to deliver. They delivered anyway!! Then they charged me even more- Over $5.75/gal. After 3 months I finally got them to pick up both their tank and gas after having to go get another company to bring me gas so I wouldn't be using theirs. Then they brought out a contract from over 10 years ago saying I used to be on auto delivery so they were allowed to deliver and I had to pay a pick up fee and some other fees. Now they want me to pay over $1000 for gas that I don't have and didn't ask for. I called the D. A. and they said to file a complaint with their online complaint form (after I had talked to them on the phone). The more complaints, the better).

• We
    wesite111 Aug 04, 2010

They sent me a ticket showing that we owe over $475. We called and found out it was just to get our attention to get our tank filled. They charged us at $4.3090 per gallon and the monthly rental fee of ~$103. According the Suburban Propane, the rate is set based on the usage. Basically, they can charge you whatever they want... It's uneithcial!