Sonobello Murray Utahprocedure gone bad

T Review updated:

Aug 24, 2011 – Jun 7, 2011. by by visions at Citysearch. 1 Year out Sono Bello - Murray. So it's been a year since I had my procedure ! @ 6 months office followup. I was very happy but I still had a lot of swelling I figured going through winter and see how it goes another 6 months go by I start feeling like could wear shorts swimsuits and other attire that showed my body from chest to knee these were my problem areas. I look in the mirror in my tiny little pokka - dot bikini .. LOL ! ... all I see is lumpy & bumpy legs and my husband says what is that fat thing below you right breast? it looks like a flab of fat you need to go get looked at your body looks like they dug out fat not sculpted. so I called they made me wait 2 weeks to be seen this gave me time to get other opinions I went to several board certified surgeons they had the same reaction as my husband finally went so then I posted my experience on City Search because I was so upset for them making me wait 2 wks I received a call the day be for asking if I was coming in still I said of course why the office manager Heather called me personally she said because of the post I put on this site! I said that I was upset that they couldn't get me in sooner so she said come in we would talk. I went in june15 2011 to Sono bello they said that this can be normal to be lumpy and bumpy! I was not happy with that! asked what they would do? the doctor David Williams MD (aka ER doctor )He was rude he said I was hopeless he wouldn't touch me again! he said I was holding him hostage because I put this post on this site! then he walked out on me in room standing naked I asked to speak with office manager Heather she said that she was sorry that David doesn't have very good bedside manner and he is not going to be working there anymore! she said that she could see if another doctor could fix the lumps and bumps. she asked if I would show her problem areas in her office I removed my clothing she said she could see what I was talking about! I thought she sounded genuine when she said she would talk to corporate to see what could be done! Then she asked if I would remove my post on city search? I said sure because I thought she was going to take care of me! Then she asked what would make me happy I said That I'm not sure if I could get this procedure done again ! ( I was very Scared)I never said I wanted refund I was hoping they would maybe offer compensation out of good faith. she asked me so I left she said she would get back tome in a week or so so I wait 2 weeks go by I call her left message no call back then I just kept calling left messages. sometimes I would get ahold of heather she always said that corporate was busy because the were opening new clinic but she would get back to me! I'm still waiting.. in the mean while I have over $4000 dollars done to repair this mess!
I felt I needed to repost my review to all to educate that all lipolaser procedures don't result in a happy ending.
Dr Robert Rodriguez board certified plastic surgeon has done a amazing job and my recovery minimal going to mexico in 2 weeks will be wearing bikini only after couple months of his procedure! wow thats what makes me happy! All sono bello had to do is call me back make an effort to get me to new doctor Pay for redo! Just do what they could to make me happy and give me what I payed for! now the only thing they can do is help me pay for the extra cost I occurred when they could of done it them self!

• Dk
    dkmgaustin May 17, 2012

I have a similar issue. I was told last May that I would be an Ideal candidate for this procedure as I was small to begin with. REALLY! I am 43 and my legs look like that of my 86 yr old grandmother! I am devastated at that and the fact that my abs look like a leftover bowl of lumpy oatmeaL!
    I was at the Sonobello in Austin today and greeted by a young Dr. He explained to me that the elasticity of the skin was not guaranteed. DUH! I'm not a [censored], please do not speak to me like I am 3! I was so pissed. AT anyrate, he agreed that a revision needed to be done to my abs, but as for my legs, I was screwed. REALLY! I am still paying for this $6700 disaster that I was told was IDEAL by KELLY the host of the whole shennanigan! What a crock! I am receiving Vela free of charge right now for the legs. Not permanent, but I am NOT spending anymore money there. I am trying to sike myself up for the ab revision. I would rather choke on broken glass than wear that damn garment again! Ugh!!! There should be some justice here.

• Sh
    Shanny801 Jun 05, 2013

It has now been a year since my procedure. I did the laser lipo on my lower and upper abs as well as my sides love handles and back fat. Intentionally I did not want to do all of those areas. The consultant Amy made me feel like I needed to. The staff kind of makes you feel like a number get you in and out and on to the next one. When I went in for my 3 month post op they told me the swelling was still subsiding and I will see my final results in another 3 months. I paid $4, 500 for them to remove "some" fat. When I came for my 6 month post op I was down 30lbs from my initial weight not 1 lb from the procedure it actually makes you gain weight. I expressed my concerns about how much fat was left still and all they had to say was it looks better then it did. Regular liposuction is $1, 300 + anesthesia for the entire mid section not lower upper abs etc and All the fat is removed. I have done both and liposuction is definitely the better and cheaper option. Sonobello is definitely not all is cracked up to be and the staff are complete snobs.

• Th
    Theresa P. Jul 28, 2013

I agree with the above posts. It has been 3 yrs since my liposuction was done and my body is horribly disfigured with tons of cellulite that I didnt have in the first place! They told me I had fat knees-which i didnt know was possible and sucked whatever out of them and ever since am having excrutiating knee pain that i am currently looking to see if I need both my knees replaced and I am only 39! They took away my quality of life forever!!! I have never recommended this place, and in fact, have told everyone I know to NEVER go to Sono Bello. I was also told that everywhere they worked on would never get fat in it again and I gained weight after the procedure and have never been able to lose it in those areas no matter how hard I have tried. And the summer i got it done I was in pain for months and months and they told me I would be fine in 3 days. What a joke this company is!!! I paid upwards of $8000 for this company to ruin my life and my self esteem forever. I should have been happy with what the good lord gave me. I hope this stops at least 1 person from doing and going through what I did.

Marchelle Sadler-Dumas Aug 04, 2020

I started to get service from them and they will tell you to look up these reviews on their website of all great results but I choose to look elsewhere and sure enough I got to hear what I believe to be the truth. All that everyone has said is what they told me also a bunch of smoke dreams and falsehoods. My procedure was going to cost me 10, 000.00 . I got approved for it and then I read where if you put a down payment you can’t get it back, lots of horrible stories about that. So I dropped those guys and keep putting folks on notice about these butchers. I can’t imagine what some people would like to do to them and I feel that more should be done to protect the consumer. Yes I am angry, it could have been me to but I care for those who have suffered due to this company, physically and financially. When will something get done about? Keep the warning loud and clear.