Stream Energyearly termination fee

J

I was trying to move my service to a new address but the customer service guy said he could not find my address. Don't know why the house has been there for 20 years. My contract is up in Nov. 2011 and he told me I would have to pay a $250 early termination fee. I said why I have no control over when my house sells and I don't understand why my new property is not listed. I have done business with Stream for over 5 years never late and never any problems on my part. I said this is how you treat a regular client. Also, told him my neighbor down the street has stream and if it is available to her why not me. Said again he could not find my address (new). Told him fine then but I would never ever use "stream" again and would discourage others from doing so as well. If they can't work with lifes situations beyond our control they can have it !!! What a scam these people run when you can't even go the extra mile to help our a client. Beware !!!

• Lp
    LPHa Feb 08, 2018

Have been with Stream for about 15 years, and until the last 6 months, have had no trouble. But we built a new house in front of our old house. Tried to transfer our account to the new house. I have called them averaging 3 days a week since October and they STILL can't get it straightened out. And now they've turned us over to a collection agency for the "Early Termination Fee" even though they KNOW we are still with them. This is the last straw. As soon as I can get a supervisor or manager on the phone and get this straight, we are switching to another carrier. This company has apparently taken the business model from AT&T because the customer service is now terrible!

• Nr
    nrgGabriel Feb 08, 2018

@LPHa Lpha,
    I understand you concerns in might be able to help I work for electricity company that has 24 hour customer service and it's been established since 1937. Hopefully I can help just let me know :)

• Nr
    nrgGabriel Apr 02, 2017

Hello,
    I work for a established energy provider with great rates. If interestested in knowing more please call me
    Gabriel Ferguson
    [protected]

• Bl
    bluemesabob Mar 20, 2017

When changing providers from Stream to another company I carefully researched termination policy. The fee applies if 31 days or more before the end of the contract. My bill clearly states "Your contract expires on he first meter read on or after April 1, 2017." My meter is read on the 14th of the month, which the customer service rep confirmed verbally. I signed up with the new company on 3/15 thinking that gave me a day or two cushion. I still got the bill for the fee. Upon calling them they tell me my termination date is 4/22 based on my contract anniversary. Clearly in conflict with the statement on my bill. I can guarantee if I had not made any changes they would of started billing me at the non-contract rate on 4/15!

• Al
    Alyse T. Mar 09, 2017

Going through same thing. Contract ended 3/07/2017, switched providers 3/07/17. Now they are saying I owe them 250 for early cancellation even though I never renewed any contract and even told them I'm switching. Calling today to read them the riot act.

• Ge
    GELKER Jul 01, 2014

NEED ENERGY ASSISTANCE CALL ME AT 318 4915833NO ISSUES NO DOUBHTS CALL ME GELKER MENENDEZ

JohnStan Dec 20, 2012

Stream Energy customer NON-service is the worst. I got a deal for a good fixed rate for a year. I called their customer NON-retention line and they would not even try to match it. Their rate is their rate. Just deal with it. So I did.

My contract was up in late August. I switched to a new provider effective October 1st. They billed me $100.00 for early termination! After calling customer NON-service, I paid the portion of the bill that excluded the BOGUS early termination charge. They were supposed to drop the charge within 48 hours. So I forgot about it.

Then in early December I received a collections letter for $100.00 to Stream Energy. Needless to say, I went ballistic. They had not dropped the charge as promised. They had not sent me a bill showing the BOGUS early termination charge as still due. They simply called in the attack dogs. More stellar customer NON-service!

I called customer NON-service again and read them the riot act. They finally dropped the BOGUS early termination charge as showing due on their billing web site. I also demanded that they contact their attack dog and cancel their collection effort. I have yet to hear any more from them but it has only been a few days. If anything gets posted to my credit score pertaining to this, they will be sorry. Stay tuned.

• Le
    Left BoA Mar 17, 2011

Stream doesn't read the meters.. The local utility provider reads the meters.

• Br
    Bridge2luv Feb 14, 2011

I recently received a utility bill that was almost tripled in amount. There is no way this meter reading is correct but no one at the company cares and they are blatant about wanting every cent. No payment plans or installments ...just bogus charges and demand for payment. I can't believe this corporate bullying.

Chris Mar 25, 2009

I'm in the same situation. I made every attempt to negotiate an equitable deal with Stream, then selected a more agreable provider. The transfer went through at the same time as the end of my 2-year agreement and they are now sending threatning collection letters. I will give them the benefit of the doubt on the 3-5 day review by the billing dept whether I should consider them next year.

• Fr
    Fred Mar 24, 2009

My 2 year contract expired on 3/16/09 and Stream customer service confirmed this. I received numerous phone calls from Stream telling my that chaning my service would result in a Early Termination Charge. When I called them back, they would again confirm the date. I changed to another company effective 3/19/09. Sure enough, I received a $250 early termination charge on my bill. Customer Service said they would enter a note in my account that this should be investigated by their billing department and I should call back in 3-5 business days. These are very shady and unprofessional business practices and I could not recommend Stream after this.