Menu

reviews & complaints

StubHub Complaints Summary

67 Resolved
284 Unresolved
Our verdict: With StubHub's very poor resolution rate, careful consideration is needed. Research their service comprehensively, and read up on how they handle customer disputes. If you face issues, be prepared for potential challenges in obtaining resolutions and explore other service providers as backups.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for StubHub has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of StubHub. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

StubHub complaints 351

Sort by:

Newest StubHub reviews & complaints

8:54 pm EDT

StubHub Listing tickets

Trying to enter barcodes for tickets listed. Unable to for the fifth time. Call in and get overseas call centers. They switch me around with no solution. First time was four hours without solution. Tickets are for Atlanta at San Diego baseball.Today is 4/6 at 5:53

D
1:25 pm EDT

StubHub Ticket sale

I listed and sold tickets through StubHub. I was sent an email to transfer the tickets, which I did. I have sold many tickets amd followed the same steps. StubHub is stating the buyer did not get the tickets. They took the money away from the sale and cancelled the sale. I spoke to Stub hub and they claim they were never sent to the buyer.

Below I have supporting Documentation showing the tickets were indeed transferred.

Milwaukee vs Bulls 7Pm April 5th, 2022

Please help!

Desired outcome: I would like to receive payment. It is clear to me that the buyer received the tickets.

U
3:26 am EDT

StubHub Stubhub ripped me off $706.40

On 17NOV21 I purchased two (2) tickets for $706.40 for the Journey with Toto concert to occur on 07APRIL22, (just FIVE (5) days away) from STUB HUB, and as of 02APL22, I still have not received my tickets. I believe Stub Hub is a criminal enterprise and has ripped me off for $706.40.

Now, just six (6) days before the concert they write: “You will not get an email to accept them.” And now after five (5) months tell me I’ve got to down load some “AXS app”, whatever the HELL that is, to my flip phone, with no explanation of what an “AXS app” is. Or how this is done.

Desired outcome: Complete refund of my $706.40

5:58 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

StubHub Contact-service center help.

Can not get any service on my listing /sales. Awful call centers over seas.Tickets listed were for Padres home opener and now April 22 game will not accept Ballpark barcodes.

Desired outcome: Like to have Stubhub call me with a solution.Yes [protected]

B
6:16 am EDT

StubHub Sam Fender concert tickets

Order number [protected]

Sam fender concert tickets Liverpool (tonight 21.03.22)

Concert is tonight and I don't have the tickets.

I've been emailing and phoning all stub hub numbers but do not get through, the main number I was on hold for over an hour but nobody answered the call.Complaints number is not in use.

Very upset and hugely disappointed I've paid £167

Bev Cumiskay [protected]

Desired outcome: Tickets ASAP

E
8:44 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

StubHub will not answer phone

Bought 2 tickets for a concert that was rescheduled twice due to covid restrictions. Daughter cannot attend event so trying to resell. The problem is the website will not allow me to sell keeps saying it has hit a problem and try again which I have done with no sucess. No emails answered and not answering phone. over £500 lost if this goes wrong.

Desired outcome: able to resell or refund

W
8:35 am EST

StubHub Ticket bait and switch

We purchased 3 tickets for this Sunday Music Man (3/6/22)— Orchestra Row A seats. StubHub confirmed they were seats 105, 106, 107. After buying the tickets, we booked airline tickets (two from FL and one from Boston) for the weekend. StubHub then emailed that the tickets they sold us were not avail and they offered us Row T in the same section. I bought Row A seats and now I should be happy with Row T? There are tickets avail in the front section where we purchased our Row A tickets, but StubHub doesn’t want to offer those to us as they are “too expensive”. They actually tried to convince me that they are doing me a favor by replacing our Row A tickets with Row T! So now we are out three airline tickets if we walk away, or we can pay for Row A tickets and receive Row T!

Desired outcome: Tickets in the Orchestra Center close to what we purchased in any of the three weekend shows (Sat or Sun). That is what we purchased and what we deserve.

1:55 pm EST

StubHub Tickets to the True Crimes Podcast

I purchased 2 tickets for the June 1, 2020 True Crimes Podcast. When Covid cancelled most everything all of my commitments (ie air fare to Mexico, Mexico all inclusive, a wedding venue, etc) all refunded me immediately except for Stub Hub. They said that they show is technically post-poned and may happen someday. I kept searching the internet and in November of 2021 the Podcast is now rescheduled for April 11 at the same NYC venue. I contacted them and they said Stubhub would have to confirm with them about the tickets since it is up to them now. After numerous calls and EVEN a Facebook Private message they stopped communicating. At this point I just want a full REFUND and I learned my lesson with Stubhub purchasing. If other people are having this issue with Stubhub not providing a refund due to Covid cancelling or post-poning their tickets please keep posting here and hopefully a law firm will take it as a class action.

