Secret Garden PomeranianMislead and fooled into believing this breeder is truthful and honest.

It has been brought to my attention from two different veterinarians, at separate clinics, that my Pomeranian, purchased from Secret Garden Pomeranians, was born with the genetic disposition of her knees. She is a little over a year old and has to have two luxating patella surgeries on both of her legs. Upon examination it was determined by both doctors that it would have been known about Pippi's knees at her examinations done when she was a puppy, at the time of being in the care of her breeder. Pippi's knees were never in correct placement. When addressed with Ania, she was adamant that there were no irregularities determined at Pippi's checkups. She also stated, her dad is the only one that had his patellas certified, not her mom. So,
according to her, Pippi's knees could be the result of her mom's genes. While researching breeders in the beginning, I was looking for someone who was reputable, honest and would stand behind their dogs. I did not find this with Ania. She claims her dogs are certified and guarantees them of genetic disorders. She is AKC certified, after all. Do not get fooled into believing she is a good reputable source. She is not and it has been brought out into the open by two different veterinarians that she knew from when Pippi was a puppy, being cared for by her, that her knees were faulty. I will do anything for my pet and I will get her the care she needs. At the beginning there were signs, but having Pomeranians in the past that have had knees that would pop in and out; it was a condition they lived with. Pippi was in perfect condition otherwise and I never knew or would ever imagine it would take one appointment to the vet, that she would be clinically diagnosed with level 4- luxating patellas, the worst she could have. Secret Garden Pomeranians leads on a false claim that they are trustworthy, reputable and honest. This is not true.

Mislead and fooled into believing this breeder is truthful and honest.

More Secret Garden Pomeranian Complaints & Reviews

Ania Schelde May 13, 2016

Hello, my name is Ania Schelde, I am a reputable breeder of Pomeranians (Secret Garden Pomeranian). I am being slandered by one of my past customers, Without contacting me. and checking my side of the story, this site allowed her post to be public. I am extremely disappointed, as this person acted very bad, calling me names ( I have screen shots saved )and requesting a coverage of her vet expenses. She never for over a year told me that the dog requited a surgery. My contract states that if a dog has a life threatening disease, I will replace it, but I am not responsible for any vet bills. The buyer read the contract and signed it when they puppy was going into her hands. My vet checked the puppy before she was leaving my house and did not find any problems with the dog's patellas or any other systems. The buyer took the dog to her vet after she received it, and her vet stated that the dog was in a perfect condition, which I have in writing, which means the luxating patella was an acquired condition, after the dog was purchased by Mimi Nelson . The dog has no life threatening disease and the surgery that the buyer wants me to cover is elective, and not caused by genetic disorder. I feel its very unfair allowing to post such scam in public. The buyer threatened me in writing she will destroy my reputation if I don't cover her veterinary expenses. I am asking for removing the post,
    Sincerely, Ania Schelde

• Skylasnow May 16, 2016

No, what you are doing is covering yourself. I have never threatened you. You took it upon yourself to further the discussion we had and create what you say I did to you, a form of slander. What you are doing now, is slander. You told me you would take me to court if I slandered you. I have screen shots as well of the unprofessional words thrown at me from someone who owns a breeding company of a breed you claim, is your pride and joy. What a joke.
    To put it simply and to reveal your unethical practices; you brought not even a 2 week old litter to a home because the mom of the litter rejected them. You left them to go out of town and lost the whole litter. A litter mind you, that I was hoping to get a puppy from that I put a deposit down. That is not caring for what you claim is your pride and joy. If you'd like, I have that conversation too confirming this, from you. Someone who is diligent makes sure those puppies are being cared for, supplemented and monitored 24/7, around the clock. But instead, no, you left them in the hands of who knows who, probably someone who is lacking in their practice, just as much as you are. Do not threaten me with screen shots as I still have them as well.
    You claim my vet checked Pippi out and said she was in perfect condition when she was a puppy- this is a condition that Pippi has had since she was born and developed. Over and over I am told that this would have been caught by the vet who did her screening at 8 weeks of age. You can claim and say all you want. I never threatened you for anything because you chose to not stand behind your dogs. I simply told you that you that I do not want to invest in another Pomeranian after having Pippi's diagnosis; a genetic disposition of both patellas, confirmed. You chose to give me my deposit back for a puppy I never got because it passed away under your lack of supervision. There was no hesitation in you sending me my refund which you state you do not issue- why? Maybe because once you saw the imaging, which was clear as day you could not argue the fact that her Level 4 luxating patellas would need surgery on. It is an optional procedure, but I am one who really does love her pets and will do anything to give them the life they deserve. If I did not act on this while Pippi is still young, it was heavily brought up that she would develope arthritis at a very young age and would cause fragility in her. I have pride and joy in my pets. You breed them and are about the dollar. Period.
    You over and over scrutinized me when I brought the information forth from what two different veterinarians told me. I did not ever expect you to pay for the surgery, but instead put forth an offer to just maybe, refund half or not all of Pippi's expense.

