Shopperdiscounts.co.ukunauthorised withdrawals from my bank account

J

just checked my bank statement and discovered that Shopperdiscounts.co.uk have been deducting £10 per month from my account for something that I never signed up for.Why. I have no idea how long this has been going on for but think it was Febuary 2014.when I booked for some flights.I feel that all money deducted from my account by Sopperdiscount.co.uk should be refunded as this was not consented by me.

• Updated by Maryo · Jun 16, 2011

Hello Amelia:

I just read your post and I would very much like to provide you with information on Shopper Discounts & Rewards and to be able to address the concerns you have raised. I strongly recommend that you visit our online member forum, http://bit.ly/gy87cg where you can ask a question directly to our Community Manager. They will be able to provide you with further information and I hope be able to resolve your issue. Alternatively, if you have a specific question regarding your credit card and membership I strongly recommend you contact me directly at [email protected] If you do contact me directly please reference this forum.

Maryo

• Ka
    Kathrin Phung Jun 03, 2016

Hi Patsy,
    I just found out the same incidence happened to me yesterday. My account has been deducted £10 monthly since March. I just followed your advice and wrote to them, got their reply but they asked for my original email (which I don't have since I didn't register with them for any kind of discount service) and my full address and other email addresses that I may use. Did this happen to you when you wrote to them? I just want to see if other people get similar response and I doubt that they want to get more personal information from me.
    Thank you very much!
    Kathrin

Maryo Jun 03, 2016

Hello:

We want you to know that we’re here to help you. However, it’s difficult to do that in a public forum when we don’t know who each person is or the details of their membership. We can help you better and resolve your specific queries or concerns if you contact us directly. You can do so by visiting our own online member forum where we can answer your questions. You can find the forum here: http://bit.ly/gy87cg . Once on the site please post a question and our community manager will be able to respond to you directly. Alternatively, for more information about your specific membership you can contact me directly at [email protected] If you contact me directly, please reference this forum.

Maryo

• Pa
    Patsy101 Jun 03, 2016

Just found out that shopperdiscounts.co.uk have been taking money out of my account £10 per month. I did not sign up to anything with them. I have received nothing from them. I do not know how they got my card details though I suspect it was from another reputable online company that I have used in the past. The behaviour of shopperdiscounts.co.uk is disgusting. Once I get to the bottom of this I will also stop using the 'reputable' company that shopperdiscounts.co.uk is linked to. I've just contacted my bank and they have cancelled my visa card that shopperdiscounts.co.uk have been using. I wonder how many other suspecting online shoppers are being ripped off by shopperdiscounts.co.uk

Anita Bartlett Feb 27, 2015

£10.00 deducted from my Tesco account for last three months did not give permission and would like to cancel this and be reimbursed for these amounts

• Sh
    ShopperDisc Dec 21, 2014

Hello James:

I just read your post here and will be happy to assist you. I have sent an email directly to you with a resolution to your query. I sent it to the email address we have on record with your membership. If you did not receive this email from me, please contact me at [email protected]

Shopper Discounts and Rewards is a savings programme for people who shop online regularly. The membership benefits include 10% cashback at over 650 online retailers, 20% off popular gift cards and a monthly cashback reward. It’s free for the first 30 days so you can try it out, and after that there is a monthly fee. Members can cancel their membership at any time.

The only way to become a member is to enter your details in full on the Shopper Discounts & Rewards sign-up page. The details required are: your name, your email address (twice), your postal address, a new password (twice) and your credit or debit card details for the monthly billing. It is mentioned in several places that following 30 days free membership, there is a monthly fee - hence why you are required to provide your credit/debit card details on the sign-up page. There is no other way of creating a membership but to provide your details in full.

I hope that this message and the email that I sent to you directly resolved your query to your satisfaction. If you need further assistance, please get in touch with Shopper Discounts & Rewards directly using the following details: [email protected], [protected], or you can contact me directly at [email protected]

Kind regards,
    Shopper Discounts & Rewards

• Na
    NAJLA Oct 31, 2011

on the 30/8/2011, 31/09/2011 and31/10 /2011 my debit of £10.00 was taken by shoppersdiscounts.co.uk this was done without my knowledge.

