Having problems with Starbucks?

Starbucks reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 29, 2006. The latest review Barista was wierd was posted on Jun 10, 2021. The latest complaint dangerous low hanging lamps was resolved on Sep 29, 2019. Starbucks has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 503 reviews. Starbucks has resolved 54 complaints.

Starbucks Customer Service Contacts

1800 787 289 (Australia)
1300 808 989 (Malaysia)
+1 800 782 7282 (United States & Canada)
+44 333 005 0449 (United Kingdom)
+353 16 770 744 (Ireland)
+43 133 6633 (Austria)
+41 449 471 818 (Switzerland)
+90 444 4749 (Turkey)
+852 21 011 399 (Hong Kong)
+62 150 0078 (Indonesia)
+63 284 626 262 (Philippines)
+65 65 137 500 (Singapore)
+82 230 151 100 (South Korea)
+66 20 798 688 (Thailand)
+54 800 122 0129 (Argentina)
2401 Utah Ave., S Ste 800
Seattle, Washington

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Starbucks Customer Service. Initial Starbucks complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Starbucks above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Starbucks. Discuss the issues you have had with Starbucks and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Starbucks Complaints & Reviews

Starbuckshot drink cups

I am a loyal starbuck's customer. I spend a lot of money on coffee. I am absolutely sick and tired though of getting a coffee and then have it drip all over... Either down the cup on my hands or down my outfit when I take a sip. This is really uncalled for with a brand promise such as starbucks's. Is it really work the pennies that are being saved? I never write complaints. For me to get to this point is really saying something. Don't forget why customers pay $5 for a coffee!

Starbucksdisappointed

I loved starbucks and was their loyal customer for a long time.
    Recently I went to starbucks to get some coffee. I made and order and purchased a take out coffee.
    When I was just about to leave one of starbucks employees accidentally run into me and as a result coffee was everywhere - on the floor, on me. They said they were very sorry and that's it. They never offered me another coffee! Just said how sorry they were and nothing else. Very bad service!

Starbuckscustomer service

Starbucks in newark airport terminal c storeid: ewrsta06
      Customer service was bad - I asked for a grande pike coffee with a little bit of steamed milk (instead of leaving room for milk at the bar). They refused to do it; they said they would have to charge me for a misto. I was not interested in a misto I only wanted a full cup of coffee with a little bit of steamed milk. I explained that no other starbucks ever charges me for a misto and that's how I always order my cofeee at starbucks. They said sorry, that's how we do it here. Shouldn't all starbucks' be consistent across the board? Even when I order coffee from a starbucks inside of department store I never have a problem.

Starbucks — service

Hello, I am an employee at the lax airport and I frequently patronize the starbucks at terminal 6...

Starbucksservice

Stopped by your location harris hospital fort worth tx. 10/7/16. At 3 pm. Going to place an order for black ice tea for 4 people. The girl at counter would not acknowledge us standing there. When we placed our order she stated we don't carry that anymore with an attitude. I stated well it's still on your menu and she came back with even more attitude. Well it hasn't been updated in a couple years. This is a hospital with hundreds of people going in and out everyday. Guess yours sales at this location are slipping and I can see why. I'm a overly nice person but her attitude just made me realized why there's so much trouble in the world.

Starbucks — ordering

This happened in the starbucks at kings plaza mall on 9/14/2016 @ 12:45pm. I was standing in line waiting to...

Starbucks — straw

I bought a cup and a pack of 3 steel straws at starbucks in bellerose, ny, for about 40.00. The second time I...

Starbucks — donation program

Hello, I would like to make a formal complaint about starbuck's indianapolis, in. Lafayette rd. Location. I...

Starbucks Coffee Store in downtown Marietta — booted car

I went to starbucks coffee store at 30 whitlock ave, 30060 marietta today, 07/16/16, thinking to buy a...

Starbucksrewards not honored

Starbucks runs promotions and asks customers to buy coffee multiple days with the promise of reward points/stars. They offer stars, for example, 200 stars, in exchange for buying 15 times in 15 days. They also run promotions rewarding you for trying multiple new products in a limited time period. But they don't give you the stars. Recently I participated in two promotions, one for 200 stars, and another for 60 stars. No stars were ever loaded onto my account. When I called Starbucks to complain they said they would be loaded within 24 hours. That was 4 days ago. They got me to spend about $86 dollars in 18 visits but they don't honor their promotions. I have been a loyal customer for years but not anymore--Starbucks is interested in getting me to spend money but won't honor their promotions. Thanks Starbucks--consider me an ex customer.

