Stanford University Medical Center — no compassion for patients
My daughter is currently a post-op patient at Stanford Hospital. We are very disappointed in the care she is receiving from the nursing staff. They show no compassion whatsoever--they have attitudes one would expect from a free hospital in the ghetto. In fact, I've gotten much better nursing care at the county hospital.
A nurse left my daughter stranded in the bathroom and eventually she got herself back in bed, although it was dangerous and very painful for her to do so. They also left her roomie, another post-op patient, stranded in the bathroom as well and when I went to seek help, the nurse at the station got up and helped her, but was nasty to me in the process. Yesterday, another nurse left my daughter in a chair, where she couldn't reach a call button, for an hour and a half, while she went on break. My daughter cried in pain until a good Samaritan came along.
Another time, a nurse apologized to my daughter when she overheard another nurse being rude to her. She said, "don't worry about her, she shouldn't be working here with that attitude." Ha! At least 50% shouldn't be working there with their attitudes! Also, the nursing stations are like frat houses--party, party, flirt, flirt, party! Are they there to work or reel in a cute resident? It's hard to tell.
We complained to their hotline, and did get a cordial response, but nothing changed as far as the nursing care. We can't wait until she's released so she can get proper care at home. Never again!
More Stanford University Medical Center Complaints & Reviews
- Stanford Hospital & Clinics - lack of compassion of stanford hospital staff
- Stanford University Hospital - er physician missed diagnosis
- Stanford Medical - john dupell arrested
- Stanford Health Care - incompetent care in hospital and clinics
- Stanford Hospital - ignorant nurse
- Stanford Health Care - wrong insurance information is entered into my record
- Stanford Health Care - nurse in the emergency department
- Stanford Health Care - dr li, the allergy clinic
- Stanford Cardiology and Neurology Departments - medical malpractice resulting in permanent brain damage
- Stanford Health Care - id photos