Speedy-Repo.comFraudulent Price Quote

C Review updated:

Our company found itself in need of a Repo service when one of our independent contractors refused to turn over a company vehicle after we terminated his services. In my research of possible Repo companies, I found www.speedy-repo.com. I contacted them and spoke with Scott in regards to whether or not they could help us and what the price of their services would be. Scott told me on two separate occassions that the charge would only be about $200 to $600. After our second conversation, I contracted Speedy-Repo to get our company vehicle (a 2003 Dodge Ram) back. Over the course of 1 to 2 weeks, I spoke with our assigned "investigator" Tom Daniels several times in regards to leads on finding the vehicle. Speedy-Repo did find our vehicle, but when we received the invoice - it was for $3840.00. The invoice was from a company called I.C.U. Inc (they apparently own Speedy-Repo). And, they wouldn't release my vehicle to me until I paid by wire transfer. DO NOT do business with Speedy-Repo or I.C.U. Inc. unless you are prepared to pay $3000.00 or more to get your vehicle back. I firmly believe that Scott, the original person I spoke with, knowingly lied to me about the price of their services. They get you to contract with them, get your vehicle, and then refuse to even tell you where they are holding it until you pay whatever insane dollar amount that they choose. Again - BEWARE - IT'S A SCAM!!!

• Se
    seekersog Jan 08, 2009

I too hired ICU having a tough case. We are located in California. and had a skip move to Atlantic city with our MBZ S230 2006. I was able to find an adress. Mind you a good one on MLK Blvd, for this person. gave the case to ICU to handle. they sat on it for 2 months. then tell me the person moved. and had a confrintation while they had a moving truck there . and then 5 day later I get a call from. Jay From ICU. telling me. we got it. telling me that the subject moved 3 blocks away. We were very happy to hear this. until we got the invoice. 350 for repo. 120 for keys. which the debtor gave us . 90 for lock out. and 30 a day storage. and a $3, 716.00 skip fee. for a bill over 4k. I did some homework here. I called Atlantic police and spoke to a det. Found out. who actualy picked up the car. and were. and how. 1 block from our home. the subject still lives there. never had any contact. and it was a drive up just happend to be out in the open. their fee was 350. 10 free storage. then 15 a day. from there. They had no idea of our bill and fees. This guy does all the work. great job by the way. and he gets taken like we do. ? I am convinced that ICU knew from the beggining they would take us. I asked every time for updates and never got complete answers. as Per [email protected] the reason is simple. they want total control. I am also in control of corespondence that tells me when we pay we will get the info we paid for. Would a good buisness hold info hostage. ? We want to know what we pay for. I will never use any company that associates themselves with ICU. The company I work for is a national company. with a huge invitory. needless to say. You indipendent guys need to wake up and insure that your not getting used too.
    RICHARD DUNBAR @ [email protected] if you have any question.
    I say when in doubt check it out. it's your money dont let someone beat you for it.

Mark Jan 09, 2009

We have done business with this company more than once and have always had a Fantastic outcome. The Staff has always been informative, very upfront and easy to work with. The fees are fair and reasonable for the quality of work we have received. I am astonished at waht has been written here. More than likely thes allegation were fabricated by a less successful reposession Company with an axe to grind.

We have had very good success with ICU and have personally worked closely with some of the individuals mentioned, these claims are ridiculous.

Thhis Company has been operating for several years and has executed Thousands of reposessions. Come on No body likes the Repo Man their not supposed to. Anyways ICU is a great asset to us very professional.

Mark Jan 09, 2009

Speedy Repo has been wonderful to work with. The rates are very reasonable and they always get the asset even when several other companies have tried already without success.

Speedy Repo is highly reccomended by us and regardless of whatever false claims are made against them here will not change our opinion to detour us from continueing to use them frequently for all of our reposession needs.

