Southeast Toyota Financelate payments on credit report

D

I purchased a 2015 Camry in Jan 2015. Very happy with my car. Later on in 2015, around August. I had a change in income.. For a month and a half. So I was short on my payment. So instead of paying the full amount I paid $500. Leaving me a balance of $93. Including the late fee. I had reached out to Setf before I was even late. Just to make them aware of the situation I saw coming. No help there. Just told me to pay before 30 days. Well, I didn't pay the full amount.. So just recently in May 2016. Didn't really have any reason to check my credit. I did so because I had obtained some credit and wanted to see if they were reporting yet. I opened my account for my auto loan, and discovered that toyota had been reporting me late for 9 months for the $93. Even though I was still making my monthly payments on times. My account was in good standing with them until that one month. I take accountability on the partial payment. But why report me being late every month when I was making my payments. So my credit score has taken a big hit. I was preparing myself to upgrade to a newer Camry. But now this has happened. I've reached out to CS. No help there. I would have expected this from some buy here pay here places. But I'm shocked from what should be such a reputable company. This definitely will make a big decision on ever doing business with Setf/ world Omni financial in the future.

RESOLVED

• Southeast Toyota Finance's response · Nov 15, 2016

I am sorry to hear about the experience you had. Please understand due to the nature of our business we have an obligation to the major credit reporting agencies to report accurately. If you would like me to review your account, please contact me at [protected] ext 1757820. J. Murray, SETF

• Southeast Toyota Finance's response · Sep 12, 2016

I am sorry to hear about the experience you had. Please contact me at your earliest convenience and I would be happy to review your account.

Southeast Toyota Finance
    [protected] ext. 1204343

• Ye
    Yellow#5 Nov 10, 2016

I'll even add more to that. I actually wasn't late. I made two payments and was told that my next payment wouldn't be due for the next month but the month after that: WRONG...I started getting calls toward the end of the next month that I missed my payment and I told them that I had made two payments and she said I had only made one. The problem was with my auto draft. The auto draft was running smooth but it didn't take the payment for one month. I got a call at the first of the next month saying that I had missed last months payment and owed the current one so I paid both on the spot but they still reported it and IT IS CAUSING ME SO MUCH PERSONAL GRIEF. It hurts when you're dating someone for a long time, start to talk about marriage, credit comes up and you sit down to pull it and you find that you've been hit with this and your score is screwed and now your personal life is as well. It was paid, I bought the car, do unto others as you would want them to do to you, help each other, do what's right and take it off my credit. If they would've, I wouldn't feel like I do now and feel like I'm going to lose the love of my life just because the auto draft didn't draft. The money was there, the payment was made...

• Ye
    Yellow#5 Nov 10, 2016

I've been in the same situation with them before. What's even more frustrating is you can speak with one agent that will tell you all is ok with your account and isn't being reported and another agent will tell you the opposite. You ask to speak to a Supervisor and they tell you they will call you back and you never hear from them. I purchased my car at lease end and asked them to remove the mark on my credit since I bought the car and they still wouldn't remove it. Never use SETF!!'