Having problems with SoClean?

SoClean reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 1, 2017. The latest review So Clean front latch broken and will not stay closed was posted on Oct 14, 2021. The latest complaint Soclean 2 CPAP Sanitizer was resolved on Aug 26, 2021. SoClean has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 32 reviews. SoClean has resolved 12 complaints.

SoClean Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 747 1030 (Risk-Free)
+1 866 501 3705 (Support & Corporate)
+1 508 363 0415 (International)
36 Town Forest Road
Oxford, New Hampshire

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with SoClean Customer Service. Initial SoClean complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for SoClean above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about SoClean. Discuss the issues you have had with SoClean and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

SoClean Complaints & Reviews

SoCleanSo Clean front latch broken and will not stay closed

The latch that secures the lid on my SoClean CPAP cleaner broke. The lid will no longer stay closed to sanitize. I spent a lot of money on your product and can not believe that it is so cheaply made that it would break with normal use. I am requesting that you either replace or repair my machine. Is makes absolutely no sense that this product is made with a cheap plastic latch.

Eric Huff

1 Response
    • Mr
      Mr. Helpful Oct 14, 2021

Would gladly like to assist you.

SoClean 3 comes with a two (2) year limited warranty based upon defects in parts or workmanship.

You can get further information and support at SoClean.com.

SoCleanSoClean

I too, as many others I've just seen, am experiencing the same broken lid latch problem with my SoClean machine. The latch just broke 2 days ago, 10/13/2021. I now have to place something heavy enough on the lid to keep it closed so it will complete the cleaning cycle properly. I can't find my documentation that shows when I purchased the machine but I'm hoping that can be determined by the serial number.
    I have enclosed 2 pictures. One is the broken latch piece and the other is the information on the bottom of my machine.
    Robert D. Taylor Sr.

SoClean
    SoClean

SoCleanBroken latch

The latch that secures the lid on my SoClean CPAP cleaner broke. The lid will no longer stay closed to sanitize. It only works if I place a stack of heavy books on the lid to keep it closed during the entire cleaning cycle. I spent a lot of money on your product and can not believe that it is so cheaply made that it would break with normal use. I am requesting that you either replace or repair my machine. Thank you in advance!

Broken latch

SoCleanService

At about 11:00 am Eastern Daylight Saving Time October 8, 2021 I called the customer service number and was told I was 179th in line and that in an hour & half I would receive a call back. I had also agreed to answer questions concerning the expected service call. At 4:00 pm I received an automated call regarding the service call - a call that never came!

Until this morning I have been completely satisfied with my SoClean 2. Unfortunately this morning I was unable to close the lid of the unit and called to learn if there was a solution to this problem which prevented the unit from operating. I waited all day to speak to a representative and was finally called 5 hours later and asked to answer questions about a call that never came.

I must note that while waiting I took adhesive box tape to close the top and thus complete the operating circuit. And it worked! Now I have to decide to whether spend $348 for new unit or continue using tape to circumvent the problem with the unit/top.

SoCleanSoClean 3 locked/nonfunctional

I purchased so clean 3 approximately a week ago. It ran 2 cycles and then the red triangle appeared and the machine became dysfunctional. I have called customer service twice. I have been placed in que for a 90 minute recall twice. They require calling customer service to clear this error. Customer service is not available in a timely manner. I have been a user of so clean now for 5 years, however this new machine is an over engineered poorly supported device. I recommend that you avoid so clean when seeking CPAP sterilization processes. I am an internal medicine pulmonologist and I cannot see fit to recommend so clean in the future.

SoCleanDefective lid

My husband has been using the so clean every night and hasn't moved the device from the original location. The lid is defective and will not seal. I've seen many complaints regarding this issue and need a replacement device as we are within the manufacturer warranty and also have an extended warranty. I'm am especially concerned due to the class action lawsuit.

Dear Sir or Madam,

We're sorry to hear about your experience with the lid latch. We see that you have already spoken with our customer care team and have been issued a warranty replacement.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact Customer Care (contact information available here: https://www.soclean.com/soclean2/support/soclean-support/soclean-2-support). They are available from 8:30am to 9:00pm ET, Monday through Friday.

SoCleanSoclean 2 lid latch problem

Hello,

I have a problem with my So Clean2 which I bought on August 6, 2020. You will also find the invoice in PJ.