Speedy Repo is truly the BEST. And this isolated false claim does not fairly represent this Company

John Jan 27, 2009

Really confused by the complaints I have read. Our company has used Speedy Repo and Icu Inc. for many years with great results. Yes they charge for skip tracing but they also work contingent and never have charged this company a dime when a vehicle couldn't be located even after months of their time and effort. We have used many other companies that charge us close outs and in our opinion have never worked the case just looked for the easy close out money. We are of firm opinion that this company works hard for their fees and any vehicle they have recovered (almost all we have sent them) was well worth the cost compared to what we would lose in a charge off or pay our attorneys to take legal action

• Br
    browneyedgrl1965 Apr 01, 2009

Check out the Better Business Bureau. I.C.U., Inc. rated an F. I also had issues with this company. They literally held my boat hostage after quoting me $350 then faxing me an invoice for $4, 480.
    Check out /link removed/ and you will find several cases where I.C.U., Inc has scammed people with their repossessions, quoting one price then billing THOUSANDS more.

PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!
    See Below...my post on this site, I copied and pasted to here to warn anyone and everyone who will listen to me

I.C.U., Inc. www.tracerservices.com Complaints - Fraudulent Business Practices - CONS
    Review all I.C.U., Inc. www.tracerservices.com complaints

Fort Worth, Texas
    Phone: 888-342-7737
    tracerservices.com

ICU, INC. CON ARTISTS
    BEWARE!!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! THEY WILL SCAM YOU!!!

I.C.U., Inc.
    www.tracerservices.com

460 800-15355 24th Avenue
    Suite 460
    Surry, BC V4A 2H9

888-342-7737 PHONE
    866-329-8787 FAX
    866-959-7376 PHONE (Mike Collins)
    888-577-7376 PHONE (Rick Green)

They will quote you over the phone BOGUS QUOTES and add THOUSANDS in excessive charges they do not quote for you or tell you.
    They will hold your property hostage and try to extort money from you!
    They will hide your property from you and tell you that you have to wire them money first (TO CANADA) before they will give you the location of your property, they say they will fax you the location of your property AFTER you wire them the money to Canada.

BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU REPORTS

I.C.U., Inc. did NOT respond to the Better Business Bureau complaints.
    They are listed as UNSATISFACTORY and scored an F rating

SEE MY REPORTS AND OTHERS!!!

/URL removed/

There are more reports on this site as well.

• Ac
    A CONCENRED COLLECTOR May 12, 2009

JUST DON'T WALK AWAY, RUN AWAY, WE USED THEM TOO AND GOT BURNT. THEY MISQUOTE, MISLEAD, HOLD COLLATERAL HOSTAGE. "MARK" AND "JOHN " LIKELY WORK FOR THESE TOADS.

• Vi
    victim May 20, 2009

i too i'm currently dealing with these bad guys, i do not understand why all of us don't together and suit these guys. is there any of our government branch that can help people from getting victimized by these thieves

• Sh
    Shank SVU Dec 02, 2009

ICU quoted me $350.00 for repossession. The bill came to $32, 250.00 - of which 31k was for skip tracing. Skip tracing costs between $20 to $120 tops. These guys are scam artists. They will pay for this. BTW, all the posts of people stating they had great outcomes are just employees posing. I am filing a federal suit class action, so if you can contact me to join in a larger settlement for damages email me at slumdogm2009 @ yahoo . com

ICU, Rick Green and Don Hall (Who claims he is just a repo guy working for a few hundred) are all in it to scam the American public. THEY ARE ECONOMIC TERRORISTS and deserve to burn in hell. Sorry, just a bit emotional as I lost my 2007 AMG benz from these phuck heads.

ICU Supporter Dec 04, 2009

Shank above Or Ryan Shank is a slumdog liar as indicated in his own email address. There ar no crimes being committed except for the slander above.
    Actually ICU works on a contingent basis as clearly outlined in their agreements which by the way have to be signed prior to ICU accepting a case EVER. If you can not read that is no reason to make up lies about a Company that has work to it;s customers advantge for over 2 Decades. Really? Ryan grow up and take responsibility for you actions. And pay your bills you scammer...

• Pr
    prince626 Dec 08, 2009

does it ever occur to anyone that the good comments are from the people who work for this company.

• Sc
    Screwed by icu Dec 26, 2009

Wow, how can these guys still be in business? They are trying to screw me too. I found the truck and they are trying to charge me 5k to pick it up. I had them say the same things to me, they had all this time in skip traces, I placed a picture on craigslist and some one wrote me within the hour telling me they know right where it was, so we call and had ICU pick it up and then they demanded a ransom to pick it up. It's like "loan sharking".

• Ri
    Rickie Lambert Feb 04, 2010

ICU coming to a sticky end soon. Contact ShankSVU. Let's get this finished.

