Stores123damaged product received

Whatever you do do not purchase from this horrific company. I purchased a dresser for our baby's nursery and it came with one of the main pieces split in half. Unfortunately, due to the fact that there was some work being done in that room and the flooring had not yet been laid, we had to wait a few weeks to assemble it, so we didn't know this right away. As soon as the broken piece was discovered we notified rakuten.com, where we ordered it from and they contacted stores123 for us. They requested images, which we sent. I was then emailed back the next day that they could do nothing. When I called and explained the situation, that the shipment was only just yesterday unpacked, I was told I should have called 3 days sooner, but that at this point they were unwilling to do anything. His only other suggestion was maybe google the manufacturer and see if they want to do anything.

What awful customer service!! I don't want a refund, I don't want a new dresser, I just want the one piece that came split in half that is now holding me up from finishing the assembly of our baby's dresser. So now I have a half built dresser that I paid $300 for and can do nothing with.