Stubhubscam and cheating

I wanted to reward a friend with tickets to a Yankee game - one of the final games of the year. I decided to purchase tickets from StubHub. I realizing the tickets had been marked-up; nevertheless, this was a special event.

Not including the tickets, I spent $4k to in hotel, air and more just to travel to and from NYC.

The "expensive" tickets: over $2k.

The original owner of the tickets: A Yankee season ticket holder. Ask me for his name.

When I attempted to use the tickets, the Yankees refused me at the gate. The tickets are invalid.

I telephoned StubHub. The phone rang and rang. I telephoned back and was placed on hold for - well, I gave up. How is a fan going to resolve a serious problem at the gate, when StubHub places us on hold forever?

I complained to StubHub. I was sent the Invalid Ticket Claim Form" and was tolded by Deju, "this type of situation is rare..."

Deju: "this type of situation is rare"

9-28-08

A StubHub representative, Sue at [protected], telephoned me prior to receiving the form. She encouraged me to complete the form and return it ASAP; she too stated this type of situation (selling tickets to fans that are fake or invalid) is rare. She said that she would be back in touch with me; that if I wanted to phone her I could...but that her voice mail (at customer service) doesn't work.

• Sp
    Sportacus Jul 18, 2015

Sold tickets through stubhub. The buyer of my tickets resold my tickets. The buyer of my tickets claimed I sold the tickets multiple times. I m not going to get paid now. BEWARE. Stubhub protects buyer but not the seller.

• Ca
    cannibalizer Jun 23, 2010

since when is buying and reselling tickets at a higher cost not called SCALPING? this is [censor]ing illegal and should be stopped.

• Fa
    FanseePanths Jul 16, 2009

Ticketmaster is the way to go.

• Et
    Ethelred Jul 16, 2009

I've had some bad experiences with StubHub, too. That's why I mainly like Ticketliquidator or TicketsNow. Although, overall, I think Ticketliquidator has lower prices.