Shell Oil Co.no common business courtesy to assist a customer!

G

In 2004 I overpaid my Shell gas credit card by $200. Shell sent me a check for the same amount while I was in Indonesia, working the tsunami disaster... Consequently the check was voided (90 day limited). Note: Shell does not honor, like most businesses, a plus balance on an account. When I returned from Indonesia I returned the check, requesting a new one be issued. To date, almost 2 yrs later, I have not received the money due to me.

I have called Shell credit card services 12 times in this time period and have written three letters to:

1) Shell Credit Cards Services,

2) Customer Service Manager

3) Customer Relations, Shell Headquarters to ask for assistance - to no avail. I have not received a reply, an e-mail nor a phone call.

I think this borders on scandal. This company has earning in the millions/billions and they do not have the common business courtesy to assist a customer.

Regards,
Gisla.

• Updated by Jeffrey Tan · Aug 25, 2017

I have submitted to shell customer service couple weeks ago but till today there is no feedback.

• Updated by Lindalee777 · Apr 14, 2018

I am very upset I have change card eat not happy employee was not helpful

• Updated by ExtremelyAnnoyed1 · Jul 14, 2018

I don’t want to have to wait to receive my back for gas I didn’t even Get. It’s not right

• Updated by Subhash p · Sep 24, 2018

I'm Subhash P From India Karnataka Bangalore I'm winning Prize 3 Crore it's true r fack tel me plssssssssss he is asking 10, 700 to pay wat I do tel me

Comments

• Updated by Misscereca · Dec 12, 2018

Cashier makes everyone wait a really long time. Vacuum never works outside. Machine doesn't always take cards. BAD LOCATION, BAD OWNER

• Cl
    Clare Brenden May 18, 2007

I recently purchased gasoline at a Shell Station at 2900 S Casino Dr, Laughlin, Nevada. I gave the cashier $20.00 cash. I pumped regular unleaded at $3.79 per gal, 5.430 gals. , cost $19.00. When I asked for my $1.00 change the cashier said I used $20.00, although the pump showed $19.00. He then printed me a receipt showing total $19.00. I do have the receipt. The manager appeared and didn't want to give my change. It's not the $1.00 - it's the principal - if they cheat every customer all day they have a nice extra profit. I finally insisted on my change and they did give it to me. I started on the highway and noticed that I didn't get any gas - my gouge showed the same amount of gas in my vehicle as when I entered the station. Not wanting to have to go through another scene, I decided to "eat" my loss and went on my way. It bothers me that more people may be pleased as I was. Now, I know it could have been an equipment error the cashier and manager may not have been aware of. I don't know how often individual stations are inspected for accuracy but it seems to me this particular station needs to be inspected. I have used Shell gas for many years and have never experienced this problem. I don't know if it is possible for you to let me know what happened but I would appreciate a reply.

• Bi
    Bill Folks Dec 11, 2007

Purchased regular gas in Weed ca made it twenty mile's had to have vehicle towed to K Falls Or. Dealer said contaminated fuel caused pump and filter failure. The sample the dealer took from tank looked like water with a slight smell of gas. This occurred on a business trip to Sandy Or as a result loss of wage's not to mention being stranded on highway 97 on the 16th of november. When I contacted station and station owner no one would accept responsibility "big surprise". This little adventure set me back approx $3000.00.

Jenifer Jun 13, 2008

Today 6/13/08 I purchased 20.00 cash gas from this shell station 2207 valley, pomona, ca. i noticed it didn't feel like anything was coming out, it was registering but nothing coming out. When I went to check on my car meter it did absolutely nothing nor did the computer on my car register the 4.40 gallons. I went inside to check with the attendant and she didn't speak English and basically I just lost 20.00. I went down the street to Valero but another 20.00 in and it immediately registered. Beware consumers of this gas station-big scam going on there.

• Ri
    Richard Hall Mar 10, 2010

Shell station
    6014 Leesburgh Pike
    Falls Church
    VA 22041
    This station was giving rebates of 5 cents per gallon on gas pumped!
    Now, they will only give the rebate if you use CASH!
    I pumped 10.117 Gallon on March 10, 2010 and used my
    Shell card.
    They told they had a new policy. So, no rebate.
    So, what good is my Shell card now?
    A card I have had since 1966!
    I guess I have a choice of other stations.
    All I can say is, this is a bad time to change a policy like that during a
    recession!!
    Richard Hall
    3300 Coryell Lane
    Alex, VA 22302
    [email protected]

• Pe
    Pete Murdoch Jul 02, 2010

We travel through out Ca. and use Shell when we can. Lately my cards, wifey too, has to be either left at the cashier, or the purchase has to be put on another card, or cash. This nessitates two trips from the islands to the cashiers booth. The magnetic strip doesnt work at the pump. When wifey came it and told me that she had to do the above I got irritated and called Shell customer services to complain, they told me that there were too many purchses on the cards and they had put a block on my card because of excessive use. As they did this without notifying us, I cancelled the cards.Of course they acted in my best interest, to protect me...

