Samsung Electronics Logo

Samsung Electronics

Having problems with Samsung Electronics?

1800 726 7864 (USA and Canada)
8800 555 5555 (Russia)
444 7711 (Turkey)
1800 228 899 (Malaysia)
1800 588 855 (Vietnam)
1800 726 7864 (Mexico)
+82 222 550 114 (South Korea)
+44 330 726 7864 (United Kingdom)
+61 130 042 5299 (Australia)
+64 800 672 6786 (New Zealand)
+32 22 012 418 (Belgium)
+45 70 701 970 (Denmark)
+31 889 090 100 (Netherlands)
+351 808 207 267 (Portugal)
+41 800 726 7864 (Switzerland)
+852 36 984 698 (Hong Kong)
+63 24 222 111 (Philippines)
+65 69 161 261 (Singapore)
+27 860 726 7864 (South Africa)
+94 115 900 000 (Sri Lanka)
+66 26 893 232 (Thailand)
+54 800 555 7267 (Argentina)
129, Samsung-ro, Yeongtong-gu, Suwon-si

Evert van de Beekstraat 310, 1118 CX Schiphol

Japan
Iidabashi Grand Bloom, Iidabashi, 2-10-2 Fujimi, Chiyoda-ku , Tokyo 102-0071

Complaints & Reviews

won't replace phone under warranty with manufacturer defect

I am outraged to discover samsung won’t replace my cell phone due to the port breaking. I own another cingular samsung flip phone where the port broke as well. Your warranty evidently has a & ldquo;loop-hole” where a manufacturer defect is blamed on the consumer!

I first called phone repair to ask them what & ldquo;f-84” meant and why this isn’t considered a & ldquo;manufacturer defect” and how is the port breaking considered & ldquo;abuse”. Not one person I spoke with could explain this comment nor understood the technician’s decision of abuse and explain how it is not a manufacturer’s defect. They transferred me to the escalation department supervisor on duty, angeli.

She didn’t know what f-84 meant nor could she explain anything other than repeatedly reciting to me the & ldquo;all or nothing warranty”; once the phone is sent in for repair and is found to be non-repairable, the product cannot be serviced and therefore simply sent back to the consumer. There was nothing she could tell me about replacement of the phone other than writing to corporate office. After debating my point for over 20 minutes, she finally transferred me to the ecr dpt. When I asked her why she didn’t do that in the first place instead of telling me to write to corporate, she told me this was standard procedure. Interesting?

I spoke with supervisor tiffany, at ecr department. She mentioned she had just discussed this same problem with another customer. She explained that with the code: & ldquo;f-84, pad lifted at charger port” this is due to the consumer pushing too hard when plugging in charger and is not covered under their warranty. She was informative and pleasant but after hearing my story, said this is samsung policy and nothing she could do.

My argument to samsung regarding this decision, is that people naturally would tend to slightly push the charger into the port if they were having connecting issues and this shouldn’t constitute & ldquo;undue stress or abuse” to the phone. If doing this for more than several times bends and/or lifts the inside pad, then this indicates the beginnings of the port breaking and should be considered a & ldquo;port manufacturer defect”.

Given address to send complaint letter to richardson, tx but corporate is in ridgefield park, nj. Want specific persons name to send to. Does anybody know who manager of communication & device solutions or mobile phone division at samsung?

• Ml
    mlk Mar 18, 2009

I am having the EXACT same problem with Samsung - word for word. I don't understand how a person can "abuse" a phone by simply plugging it into the charger. Disgusting.

