Southeast Toyota Financeworst customer service - - ever!!!

Don't buy a toyota through southeast toyota finance. This is the first online review I do on anything, yet use the internet for many, many things in my life. The reason I am so upset is that my elder family member purchased a toyota from lehman toyota in north miami, fl and decided to finance it. We want to payoff the car, so I have been online at setf.com's website, calling, and emailing and I have yet to get a response from a human!!! I do it online, but then get a file which I cannot open. Now I have downloaded and opened thousands of files via email, online, etc. Yet this one I can't open and I can't talk to anyone!!! At setf.com about it because they don't care-they don't want to talk to the customer. This is the most incredible, worst, confusing, spinning, dead-end business I have ever witnessed!!! I have sent emails asking for help via their website; asking for a human to call me or email me back — nothing back — no response! Then I call their 800 number and for anything you respond to, they have an app for that! They switch you to a looooong recorded message of what you need to do, but again, no human intervention! The answer from me is don't buy a toyota!!! Stay away from toyota... There is no customer service once they sell you the car!!! We have also been waiting for over two months for a refund of excess insurance that lehman toyota oversold — $3, 500 worth which we cancelled just six days after this purchase and after over two months of waiting for the credit to appear an setf.com — nothing!!! This is a scam, a racket, and shameful that they have so little regard for the people that buy their cars. The sale does not end at the dealer. The sales experience continues until that owner no longer has that toyota — it continues when the buyer is still making payments on the car. Setf.com southeast toyota finance apparently does not know that. This must be a separate company because I can't believe that the toyota I knew would do these things, but I am living it!!! I am so upset with this endless loop on their telephone system and their non-responsive website... That I willl never buy a toyota product!!!

RESOLVED

• Southeast Toyota Finance's response · Oct 04, 2012

I am sorry to hear about the experience you had. I would be happy to review your account and go over any questions or concerns that you may have. Please give me a call at your convenience.

M.Davis
    [protected]

• Southeast Toyota Finance's response · Mar 04, 2015

I am sorry to hear about this incident. Please contact me at [protected] x 5171 I would like to get your feedback regarding your experience with the web-site.

• Southeast Toyota Finance's response · Mar 31, 2015

I am sorry to hear about the experience you had. I would be happy to review your account and go over any questions you may have regarding your payments/due date. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience.
    [protected] ext. 1205171

• Southeast Toyota Finance's response · Jun 02, 2015

I am sorry to hear about the experience you had. Please contact me at your earliest convenience and I would be happy to review your account.

[protected] ext. 1205171

• Southeast Toyota Finance's response · Apr 19, 2016

I would be happy to go over any questions or concerns that you may have regarding your account. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience.
    [protected] ext. 1204343

• Se
    SETFCustomerExperience Apr 29, 2011

I'm sorry to hear about your trouble. I work for Southeast Toyota Finance and would be happy to assist.

From your comments, I can't tell what the issue is with your payoff quote. However, what you describe often is related to the Adobe Reader add on that is used to display the document. If you do not have that add on, or have an old version, it might help to download the latest version.

Another tip that you may find useful is that option "8" on many of our VRU menus is for a customer service representitive.

Please feel free to call me at [protected], enter your account number, and opt out to a representative. They will be able to directly transfer you to my extension. Or, I can be reached directly at [protected].

Terry Kaufman - Director, Southeast Toyota Finance

noelvis Jun 09, 2012

hi this is Noelvis Morejon, i just want to let you know that i can't to make my payment, i always do that in time and that is due on june 10 y tryed many time and called many times [protected] but that one wasn't able, i listened a message that the website andphone line isn't able, it will be able june11, so i think if the website and the line phone isn't able for to make a payment i will make a payment on monday but i don, t want to paid a late fee for something that isn't my responsability, please let me know, but i, m very upset

• Ab
    A bill payer Oct 02, 2012

I have experienced physical illnesses but have always managed to pay SETF maybe not on time, but never the less they have been paid every month since purchasing my 2010 Camry. They have been extremely rude and have the worst customer service I have ever experienced. They will not accept my debit/credit card online now. It will not accept my payment, however, I mail my check and it takes 10-15 days for my check to clear, and by that time I am struggling for this payment to clear. I will never finance another vehicle through SETF. I will never buy another Toyota product due to their rudeness and the worst customer service! I am in a public relations role, and we have always been taught proper customer service. I suggest SETF take a customer service course before they work themselves out of a job!