• Mo
    Moe el Aug 13, 2018

I was pulling into the gas station on mineral spring ave, north providence, RI to put gas on saturday night August 4th 2018. However, a lady empolyee came out running and yelling at me that she is closed and i'm not suppose to put gas. She was so rude and unacceptable to treat customers the way she does.

• Ca
    Canokca Aug 14, 2018

Sunrise Blvd off of hwy 50 east in Rancho Cordova Ca I quit getting gas there because if you don't buy a car wash with your gas purchase it costs an additional 15 cents a gallon for gas. Rediculous

• Ex
    ExtremelyAnnoyed1 Aug 15, 2018

I was at Sorrento, Florida shell gas station and paid $19 for gas inside but something happened with machine so I never got my gas and I'm told I can get refund for 3 days so now I couldn't get all my gas. I want my $ back.

• Ge
    George Leamons Aug 15, 2018

The Shell station in Elgin Tx. (78621) at 290 and county line rd. is constantly getting skimmer on their pumps and the manger does not seem to care.

• Da
    Daniellepava Aug 15, 2018

The way I was spoken to was horrible And was very unappreciated

anita in silver spring Aug 20, 2018

Woodmoor Shell located at 10144 Colesville Rd, Silver Spring, MD would not apply the Giant Gas Reward points to my gasoline purchase. When I pumped the gas, the points had not been taken off. When I went back inside, the attendant had a nasty attitude and told me to contact Giant.

The date of the purchase was August 11, 2018 at 10:49 a.m. Pump #1

• Zu
    Zubeyir Aug 20, 2018

Hay
    9950 chinguacousy Sheel
    At 2:50 pm the worker did not let me use the wc
    a behavior that does not suit a big company like a shell

Jemstar2 Aug 20, 2018

I paid at the pump for a car wash and discovered the car wash was broken. The cashier would not refund my money and told me the code worked at all shell stations. I went to another station and while in line called to make sure it would work and they said no. So I'm out $10 and still have a dirty car. I would like my money refunded. Code:783174

Joel8/13/18 Aug 20, 2018

5301 highway 121 The Colony Tx 75056 979-624-9121 is closed at 11pm and the door says 12 am. This is not acceptable. 20ish looking guy with headphones and a grocery cart waved me away saying it's closed as he locks the doors behind him at 11 05pm 8/13/18. Please correct this or change your times of operation.

MARY L ROBINSON Aug 21, 2018

I was at the shell station on high way 378 in Lexington SC 29072 at 4:30 I started to pump my and the gas went over my body, my clothes, my car I reported this to the staff on duty. I left with a bad head ache, my shoes cannot be used again, my jeans cannot be used again, I am unsure about the paint on my car.

Mary Simmons Robinson
    803 295 1867

• Ba
    Barbara Fourcade Aug 28, 2018

Are small dogs (6 lbs.) allowed in gas station while on a leash? Is the policy different if it is a service or therapy dog?

• Mi
    michael k weizer Sep 01, 2018

yes i was at the shell gas station in conneaut ohio i had a gift card for 25 i got energy drinks and wanted the rest in gas the cashier at the time gave me attitude and rolled her eyes at me because i said after the drinks were purchased i want the rest for gas and she was furious she had to re ring me up with my fuel card also... I was not happy.

• Lo
    Loretta Stanley Sep 01, 2018

I keep getting information about an apparent card I have registered, I don't have a card so could you please delete me from your system.

• Ci
    Cindy1011 Sep 04, 2018

So I went to the shell gas station on foothill blvd and Santa Rosa st and I driving with little kids in the car we came to use the bathroom and the person attending me said I can't use the bathroom unless I'm getting gas ⛽️ this pisses me tf off

Jose Dunn Sep 05, 2018

I bought some antifreeze from store #30 in Lagrange Ga. I didn't open it and returned it with in 5 minutes and couldn't get my refund.

• Fa
    Fayefaye Sep 05, 2018

Yall have a scammer she stole 1500 from me her name shanae carlton shell gas station 330 ! her manager michael or what ever is in with it ! this wont be the last of this !!!

• Gr
    Greg Randolpoh Sep 05, 2018

I bought $40 worth of gas, and Shell put three separate $75 holds on my checking account ($225 total). The station's address is: 107 South State Hwy 6, Marlin, Texas, near Walmart.