Desired outcome: Tickets for the upcoming April 11th show or Full Refund

S
10:28 am EST

StubHub They stole my money.

This company took 271.00 dollars of my money and never sent my tickets to a football game. Even after numerous phone call and emails they were none responsive, and when I finally got someone on the phone she had the audacity to ask what took me so long to call. Do yourself a huge favor and use someone else for ticket purchases. I guess lesson learn.

T
6:12 pm EST

StubHub Purchasing 2021 Orange Bowl Tickets

I purchased Orange Bowl tickets through my StubHub account on Sunday 12/19/21.

I received an email at 4:52 PM on Monday 12/20/21 notifying me that my tickets have been sent (or should receive them soon). I checked every email in my Inbox, Clutter and Junk folders (the last two are my SPAM folders). No email from anyone regarding transfer of tickets.

I received a second email at 4:52 PM on Wednesday 12/22/21 notifying me again that the tickets have been sent. I checked all my email folders again and still no email from anyone regarding transfer of tickets.

I called StubHub at around 9:40 pm on Wednesday 12/22/21 and spoke with a Denita (?). Told her I was not able to find any email for transferring of tickets. She asked if I wanted a credit back to my account for the full amount and I said yes as long as I was able to use it to buy tickets that night. She said it would take 1/2 hour for the credit to show up in my account.

I waited to buy tickets to see if my brother-in-law would be joining my wife and I so I would need to buy an extra ticket. So, I waited until Thursday 5:15 pm to purchase tickets. When I logged into my account I did not see the credit in my account.

I checked my emails and found a StubHub email sent at 9:45 PM on Wednesday indicating that it would take up to 5 business days to have the credit issued to my account - not an 1/2 hour like the operator indicated.

I called StubHub at 5:26 pm on 12/23/21 and told Orine (a guy) about my issue. He tried to get my credit issued to my account but told me that because the game was not within the next 7 days, he could not credit the amount back to my account. I told him that this was not acceptable as I wanted to purchase tickets that night and needed the credit to buy them. He said that he couldn't help me. I asked to speak to his manager and after waiting a 1/2 hour he asked if he could have a manager call me back.

I have no confidence that someone at StubHub will call me back of even if they do that they will be able to get my credit issued sooner than 5 business days - which is unacceptable.

This may be the last time I ever use StubHub again.

Desired outcome: I want the credit issued to my account immediately (tonight 12/23/21).

9:34 am EST

StubHub Selling tickets

I listed tickets to sell to Luke Combs in Boston in September. I sold 2 tickets and then found out there was a class action lawsuit against Vividseats (where I originally bought the tickets from), I wasn't sure if I could sell the tickets until there was a settlement so I requested to cancel the sale on 10/4/2021. I did not get a confirmation of cancelling the sale until 11/30/2021, almost 2 months later.

Stubhub then charged me the total ticket price of $692 for the tickets I "could not deliver". This is unethical and terrible business practices. I could understand charging a penalty or the difference for the person to purchase other tickets however the full ticket price is outrageous. The customer service rep, Crystal, I spoke to on the phone said that money is used to find the buyer new tickets. But that does not make any sense because you are still collecting the payment twice, from the original buyer and from me. I asking to speak to Supervisor, was on hold for almost an hour, then Javar told me the same thing, that the minimum they charge you is 100% and they can charge you even more than you listed the tickets for - how is this even allowed? This is extremely frustrating.

StubHub is making money off of a very [censored]ty situation for their sellers/ buyers with all the cancellations /rescheduling due to Covid.

I am requesting that Stubhub release the $692 to my paypal account asap as these current practices are extremely unethical.

Desired outcome: Release of $692

Read full review of StubHub and 2 comments
2 comments
Arlobubba
, US
Jan 07, 2022 12:20 am EST

Stubhub is obviously filing for bankruptcy. I was pretty heavy in the ticket business years ago and sold millions of dollars of tickets on their site ( they made way more than me off them by the way) . So I was asked by my brother in law to sell some tickets to some recent rescheduled events . Over a week after the event he apparently got an email saying customers didn't get into the event and he was being charged 355.00 cancelation fee and 501.00 replacement fee (these were hard copy tickets that you can't duplicate) so I called them immediately the next day. After 2 days and hours upon hours of holding I was finally giving a number to reach someone. This gentleman named micheal never returned my calls so I finally emailed someone . I was told that we did not respond to the email in time and it was too late to investigate the matter. I also told customer service to remove all active listings immediately if nothing was going to be looked into. So three days later he gets an email for a sale on a pair of tickets that we had just sold on another site. Blah blah blah ... 698.00 charge on tickets that were listed for 299.00 ea. No response. I've called customer service recently and got a guy playing bingo who barely spoke English and someone else where all you could hear is roosters 🐓 in the background who also didn't speak English. Put a fork in them. I can't wait until they are done for good. I will continue to fight for his money.