• Cu
    Cubanera Dec 16, 2014

I have had a very bad experience with the customer service from this bank. I tried to change my due for the 15th of every month instead of the 1rst of every month, with no luck at ALL!!! this is very frustrating and I think they put me in a "black list" because the attitude and the lack of understanding is huge!! I'm so upset that I'm no longer answer with courtesy, since they haven't resolve the situation that I requested on august the 8th. they keep bouncing me from one agent to another and they keep saying that I have to have the account update it; if I'm requesting a change of due date and I pay for it, it's because I can't make the payment on the 1rst. the only thing i know is that i wont lease another Toyota (and we have 3 Toyota leased) if this people continues to finance them.

• Da
    dadou Mar 03, 2015

I can't believe that, I am trying to make a payment yesterday on their website, every time i put my card number it won't take it I called customer service I wait for about 1 hour to speak to an agent Iexplained to her my problem and asked her if can make a payment over the phone she said I have to pay $ 15 fee this is horrible, and I asked her to help me do it while she's on the phone, I login to the website did everything she told me to do, the same thing won't take my card I put my personal check number the same thing. she said this is a problem with my bank account I called the bank they said everything is perfect no problem in my account, it's true cause I pay other bills in the same account I never have problems before, it's because SETF is not a good company they don't have costumer service at all, finally my bank help me to pay it I went to pay mybill and I put SETF account # I checked my account this morning they don't take the money so This is your Problem SETF not Mine the due date is the March 07 2015 and I paid before time the March 02, 2015 in my bank account if you don't take the money once again tthat's your problem not mine I'll not pay late fee. Horrible service I'll never buy a car from This Company and I'll let my bank in charge of it till I finish to pay it.

• Bo
    bob001 Mar 25, 2015

i have the all month faxing and calling and they seems to not notice that i pay already seems the 9 of the month all the systems for payment are out of order and don't talk to each ether so is impossible to pay you guys ! even if i pay they don't even get to know it, and are changing my due date any time i pay and getting me on due even when i pay 1 week early. i talk we a customer services and she told ever things was ok and them nothing i see my statement and says i have to pay double next month what happen with you people? i have never have a late before. :( terrible experience

• FCWright May 31, 2015

My ex boyfriend and I leased a 2012 Corolla in Savannah, GA in July of 2012- initially with absolutely no problems. Now, three years later and one month remaining before the end of the lease, were looking into leasing two separate cars individually. Allow me to mention that in the three years we've had the car, NOT one SINGLE payment was late. In other words, my credit should've benefited substantially. Unfortunately however, the finance manager that entered my information three years ago incorrectly inputted my ssn (lets say it's 3201, they entered 2310) thus leaving me SOL in terms of getting a new car on my own. Though the new finance manager and an awesome salesman are working hard to get me approved, given my loyalty, it's still a MAJOR inconvenience that I didn't bring upon myself at all. I simply trusted the gentleman to know how to properly enter data. Granted, occur- we're all human. However, having spent YEARS doing everything required to ensure that my credit grew, I'm furious with the outcome. I still have yet to see what will be done to resolve this matter.

• Da
    dark phoenix Apr 07, 2016

How is this company even still in business with all the complaints they have, well all I'm going to say is that I will never ever do business with this company again, I love the Toyota brand and will always buy one just not with setf. I hope with all the bad complaints that it will open their eyes and make them want to treat their customers better or that no one will purchase from this bank ever again.