• Ka
    Kathy G. Feb 22, 2010

This company THEY ARE SCAM ARTISTS, they operate outside country, in CANADA, and have local ###***** ripping us off!!! They were charging me 12% skip trace for my RANGE ROVER 2008, which costs 70, 000, so you do the math, invoice was over 8, 000!! Don't DEAL with these LOW LIVES!!!

• Au
    auto spot Apr 14, 2010

i agree. these people are the new wave of thiefs. they told me one price of $350 and charging me $2380. i sent them right to the car. my cars are equipted with gps units. these people are anti americans. if you even think about using them then you will pay the price for not listening to me. do not let this company live much longer. call your local law enforcement on these guys if you have been nailed by them. file a complaint. do not rest until justice is served. this is not what america stands for. in the end they will be judged by a higher person. he will show no mercy. as i said they are just down right thieves!!!

Markdelrayhotmail May 15, 2010

They ripped my mother off as well! They tryed keeping her 2007 s550 Benz! They put 7000 miles on it demanded $10, 000 . Stole my laptop and jewerly out the car! Threw away the plate to the plate to the car. We tryed suing them their address is a p.o box in Canada . Their the most shadiest ppl one can meet! The attorney general should shut these ppl down! They took the car with false paper work hid the car and demanded $10, 000 dollars!they need to be shut down!

• Lv
    lvrepoman Jul 05, 2010

Interested as a licensed repossessor in Nevada, when you payed the fees where were you cars located? Reason I ask is I have a client which used speedy repo/icu inc./repo-world one of there many bogus names and now they sent him a bill for $1800.00 after he gave them the location of the car. These people are not licensed in Nevada thats for sure. They sent him a condition report for unit that was signed by someone named Mel Thomas. If anybody has any info to where they picked up there cars after paying the ransom I would be greatful. You can email me at [email protected]

• Li
    live case Jan 25, 2011

the company is based out of ohio none of the other bogus cities mentioned they are a scam and have made a obscene amount of money for little to no work BEWARE of them. Anyone of the people that have said its a good company works there!!!

• Sc
    SCAS2011 Jun 30, 2011

THIS COMPANY HERE ICU. INC (FROM BRITTISH COLOMBIA GOES MY THE NAME OF NATIONWIDE-REPO, SPEEDY-REPO.
    these so called repo company is charging $1890.00
    the do not discuss this with you. they will automatically charge this amount because you allow them to do this with holdharmless.
    they turn rude and nasty afterwards. they want you to wire transfer money. your are suppose to trust this company after they chargeyou 60 to 70 % of your collaterals worth.

• De
    devonk3111 Oct 23, 2011

I want to get my cars back is their any way to fight this or do you have to pay them

ICU Supporter Jun 27, 2017

@devonk3111 If you pay you will get your car back 100%

• Cl
    claude2000 Jan 16, 2012

does anyone got their car back after paying?

ICU Supporter Jun 27, 2017

@claude2000 Everybody that pays thier bill always gets thier car back

• Na
    nate86davis Apr 01, 2012

I called today actaully to let them know I have a repo. Well the guy on the phone started to call me a snitch and that I need to man up kept saying no one likes a snitch that i'm a man and need to take care of it myself. Then hung up on me. So I called back think they have caller ID because first thing he said No one likes a snitch you need to be a man then hung up. If thats the owner I do not see how with that customer service you stay in business. I don't know what kind of business they are running. But I will never use this company nor will I refer anyone to them.

• Ru
    Ruffled Jun 02, 2015

I completely agree on the bad comments. We were shocked to see the large invoice which totaled $2, 081.72. ($350-towing, $90-lockout fee & $1, 641.72-contingent fee). When I called to inquire on this outrageous amount, I was told that that was $12% of the collateral value. I did not have much of an argument considering it was in black & white on the Authorization to Repossess & Hold Harmless (oversite on our part). However, when we called & spoke with someone before we assigned the collateral, we were verbally only quoted the $350. I did ask for documents on how they came up withe collateral value & was given different figures from ICU than Speedy-Repo (neither appeared accurate). The worst part is how both of the employees spoke to me. I was simply asking for clarification & he was yelling at the top of his lungs. Then he starting threatening "are you gonna wire the money or do you just want us to put a lien on the vehicle so that you can't get it back?" I have NEVER dealt with someone so rude & irate. This company needs some major customer service training! We will NEVER use them again.

