shopper discount and rewardsfraudulent billing

S

My credit card account has been charged $12.00 per month since September, 2009 without my authorization/knowledge. I just happened to notice this charge on my credit card from shopper discount and rewards, I called the # to inquire what this was and came to know that I my credit card info was given to Shopper discounts when I was shopping on all posters.com.
apparently when a purchase is completed on allposters.com, a pop up window asks if you would like a discount on your next purchase. Apparently if you simply click on this pop up window, Shopper Discounts acquires your credit card info and begins charging your credit card account without your knowledge. The way this was done was not made clear or obvious and consumers are being cheated into this program- this is internet malpractice.

In the last year- ever since I was cheated into the rewards program, I have purchased nothing from this "discounts & rewards" company.

I called Shopper Discounts phone number and a representative offered to cancel my “membership” and refund the last 4 months of charge. I said I wanted all 13 months charges refunded. The person said she was only allowed to credit the last four charges over the phone and that I would have to submit a form, (that she would send to me) requesting a refund of more than four months of charges.

I contacted my credit card company to dispute the unauthorized charges to my account and came to know I was only allowed to only dispute the “LAST FOUR” charges to my account. It seems like shopper discount has mastered the art of swindling people and they refund charges of the last 4 months which are disputable via credit card companies anyway... That way there is no option for consumers to get their money back beyond 4 months

I WANT ALL MY MONEY BACK. I will fight this as far as I can go. If I get nowhere - either from Shopper Discounts & Rewards or my credit card company, then I will be contacting the frauds department of the Attorney's General of New York State & Connecticut as well as the Better Business Bureau of NY & CT to lodge complaints. I will go to various consumer forums and tell everyone how I have been cheated off my money.

I have not felt like such a fool in a very long time.

• Updated by Maryo · May 22, 2009

Hi CCC:

I just read your post and want to give you an official response on behalf of our company. It’s important to me that your concerns are addressed and that your issue is resolved. If you would like our assistance or have questions or feedback, please contact our customer service team at [protected]. Alternatively, you can contact me directly at [email protected] If you contact me directly, please reference this post.

Mary
    Consumer Affairs

• El
    eliseb Apr 17, 2012

I have just been looking at my online banking and shopperdisc have been taking 10 pound a month out of my account for the last 8 months! i am fuming.. i dont even know how they have got my bank details coz i have definatly not signed up to it or had any knowledge this was coming out of my account untill now. what can i do because they have recieved 80 pound out of me that i am not happy to just let go!

anekin007 Sep 04, 2011

shortcake is right. Most people click on things and not read. if anyone remembers the site they use that got them to shopper discounts and rewards please post the site. You guys may want out of the deal but I know plenty of people that want to sign up and get in.

• Sh
    shortcake Jul 08, 2011

Obviously you all have had a totally different experience with Shopper Discounts & Rewards than I. I made a purchase online and at the end of my transaction a window popped up to receive $10 cash back on my purchase. I clicked on the link and was taken to a page to enter my personal/credit card information. On this page, it clearly stated the terms of the "30 day free trial". As long as you cancel within the 30 day period, you will not be charged a cent. In the membership e-mail they send you, it even states at the bottom in the small print the exact date you need to cancel by to avoid being charged. I even received reminder billing notifications of when I would be charged if I hadn't canceled by that date. It is VERY easy to cancel the membership too. You can simply log into your account, go to the "Customer Service" tab and click on "Contact Us." On the Contact Us page, there is a link you click on that says "Click on this link to access our online benefit cancel center". There is also a toll-free number you can call to cancel, if you prefer to go that route. I have taken advantage of many free trial offers, and I always make sure to clearly read the terms. I was never charged a cent by Shopper Discounts and Rewards since I canceled by the specified date. I have no connections whatsoever with Shopper Discounts and Rewards, so there's nothing in it for me to defend them; I'm simply stating my personal experience.