• Skylasnow May 17, 2016

For reference, yes, I am, Amanda/Mimi Nelson. And to correct my last sentence, to clarify "Pippi's expense"; what I was simply asking was, if you would have been willing to reimburse me for some of the purchase price for Pippi. As I have found out, that is what most reputable breeders will do. I have spoken with many breeders who all say the same. Thank you.

Ania 21 Jun 15, 2016

If Pippi had a luxating patella that was a genetic disorder, you should not have been waiting till she was over one year old to notify me about it. You were contacting me and updating me on her progress multiple times, not even once mentioning about her legs. You were just saying how healthy and smart she was! My vet wanted to see her, you said no! I wanted to help you to find a good vet to do the surgery!!! You said NOOO!!! My vet suspects it was an acquired condition that occurred by allowing her to jump when she was a puppy. It can damage the best patellas. Except for you I had no customer who would not be satisfied with a puppy from my kennel. You wanted to buy another puppy from me and you didn't speak up a word that the first one had problems. How clever is it to wait until the dog is older and then to slender someone... You accuse me of leaving my litter with someone else and not taking care of it by myself ???? I did everything I could to save them, that is why I left them there, what DO YOU KNOW ????? You have a nerve to mention about something like this without even knowing any details or anything about breeding. You are such a child supporting your lame claim with my puppies that I lost. You are a rude person who called me a RAT, and you told me to go to the GUTTER, just because I refused to fall for your lies. I had to block my number because you were insulting me steadily . You are very immature Mimi Nelson, I regret I sold you a dog. I warned multiple breeders not to sell to you. My door is open to anybody who wants to check my reputation, My customers visit me frequently and leave for me wonderful reviews. I pray Pippi is receiving care she deserves, and next time before purchasing a puppy, if you will, learn a little bit more about it's care!

Ania 21 Jun 15, 2016

I sent you a deposit back, because I wanted you to put it towards Pippis surgery. Not because I wanted to cover anything up. You have to mature Mimi, and stop acting like a child. You make yourself sound ridiculous. I am very sorry that Pippi got to a house where her owner didn't know hot to take a proper care of her when she was a puppy...

Ania 21 Jun 15, 2016

Mimi, you are trying to support your lame complaint with accusing me to be a bad breeder as I left my rejected puppies with another's breeder dam. How childish and immature is this???? Obviously you know nothing about breeding, because if you did, you would know this is the best way to try to safe them . I did everything I could to save them!!! You were contacting me multiple times updating me on Pippis progress, not even once you mentioned that she was having knee problems. The only things I heard were how wonderful she was, how smart and how healthy! You waited over a year to finally tell me she was having problems...RED FLAG! I offered to find a vet who would do the surgery, I wanted to ask my vet for second opinion, buy you said NO! You called my A RAT, you told me to go to THE GUTTER WHERE I BELONG!!! I had to block your messages because I had enough being insulted and harassed! My vet not being able to perform an exam on Pippi, suspects that it was an acquired condition from jumping when she was a young puppy. I am sorry I sold you her, I thought you were a responsible person, not a spoiled, rotten child. I just hope Pippi has care she deserves for, I love my dogs and I stand behind them, but I will not be a victim of your scam. All my customers except for you are 100% satisfied, they leave me wonderful reviews and update me on theirs dogs progress. My door is open to anyone who would like to check my reputation. Please take care of Pippi, if for any reason you don't want her because of her condition caused by your lack of knowledge, I will be happy to take her back.