Starbucks — travel mug replacement lids

Received a very nice travel mug - 2 months later - I managed to break the lid. Guess what?! They don't...

Starbucksservice

I got a mobile order for a peach iced tea. When I got there instead of making my drink I saw the employee put my cup off to the side and he continued to make other drinks. I stood there for 15 almost 20 minutes and nothing happened. I even pointed out to my friend who was standing next to me that my cup is over there on the side and that they are not touching it. When I said it I saw that employee look at me, but he did nothing. I decided to tell one of the other employees what happened and she asked that employee what happened. He said that they just simply ran out of the peach syrup. Instead of informing me about it like a mature adult he decided to act childish and put it away and disregard as if it didn't exist. So disrespectful. I spent good money on that drink, so I deserve to get it or get my money back. In the end I just got the iced tea with mango syrup instead.

Starbucksblack tea lemonade add sparkling

Bought two of the Black Tea Lemonade add Sparkling Drinks, got home and tried it and it was disgusting. Not just one but both were bad. You mostly tasted the sparkling water in it. I would never of thought that Starbucks would have a bad drink. Won't be getting teas from Starbucks again. Ashland and First street.

black tea lemonade add sparkling

• Wine Is Good Jun 05, 2016

I do not like every item I get from Dunkin Donuts, but that does not mean they are bad.

Starbucksbeef brisket and skinny vanilla latte

Around 7:25 tonight, June 1, 2016, I went through the drive-thru in Greece, NY on West Ridge Road and ordered a beef brisket sandwich and a tall skinny vanilla latte, which I have ordered a couple other times in the past and had no problems. However, this time my skinny vanilla latte did not taste like one and had no flavor and tasted very sweet like there was a ton of sugar in it. Just awful. Plus it was hardly hot. As for the sandwich, whoever prepared it just tossed the meat on it without paying attention. Only half of the sandwich had meat and one side of the bread hadn't even been toasted or grilled (however they cook it), and the bread was sliding off the sandwich. I was very disappointed that there was half a sandwich without meat and should think there's a recipe for each employee to follow in preparing these. The drive-thru was not busy and there was only one vehicle behind me. And to make matters worse, I asked for a receipt and the girl said they couldn't give me one as the receipt machine was broken. Unbelievable! This will be the last time I go there and I will make sure my family and friends here about this. At least there's one good thing about this evening, you offer a site to write complaints. I can't provide pictures as I ate the sandwich. I hadn't done any grocery shopping and usually trusted Starbucks for a good meal. I know it came to around $11.00 but without a receipt... you get the point.

Starbucksi'm so disappointed with starbucks!

Recently went to Starbucks and bought a coffee there. When I wanted to get to my table one of the Starbucks workers accidentally run into me and I fell and the coffee was all over me! He apologized and disappeared. I asked the sales person for another cup and they said that I have to pay for it! They saw what happened and that was not my fault! They refused to give me a new coffee for free!! I'm so disappointed with Starbucks!

Starbucksservice and competence of employees at, ft. lauderdale airport store 0421/2016

I just had the worst experience ever at a starbucks. No satisfaction when I called to let the representative know how poorly the employees performed, "sorry I can't help you with that".

I stood in line after ordering my pour over de-caffeinated coffee that I had to remind the cashier she did have, she really didn't want to do one. There only 3 people behind me in the order line so they were not swamped. The lady in front of me with two young kids ordered a glass of milk, she had to come back to the counter 3 times to get a glass of milk. While I waited for my coffee the folks waiting on orders grew larger and larger. Everyone who was served came back to the counter with an issue concerning what they ordered, I saw one women get an empty cup! Come on starbucks, that's the kind of service you expect from a interstate service station mcdonald's.

Seek out local brews from now on!