See in the photo: the lid latch for closing the lid broke yesterday. I know this is a manufacturing defect because the plastic is crumbling. I know there have been a lot of users with the same problem.

I have been using the machine since August 2020 in a normal way. The machine has never been moved and no one other than me has used it.

Please let me know what you can do to correct this problem.

The serial number is : SC120019050700874

Soclean 2 lid latch problem
              Soclean 2 lid latch problem

Good day, Jean,

We're sorry to hear about your recent experience with the SoClean 2. Based on your serial number, you are in warranty; as such, we'd recommend contacting our customer care team (contact information available here: https://www.soclean.com/soclean2/support/soclean-support/soclean-2-support) to get a replacement unit.

• Updated by Jean Polloni · Oct 02, 2021

Hi Dean,

I already sent them 2 emails prior to the post. I just did it again 5 minutes ago.

I'm sure they will respond to me.

I'll let you know.

• Updated by Jean Polloni · Oct 07, 2021

Sorry, but still no news... After 3 e-mails...

SoCleanSoClean2

I brought my original machine on Feb.25, 2020. I have already returned it once because the little plastic latch that holds the lid down broke. I received a new machine and now months later the same little plastic piece is broke again. And before you ask, Yes, I was very careful in the way I closed the lid. I received an email yesterday from SoClean advertising a new, improve machine, SoClean 3. I see that you have changed the way the lid closes.

The second machine did not last as long as the first one. I feel the lid design is flaw. I see that many consumers have complained. I am asking for another machine since I am still within the 2 years warranty of the first machine and definitely the second. Or if possible, I would like to upgrade to SoClean 3 and pay the difference in the price. Please let me know what can be done.

Mary Burkett

Good day, Mary,

We're sorry to hear about your experience with the lid latch, and (as you noted) have improved the lid latch on the new SoClean 3. We see that you have already spoken with our customer care team and have been issued a warranty replacement.

SoCleanSo Clean

After inserting my mask in the So Clean machine and it runs through the cycles and I remove the mask there is residue and particles in the mask that were not there when inserted. This has happened over the last 5 uses of the machine. I went back to where I know they have So Clean machines and they stated they quit carrying them because of issues to the CPAP machine.
                  The particles are a red/rust color. I have changed my filter twice and the hose on the mask. I get nothing in the mask when I do not use the So Clean just the CPAP usage.
                  What is it and how is it fixed?

Good day, Robert,

We'll be sending you a message to address your concerns, as we need some more information in order to assist.

SoCleanLid latches - humidifier chamber for airsense 10

As with many complaints I see in here my latches keep braking too!

I currently have 2 with broken latches.

In the past I just threw them away and bought more but this is ridiculous!!!

Has anyone notified your design team? Done root cause analysis and corrective action? This is epidemic!

These cost me $20 to $30 every time I have to replace them!

Let me know asap what you will do.

Thanks.

Lid latches - humidifier chamber for airsense 10

SoCleanSoclean 2 CPAP Sanitizer

The lid latch on my SoClean 2 CPAP sanitizer broke off at the thinnest region. This is the second SoClean 2 sanitizer that I have had that experienced the same failure. After the first one failed I contacted SOCLEAN and was told that the only remedy was to purchase a new replacement system, which I did.
                      Now that the second device has failed, I think it is time for SOCLEAN to correct the problem. Please redesign with a more rugged lid latch and perform a recall on all devices in use. As an alternative, redesign the latch and provide users with a replacement kit or replacement lid.

• SoClean's response · Aug 27, 2021

Good day, John,

Because the SoClean 2 is classified as a medical device, it is not possible for us to provide customers with individual parts for replacement. The decision to not sell replacement parts is based on laws and regulations put in place by the FDA. We replace the entire unit if it is damaged or malfunctioning. This replacement is free if you are within your 2-year warranty; out of warranty, there is a discounted replacement cost of $149 plus tax.

Any replacement unit you might receive would be more recently manufactured than your previous unit, and therefore less prone to breaking. It would also come with a new two-year warranty, and it would be eligible for our warranty extensions.