• Skylasnow Jun 16, 2016

Also, to inform you, my Pippi Pendle has had a successful surgery and thankfully she got away from you. I have the text of you chastising me saying I could have created this. You know better, after all, you stole Pippi's name and used it for one of your own dogs. Copying is the best form of flattery.

Ania 21 Jun 16, 2016

People must read and laugh . I stole your dog's name form my dogs? How many Pippis do I have you think? Did you buy copyright for this name "Pippi". Btw, I have no dog with that name... cute I must admit. This dog came from my kennel, so what kind of flattery is it???? You are twisting all facts. What is wrong with you child? Let audience judge you. I am not going to say anything else, your words speak for you.

• Skylasnow Jun 16, 2016

Spin your tales all you want. I'm done with you.

• Skylasnow Jun 16, 2016

You know what, it was around Pippi's 3 month checkup that it was documented about her knees. And yes, Ania I did mention it to you. I did not know the extent of it until Pippi was older that she clearly had a disability. Pippi has never jumped off anything. Since she was a puppy she would never exert herself, she obviously knew she did not have the mobility to do so. I am only so glad that Pippi ended up in my arms because I will make sure she gets the life she deserves. You only wanted her to be seen by your vet because you claimed I could get her procedure done at a cheaper rate. Well, you're 3 & 1/2 hours away, to put it simply. You changed your number not from me but from someone else who has reported you to be unethical in your practices. I said what I wanted and had to say for the sake of Pippi and I let it rest. I did not flood your phone or continue a pointless argument that would go unresolved anyway. Recheck your facts before you come at me for only trying to help my companion. You can tell whoever you want to not sell me a puppy; I have the only dog I could ever want. She's the most precious puppy I have ever had. And, yes, I did call you a rat and told you to go back to the gutter you crawled out of because you insinuated that I did it to Pippi. How horrible for a breeder to have that frame of thought. I come from a higher class than you and you should be ashamed of yourself. That's the fact of the matter. And yes, you told me, "I will have to have a Pippi one day, " well I'm sorry you named yours "Pipi" Pee-Pee. Poor thing.

Ania 21 Jun 24, 2016

All your replies just tell me how immature you are. You try to ridicule me and honestly you ridicule yourself with your remarks about me naming my dog same name as yours, me spelling my dogs name Pee-pee, etc. You love your Pippi, and I am happy about it. She is the most wonderful? Well her first 8 weeks she spent here, socializing with me, and getting TLC, don't forget about it. If I haven't cared care about her, you would not have such a wonderful dog. You are not a higher class than I am, anybody who says something like this lacks confidence . Intelligent people don't brag about such matters. I told you Pippi not Pee-pee was luxating patella free when she left, I told you that I don't give guarantee on patellas as this can be acquired easily by trauma to a young knee caps. She didn't have to jump off things, just jumping up and down could damage her fragile knees, but I know you will never admit it. I wish you and Pippi the best. I am sorry you are a person who loves public drama. One day when you grow up maybe you will realize that slandering a person who strives to produce the best dogs, and loves dogs more than anything is not right.

Ania 21 Jun 24, 2016

I think your attempts to ridicule me, really ridicule you ... No mature and intelligent person would bring such things as dog's name, her class status against the other person...It only makes me wonder how insecure you are, that you have to reach for such weapons. I am glad you love Pippi and she is all you want. Please don't forget whose breeding she is, who was socializing her and loving her before you got her. If not my TLC you would not have such wonderful dog. I don't think there is another breeder as much involved in her dogs life as I am. I know you will never admit you caused her pattelar damage ( I am sure it was not done or purpose), people like you don't admit their mistakes and look to blame other people. People like you look for drama, for pity, for revenge, this is why you wrote the post on the most scammed website. I hope you and Pippi have a wonderful life together, I am sorry about her patellar damage, I, just like you care about my dogs health. But once again, patellar damage is caused by trauma in many cases, and you will have to accept it, and stop blaming and slandering me.