• Mj
    MJS22 Aug 10, 2016

I.C.U. Inc is the most unprofessional and despicable companies I have ever encountered. I faxed in the necessary documentation as proof of vehicle ownership and never heard back from anyone as to whether or not they received my documents and would assist in the repossession. One gentleman told me that they were received and that I should have received a call from the Dispatcher already. I did not receive a call from Dispatch, so I called back the number posted online and was then told that my documents were mis-placed and requested that I fax them again. I re-sent the documents and did not hear back from anyone. Therefore, I called back and the gentleman yelled at me stating that Ann, the Dispatcher has called me and that I need to "pick up my phone". I checked missed calls and voicemails and there were no missed calls, nor voicemail messages left. I politely asked if I could have the number to call them back and he yelled at me again, stating that I need to stop calling the sales line and "answer my damn phone". Then he proceeded to hang up on me!?!?! I was absolutely dumbfounded.

• La
    Law22 Oct 02, 2017

This is not a business. It is some low life organized crime. It's a matter of time but someone will take them down. Maybe me. Watch yourself Speedy! I see you.

• La
    Law22 Oct 02, 2017

@Law22 I can share with all of the victims here that this is not a business. Most likely just 1 person hiding behind an 800 number. It is a bait and switch. He hires a third party to pick up the vehicle that you give him permission to hold in the contract/hold harmless. The usual procedure is to then hold it ransom for unreasonable amounts of money that nobody would or should agree had they been aware up front. Seeking any helpful information. Please share. We are working on building a case to put a stop to him immediately.

kimkeller Feb 06, 2018

@Law22 help we are dealing with them now -

kingofcarstx Oct 26, 2018

We just became victims of Jay Carter and ICU Inc. We are the lien holders of a vehicle we are financing and our customer requested us to pick up the vehicle because he could no longer afford it. We did a google search for a nearby company to tow the vehicle for us and we came across US Repo (I guess this is their new name). We called and let them know we needed them to pick up a vehicle for us and gave them the address and then told them we would arrange a transport company to pick it up from them and deliver to us. They told us over the phone it would be a total of $350 so we authorized them to pick up the vehicle. They made us sign a Hold Harmless as usual but in fine print it says "I understand I will be charged ten to twenty five percent of collateral value as a contingent fee". Of course, we over-looked this verbiage as we were not thinking we were about to get scammed. The next day, Jay Carter emails us an invoice for about $1, 600! We called and asked why was the invoice so high if they quoted us $350 and they simply stated they charge a contingency fee and it was listed on the Hold Harmless that we signed and we needed to pay it. I was extremely mad because I knew I just got scammed but I agreed to pay them. We asked them the address of the location of the vehicle and they refused to give it to us until we paid so that was another red flag. Then they wanted a wire transfer and after I received the wiring instructions, I noticed the bank was out of Ohio and the company's office was out of British Columbia! I immediately got a terrible feeling and that is when I did a google search and found out how Jay Carter is all over the internet and well known for scamming people out of thousands of dollars as I read all these negative reviews. After reading everyone's reviews, I realized US Repo and ICU Inc. did not have my vehicle. Instead, they contract out someone local to tow it and impound it. So I knew if I could locate which impound had my vehicle, they would be legally responsible to release the vehicle to me without having to pay Jay a dime. Luckily, I was able to locate the vehicle at an impound and I paid them $369.25 for the tow and impound fee and had the vehicle transported back to our dealership. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH JAY CARTER, US REPO, ICU INC, SPEEDY-REPO, ETC.! Looks like they have been doing this for a long time so I am not sure how he is able to get away with it for so long! He caused me extreme stress for two days!

• Kr
    kris k Oct 31, 2018

@kingofcarstx I am currently using them, very concerned about them picking up my car and keeping it. how did you find out what tow company had picked it up?

kingofcarstx Oct 31, 2018

@kris k Luckily for us we had a GPS device installed on the vehicle so we were able to locate exactly where it was at. If you don’t have a GPS device on the vehicle, I would recommend calling the local police department as they have access to look up if your vehicle has been impounded and could give you the name and location of the impound.