Arlobubba
, US
Jan 07, 2022 12:14 am EST

J
3:31 am EST

StubHub Sold travis scott 2 days concert bracelet ticket.

I sold a 2 day cancert bracelet ticket. I was payed after whoever bought my ticket attended first day . 2nd day was cancelled. Stubhub than charged me back for full amount. I never got my ticket bracelet back. I feel robbed by this comoany . Because they charge me a fee to sell my ticket. They also pay me after they make sure ticket is valid. But now i dont have ticket or my money ... they automatically charged my paypal account without consent.

Desired outcome: I want my money refunded.

M
10:47 am EST

StubHub uses your phone number for telemarketing

I changed phone numbers early this year. I made sure to only use this number for my monthly bill contacts. Over the next 9 months I had only received calls from my internet provider. I purchased tickets last week for my first time with the new phone. This week I have received 3 calls from 3 different unknown numbers not leaving messages. This is not a coincidence. Making spam email offers a default setting that needs to be changed is one thing, selling phone numbers to telemarketers that only hang up on you when you ask them to remove your number is another and definitely not worth the price of doing business with this company.

Desired outcome: stop selling customers contact information to telemarketers

P
6:11 pm EDT

StubHub Tickets

I purchased 4 tickets for James taylor at Honda center for may 28 2020. Spent 1400 section 221. Today we were waiting for our tickets to come through as it was rescheduled to night and tickets were coming today. Then I get an email saying our tickets were canceled and do we want tickets in section 201. These seats are totally unacceptable. We have used stub hub for many many events and never been treated like this. We called to see if we could get better and she said no. How did this happen? We canceled all our plans and got our money refunded. We wanted to go just to see who was put in our seats. Very unfair and why would I ever trust stub hub again. Order [protected]. Paula donahue. [protected]@yahoo.com

T
8:44 pm EDT

StubHub Tickets for white reaper show

I purchased tickets for a white reaper show at The Burl in Lexington Kentuck scheduled for 3/28/2020. The show was to be "rescheduled" with no date given. I tried to get a refund but was told I couldn't because the show was being "rescheduled". I received an email on 10/22/2021 notifying me that the show was rescheduled to 10/24/2021. Only 48 hours notice to attend the show or try to sell the tickets. I live in Wisconsin and the tickets were bought for a planned trip that had to be cancelled due to covid. I had no way of attending on this short of notice. I was also on a backpacking trip with no cell service and didn't see the email till 10/2//2021. I called stubhub and was told they could not issue a refund. This is very fraudulent on either stubhub or the venue. Either way stubhub should do the right thing

Desired outcome: Full refund

B
8:09 am EDT

StubHub Customer service

I was supposed to receive mobile transfer tickets but received PDF tickets instead, I purchased 2 tickets and received 10 (the 8 additional tickets were somewhat marked through). This concerned me. I called customer service (I spoke with rep Eanna E. the entire 2 hours I was on the phone) and they had me send the PDF of the tickets I received. She said she could not believe someone would send this and she has never seen this before and she was trying to call the seller but they did not answer. She said she was going to reach out to try to get me replacement tickets or a refund. After a long wait she had me check my email and she had sent me what they called "fixed tickets" which was 2 PDF files, each containing one of my tickets from the PDF file I sent them. Customer service had been very polite up to this point, but that changed. When custom service sent me the PDF tickets the first question I asked was do the tickets need to be printed and I was advised yes they do need to be printed. I told them I don't have access to a printer and purposely ordered mobile transfer tickets for that reason. I had already read in several places on the StubHub website that PDF tickets should be printed because all venues will not accept a PDF ticket from your phone. I asked if there was anyway they could provide me with any type of mobile transfer tickets because that is what I ordered and I just wanted what I ordered. I was told no they could not do that. I asked if they could provide a refund so I could go back and order tickets that were mobile transfer and they said no. I was upset because I did not receive what I ordered and they told me it didn't matter because they were charging the seller and that I had tickets to get in so there was nothing they will do to help me. I reiterated that I had no access to a printer and did not feel secure with the tickets because I also had access to the additional 8 tickets that were sent with my tickets (which means anyone else who bought tickets from this seller has access to my tickets as well). Customer service then said that their sources are saying I can use the PDF tickets on my phone and they don't have to be printed, I told them about seeing on the StubHub site about PDF tickets should be printed and they said they don't know what else to tell me and there is nothing they will do, the tickets will work and the only options I have is to either go or sell the tickets. I told them the tickets were for my daughters 14th birthday and I was going to have to drive about 2.5 hours to get to the concert and I've very concerned that we will not be able to get in and just wanted secure tickets but they said the tickets will work and I can either go or sell them. I ended up selling the tickets as PDF and uploaded the "fixed tickets" sent to me by StubHub customer service and I ended up taking almost a $50 loss. Also since I won't receive payment from the tickets until 5-8 days after the concert I can't afford to purchase new tickets to take my daughter to the event. I can't believe something so simple turned out so horribly.

