snagajobmixing profiles

My son filled out over 20 applications using snagajob. After 2mths. it came to his attention that they mixed my profile and his profile up in one on his applications. It was showing not only was he born in 1992 but that he graduated the same yr. Now he is being told he can not reapply to any of the companys again for at least 90 days. Any that sucks because students only have a limited amount of employers that will hire them. He already applied at ever fast food company in the area. Not to mention all the grocery stores. Thanks for listening, Missy

SAJJobSeekerSupport Sep 08, 2009

Hi 1973mom,

We're sorry your son had trouble applying for jobs on our site. Did you and your son use the same email address when creating your online profiles? If so, that may explain the problem he had with incorrect information in his profile. We recommend that every user of our site sign up with a unique email address. With shared emails, it is difficult for employers to decipher which job seeker they may be communicating with.

We want to help your son apply to the jobs he's interested in! Please ask him to contact us here: http://www.snagajob.com/about-us/contact.aspx. Or, if he already did that, he can call us between 8:30 and 5:30 EST at [protected] and one of our support specialists will walk him through the process.

SnagAJob.com

PS: charlie brown, SnagAJob.com is 100% free. Once you register and create a profile, you can search our more than 100, 000 hourly jobs by ZIP code and then apply.

• Bi
    billy pro Oct 08, 2009

Did anyone ever think about printing up a resume and actually walking into a business, asking ... Are you currently hiring?

• Me
    metvelle2 Oct 27, 2009

I was told by many people to use www.snagajob.com, and so I thought I'd try, I couldn't go 2 minutes without telling the site no I don't want to see this ad, or apply to the army it was fill out 1 page then 2 pages of ads., needless to say after filling only 3 applications out the first one said sorry an error occured try again later, the 2nd and 3rd ones were rejected because my years of experience in that area did not meet the employer qualifications, even though I did the same job as that for years, so all I got after nearly 2 hours was a migrane. I have exhausted trying to actually drive to places and ask if their hiring because everybody is either not, or they are doing it online now, so It's almost a waste of time to go place to place anymore

• Ro
    rosetejano Nov 19, 2010

This company is fake. there are no real jobs. They have all my information and i'm scared.

• 12
    123abc123 Mar 19, 2011

While looking at job on SnagaJob website, caused computer to crash & now can't access. Just what a person needs to assist in seeking job. Stay off this site

• De
    DEmory Apr 16, 2012

I decided to apply for a position listed on snag your info and was really but off by the fact I went through the process of what seemed like a job applicant but was really just for Snag a Job. Afterward it then said I had to go to the companies website to apply, so what was the point of filling out all that information? Since then I have gotten a daily email with nothing on it that I am interested in but instead just random jobs in my area. I have repeatedly unsubscribed from their email, my account shows no emails I have sent customer service a couple of emails to remove my account completely, nothing seems to work. They say it takes 10 days, but it has been at least a month. I can't seem to spam folder them either. I would recommend anyone interested in a position to try the companies website before giving snag a job any of your info, if the company does not allow direct applying you can most likely find the same posting on a different site.

• Ki
    Kisses21 Jun 23, 2012

I understand how she feel. I've had a snagajob account for SIX YEARS! I've never received a phone call from any employers. I think the website at this point is a scam. I've filled out atleast 100 job applications over the years. Maybe more, and no one has called me. My phone hasn't changed neither has my email. This is absolutely ridiculous.

• Sh
    shaquitabadonkydonks Jul 16, 2012

35 million registered jobseekers?! This is the TOTAL number of jobseekers who’ve registered since the company’s inception in 1999, right? Even if they’ve already found a job, is EVERYONE who’s ever registered since 1999 included? YES.

A more useful stat for me as an employer is the number of registered jobseekers ACTIVELY seeking employment. 35 million people registered on your site in 13 years, SO WHAT?

-Shaquita LaWhora, Arts & Crafts Talent Management

Annod1949 Jul 16, 2012

Believe me I have applied a thousand times on Snagjob, and not one CONTACT from any of the employers!!! What a waste!!!

• Va
    VaBusiness Feb 21, 2013

My company general manager used Snagajob for one year to try and find applicants. What Snagajob does is take info from people and use that info for a "survey" that people like my GM fill out. Now, every question that applicants answer is given a point value. This ranges everywhere from age to location to education to even gender. My GM on his end assigns what he considers appropriate point values for each answer potential applicants fill out. Snagajob sells the customer a live software interface they can log onto. When they log on, they get the top five or ten applicants that have the highest scores based on these point values. For this service they charged $700 dollars a year, per business location. It is up to Snagajob's customer (the person doing the hiring) to remove their job posting once it has been filled. This is why people complain about job postings not actually existing. During the "selling" process to my GM, he was given the impression that Snagajob would find him the right candidate when all they're really doing is selling him access to an automated program. As a matter-of-fact, Snagajob's inside terminology for people applying is "product". They are a business designed to make money, not find work for people. You apply, they use you to make money by selling their merchandise which happens to be the person applying. After six months, my GM gave up using them since most of the applicants were local individuals he had already interviewed off of Craigslist. Snagajob is not so much a blatent scam as it is a gigantic smoke and mirrors act pointing people in the wrong direction for what they think they'll get from using them to apply for jobs online. The more people that apply under the misconception, the more candidates Snagajob's automated software (not a real person) can send to their customers and give them the impression they're working hard on the case.

I hope this helps anyone who is confused.

• Ge
    George Waring Apr 16, 2016

Using age as a criteria is completely illegal.