Ania 21 Jun 27, 2016

By trying to ridicule me Mimi, you really ridicule yourself... You bring my dog's names as your weapon agains me... how mature is that... I am happy you love your dog and his is all you want. But don't ever forget who she came from. I am a reputable breeder who by raising her the proper way made her outgoing, sociable, and lovable. By breeding the best quality dogs I achieved the way she looks. You are very wrong, breeders don't give guarantee on patellas, as this condition is in many cases acquired, just like in your Pippi's case. I am not expecting you finally grow up and face the fact that you ruined her legs...You contradict yourself stating that your dog is the most precious puppy, and then bashing me, her breeder, who put huge effort to make her the way she is. I forgive you. Have a happy time with this precious girl. Good luck!

• Skylasnow Jun 28, 2016

Pippi is wonderful and no credit to YOU. She came to me and found solace in a caring home unlike where she was. I have two different veterinarian doctors at different clinics that have both stated the same- YOU knew about Pippi's patellas and you sold her anyway. SHAME on you, but thank god Pippi came to me. You speak like she is a human being- you did not bore her into this world you crazy woman. YOU are not the kind of breeder you portray yourself to be- you're a phony and a scammer. You say I bring forth weapons? Why don't you stop with the crutch and stop telling my to grow up. Why do you say this? Maybe because I have more knowledge and wisdom than you and am half your age? Ok, fine so be it you bitter thing. Pippi came to me calm mannered she really wasn't outgoing - FACT of the matter. She is very smart and intelligent; again, of course she is from the time spent with me. You're fooling yourself. You are sick minded. I would ruin her legs and then thousands of dollars to have them fixed!?! Are you crazy? Take what I said and spin it how you want. You deserve everything I said and more. When someone is as unruly and dishonest as you, of course I'm going to defend and expose you for what you are. Some things are factual in life and yes, some are hard to grip. You're in denial and are negligent as a breeder and do not know how to conduct yourself. And, that is an outright LIE- you never said anything about her patellas. You can keep responding all you want. I am done. I said what I had to say. You are not reputable. Pippi is precious because of ME not YOU. Get it straight. It made my stomach sick that Pippi had to go through such an invasive surgery like that. If you look in the mirror everyday and can face yourself each day in denial of your unethical practices then so be it. You have to live it with and karma comes around sooner or later in one's life so good luck with that.

Comments

Margaret Benton Aug 01, 2016

I accidently walked on this post. I had been an AKC judge for over 20 years, as well as a dog breeder. Now retired. What is Miss Nelson trying to do is a public slender, I agree with the breeder, and I am standing behind her a 100%. Breeders, reputable or nor, DO NOT give a guarantee on patellas after the dog leaves their premises. This condition is very often acquired, and not necessarily hereditary . Vets usually tell us what we want to hear, and they like money. I am assuming you are a very young and inexperienced person. I would never post anything like this in public, this is just not right. You should be happy you were able to find such a wonderful and carrying person like Miss. Schelde. If only you knew what kind of breeders are out there... Too bad nobody writes novels like this one about them. I called miss Schelde, after viewing her website and visiting her FB page, and I had a very nice conversation with her. She is sorry she has no contact with the puppy she produced. Your dog is one of the very few she lost a contact with. We talked about her breeding program and about her plans. I hope to see her dogs in a show ring one day. as they are absolutely beautiful. I hope whoever reads this review, will not be misled by an over demanding and angry customer.

