Menu
FPL Energy Services Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

FPL Energy Services
reviews and complaints

www.fplenergyservices.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.5 8 Reviews

How responsive is FPL Energy Services's customer service?

1 Resolved
7 Unresolved
Poor 🫤
FPL Energy Services is a rare visitor on ComplaintsBoard, so the pace of resolving complaints leaves much to be desired. We believe they should spend more time and effort on reviews to naturally grow customer loyalty. As for reviewers, we'd advise carefully reading existing reviews to understand what to expect. It's also helpful to go through the few complaints that FPL Energy Services has already resolved to get a clear picture of their customer interaction and potential challenges in resolving your personal issue.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for FPL Energy Services has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

FPL Energy Services reviews and complaints 8

Sort by:

Newest FPL Energy Services reviews and complaints

T
5:51 pm EST

FPL Energy Services Electricity bill

I moved into this house in 2013 and the power was $165 a month which was high at the time. I though well it's two story and take more cooling and heating, however it's dramatically gone up every single year and with a pool it's running $980 a month. I don't know a single person even with swimming pool heaters paying more than $500. Something is seriously wrong with this; I've tried the energy reviews and tips, and FPL's energy calculator says I'd be paying roughly $500 for my consumption.

Desired outcome: Figure out why my bill is so much higher than anyone around me anywhere.

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified FPL Energy Services representatives only. If you are affiliated with FPL Energy Services, please claim your business to access these details.

L
11:17 am EDT

FPL Energy Services $600 security deposit

We recently moved into a rental at 461 Amity Ave. Cocoa Fl 32927. I was shocked that FPL sent me a bill for $661 for a security deposit. The power was on in the house and nobody had to do anything. What are people to do on limited income and in these hard times. Moving is expensive let alone add another $600+ dollars on to it. They are threatening to shut off power On Oct 23,2023 if not paid. I am a heart patient and have a monitor in my home that monitors my heart and defibrillator. If I have a arrythmia or a shock from the defibrillator, the monitor automatically transmits information to my cardiologists office and he can take appropriate action. Without this machine I could die from a deadly arrythmia if treatment not rendered. Does FPL want to be responsible for cutting off my power and my death?I think FPL has to lower this security deposit. It is way too high for people to afford. My account number with FPLK is58074-54524. THANK YOU !

6:12 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

FPL Energy Services A high voltage rate.

On Sept 11th I had my house being inspected from the new kitchen that was destroyed from hurricane IAN, one of the GFI switches did not work and need to be rewired. The dryer and pool pump were not working waiting for a service's man. Sept 14 my electrocution came to fix the GFI switch I had him check the Voltage coming into the Dryer it was 144 volts "WAY TO HIGH" call FPL imminently they came out that afternoon to check the services they agreed and made some changes at the Pole and the House to control the HIGH VOLTAGE it worked. Meanwhile Purchased a new dryer and now the washer don't work plus the pool pump is fried!

Desired outcome: I need some help with the cost that the High Voltage incurred. please contact me by email [protected]@gmail.com.

Hide full review

Is FPL Energy Services legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals FPL Energy Services as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 12% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, FPL Energy Services stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering FPL Energy Services should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

FPL Energy Services earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: FPL Energy Services achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

The age of FPL Energy Services's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Fplenergyservices.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Fplenergyservices.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While FPL Energy Services has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 12% of 8 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • Fplenergyservices.com has relatively low traffic compared to other websites, it could be due to a niche focus, but could also indicate a potential lack of traffic and popularity. The fplenergyservices.com may offer a niche product or service that is only of interest to a smaller audience.
T
11:50 am EDT

FPL Energy Services Overbilling

From June 30 to July 21, I was in Jamaica, once I received my billed I noticed that I will billed for services the FPL did not provide. Not only was I billed for not using the services it was charged more than the months prior.

I have been travelling since the beginning of April and have not been home for more than two weeks at a time. Why am I being billed more while I am not in the country. Also please note I live alone so kindly provide an explanation as to why my bill has jumped from February to present if I am not home.

Desired outcome: Refund for overbilling

M
6:02 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

FPL Energy Services - I am billed twice for same electricity since January 2023

In January we started a Remodeling of our House, we had to move our Residential Meter to a Temp Bussiness Meter. The House was without the Electric Panel and without any Electricicity except for the crew doing the remodeling work. During the months of January 2023 through August 2023 we have received two Electricity Bills, one bill of $624.67 for the...

6:25 pm EDT

FPL Energy Services Security Deposit

I have received notification from FPL that I have to pay a security deposit of $565 on my home in which I have lived for over 25 years. I recently have requested several payment extensions due to the passing of my mother in which I have been responsible for the utilities in her home as well as mine and I thought the payment extensions would be helpful for me. I've had a good history of payments up until my mother's passing. I cannot afford this deposit .

Desired outcome: I would like the security deposit waived.

B
12:23 pm EDT

FPL Energy Services Deposit refund

After 17 years of service and many attempts to get my deposit back I moved to Virginia and called fpl to have my service disconnected and inquired about my last bill I was told it would be deducted from my deposit and any remaining monies owed would be returned to me. I gat a bill in the mail for final bill and called and was given a runaround about my deposit amount. That it would have been returned 15 years ago. So I guess I just have to write off $250 and pay the balance owed. Such a scam

K
Replied
FPL Energy Services has left an official reply on this complaint.

FPL Energy Services FPL has charged me for "surge shield" since September

FPL has charged me for "surge shield" since September . In May many items in my home were damaged by a power surge. Hot tub jet pump, hot tub heat pump, modem, router, low voltage wiring (cat6), TV, AppleTV, refrigerator, etc. (over $7,000 in damage). FPL explained that they will only pay to replace major motor driven appliances, but only if I don't make a claim through my Home Owners Insurance. I told them I no longer wanted "surge shield" since it doesn't work and they don't pay when a surge damages my property. They came to remove the surge shield from my home but it was not installed. So I asked for a refund of my charges back to 9/25 (about $1200) since the device was most likely never installed and I was offered a 6 month credit (about $60).

Read full review of FPL Energy Services and 2 comments