I filed a complaint with my state attorney general's office. Not sure it will get me anywhere, but at least it puts Samsung on notice with the AGO, which could help someone else in the future. Anyway, the address I have for Texas is: 1301 East Lookout Drive, Richardson, TX 75082. Not sure who you address it to though. Good luck!!

problem in beat 450 cellphone

Dont you ever buy any cell phones of samsung company especially that is launched in india... As you coulld be fooled with their services and products... They dont know the requirement of customers and the value of customers money... They only know about the making profit... I have purchased the product 4 months before and now the i'm facing many problems such as the battery backup, headset problem, image quality, hardware problems such as port problems, hanging of cell phone restarting unneccessarily... It really suck when such kind of things happens with the product that you purchase by paying a big amount... And in return the technical team responds you saying its a physical damage... Tell them to mention what are the criterias, ways and causes of physical damage while buying the product evene if it is in warranty period... So my suggestion to all the indian never buy the samsung cellphones as they dont give any kind of proper services but only the fake warranty of the product... To save your vaulable, precious money dont you ever buy the samsung mobile...

bad service

I purchased a plasma samsung television less than a year ago. The sound broke down 3 weeks ago. Rang samsung...

the secret of losing your customer

let me tell you an example of why you loose your customers. and I have experienced that of my own. I am...

glass breaks/dangerous

We bought a samsung fridge at best buy about 2 years ago. We were packing to move into our new home. My...

hard disk warranty

Hi, had purchased 7, 40 gp samsung hdd from mumbai. After that I had a problem in 3 hard disk. Then I had given my hard disk to samsung service center on 27, jan 2009, at lamington road express digital system. They told me come after fiffteen days get the replacement but after 15 I have been get my hard disk back by replacement, but after 15 days express digital system they have no stock of 40 gb hdd.

• Ra
    RahulDas2007 Sep 05, 2009

Similar problem I also had . I have a 80GB HDD which conked off . I went to Samsung service centre at Gurgaon which told me, I have two choices (a) either handover at Gurgaon -- it will take 30 days for replacement OR (b) go to Nehru Place Samsung service centre -- which will replace in a week .
    I left it at the gurgaon service centre and called up after 25 days to enquire wheher the replacement has arrived . The SC told me, I have to wait for 30 days, so when I caled again onb 32nd day, I was told the hard disk has arrived ( in fact a bunch of HDD has arrived ) but they are waiting for Head office advice to handover as serial no matching ( defective VS replacement HDD) is yet to arrive from HO . One week of regular followup yielded nothing, the guys refused to even tell me HO address and contact person name .
    After a week ( total 40 days since I have handed over the HDD ), I called up one of my friend from the industry ( working with another consumer electronics company in a senior position ) who in turn called up his counterparts in Samsung and miracle occured ---- within one hour everything was sorted out and I got ( repeated ) calls to pick up my HDD.

Also I had a Samsung AC which is 7 years old and hardly used for last 4 years . I sent it for servicing as cooling was not effective . But I was told it is unserviecable that is the base is 'corroded' and no longer available.

So guys beware of Samsung .

defective unit

Purchased a blu-ray player... That was defective out of the box. Husband called electrozone... Requesting an...

never buy a sumsung tv

Me and my partner bought a Sumsung LCD 3 months ago. When we first brought it home and unpacked it the plastic around the tv was distorted and melted looking, we returned it and got another. On the 2nd Jan 2009 our Tv said check fan 2 on the screen and then over heats and turns itself off after 10 minutes. It is useless. We have a 5yr warranty and called samsung and they said it is such a common problem so they didnt need to come to our house because they knew what to do. They told us we would need to wait 2 weeks for the parts to arrive from Japan to fix the tv...it has now been 5 weeks...still no tv. I have called Samsung numerous times and the good guys where we bought it from and both partys have promised calls back that we have never recieved. You would think if it was a common problem that they would have the parts in australia ready on hand for when everyones samsungs overheat after they spend $2500, this is a far stretch for a student like myself to pay. My partners parents bought an LG LCD that broke, LG came and fixed it the next day...I know what brand i should buy next time...

poor after sale service

I have purchase the tv on24/11/2008 from gupta electronics east rohtash nagar shahdara delhi 32. It has colours problem and sound problem. I made a complants on 7/12/2008. No [protected]. My tv sends to service station on 12/12/2008. It’s come back on 20/12/2008. But problem is still exist. On complant once again tv picked up by service centre on 22/12/2008. I am very upset by all this process. Now please change my tv. I should not accept repair tv.