Starbucksservice

I visited starbucks on 56th and summitview in yakima, wa today. I got in line behind two older ladies. It took at least 5 min for them to finish after taste testing and telling the barista stories. When I finally got served I jokingly said to barista, that was quick. I meant the the two ladies, not the employee. While waiting for my drink the person making it asked employee at register if my drink b
                      Needed whip cream which I had said no to when I ordered it. The person making it seemed passed off at me for saying anything. Or maybe my comment to person who took ny order. I'm not sure. So literally 1 minute later the person making my drink started putting whip cream on my drink so I said no whip cream. This person then got hostile towards me and said: yeah I know I was just going to take it off. How was I to know that? Up to this point I was not rude to them. But then person making my drink took a spoon and removed whip cream from my drink along with some of the ice and coffee. This was good so I wouldn't have any whip cream in it agent their mistake. But he or she was still mad and never replaced the ice or coffee they took out. The coffee was over 5 bucks. I took the coffee from the still hostile barista who made it and said: thanks #. Then went outside. 5 min later he or she came out with I guess a manager of maybe he or she was the manager, and said because of what I said I was no longer welcome at their store. Which I had come to for at least 10 years. Plus they said it in front of my friend. I know what I said was wrong and rude. But honestly up to that point I had not said anything rude or negative to them. The manager becket asked for my side of the incident or anything and I do believe the barista was incredibly rude and hostile. If anyone connected to starbucks reads this then please contact me because I feel I was egged on for the purpose of provoking me so they could ban me from their store. It happened between 2:15-3pm on wednesday march 30th. I have gone their as I said for a long time and always appreciated them and tipped them well because I respect their hard work, even though I did not think their service was always that great. I was out of line in my comment but cannot fathom the way they treated me and cheated me out of the the full drink I ordered. I am sure others have experience bad service there too.

marie2354 Apr 04, 2016

I totally agree. I also recently went to a starbucks store #9966 located in w. University dr denton tx. I have a gold card for four years and today I was told that I could not refill iced tea for free. I had to pay 2.98$ as the original order was not iced tea! It said nothing on the website like that. So what is the point of reaching a gold level then? This is totally a fraudulent advertisement for its reward programs! If starbucks practice a fraudulent business sooner or later they would get sue. I would stop using my gold card after this year and will not support such a business. It is worthless to pay for a pricey drink for such a poor service and fake advertisement. It is not the only coffee company on the market!

Starbucksair/heating

I work at the starbucks at western carolina and for the most part I absolutely love it. The only issue is that its always 80+ degrees in the store and when we asked our managers/supervisors to turn on some ac we were told that "nothing could be done about it". Now about half a dozen of the other employees have become so overheated they've been close to throwing up and or passing out. I myself became so overheated the other day I threw up and had to sit down for five minutes drinking water I was so hot. We can't have the doors leading to the outside open because its a "health violation" but we also can't get ac, and its ridiculous when your employees are become physically ill from the heat within the store.

Starbucksservice

Saturday, january 9, 2016- my daughter and I entered a very busy store (sycamore commons, matthews, nc). We anticipated a modest wait for our coffees but we were not prepared for the lack of communication and lackluster approach to resolving my inquiry for a lost cup of tea. My reciept shows our orders were placed at 3:34pm. At 3:48pm, I asked about the "the nameless chai tea" since the birista did not ask my name. The birista (with a smuged name tag) said it will be ready. I asked him to call out the tea without a name becuase the store was so crowded and loud. He sarcastically replied, "I will not... But when the tea is ready I will call it to the bar". Onlookers were silent, but their eyes and non-verbal response to his reaction spoke loudly.in my opinion, that was a missed opportunity to creatively ask my name and assign it a cup. We then waited another 7-8 minutes. I re-visited the register to learn the status of the tea. The birista mumbled words to his colleagues and continued working and engaging with his colleagues. Shortly after, the birista created the tea and yelled, "hey, where's that lady?" I quielty gathered the tea and exited the store at exactly 4pm. As a longtime customer of the brand, im really shocked by the experience shared. I drink coffee daily — local and along the eastwrn seaboard. My work involves a high level of travel and I enjoy connecting with folks wherever life takea me. I think it hurt more to recieve this level of customer service right here in my own neighborhood. I do understand that busy time periods can add an extra layer of stress on employees, but there was clearly missed opportunities and poor signs of customer engagement shown. I reached out the manager and she e-mailed me back, "i'm so very sorry" — without noting how she planned to make things better or reassuring me that it will never happen again. Building relationships over coffee makes starbucks unique. They missed the mark.