Please I would like the refund

• St
    stephen lince Jul 21, 2011

on the 06/07/2011 a debit of £10.00 was taken by shoppersdiscounts.co.uk this was done without my knowledge

• TwinkleTwinkle Jun 16, 2011

You need to contact them in order for the payment to be cancelled, you can explain you dont have any knowledge of giving them any permission to take money from your account and want your money refunded. If they refuse ask them for proof of you giving them your details and proof and also contact trading standards, you might also need to contact your bank to cancel the payment. This firm piggyback off other firms, i ordered from pizza hut the other night and once my order was paid for this shoppers discount popped up offering me £15 of my next pizza hut order, so you might have been conned via something similar.

• Am
    Amelia Hall Jun 15, 2011

Have just reviewed my bank statements from the last 6 months and have discovered that this company has been STEALING £10 a month from me since December 2010. I have never given them permission to do this and have not received any products/ services / discounts from them in return. How do I go about getting this money back and make sure this does not happen to anyone else?

Maryo Jun 01, 2011

Hello dorsetdelight:

• Be
    bev johnson May 31, 2011

i have noticed on a few times shopperdiscount has taken £10.00 from my account which i dont remember signing to i think this is just a scam taken peoples money without them even known

jaclinhyde May 29, 2011

Ok gang here is a scoop for you. I used to work in the call center for this company so I know how you can get your money back. There are two things they don't want to hear that will result in an immediate refund: lawyer is the first but because a lot of people don't like to pull that card you can also use the "my UNDERAGE son/daughter placed this order without my knowledge." Bingo, instant refund. If this is not the first time they have charged you make sure you say that you want ALL the charges they placed on your card refunded. If you don't say that then they will only refund the last debit they made to your account. I hope this helps!

dorsetdelight May 28, 2011

Found out this company have been taking £10 per month from account since Novmeber 2010 . think we should all contact watchdog aboutthis comapny

dorsetdelight May 28, 2011

call [protected] to cancell mambership or us link on line hope this helps

dorsetdelight May 28, 2011

have just noticed the same is happening on my account.Hope this info is helpful.

• Sh
    shirley gibson Apr 03, 2011

this company have charged £10.00 from my credit card account without authorisation. I have not even used my credt card since Christmas so I do not know where they got my details. I am not happy at all.

• Lw
    l wang Mar 01, 2011

I have spotted that shopperdiscouts.co.uk has debited £10from my account at 4th of Feb 2011 without my authorising. I would be very much appreciated that if you can get this money back, and stop further payment. I will report this case to my bank too.

• Os
    O Siddig Feb 09, 2011

I, as well, noticed that my credit card is debitted 23.99 pounds sterling every month since August 2010, 13.99 of that amount is for product support, I never joined shoppersdiscount and I never bought a product from them, this is theft no doubt. I will take legal action>

• Os
    O Siddig Feb 09, 2011

I, as well noticed a 23.99 unauthorized debit from my credit card to shoppersdiscount every month since August 2010, 13.99 of that amount for product support, I never joined this service, I never bought any product from this company, this is theft no doubt.

• Bo
    Bob J Dec 24, 2010

I've called their customer service center and they ensured me that:
    - the membership has been cancelled (still ensure how I got onto this membership)
    - the refund for 3 months has been applied and will be available into my account within 10 working days
    - after I've faxed them the form, the refund for the reminding 9 months has be processed and payment will be done within 10 working days

I will follow closely to see if the money will be refunded within the expected time. If not I guess I will raise the matter to my bank for dispute or fraud and contact Trading Standards Institute.

Maryo Dec 24, 2010

Hello Bob J:

I just read your post and would very much like to provide you with detailed information about your membership. It’s important to us that your concerns are addressed and that your issue is resolved and it’s easier to do this if you contact us directly so we can find the details of your membership. This way we can help answer your specific queries. You can contact us by calling our customer service team on [protected] (this is a free phone). Alternatively, you can contact me directly at [email protected] If you contact me directly, please reference this post.

• Bo
    Bob J Dec 22, 2010

I've been charged £10 for 11 months without noticing it.
    Not sure how they had my credit card details. Will raise a complain to Trading Standards.

Maryo Oct 20, 2010

Hello John:

I just read your post and will be happy to assist you. It’s important to me that your concerns are addressed and that your issue is resolved. I will send you a private email via this forum with more information to resolve this matter to your satisfaction. Please check your incoming mail on this forum for my full response to you. If you need to reach me in the meantime, my email address is [email protected]

john hindle Oct 18, 2010

this company has been taking £8 a month for the last eighteen month having been ill for th last 2years we just cant let it go on we dont know enything about the company and do not know how it has been set up.we have never authorised payment from my bank. the bank cannot stop it so we were told to contact yourselves to get it stopped .

mariamc72 Aug 22, 2010

I joined to get discounts on online shopping and didnt recieve any discounts at all and then got a text from said company that they had taking money out of my visa card how can this company get away with doing this?