• Mi
    Mingchu Jun 08, 2011

Same thing happened to me, my credit card had been charged $12 per month since May, 2010. I never sign any agreement to pay the member fee. I never receive any billing statement. I never receive any e-mail from shopper discounts and rewards. I never use their service. I had been charged for 14 months. I called the customer service at [protected], came to know that my credit card number was given to shopper discount and rewards when I was shopping with buy.com. Since then my credit card was charged $12 per month without any billing statement or e-mail notification. I was cheated to become the member without knowing my password or user id. It is a fraudulent practice. The representative only agree to refund the last four months. Why do I pay for the membership I did not intend to join? I want to get all of my money refund. I will contact all of the channels to get full refund. Otherwise, I will post it on the face book, twitter and all of the social media to let all of world know this malpractice company.

jaclinhyde May 29, 2011

Ok gang here is a scoop for you. I used to work in the call center for this company so I know how you can get your money back. There are two things they don't want to hear that will result in an immediate refund: lawyer is the first but because a lot of people don't like to pull that card you can also use the "my UNDERAGE son/daughter placed this order without my knowledge." Bingo, instant refund. If this is not the first time they have charged you make sure you say that you want ALL the charges they placed on your card refunded. If you don't say that then they will only refund the last debit they made to your account. I hope this helps!

Maryo May 08, 2011

Hello Valchris:

I just read your post and I would very much like to provide you with information on Shopper Discounts & Rewards and to be able to address the concerns you have raised. I strongly recommend that you visit our online member forum, http://bit.ly/gy87cg where you can ask a question directly to our Community Manager. They will be able to provide you with further information and I hope be able to resolve your issue. Alternatively, if you have a specific question regarding your credit card and membership I strongly recommend you contact me directly at [email protected] If you do contact me directly please reference this forum.

Regards,
    Maryo

• Va
    valchris May 06, 2011

Shopper discount and Rewards took £10 out of my bank with out my knowledge or consent. Luckily I was told to ring this number [protected] and ask them to close my account with them and refund the money. I am still waiting for the money but they did say it would be up to 10 working days before it would be back in my bank account. I had no idea that I was a member of their scam so was totally bewildered by the whole thing

• Pc
    PCBey Mar 27, 2011

Credit card companies and/ or banks only are in it to protect themselves under the name of Fraud. When you understand that it is a business and they all have no concerns for you... just your money, than you will see them as they truly are ...bloodsuckers. That being said. Simply write them a "Writ of Discovery" and ask them for your consented contractual agreement between you and shoppers discount and rewards. If they cant produce a contract (which they can never do), sue them. Give them a ten day window to respond, and then write them a "write of default judgement" for not producing a contract. Send it to the Attorney General and to the Secretary of state and to "WEBLOYALTY" who is the true company you want. U.S.C. title 18 section 1001 fraud, section 1003, section 105, and etc.. ., they knowingly and willfully are committing fraud and have been doing it for years. Sue them in their private and corporate capacity for everything each person in the company owns (houses, cars, stock and bonds, comic books, and sue their wives and children) until they learn to work for a living and stop stealing from working people. Fraud has no statute of limitations so when your piece together all your complaints on WEBLOYALTY, own them. Get all the Board members name and the CEO if he/ she is not on the board.

Maryo Dec 07, 2010

Hello NancyNurse:

I just read your post. It’s important to me that your concerns are addressed and that your issue is resolved. If you have questions or feedback, please contact our customer service team at [protected]-. Alternatively, you can contact me directly at [email protected] I will be happy to assist you. If you contact me directly, please reference this post.

Mary

• Na
    NancyNurse Dec 06, 2010

Logged on to Drugs.com to place an order and since January 2009 I've been receiving a 12.00 charge on my credit card. they will not refund my money and I did NOT join this club.

• Am
    AmirE Nov 06, 2010

I also was taken by this company, I just had canceled my membership after finding out about the charge and received no refund or even acknowledgment that it was possible. I was taken in June of 2005 and have been paying 9 dollars a month for over 5 years! I was duped apparently the same way you were with all posters. I also noticed that the charges posted as a few different variants of "Shopper" on my credit card over the time period. The other thing that baffles me is how rude the representative was when I was originally inquiring about where the charge came from and even what shoppers discount is. I definitely made it clear that I had no idea where the charge came from. I definitely feel wronged

Amir

• Cc
    ccc May 18, 2009

I also had a run in with shopper discount and rewards! SCAM is all I have to say supposively I purchased something off of usauto.com, which i don't remember and this is how they got my info. So i just noticed a $10.00 reoccurring charge for the past few months I finally checked into it because I did not know the name. Also spoke with my Bank BOA they have also have had other customers call about unathorized transactions from this place. So I am now in the process of getting my MONEY reimbursed to me. SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM !! Is all I have to say