Starbuckscustomer service - management issue

I am writing this review here as a warning to future customers walking into a starbucks store managed by chris ali (previously at store# 4350: 20 william kitchen rd, scarborough, on, m1p 5b7) to be cautious of him and his employees (e.G. Starbucks shift supervisor, april) based on the following incidents: 1. Starbucks should not allow their managers to make careless comments that can easily be misconstrued by customers. Perhaps it is starbucks' culture to be 'laid-back' but it should never be acceptable for a male manager to say "wow!" to a female customer upon first impression (particularly since nothing warrants this type of attention just for walking into a coffee shop in everyday wear). If female customers walking into starbucks like this type of attention from him, he should be reserving this type of ‘special treatment’ for them and only them. Otherwise, it is not a compliment and it is not customer service. Under any other circumstances in any other company that provides customer service, this type of incident would not be tolerated towards customers (female or otherwise) at all. 2. A starbucks store has a manager in place to manage a store and part of that includes listening to customers’ feedback regarding their experiences. While most managers understand the nature of their job entails interacting with customers, this starbucks manager has not only refused to acknowledge a customer when he/she has a legitimate complaint, he has also deliberately disrespected the customer’s wishes to not be subjected to further harassment from the entire staff (including the manager himself) and they have also continued the same harassing technique and taken it even further upon themselves to personally retaliate against the customer for not wanting anything more to do with this.in this case, a manager at this store who refuses to handle customer service situations is not needed – please remember to take down his name and the name(s) of his employee(s) involved in the incidents and report to the district manager/corporate headquarters immediately. 3. Starbucks should not be offering food samples if they cannot stand the thought of customers eating a small piece of food for free. This manager thought I was eating his food for free despite being passed to everyone else in the store – the reason being because I mentioned it in a feedback letter to compliment him. Instead, he took the same feedback letter and eagerly ran off to show his own manager for praise and then turned around and accused me of eating his food for free. 4.in the event of not knowing how to provide customer service, disrupting customers’ routines is not the answer. Instead of leaving customers alone and managing the store, this manager would intentionally go out of his way to purposely antagonize customers by pulling pranks to incite a reaction (and then laughing uproariously afterwards) and making customers do things for him, thereby deliberating making them angry. He would even teach these tactics to his employees and then pat himself on the back for successfully angering/harassing a customer. Customers are not there for you to prank around – we want nothing to do with the starbucks games. If starbucks managers feel there isn’t enough to do on a daily basis, they need to ask their own manager on what else can be done. 5. Managers should not force customers to write feedback letters for their own promotional use to look good in front of his/her company. Customers should reserve the right to provide positive feedback on their own (starbucks’ famous ‘word-of-advertising’ method), but not at the manager's request for one in order to make him/herself look good before his own company. Sending the same employee to continually harass me (e.G. The service level will decrease until you do this for us) until I was forced to falsify a positive feedback letter for the employee should not be tolerated by the company. By doing this, starbucks has lost credibility under this manager’s doing because all ‘positive’ things said about the company are generated falsely. 6. Managers/baristas who engage in ‘establishing rapport’ have a responsibility on their part. Customers who walk into starbucks are not looking for assistance nor are they looking to gain anything from starbucks – they are simply there to make a purchase and mind their own business. However, when managers/baristas are looking to establish a rapport and interact with customers, it is important to keep in mind that this rapport means you do not prank the customer around over and over again. This manager has not only allowed his employee(s) to conduct ‘customer service’ in any manner possible, but has also made it acceptable for even the shift supervisor in charge to also conduct her own ‘pranks’ and to follow customers outside of the store. 7. Managers/baristas should not trespass the boundary into their customers' personal lives. Not only is this a severe breach of privacy and respect on the company’s part, it is also completely unwarranted and has nothing to do with providing customer service. A coffee shop is a place to relax and enjoy your own affairs and interaction with other patrons, not to have a manager/barista continually steal information from you or pry into customers' private, personal details when customers do not wish to disclose them. It should not be a requirement for starbucks employees to be involved in customers’ personal lives at all. 8. If starbucks employees are unsure on how to do their jobs, they need to be re-trained. For some reason, despite starbucks providing training for their baristas, they still manage to be incompetent at their jobs and this manager has not even bothered ensuring that baristas are following starbucks’ regulations. As a result, it has become the customer’s responsibility to deal with each and every starbucks barista and the shift supervisor for not knowing how to provide customer service. If starbucks employees (including managers) feel they are overworked or unhappy or do not want to provide a service anymore, they should take this up directly with their own manager and not out on the customer. 9. Managers should be wary of using the 'making a connection' as a sales tactic. This manager did not want customers engaging in ‘hellos’ and small talk with him yet he would force customers to accept the outrageous customer service tactics bestowed upon customers, such as touching, inappropriate comments, unnecessarily 'helping out' and then having the same starbucks employee glare at the customer when he/she approaches the same employee, small talk that goes nowhere, insincere hellos, prying into customers' personal details, and so forth. The whole scheme was very manipulative and insincere. Their idea of a 'customer connection' was to pretend to like the customer first before hitting him/her with a sales tactic and then giving the cold, degrading treatment for not complying with them from then on. When a manager’s intention of ‘making a connection’ is only focused on sales instead of customer service, he/she should not be surprised when customer service standards immensely fail with the result of a customer filing a complaint to starbucks’ corporate headquarters in the end.