• Ne
    Neil - Cardiff Aug 09, 2010

I appear to have been paying £8 a month for over a year to "Shopperdiscount". This has been the actual cost of a promised £10 reduction in a Trainline ticket purchase.
    I tried to stop payment as a direct debit - but it's not that - it's a "continuous authority". I had to contact Barclays who issued a REQUEST for the company to stop charging me. But - by law, apparently, they have to allow the company 31 days to stop taking my money - and the company has now taken another payment (at 30 days after the request).
    It's incredible that this scam has persisted for so long and that it is perpetrated (inadvertently, I presume) through major companies - like Trainline - who are honest and work with integrity.

Neil

mark s t May 11, 2010

unauthorised standing order set up without my knowledge or approval following transaction over internet with ticketmaster.

• Ba
    battle Apr 15, 2010

THEY HAVE STOLEN MONEY FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT AND WILL BE REPORTED TO THE POLICE AND OTHER RELEVANT PEOPLE

• Va
    Valerie M West Apr 15, 2010

I have just discovered that Shaooperdiscounts.co.uk have been deducting £10 from my MBNA cc account monthly since December 2009. I will report to the cc. company.
    Valerie West

• Lo
    Lolaa Mar 30, 2010

I did a few online surveys. Don't think i have provided with my bank account but money got transferred away to SHOPPERDISCOUNTS.CO.UK?!

• Sc
    Scammedbyshopperdsiscounts Feb 10, 2010

If your compnay is not a scam then why do you troll through compaints and scam sites posting this same message ????

You are a scam and why company's are letting you do it is beyond me but i won't purchase from them anymore. You took money from me without knowing...

Every scam site on the internet lists shopperdiscount as a scam, even down to joing emails sent from one address and supposedly charge email sent from a different blocked address so it will never be read...most people don't recieve the bill emails though and you make exuses saying to might of been blocked as spam.

There are paper, Trading standards investigating you and in the USA they are trying to get you Banned..Why's that then if you a legit service???

Maryo Jan 11, 2010

Hello G. Daverat:

I just read your post and want to give you an official response on behalf of our company. It’s important to me that your concerns are addressed and that your issue is resolved. If you have questions or feedback, please contact our customer service team at [protected] (this is a free phone). Alternatively, you can contact me directly at [email protected] If you contact me directly, please reference this post.

Thanks,

• Gd
    G. Daverat Jan 07, 2010

I called my bank last night to dispute a £10 debit card payment which I could not identify "shopperdiscounts.c". I only realized at that time that this payment had already been done for several months without me noticing it.

All beware!

G. Daverat

• Ic
    Iceqweeen Jan 06, 2010

I signed up with this to claim £10 from TRAINLINE ... since then they have taken £8 per month from my credit card.. I didn't notice because I use pound shops frequently... PLEASE BE AWARE AND READ THE SMALL PRINT

Satch Dec 29, 2009

Like other members I too have been subject to a £10.00 charge by shopperdiscounts.co.uk. Any help to get this charge refunded and future payments stopped would be much appreciated.
    satch

Maria Gibson Sep 27, 2009

Why Shopperdiscounts.co.uk [protected] charge me 10 pounds every month, in my Visa. I don't have any count with you. My name is Maria Gibson and my e-mail is: [email protected] please tell me Why, Thank you

• Dr
    Dr Nina Patel Sep 09, 2009

I am getting a charge of £10.00 on my credit card by Shoppersdiscounts.co.uk I do not know what it is about & feel it is unauthorised

• Pu
    Puffertwin Sep 09, 2009

I have noticed that I have had £9.50 charged to my credit card for 'services' I have not agreed to.

• He
    Helen Oliver Aug 15, 2009

I too ended up involved thanks to easyjet a ten pounds off offer has so far cost me £104
    Call shopper discounts on [protected]
    you can get three credits by phone and request a claim form from them for the rest

• Ju
    Julie Tekin Jun 01, 2009

I do not recall joining the above service but have had £10 charged to my credit card this month.