Santa Barbara Tax Products Group LLCtax refund - omitting a number in my checking account

N

Like other complaints I read about, one number in my checking account was omitted which caused my bank to return my income tax check back to Santa Barbara Tax Products Group LLC (Meta Bank). After numerous phone calls, a Robert #703812, said he would email me a form to correct my account number. I had called him at 6:08pm central time. I waited by my computer for an hour and no email - calling back they were closed. I called again at 7am their opening time and was told an email could take up to 24 hours to receive and that my check had already been returned by mail (receive in 5-7 business days). The lady I spoke with did email the form which I got in about 5 minutes. I called back again to see if they could stop payment on the check and I would fax them this form and information to get the funds wired back into my checking account. Of course, I was told this was not possible. So the email stating I had my income tax check already deposited was incorrect and in good faith I did write checks to put me in a negative balance in my checking account. Although I have no proof, other than other posted email complaints and my own situation, I am led to think this could be a scam to collect interest on my money. If a lot of people have the same problem, it could be a sizeable amount of money to get interest on. Now I am in a position where I have no money until I receive my mailed check, a negative checking account balance and probably will have checks returned which will do more damage. Being an older person, I can remember when bankers were looked up to and one could put full trust in them. In years past, a banker would call and get a problem like this corrected with a phone call - beware.

• Wy
    Wynetta Harris Mar 08, 2016

The IRS sent my check out in February, this bank still have my refund on hold sent drivers license, about two weeks ago, still calling android my refund is still on hold, WTF I need my money,

• Did same to me! I'm suing them, turbo, and intuit. I'll be on the news tonight. I'll take this to CNN

• St
    step1984 Jun 07, 2017

@Won't let turbo tax get away with it what became of this issue?

• Ar
    Arynnanderson Feb 16, 2020

This company is holding my tax refund and won't give answers as to why I haven't received it yet! They won't even acknowledge that they have it! I have already contacted the IRS and they sent the money to them! They avoid letting you speak to a person and send generic emails that don't answer any questions.

• Dy
    Dynesha Johnson Mar 04, 2020

I was supposed to receive 3747 instead I have 1649.12!!! That is definitely not the right amount and I want to know where the rest of my money go?! This is ridiculous, I know my state tax was being held but not my federal tax I need full refund!