Stamps.comSaid I never canceled

L

After receiving my credit card statement, I saw a charge for Stamps.com. I tried this (with 30 day free trial). Trial started 2/3 and saw I couldn't use it so I canceled on 2/27. Now its March 26th, I called to ask for refund, not only am I not eligible for refund, but they also charged me from the 6th until the 26th for an additional months membership. I never used this. This is just plain wrong! There has to be something that can be done. If anyone can help me get this changed, please email me? PLEASE?

• Sh
    Sharon Sue Miller Sep 02, 2008

When I received my bank statement, I realized I had been charged $17.99 for two months straight. I had ordered stamps, and I thought that was the charge that was deducted from my bank account. I remember bening on the wrong website, but I do not remember giving permission to deduct from my account for this service which I would never use, nor did I ever use it. I do all of my personal business online and pay my bills online, and use very little postage. I never received anything from them, not a letter, a welcoming gift, NOTHING!! I called them immediately, and they closed my account without any additional charges, but "sorry about your luck" on the $17.99/$17.99. Call my bank they said. Yeah right. I can't believe USPS associates with this vendor. I am going to report this to the BBB, and shame on USPS. I will not use their services again. I am disabled and on a limited income, and all the hell I wanted to do was order stamps, because I had no way of getting to the Post Office. I will use this, and everyone I come in contact with, will know of this RIPOFF. How about doing a little goodness and start paying the people that are being ripped off with this business? SHAME ON YOU...

• Tw
    T WOOD Nov 18, 2008

i NOTICED A MONTHLY CHARGE THAT HAS BEEN CHARGED TO MY aMERICAN eXPRESS CARD AND i CALLED sTAMPS.COM. iT TURNS OUT i HAVE BEEN BEING BILLED FOR 2 YEARS. tHEY SAID i HAD SIGNED UP ON AN INTERNET SURVEY. tHEIR RECORDS SHOWSD THAT i HAD NEVER LOGGED ONTO THE ACCOUNT. THE EMAIL ADDRESS THEY SAY THEY HAVE BEEN SENDING THE NOTICES TO HAS BEEN DEAD FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS AND WOULD RETURN A NOTICE OF SUCH IF USED. i WOULD ADVISE ANYONE TO BE CAREFUL WITH THE ONLINE SURVEYS. tO ME THIS PREDATORY SALES AND SHOWS THE INTEGRITY OF THE COMOPANIES DOING BUSINESS THIS WAY.

• Ra
    raynman Jan 03, 2009

I was duped into a free trial for this servcie when registering some software I downloaded for registry protection. The offer was free registration if you sign up for a "free" Stamps.com demo. The sign up crashed, but not before they got my information and now are attempting to charge my card every month.

I have challenged the charge with my credit card company. I would normally just contact them, cancel and request a refund. However, their intentions are obvious. You can not cancel on their web site, or via email. They require a call during business hours M - F, 6AM - 6PM PT to [protected].

They make it hard to cancel which is a sure sign of a bad servcie with missleading sales practices.

• Co
    Corey Mar 11, 2009

The Federal Government actually have these criminals listed as an 'approved vendor'. When the online USPS shipping capability is down, stamps.com is listed as an alternative source to buy postage. As a small business owner, we're dependent on USPS to send products to our customers. What they don't tell you is there's a $17.99 monthly charge that appears on your credit card (after a free 'trial period'), even if you never use their service. Think of this as a 'negative option' that record and book clubs use to send you books and records you'd never buy, if you don't send the 'decline' card back on the day you receive it. Does the Postmaster General's brother own stamps.com? I don't get it.
    Avoid at all costs!

• Ha
    hatestamps.com Mar 11, 2009

I open an account with Stamps.com and they offered a FREE 4 week trial period and 5 dollars of free stamps. FALSE they are scamming you stop don't sign up. When deals like that are too good to be true that is when something is a little bit too fishy. They charged my 17.95 for the monthly service fee that is suppose to be free. Lastly I contacted them and they said that I didn't cancel on time? 4 weeks, one week has 7 days which is 28 days. Umm...

• Bj
    BJSLR Jun 19, 2009

I, too, have been a victim of stamps.com. I was on USPS' site first, and I didn't know I'd had left it. As soon as I provided my account info, it was over. I didn't order anything, authorize anything, submit anything - nothing! I received a "welcome" package, so I thought, ok, mistake, I'll cancel. I sent an email, and after no response from them, and them having my account info and all, I called. I told "Jeremy" the story and told him to cancel. He seemed to cooperate and gave me a confirmation number. I thought that was done. They debited my account for $19.99. Folks, there are many times that could have put me in the red. I called and went through 3 more reps, the last one admitting record of my call, acknowledging that I had wanted to cancel but claiming Jeremy had fully explained that the trial period was for 30 days and that 30-day period was not over, therefore, if I really wanted to cancel, I'd have to call back on June 11, 2017, and re-cancel. Come on . . . No, he didn't tell me that, and no, they won't refund. They acted like they did me a favor to waive some pro-rated charge of $2.30. I've complained to the USPS Office of Inspector General; the Office of Consumer Affairs, USPS; the BBB. The USPS should be more responsible than to endorse this scam.