Desired outcome: New tickets or refund of the money I lost

J
4:45 pm EDT

StubHub I sold tickets for Guns & Roses concert at Hollywood Hardrock hotel on October 3 2021

I sold two tickets to the above show on your website on August 27 2021 under order # [protected] the tickets were delivered to the new purchaser on August 30 2021 and I got the confirmation email. On September 27 2021 I recieved a email looking for me to print out a shipping label and mail two other tickets to the same show under order #[protected]. I only had two tickets and only posted it on the stub hub website once. I attempted to call Stubhub on two seperate occasions but waited 30 minutes to talk to someone and never was able to be connected. Finally on September 28 I called late in the evening and waited 53 minutes and was connected to Stubhub employee Jake who advised me that based on the info I give him with the order numbers there had been two listings for the same tickets on the Stubhub site placed one minute appart. I advised him I had only posted the sale once and he belived it had been a site error and that it would be investigated by a Stubhub team that does these types of investigations. I was told I would be called or emailed within 24-48 hours with the outcome. On October 3 2021, the day of the original show that the tickets were for, I recieved an email saying the sale under order # [protected] was cancelled and that I would be responsible for the original price of $500.00 . Once again I called the Stubhub phone number waited aproximatly 45 minutes and spoke with a female employee who stated the investigation had shown I was somehow at fault for the second posting of the same two tickets same seats and date, and that the money would be charged to my credit card on file with Stubhub. I write to you stating, Stubhub supposedly has software to stop double listings of the same tickets for the same event which apparently did not work. Also what would be the benefit to me to post two listings for the same tickets when I only had two tickets. The tickets were for handicapped seats at Hardrock hotel because my wife is in a wheelchair due to M.S. The only reason we did not attend the show was the recent spike in covid 19 and we could not take the chance even though we are vaccinated. This is a real burden for us to be charged $500.00 dollars for the mistake that was Stubhubs fault. Thank you for any assistence you can give me. John Boyle Phone # [protected]

Desired outcome: Reverse the $500.00 charge to my credit card

1:12 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

StubHub Never paid for tickets sold

I purchased 3 Tickets in May for a concert scheduled for August 28, 2021 through PayPal on Ticketmaster. In August I listed them for resale on Stub Hub. I listed them for $300. They Sold on Aug. 19 and I got a Statement/email that they sold and that my payout was $255. I have a picture of it on phone and it is still on my stub hub account. The site lists their policy that they pay out 5-8 days post event. My event was August 28th. I have not received the money in my PayPal account. I contacted both Paypal and my bank which is linked to Paypal and both said they cannot help me since the transaction was with Ticketmaster. What are my options? The 800 number keeps you on hold for 3 hours only to disconnect you. There is no email to reach out to the company. Utterly frustrating and horrible customer service!

Desired outcome: Deposit the amount owed $255 to my PAyPal account immediately

1:45 pm EDT

StubHub Late delivery of parking ticket for event

Sold parking ticket for Penn State vs. Ball State game in State College, PA on September 4th. Dropped tickets and mailing label on August 31st at UPS store and tickets were to be delivered to Kennett Square buyer by September 2nd at the latest. Order number [protected].

UPS tracking number 1Z18V5310232195797 was accessed when buyer didn't receive the tickets on Friday, September 3rd. UPS information showed tickets were sent to Ohio due to a sorting error and were being returned to the buyer. They were not delivered until Monday, September 6th.

I received pay from StubHub for the tickets ($106.25), however, I reimbursed the buyer the $125 he paid for the tickets from StubHub. I did so only after we both tried unsuccessfully to reach StubHub for assistance.

Desired outcome: Reimbursement of the $125 I paid to the buyer to reimburse him.

7:38 pm EDT

StubHub Payment for tickets sold

I held for over two hours for Stub Hub customer care. There is no Working a call center at Stub Hub. False messages and recording. Changed account for payment update on their App and funds were still sent to closed account. Impossible to speak with anyone but the sure keep selling tickets. I tried to resolve on the App but it is totally I, possible. Their excuses of rehiring is just a flat out lie.

Desired outcome: Want my money sent to correct account

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

StubHub contacts