Smooth FitnessNOT SO SMOOTH

B

Smooth Fitness was not so Smooth...when it came to my Elliptical purchase...CE 3.0. They sent me a lemon, sent someone to fix it and even gave me some credit but gave me a terrible hassle when the issues didn't stop popping...I have stored a piece of metal in my home since March and never had a chance to use it because of mechanical issues...and now they just don't want to deal with it...so instead of replacing the equipment in a professional fashion, as that would be too much of an ego bruise for their Customer Service, , , they just want to take it back for "testing" and give me my money back after my having to spend time chasing them for endless follow ups...I am glad that i am returning it but I will make sure that everyone else knows how they are...it looks like they DELETED my facebook post cos they couldn't stomach the truth. Their 'Sales Guy' called (yelling at the top of his lungs trying to intimidate me (called me immature for complaining and unreasonable for wanting what I believed to be rightful). Expecting an apology from their team would be hoping for peace on earth!
I have never done this before, but I think people deserve to know about my experience because I decided to buy the unit in the first place based upon online reviews and how splendid their customer services was regarded to be...I am enraged at how it turned out.

max36 Feb 25, 2013

Please complain to the Office of Attorney General, Pennsylvania. There are lot of complaints against this fraudulent company.

• Bl
    bluejeans00256 Feb 08, 2013

I absolutely tend to believe the complaints against the Smooth Fitness company. I have been dealing with issues for the last 2 years, ever since purchasing an Agile Elliptical. My experiences sound much the same as those lain out above...
    In fact... I've been reading this review as I am on the phone with yet another customer service rep... and this time, I just got YELLED AT by the customer service manager, Linda Manfredi, as she told me just how LUCKY and BLESSED I should feel that she is HONORING the Smooth Fitness warranty on MY BRAND NEW MACHINE. She explained that really the company has no real need to cover the warranty of my Agile Elliptical since the new company has only purchased the Smooth Fitness Brand and manufacturing option, or whatever. My machine does not have 100 miles on it, and it has been nothing but trouble for us, and now another tech is supposed to come out and look at the problems... but it has taken me over a MONTH in order to get someone at Smooth Fitness to actually call and put in an order for a technician to visit. I make several phone calls, each time being assured that an order has been placed, but then the next customer service rep "can't find anything like that noted in your account..."... yep, you just keep assuring us that you're dedicated to great customer service, and in the meantime, I'll try and get my money back.

joecool76nc Dec 17, 2012

I too have had nothing but problems with mine now no response. This is the wrong to conduct business. Something has to be corrected and fixed.

• Lm
    lman925 Oct 25, 2012

CLEARLY A LUNATIC

• Bh
    Bharti Jogia-Sattar May 22, 2012

Wow! I just realized (upon rereading) how much more lies Smooth posted in the above post...I called the Freight Co. and the Technician, and no one knew about the order to pick up the equipment from my place.
    Watch out, they are saying they give you the so called full product refund as they are supposedly giving me 9read the fine print ...) and what they fail to disclose is that all the hassle you go through is on your dime...and a hassle it is, each time you deal with their folks...

• Bh
    Bharti Jogia-Sattar May 22, 2012

I HAVE YET TO BE CONTACTED BY YOUR FREIGHT COMPANY OR ANYONE ELSE FOR PICK UP...YOUR FAULTY EQUIPMENT IS NOT ONLY AN EYE SORE AT THIS POINT BUT MOST DEFINITELY TAKING UP SPACE IN MY HOME AND A NASTY REMINDER OF FALSE INFORMATION ONLINE...
    I love the way your PR folks try to sound so innocent and how they bent over backwards to accomodate me...if you had only focused more on product quality and your QC process...we wouldn't even be having this discussion..
    Smooth Management...Way to go and invest your resources in damage control...cos you are most definitely incapable of anything else.

• Sm
    Smooth Fitness May 22, 2012

Without trying to trial this situation in the court of public opinion, Smooth Fitness has made the decision to provide a formal response to this particular posting.

Smooth Fitness has done everything possible to assist this customer. Our efforts have been refused. Our intention is certainly not to deliver equipment that is inoperable, but with the many components and electronics of fitness equipment today, sometimes the unthinkable occurs- and our industry leading warranties provide customers with the best possible protection and service. After repeated attempts, nothing we can say at this point has been acceptable to Ms. Sattar.

We have sincerely apologized to Ms. Sattar on many occasions, offered service, repair, replacement, full refund and credits and we were unfortunately unable to satisfy her demands. She has instead demanded enormous additional compensation credit (well beyond what she paid for the equipment) demands new equipment be delivered with the additional guarantee of her never having to have a repair/service in the future ever (something beyond our control to promise). We have offered to pick up the unit at our expense and provide a full refund, and to date, Ms. Sattar refuses to allow our freight company to pick up the unit! Instead, Ms. Sattar has taken to the web to unfairly disparage Smooth Fitness in an attempt to have her unreasonable demands satisfied. It is unfortunate that these complaint sites, allow customers to post inaccurate accounts and attempts to damage a reputable business unfairly who possesses a 25 year plus reputation for product and service excellence.

The Facebook post this customer made was indeed removed by Smooth because of its tone and inconsistencies which were not appropriate nor accurate. Ms Sattar later admitted that she wrote it in a fit of rage and should have probably thought it through first.

Ms. Sattar’s posting here-in ; which is full of inaccuracies and variations on the truth; was vital for Smooth Fitness to respond to in the best interest of other shoppers who may read this in the future and obtain a slanted account of a situation that may indeed influence their purchase decision. We have been and always will treat our customers fairly, provide excellent products and services and have treated this customer with the highest respect and professionalism. Customers always have Smooth’s Guarantee of 60 days to return their equipment with no questions asked for a full product refund.

Our last offer to Ms. Sattar was to have the equipment picked up by us and we will provide a full product refund. Our freight company has attempted to schedule this pickup and the customer is currently non-responsive to their calls. Although this is not our policy, we made this exception in the interest of compromise and to help Ms. Sattar and Smooth move on. We are crediting her the full amount that she paid for the unit, and we will be picking it up at our expense as promised once she schedules with the freight company for the pickup.

Smooth Fitness Tip: Please be wary of how much stock you put in critical reviews. As in this case, they can be misleading and posted; as this was in anger and rage; and may not accurately depict the situation. Weigh the bad and the good and always make a fair and balanced decision to purchase based on a merchant’s long standing record, years of reviews and not on isolated incidents that may not tell you the whole story.