As this seems to be a recurring problem, you may want to look at what type of hose are you using - could it be too wide for the opening? The SoClean is designed to accommodate hoses between 15-19mm in diameter. Please bear in mind that the SoClean is built to shut without much effort; if you find yourself needing to force the lid shut, please discontinue using the SoClean and contact our Customer Care team.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact Customer Care (contact information available here: https://www.soclean.com/soclean2/support/soclean-support/soclean-2-support). They are available Monday through Friday, from 8:30 am to 6:30 pm ET (excluding holidays).

SoCleanSoClean2

I am sure you are well aware of the massive recall associated with the Phillips CPAP machines. This recall prompted me to research my CPAP which is a ResMed. First and foremost is the health concerns regarding foam degradation issues where particles from the polyester-based polyurethane sound abatement foam may cause respiratory and other health problems. The FDA has in response issued a warning to CPAP users and healthcare professionals not to use ozone gas or ultraviolet light cleaning products to disinfect or sanitize CPAP machines. I can only conclude that this warning leaves all CPAP machines vulnerable. I have a So Clean 2 machine which I have been using for quite some time. I believe I was misled by the representative upon purchasing. I was told it was FDA approved when in fact I recently looked at the insignia FDA on the box in which it was purchased and it is followed by the word REGISTERED in smaller print, not APPROVED as I was led to believe (SEE BELOW ATTACHMENT). To me that is a huge indicator of fraud aimed at consumer. I have emailed So Clean and have yet to receive a response if they are going to recall or refund the many consumers who trusted their product was safe.

SoClean2

• SoClean's response · Aug 23, 2021

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for reaching out to SoClean. Per ResMed CEO Mick Farrell, ResMed devices are safe to use and are not subject to Philips’ recall. ResMed devices use a different material than what Philips uses in their recalled machines. ResMed's full statement can be found here: https://www.resmed.com/en-us/other-manufacturer-recall-2021/ Please note that there is no recall on any SoClean or ResMed units.

On June 14, 2021, Philips issued a recall notification for many of its products within its Sleep & Respiratory Care portfolio, informing patients and customers of potential health risks related to the integrity of the sound abatement foam used in these products (specifically the Philips Bi-Level Positive Airway Pressure (Bi-Level PAP), Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) and mechanical ventilator devices).

The risks, as identified by Philips, include that the PE-PUR foam may degrade into particles that may enter the device’s air pathway and be ingested or inhaled by the user, and that the foam may off-gas certain chemicals. While it was suggested that the foam degradation may be exacerbated by the use of certain cleaning methods, such as the use of ozone, the majority of the products that are within the scope of the recall have not been exposed to an ozone cleaning device. Rather, the risk assessment for certain volatile organic compounds referenced by Philips exceeds safe exposure thresholds from the initial use of the device regardless of whether the use of external cleaning methods occurs. Philips has not established a definitive cause of the foam degradation in its products, but it has implied several possible factors that it believes may have contributed to the damage, including high heat and high humidity. The majority of the machines affected by this recall have no connection to an ozone-related cleaning device.

As the market leader in sleep equipment maintenance products, the health and safety of our patients is our number one priority, and the SoClean 2 is designed to minimize ozone exposure in accordance with stringent requirements. It is important to note that the SoClean 2 is registered with the FDA as a Class I medical device. Class I medical devices are not required to be FDA approved, but we continue to work cooperatively with the FDA to ensure full compliance with all applicable requirements.

Jul 28, 2021

SoClean — 2 CPAP cleaner

On May 1, 2020, I purchased a SoClean 2 Deluxe Kit from Apria Direct (Order #[protected]) for a total of...

SoCleanLatch on lid

Like 95% of your other listed customers' complaints, the lid latch on my SoClean broke. It would seem that the company would be interested in addressing the weakness of their design and keeping their clientele happy. Selling a new lid for example would be a perfect solution, but it seems the company uses a weak excuse, in order to sell a new unit, although they supposedly offer the replacement with a discount.

• SoClean's response · Jul 22, 2021

Good day, James,

Because the SoClean 2 is classified as a medical device, it is not possible for us to provide customers with individual parts for replacement. The decision to not sell replacement parts is based on laws and regulations put in place by the FDA. We replace the entire unit if it is damaged or malfunctioning. This replacement is free if you are within your 2-year warranty; out of warranty, there is a discounted replacement cost of $198 plus tax.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact Customer Care at [protected]. They are available Monday through Friday, from 8:30 am to 7:00 pm ET (excluding holidays).

