Spar grocery shopvery rude and verbal shop owner

R Review updated:

I visited a branch in Whitechurch estate, Ballyboden, Dublin, ireland on Wednesday morning about 10.30am. I put a wet nappy wrapped in a nappy bag in the public bin and proceeded to the post office within the shop then on to purchase something for my toddler at the till. I was confronted by who i am to believe was the owner who threw the nappy down at my feet on front of other customers, i then proceeded to the shop door and said person came straight out and started using a load of fowl verbal language you wouldnt use on a dog, alot of customers were stopped and looking at all this. I did not stoop to his level. He humiliated me in front of the public but most of all my family, he made me feel like a criminal and looked like he was going to get physical. He went over and took my car reg and said he was calling the guards so he has already made this a federal matter. Is this how spar treat their customers? Is the customers always wrong?

Noel White May 05, 2011

My name is Noel White, I live at 39 homelawn gardens, tallaght, dublin 24. I have been travelling from tallaght to brackenstown road, swords for your brand of spicy peanuts party pack as they're not available in spar in tallaght village. I wish to suggest that you would stock them in spar, tallaght village, which is my nearest outlet. I do not recieve any compensation for my journey and have to purchase 5+ bags of these nuts to take to tallaght as a supply for one week as i do enjoy them if i am having a beer during the week and if i do not have them the beer just does not taste the same. I would like to know if it would be possible to purchase these nuts at my local store as i can no longer afford the petrol to travel.
    with many thanks,
    Noel White.

• Co
    courtney tallaght Jan 23, 2018

agree with ya totally they are terrible

• Lw
    Lwagner Aug 15, 2018

I went to spar at lakeside in richards bay today and bought a round chocolate cake slice with fresh cream and strawberry jam. Firstly it was not fresh at all and hard as a rock. When i took my second bite to my surprise there is mold. Im disgusted by this and i feel sick. This is unacceptable. They should not be selling old baked goods to people.

• Ni
    Nicolas Hepworth Aug 16, 2018

Just bought potatoes from store in slieghts whitby at about 6 .45 cost£ 1.25 to find out of date and rotten.

• He
    Heidi Bennett Aug 21, 2018

I used to smoke Marlboro Gold then suddenly it changed to Gold beyond which is not the same taste at all. I have had about a packet of cigarettes that the filter part is not stuck. It just falls off. Paying almost R40.00 a packet I expected much better.

Manjusanti Aug 21, 2018

I have brought horse gram from the hyper market in vadapalani chennai it's bar code is805198 batch no is 04122017 packed date is 4/12/17 and exp st is 4/4/18 when I opens the product I was shocked to see insects inside which I brought from a reputed store like yours

Samantha Rheeder Sep 05, 2018

I found this black brown hard thing in our flour, I would just like to inform you about it because it isn't the first time it happend. You can contact me through [email protected] if you would like to know more. Please find attached the photos. Kind regards
    Samantha

• Co
    consul Oct 31, 2018

My husband went to our local spar in belhar to purchase the advertised 7kg potatoes like we normally do if its on promotion. For the actual first time since we're shopping there im disgusted with the quality of their potatoes. Totally rotten. What were you guys thinking? Come on man, this is not the standards I got used to at your store.

• Ha
    Hasain Oct 31, 2018

Repeat invoice of single item is being made at Spar mangalore forum mall shop and customer looted at the hands of cashier
    Sunsilk shampoo charged twice and head and shoulders shampoo over charged fraudulently at cash courier.they are habitual offender.

• Mr
    Mr williamson Nov 04, 2018

Hi i was smoking one of your cigaretts when i discoverd a funny taste to then find a feather in my çigarette iv been a l&b smoker for many years i thought more of your product.