Margaret Benton' Aug 01, 2016

I accidently walked on this post. I had been an AKC judge for over 20 years, as well as a dog breeder. Now retired. What is Miss Nelson writing is a public slender, I agree with the breeder, and I am standing behind her a 100%. Breeders, reputable or nor, DO NOT give a guarantee on patellas after the dog leaves their premises. This condition is very often acquired, and not necessary hereditary . Vets tell us what we want to hear, and of course they love money. I am assuming you are a very young and inexperienced person . I would never post anything like this in public . You should be happy that you found such a fine and reputable breeder. You have no idea what kind of breeders are out there. Too bad nobody writes such novels about them. After viewing her website and visiting her FB page, I called Miss. Schelde and I had a nice conversation with her. We talked about her breeding program and future plans. I hope to see her dogs in a ring one day. They are beautiful. She is sorry she lost contact with your dog, while speaking with her, I could tell how much she cares about those dogs. Your dog is one of very few ones born in her house that she has no contact with. But the dog is yours now, maybe one day you will regret . I hope that whoever reads this complaint will not base their opinion about this fine breeder on a review of an angry, unrealistic child.

• Mr
    mrasmussen Aug 10, 2017

@Margaret Benton' I find it funny you are stating this is not a hereditary problem. Judging by Pippi's picture a I feel my daughter's Pom purchased from Ania is from the same genes. My daughters dog was found to have this same problem. When my daughter contacted Ania she refused to refund any money to help cover the cost of surgery.
    I purchased a puppy from Ania and thankfully have had no issues. Ania raised her rate by $500 less than a year after my purchase so my daughter ended up paying almost double what I did for a puppy that I could tell upon pick up was going to be well over 15 pounds. Her puppy is not a unique color either so I found the price to be insane. Of course she was already bonded having waited months for her new baby.
    I am not young and have owned and breed dogs all my life. Never have I had any health issues. I feel if I had better costumer service would have prevented these posts.

• Ta
    Tata Angelo Aug 02, 2016

Hey Amanda, Mimi or whoever you are. we just got a third puppy from Ania, and we couldn't be more happy. She is a wonderful breeder, and your whining here will not change anything. When you buy a dog you take responsibility on yourself. So stop telling everyone here what kind of heroic things you do! Because you don't .We are reading your posts, and all I can say is that you are very S*****. Someone who offends other person in public is worth nothing to me. You just look bad. No, you don't have more knowledge and wisdom than this breeder, but you have more rudeness thats for sure.

• Skylasnow Aug 02, 2016

This breeder, Ania Schelde, will go to great measures and extremes to protect her "perfect" rating as she says. She had done nothing but fool and mislead buyers into her scam in which she practices. I have a right to share my experience to the public- that's the fact of the matter when you own a business. It is not slender when you are writing a review to caution others, before they get roped into buying a puppy from Secret Garden Pomeranians. It's ironic how 'Secret' is apart of the name- everything about the inner workings are a secret scam, hidden from sight until you dig deeper and delve into separating the facts from the fictions ways, Ania Schelde, operates her business. There is a google review posted by me and there's an account with my same name modified, apologizing for the review I wrote. The kind of shady deceitful ways this breeder has is shameful. Shame on her. Wow, that is all I have to say- Wow.

Tony Angelo Aug 03, 2016

Amanda you are pitiful!!! And you are getting very famous about it. My wife and I love the 3 dogs we got from ania, every single review that she has is 5 star except for yours. Get yourself life! Stop this ### or life will kick your ### one day . You are the most ridiculous person I heard about. What is wrong with you girl???? You should be publicly apologizing here for your lousy posts. This dog should be taken away from you, you are unstable.

• Mr
    mrasmussen Aug 10, 2017

@Tony Angelo I purchased a pom from Ania and had wonderful luck with my little guy. However when my daughter was ready to purchase a puppy I suggested she go with Ania. My daughters puppy also has luxating patellas. My daughter contacted Ania for a partial refund to help cover the surgery. Ania told her the same thing as Mrs. Nelson. Seeing the picture of Nelson's puppy I feel they could of came from the same father if not mother. Ania needs to stop litters using this genetic line.

Tony Angelo Aug 03, 2016

You write reviews than you deny it, you think people will believe you after they read your offensive crap? You are the one who is a problem, not the breeder. She has over 1000 followers who love her and her dogs, She is the most knowledgeable, companionate and loving breeder. You are one mean person who has no life. I am telling you, GET ONE!!! You want people believe in you lies, well guess what, nobody will, because from your posts we all can tell what kind of person you are. As the matter of fact I gave this link to many of my friends, couple of them already purchased a pom from Ania, so they can read and comment on your stupid post.