• De
    Deepa B Jun 25, 2009

Same here, I never logged into the account either.
    I made the mistake of subscribing to this service a few years ago. WHen I wanted to cancel, it was nearly impossible, their number kept on ringing. and there is no way to cancel online. So I cancelled my credit card and now, years later, they are sending me emails of bills of 500-600 $! This is not a service I use, I think a sensible business owner should have canceled my account on the first or second non payment? Even today, I went to their website to "cancel" online but it won't do it unless you call and give an address to them to send the bills. Well, Im sorry but that's not happening!

• Re
    rekaziw Aug 15, 2009

Thank you for posting your experience - you saved me from getting duped with the free trial offer.

• Co
    Corey Nelson Aug 21, 2009

WHAT A RIP OFF! When signing up, the fact that they will charge $15 per month whether you use the service or not is conveniently de-emphasized. After four months of paying this charge, NO POSTAGE I might add, I called to cancel the service...You can't cancel over the internet...hmmm?

The person named Bryson said that I would still have to pay the current months bill! He did not want to continue the call and cancel my 'subscription' after I informed him he was being recorded. I re-asserted that I was calling to cancel the service and that they were indeed recording my conversation, I would record theirs. After putting me on hold for a moment, he came back and gave me the confirmation for the cancellation.

DON'T LET THESE SCHEISTERS GET AWAY WITH THIS B.S.!

• Ho
    Hoom Dec 07, 2009

I was promised and signed up for a free 4 week trial plus $5 free postage by stamps.com on Aug. 9th. I received an email from stamps.com next day stating that I qualified for a free 4-week trial, free scale, plus $25 free postage if I stay beyond 4 weeks and signed up.

When I phoned to cancel before the 4 weeks was up, they told me that they could not access my accounts because their system was down. I asked them to cancel both accounts as soon as the system came back up and that I would not use their free postage. Instead of cancelling both accounts, they charged my credit card two separate monthly fees of $15.95 each. I never used the $5 free postage, believing that my accounts had been cancelled as requested. When I phoned to inquire this morning, they refused to remove both charges or, in the alternative, to give me the $25 free postage.

Beware of stamps.com. Their toll-free number is [protected].

• Rh
    Rhee Dec 14, 2009

same situation,
    they have been charging me last two years without notifying me.

How do we start class action?

• Ba
    bah humbug to stamps.com Dec 21, 2009

I HAD USED STAMPS .COM A FEW TIMES AND WHEN DONE I CLOSED ACCNT. NOW I GET A BILL FOR OVER $147. WHEN I CLOSED THERE WAS STILL MONEY IN ACCOUNT. I CALLED TODAY TO FIND OUT WHAT WAS GOING ON AND THEY SAID BECAUSE I DIDNT HAVE MY VERIFICATION NUMBER OF CLOSED ACCOUNT, WELL THIS IS 9 MONTHS LATER AND NO I CANT FIND IT BUT COMMOM SENSE TELLS YOU THAT MY RECORD SHOWS I CLOSED IT THE FIRST 2 TIMES AND IF YOU CHECK RECORDS I HADNT USED IT SINCE THE DATE I TOLD THEM I CLOSED IT. SO NOW I AM IN WHEELCHAIR DISABLED AND THEY ARE GOING TO RUIN WHAT LITTLE CREDIT I HAVE. STAY AWAY!!! THESE GUYS ARE ONE BIG CON GAME AND HOW DOESS $9.99 A MONTH FOR 9 MONTHS ADD UP TO $147.99 AND WHAT HAPPENED TO MONEY I LEFT IN ACCOUNT AND NEVER GOT BACK??? STAY AWAY THEY ONLY WANT TO CHARGE YOUR CARDS WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION AND TAKE MONEY FROM PEOPLE WHO STRUGGLE. PAM H.

• Gr
    GrumpyJoe Jan 18, 2010

They are a scam business running off monthly service charges. I was trying to use uup my postage balance and print out stamps. I managed to load the labels in upside down. No worries right, just like their software says. WRONG! You have to send int the miss prints. Did I mention that you have to be a member to get a refund. Refund 2 to 4 weeks. Monthly charge $9.99. You do the math. Getting the monthly "free credits" yeah right. You need to bug the to credit you, meanwhile they are running your credit card like clockwork. Only can cancel on phone M to F office hours. I had to ask 7 times to be canceled. Kept getting the sell job which I fell for last year when I called to cancel.

Run away form these scam artists. Oh BTW, if you want to contact them, you need to be a member.