SoCleanSo clean machine

I had a so clean machine that I sent in for repair after the lid latch broke. I received a replacement machine and now that lid latch also broke.
                            I have now replaced that machine as well. Can my second machine be repaired? I don't close the lid after sanitizing and removing to save it from breaking. What a poor design! The machine works otherwise and it is such a shame to have a machine depend on a small plastic latch to work correctly!

• SoClean's response · Jul 21, 2021

Good day,

Since the SoClean 2 is classified as a medical device, it is not possible for us to provide customers with individual parts to replace. Due to this, we have a replacement process that we follow for damaged and defective units, as you are aware.

As this seems to be a recurring problem, you may want to look at what type of hose are you using - could it be too wide for the opening? The SoClean is designed to accommodate hoses between 15-19mm in diameter. Please bear in mind that the SoClean is built to shut without much effort; if you find yourself needing to force the lid shut, please contact Customer Care at [protected]. They are available Monday through Friday, from 8:30 am to 7:00 pm EST (excluding holidays).

SoCleanBroken latch

The lid latch broke and now I am holding the lid closed with a large mug full of pennies. A really poor design. It is almost as if it were planned in order to sell new machines as a replacement!

No replacement lid is offered. I called and they only offered to sell me another machine with potentially the same poor lid latch design.

I need reassurance that the lid latch has been redesigned and will not break again. My current machine has not been abused as it sits in the same spot everyday and is used only as intended.

• SoClean's response · Jul 21, 2021

Good day, Richard,

We're sorry to hear about your recent trouble with your SoClean machine. Until we're able to resolve this issue with you, we would recommend that you discontinue the use of your SoClean as we cannot guarantee safe containment of the ozone in the chamber with the damaged lid. Please return to your original PAP set-up, hand washing your equipment as recommended by the PAP manufacturer.

Due to FDA regulations, the lid is one part that we are unable to repair or replace.

The SoClean is designed to accommodate hoses between 15-19mm in diameter. Please bear in mind that the SoClean is designed to be shut without much effort; if you ever find yourself needing to force the lid shut, please contact Customer Care at [protected]. They are available Monday through Friday, from 8:30 am to 7:00 pm ET (excluding holidays).

Any replacement unit you might purchase would be more recently manufactured than your previous unit, and therefore less prone to breaking. It would also come with a new two-year warranty, and it would be eligible for our warranty extensions.

SoCleanSoclean not fda approved

Philips recalled my CPAP machine, saying ozonators are probable cause of sound deadening foam decomposing and entering my respiratory system. On further research, I read the FDA doesn't approve this method of cleaning and warns of ozone being in my bedroom at unsafe levels and possibly in the tube after cleaning cycle. It was a duty to disclose the harmful effects of ozone in the bedroom and precautionary disclosures (and not in fine print).

• SoClean's response · Jul 02, 2021

Good Day Les,

On June 14, 2021, Philips issued a recall notification for many of its products within its Sleep & Respiratory Care portfolio, informing patients and customers of potential health risks related to the integrity of the sound abatement foam used in these products, specifically the Philips Bi-Level Positive Airway Pressure (Bi-Level PAP), Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) and mechanical ventilator devices. SoClean is committed to the health and safety of sleep equipment users, supports Philips in its recall efforts, and wishes to ensure that consumers have as much information on this important action as possible.

Despite the statement in Philips’ recall announcement, Philips has not yet established in its written communications a definitive cause of the damage to its sound abatement foam. While it was suggested the foam degradation may be exacerbated by using an ozone cleaner, the majority of the products that are being recalled have no connection to an ozone cleaning device. Rather, the risk assessment for certain volatile organic compounds referenced by Philips exceeds safe exposure thresholds from the initial use of the device regardless of whether the use of external cleaning methods occurs. Philips also notes that high heat and high humidity environments may contribute to foam degradation.

Again, this recall is a result of a problem with the sound abatement foam Philips chose to use in specifically identified products in their Sleep and Respiratory Care portfolio. Philips listed several potential factors that could have affected the foam, such as high heat, high humidity, and the use of ozone,   but a singular cause has not yet been determined. SoClean remains confident in its product and encourages users to continue the use of their SoClean machines with the appropriate sleep equipment. Philips users should resume use once Philips has resolved their foam issue. SoClean remains confident in its product and encourages users to continue the use of their SoClean machines with the appropriate sleep equipment. Philips users should resume use once Philips has resolved their foam issue.