• Tr
    Tracey R. Walker Sep 10, 2018

I used my debit card to purchase gas at the Shell Gas Station in East Palo Alto Ca.My purchase was for 15$ my statement shows I was charged 97.11$ instead.I have no.idea why this happened and would like the exceeded amount returned to my account please.PLEASE DISREGARD THIS COMPLAINT IT WAS TOTALLY MY BANKS FAULT SORRY!!!

• Da
    Dave260967 Sep 10, 2018

I went to fuel at Shell-Prahladnagar, Ahmedabad & had to wait 30 mins.although there were only four to five cars.

Employees were not much concerned & agreed that I complain to higher authorities.

Pl.look into it
    Regards
    Rajesh Dave

• Be
    belkinlan Sep 10, 2018

I needed change for a $20 bill and asked the cashier if he could make change. He said he needed the change for paying customers so I put gas in my car. He still would not give me change saying he needed the change and told me I can complain if I want. He did not care

• Na
    Naresh Kumaren Sep 11, 2018

The employee talks very bad and not manner at all... And return back to customer less amount of money.. If ask give back the correct money and talk bad word to customer.. How can shell can hired this type of employee... Better fired this employee

Joe Payne Sep 11, 2018

got gas at Shell Station 1960 Joe White Ave on Hwy 17 by-pass in Mrytle Beach on Sat. Sept.-30-17 at approx. 1:15pm. One girl attendant inside no other customers at my pump. Some one tried to use my credit card with a wrong pin number bank refused $75 charge to my account. I have closed this card with my bank but now have no debit card to use!

Sachin122 Sep 11, 2018

I always go to this shell gas station on hillcrest antioch ca, to buy 2 pack of hard marlboro and lately cashier wants to shell me 1 hard pack and 1 soft pack of cigarettes. This is per owner that they can't sell 2 hard packs

• Re
    Renea7 Sep 11, 2018

My car was messed up with water in the gas when I pulled up to the gas station at Shell on Beltway and 249 and I need to find out what are y'all going to do to compensate us for the time when we were we're without our vehicles my name is Ronaliseya Stoudemire 2813861385

Jennifer Burdon Sep 18, 2018

Shell station Dickensfield Fort McMurray no sign indicating low pressure for wand car wash.
    Worst ever car wash and still had to pay $22.68 after giving complaint.

Mandepanda Kushal Sep 18, 2018

Hi I am customer of shell petrol bunk in nayandahalli Bangalore my tank capacity is 15 liter but they have filled 16.47 liters I am really upset with the shell petrol bunk my contact number 9164529777

Jeffrey Tan Sep 19, 2018

Dear Sir,

Employee named NATIQAH of Aiman Shell in Seremban, Negeri Sembilan, Peninsular malaysia always being rude, n offensive all times to customers. Her bad character was reported to the station manager previously but no action taken against her. She continued to behaved such.

Please take action.

Thanks,

Jeff

• Ke
    Kennedy Vargas Sep 20, 2018

Hi I wanna report gas station located on 16074 sierra highway Mojave ca 93501 on pump one it wasn't giving me gas I paid for and the reader was just going to the number I paid for I want you guys to send someone to fix that issue and also would like my money back.

• Vi
    Vishal Shastri1 Sep 20, 2018

Timewise store #238 1632 s Voss Houston Texas 77057 seemed to be making extra bucks by making regular gas unavailable during emergency. Kindly inquire and confirm. I will like to know the findings. Email me [email protected]

Andrea marler Oct 02, 2018

Was not aloud to purchase 3 cartons of cigarettes with a credit card

• Su
    Subhash p Oct 02, 2018

I'm Subhash P From India Karnataka Bangalore I'm winning Prize 3 Crore it's Really R Fack Tel Me Please it's asking 10, 700 yo pay first but it's true r fack tel me plssssssssssss I'm waiting for ur msg I'm regular costmar to Shell oil

Jasmine Amour Oct 15, 2018

I am trying to get in touch with someone at the shell gas station in union city on Jonesboro about my debit card an no one is answering the phone an this is making me angry I've been calling every since Thursday I'm pretty sure someone here's the phone ringing this is very important

Jaime Tovar Oct 16, 2018

I went to shell gas station to get gas and I paid for a car wash also and when I went to the car wash and punched in the code it said invalid payment form use another payment form I tried it a couple times after the fourth attempt I had to pay with my debt card even though I paid at the pump before putting gas.

• Ar
    arshad888 Oct 21, 2018

Hi, i want to complain about the rude behaviour of employee.

joekim0717 Oct 21, 2018

4002 Bridgeport Way W, University Place, WA 98466
    (a corner of 40th St. and Bridgeport Way)

1st, fixing flat tire fee was cheated (original $24.95+tax mine is $27.95+tax)
    also, refused fixing flat tire again despite they fixed wrong.
    Manager Bill treated me so badly and rudely!!!