• Zj
    ZJD Jan 26, 2010

I have been charged $15.99 a month for the "right" to order stamps online from stamps.com. I have never purchased or received anything from this company. Their website does not state that there is a $15.99 monthly fee. I entered some of my personal information but never confirmed. The website does not give any details until you enter your credit card and other personal information. Even then I did not see a $15.99 montly charge. Apparently my information was in their computer at that point, even though I did not carry through with the final confirmation. They are collecting money from unknowing people for absolutely no service or product. I wish I would have noticed the charge on my credit card sooner...my fault there.

• Ri
    Ripped off by Stamps.com Mar 23, 2010

Stamps.com conned me into taking a free, introductory membership. They may have mentioned a monthly charge that would begin at some point, with the option of canceling at any time. What they didn't say was that they would bill my credit card for a whole year ($200) up front! I called to complain; they said they had our phone conversation on tape and would call me back and prove that I hadn't been deceived. Well, the call never came. When I called back about it, they just said, "Too bad, there's nothing we can do for you."

I was ripped off by this company for $200 and never used the service. It wound up being a donation to them. Their customer service is terrible and anyone who does business with them is making a big mistake.

• Aa
    Aaron Mar 29, 2010

I signed up for Stamps.com when I had a "great revelation" that there must be a way to print stamps from home instead of making a trip to the post office. I did not want to buy them in bulk either, since I rarely mail anything anymore.

So I Googled it and immediately discovered this seemingly wonderful service, called Stamps.com. I saw that it was an approved licensed vender of the USPS, I figured it was pretty legit, and signed up for an account right away.

Right from the beginning, the website gave this great glorifying rant about how this will save "gas-guzzling trip to the post office"! Oh wait! But there's a monthly service fee which will quickly negate the money saved in gas unless you were making 20+ trips to the post office per month?!?!? Who does that?! It's 110% deceiving!

You're to put in your credit card when you sign up, which makes since, so they can charge you when print a stamp. Okay fine. However, I HAPPENED to notice one day that $15.99 was being sucked out of my account every month for this "service" that, by the way, I haven't even used because it's too complicated!

And now it's Saturday and I can't cancel my account because I have to CALL them to do it. There's no "cancel" button like there would be in any reasonable account-based service. And of course they're not open on Saturday.

• Pi
    Pirmanke Apr 02, 2010

I was deceived by Stamps.com Please, be cautious when using this company. I ordered a book of personalized stamps for $18.99, which is about $10 more than a regular book of stamps. I was pretty hesitant to buy them in the first place because of the price. After reviewing my credit card statement, I found out that I have been billed 2 months since, and that I inadvertently signed up for a regular service. The website was very deceiving, as it makes you sign up for the account just to order a book of stamps. The customer service is terrible, as I was unable to get my money back, and it was a lot of work just to cancel my account. Therefore, I ended up paying $48 for a book of stamps that should have cost $9. Don't use this "service."

• Pa
    Parappet Jun 21, 2010

A few years ago I signed up for Stamps.Com in order to get postage on-line. I did not read the agreement carefully and never realized that there would be a monthly fee levied whether or not I used the service. Stupid on my part, but frankly that aspect of the service was not clearly noted. (The sign-up process was so difficult and complicate that I never new I had actually successfully completed it!)

For two and a half years I unknowingly paid $15/month for a service I never used. There is NO notice of annual renewal, which would have allowed me to cancel. There was NEVER a communication from the company reminding me that I was paying for a service I never used. I NEVER RECEIVED A STATEMENT OF ANY KIND. (The debit hit my account but my husband manages our finances and never thought to question me about the charge.) It came to my attention only when my credit card number changed and Stamps.com could no longer charge the monthly fee. Then the communication was endless and very clear!

WATCH OUT FOR THIS MISLEADING SERVICE THAT CAPITALIZES ON UNKNOWING CONSUMERS.

IT IS FAR EASIER AND MUCH LESS EXPENSIVE TO GO TO THE POST OFFICE.

• Su
    Sue Comette Nov 29, 2010

I discovered that I have being billed $15.99 from stamps.com x 2 months. When it appeared the 1st month, I thought it was from stamps I bought at the post office. The second month, I knew something was wrong. Then I remembered a few months ago I had tried to re-order paper stamps to be mailed to my house, and something went wrong on the website and my computer froze up... I never was able to re-order, so I forgot about it until now. Today, I called stamps.com and they said they have today canceled the account I did not know I had, but they cannot give me credit for the service I did not know I had and did not use. In addition, I tried to speak with a supervisor, and was told that one not available, and because this was a Monday after a holiday, I could try and call Thursday or Friday to see if a supervisor would talk to me. I looked line and cannot find any contact numbers other than the [protected] that appeared on my bank statement with the $15.99 per month charges. I am so discouraged and do not know how to get my money back.

• Pr
    prajeshm Jun 03, 2016

I got a cd in my mail from stamp.com and to check out the services. It does not let you see any services until you put your credit card number. And without my consent I was being charged $17 every month. Calling customer service will never help. They do not refund or cut the service, even if you don't use their service.

STAY away!! don't use stamps.com .. This product makes no sense and customer service is totally imposible to deal with.