• Na
    Natalie Christianson Aug 03, 2016

I adopted a puppy from Ania 2 months ago. Your post Amanda was the first one I found before I found Ania's website. I must say thank you to you. Because of your very disrespectful and hateful post I decided to investigate more about Ania's breeding practices. I live in CA, but I was able to take time from work and meet her and her dogs. I fell in love in every single one of them and I am honored to have a puppy from one of her breeding. Healthy, well socialized, and beautiful, everything I wished for. People like you will not charm good ones.

Tony Angelo. Aug 03, 2016

My name is Tony Angelo and I am Tara's husband. My first post for some reason didn't go through, maybe because I really told you in it what I think about people like you Amanda. You are pathetic, get yourself life and leave this breeder alone. We all stand behind her 100%, you are pathetic, you lie, you make stories. We know Ania personally, we know her dogs. You wanted money for something you did to your dog. Now you lie to blame it on Ania. Just reading your posts make me sick. PITIFUL !!!

Patty J Gunter Aug 04, 2016

This breeder is 100% reputable, as the matter of fact she won the best breeder award of 2016. Amanda, you can't prove your point, these are just your speculations. Every reputable breeder including this one takes puppies to the vet to be checked before they live their house. I went on her website, you had 72 hours to take your dog to the vet . Instead you waited a year... She states clearly on her website t what disorders are covered, and how much time you have to inform her. If you signed the contract, you should shut your mouth and stop your pointless battle. You are not right in this case, yet your language and attitude is very disturbing.
    Excellent breeder, excellent dogs, congratulations Ania, you deserved the reward you got!
    Amanda, best wishes, I hope you get your marbles together.

Patty J Gunter Aug 04, 2016

I apologize for a typo in a post above!!!

• De
    DebbieCook Sep 22, 2016

Amanda, no breeder will refund you money after having a dog for a year due to patella problem! This is a condition that can be easily acquired during puppyhood. You should not be bashing this breeder, she looks like a very caring, honest and reputable breeder to me! I saw her involvement in many pom groups and charity .

• As
    Ashley Williams86 Nov 19, 2016

After much searching and almost getting scammed we finally found Ania at Secret Garden Pomeranian. We were given the option to come visit her home. We gave our deposit after a Skype conversation. Our beautiful girl was born on New Year's Eve. We picked her up at the end of February. She was/is perfect! We took her to the vet and she is healthy. To say that you never let your dog jump is bullcrap. My dog has jumped and yelped. You can't control everything they do. I am very happy to have found Ania. If/when I get another Pom I will be going through Secret Garden Pom. I also recommend her to everyone! She loves her babies and takes amazing care of them. She stays in contact and is always there to answer an questions. (And I took full advantage of it...) Don't listen to one nasty person that is bitter. I fully believe that this happened on her watch. It can happen to anyone. (Not saying it was on purpose) But Ania would have never let the puppy go to its new home without it being healthy. I gave her a 5***** review and I'd do it all over again!

Comments

Pamela Rea May 18, 2017

I totally agree with amanda.I was doomed by ania and ripped off..we had a contract and she breeches it...we agreed on a partial refund and she never sent it then blocked me from face book.she us a scammer, only interested in your money not the health of the pups...she is running an undercover puppy mill, , then threatens people who speak up against what she is doing by saying she is, a valued person in her community. So the f what.like I give a rats ###..what's that suppose to make me do run and hide hell no.I will let everyone know what a scam artist she is...u can bank on that...

• Ms
    MsHufflePuff Nov 27, 2018

I’m so confused why someone who allegedly loves their puppy so much would wait over a year to have their dog examined by a vet. The post says it was diagnosed “after 1 vet visit” so makes no sense unless the dog was never seen by a vet after purchase OR the dog didn’t have this condition as a puppy. You should probably take this as a lesson learned and always have any new pet examined by your vet within 1-3 days after you get them, regardless of origin. All good breeders, including Ania, recommend this and typically have it listed in their contracts.