As the market leader in sleep equipment maintenance products, SoClean welcomes the FDA’s efforts to ensure high standards of product safety and quality in our industry. As noted in the FDA’s alert, the agency reached out to the industry last year. SoClean has been working cooperatively with the FDA and is fully committed to operating in compliance with FDA’s requirements. Through these efforts, which include providing the FDA with extensive testing data, and meeting with agency representatives, the company will ensure its number one position in this category now, and set the standard for performance in the industry.

It is also important to note that the SoClean 2 is a Class I medical device, which means it is considered a low risk to the user by the FDA. Only Class II and Class III devices require FDA approval, while Class I devices are merely required to be registered with the FDA as is the case with the SoClean 2.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly at [protected] or [email protected]

• Updated by Les Kangas · Jul 07, 2021

These statements are well and good, but let’s go back to the facts: the FDA warns of using ozone machines to clean CPAP/BiPAP units and even having them in my bedroom.
                                    The Philips recall mentioned ozone as a possible cause and my doctor arranged for a replacement. The ResMed equivalent states their warranty is void if cleaning with ozone. You said something about equipment could be used with SoClean 2, so what brand, as the Philips and ResMed seem to dominate the market.

1 Response
                                  • Da
                                    Dana Alanis Jul 13, 2021

Then why did Resmed come out with a statement years ago that use of Ozone cleaning machines could void the warranty on their machines? Seems way too coincidental to me.

SoCleanSo clean machine

So clean machine has been working flawlessly since its purchase about two years ago. This morning the door latch won't engage to stay closed. What's the solution? Pls provide guidance/parts

The machine has been working flawlessly since purchase about 2 years ago. This morning the door latch won't engage to hold the door shut. Pls provide guidance/parts to fix the problem

Respond

SoCleanSoclean sanitizing machine lid latch

I have a so clean machine and so does my brother. We have both experienced the broken latch problem on the lid of the large white unit.

I called your helpline and they told me it would cost $200 to replace the unit, and out there was no repair part available.

Given the number of complaints this is obviously some type of design flaw and I think you guys should own up to this problem and design some kind of a workaround or fix other than taping at the machine closed. Perhaps a sleeve of some type that could fit over the broken latch and act as a point to glue on a replacement that could work.

In the meantime I have glued a small piece of plastic on the broken latch to see if this will hold it closed. It doesn't seem like it's going to last very long.

Soclean sanitizing machine lid latch
                                    Soclean sanitizing machine lid latch

• SoClean's response · Jun 04, 2021

Good Day Michael,

We're sorry to hear about your recent trouble with your SoClean machine. Unfortunately, because the SoClean is considered a medical device, we are unable to provide replacement parts such as the lid. In order to ensure proper function and ozone containment, units with damaged lids must be replaced. Every SoClean comes with a 2-year warranty which covers this type of replacement free of charge. Out of warranty, we offer a discounted replacement cost of $198 plus tax. (The SoClean is normally $348 when purchased new.)

We also offer payment plans which can help to spread the cost of the replacement machine, and the SoClean is HSA/FSA eligible.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience. If you'd like to discuss this further, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at [protected], or [email protected]

2 Responses

SoCleanDays after purchase - cannot reach anyone / no return information

SoClean says on their website that they have a 30 day refund guarantee. I have an unopened package and I can't reach anyone - via phone or email. I have a simple request - how do I return the item that I no longer want. (IT IS NOT FDA APPROVED AND THE TECHNOLOGY HAS BEEN LINKED TO CAUSING FURTHER ISSUES. NOT TO MENTION - IT BREAKS YOUR CPAP machine.) I don't want it. It is sitting in the original box, entirely unopened and I can reach anyone to return it. TERRIBLE SERVICE!!!

• SoClean's response · Apr 05, 2021

Good day Shelly,

We're very sorry to hear about this! We have been experiencing increased call volume recently which has unfortunately led to extended hold times. Our representatives work diligently to help each customer with the same level of care and attention to detail.

We have sent you a private message to obtain more information and process your return.

We appreciate your patience and look forward to speaking with you.