Save on Resorts TechnologyPresentation

B Jun 06, 2019

I gave up 2 hours of work to attend their 90 minute presentation with my husband 6/6/19. They advertised "Free" gifts for listening, and I was curious what they had to offer. While not a timeshare, the cost to join is comparable. If you have several weeks to travel each year, you MIGHT be able to make it pay for itself, assuming the prices they were quoting were true. It wouldn't have worked for us. It doesn't offer discounts on air travel or meals (our biggest expenses since we often stay with family), but primarily cruises and accommodations. They were up front in saying the gifts were through 3rd party providers. That's where the transparency ended. The "gifts" were (1) round trip airfare for 2 and 2 nights hotel accommodations, (2) a $300 Restaurant Certificate (singular) and (3) a $50 Visa card if you arrived at least 10 minutes early (we did). Bishop from Branson, our presenter, told us we needed only register the certificates by the expiration date (30 days) and could be used in the next 12 months. He failed to mention there was a non-refundable processing fee of $50 and COST of $199 PER PERSON for taxes, etc. $448 is not free. The Restaurant certificate was actually 12 $25 certificates for which you had to remember to log in each month to receive the certificate. Furthermore, "possible conditions" were an automatic 18% gratuity added (not a problem since I typically tip 20%) and $50 minimum food purchase. I can't remember the last time we ran up a $50 tab for the two of us. There was also a $29.95 processing fee attached to this "free" gift. Finally, we were offered the early arrival gift, however, you needed to send a request form in order to receive a $25 prepaid card and then, upon receipt, submit another request for the additional $25. Bishop said he thought this was an unnecessary hassle and offered a "much better deal" in $500 of savings credits to a nice variety of hotel chains. When I registered the savings code, I discovered the credits were applied to reduce the "regular" price of accommodations. The "savings" were applied in small increments. I was able to find much better prices through other travel sites. While some of the representations skirted the truth, Bishop clearly LIED saying the $500 savings credits was a better deal than the $50 in prepaid Visa cards I could have received. Stating that we need only "register" the other certificates was a half truth. He was good in his wording, and I should have read the small print before leaving (wouldn't have done any good because I'm sure they had nothing else to offer), but I did my part in having an open mind and was totally taken advantage of. At least we actually received the items promised in other presentations we've attended. I'm disgusted by their practices. Thankfully, we weren't stupid enough to buy into the service.