Till date I have no response. Service center persons tolled me that there is no time limit it takes more then one months. I can not accept this type of service from samsung. I mail many times and call customer care and service center many times but all in vain. I have no option to complaints in consumer court.

Pradeep kumar
[protected]
K-14/3 s no 16
West ghonda
Delhi 53

broken and they refused to respond

Inferior craftmanship! Couldn't get any assistance from samsung! Refused to assist with lost food due to...

black friday fraud

I am getting the same run around from sears. I purchased this washer and dryer pair and am now not able to recieve it. They told me at the time of purchase that I would not be able to recieve it untill Feb 2009 and that was fine by me. Now I am told I can not recieve it at all. The washer and dryer combo options that they want to replace it with is a joke. The replacement washer and dryers offered are reguler price what I paid for the samsung on sale. Sears knew they could not fulfill these orders yet they took our money. Sears needs to take resposibility and offer a comperable (same size, same original price!!) washer in dryer in its place. Does anyone know legally what can be done email me [protected]@ymail.com???

• Tx
    tx0204 Feb 14, 2009

Did Sears ever make this right for you? I am experiencing the same issue and was wondering how Sears resolved this for you.

Resolved Black friday ad fraud $999 for pair

On black friday 11/28/08 I purchased the samsung washer/dryer combo pair at the bf ad price of $999.98. I wa...

Resolved defective refrigerator

Purchased a new samsung side by side refrigerator 2.4 years ago. 9 months ago, the water filter exploded!...

Resolved no service = lousy service

Purchased a T260HD LCD monitor 8/29/2008 from NewEgg.com. October 6th, called Samsung to report that the picture was all washed out and that I would like to get the unit repaired or replaced (Transaction # [protected]). Wow... nice service people - looks like this will go well.

Three weeks later (umm... nice service people???), called back on a weekend and spoke with Shawn. He stated that Samsung had no units available to ship me so they would process a refund of the purchase. Someone was supposed to have called and let me know this but didn't. He said I had to call back on Monday and ask for the ECR (Executive Customer Relations) department so the refund could be processed. I uploaded my purchase order from NewEgg with Shawn's assistance for proof of purchase to the Samsung site.

Things are moving slowly but moving. I miss having a good picture on my TV so I went ahead and ordered another T260HD from Amazon (hind site being 20/20, I wish I hadn't).

Called back on Monday 10/27/2008 and spoke with Karen in the ECR department. She said I would be receiving an email with the return authorization and that it would take 14 to 21 days to process the refund after they received the faulty unit. Great!... finally getting somewhere!

Checked email every day for the next 3 weeks... no RA number from Samsung. Called back 11/21/2008 and spoke to Tyler. He resubmitted the request for refund to the mysterious people who approve of such things... said they don't have direct phone lines to them so all he could do was send another email request. I thanked him for his time and began to wonder if Samsung ever intended to refund my money.

Thinking that the squeaky wheel gets the oil, I decided to call twice a week until this is resolved. The must get a lot of this. Read on...

Called again 11/24/2008 and was sent again to the ECR department hold line (as usual). After about 80 minutes on hold, hung up and called back. Sent to ECR hold again. Hung up after another 45 minutes on hold. Now I'm furious... but still powerless. I have my new TV and it still works fine but the bad unit is still sitting on the floor, in the box, awaiting an email / RA number from Samsung. At this point, I essentially have $1100 in a functioning $500 TV.

11/26/2008 -Found a direct number to the ECR department [protected]) in another forum where some other poor customer was putting up with Samsung's poor service. Now they don't have my transaction number until I am talking to someone in the ECR department. Got the same story as last call... all Rachel from the ECR department could do was resend the email request to the mysterious approving authority. I voiced my dissatisfaction to Rachel who seemed unaffected by my complaints.

12/3/2008 - Still have to wait on hold for an average of 30 minutes but at least I get straight to the only people that have the power to send an email to the person/people that have the power to provide me with a stupid email with a return authorization and subsequent refund.

12/5/2008 - My hopes of getting a refund prior to Christmas and thus have some money to by gifts for my family have been dashed. Next step: call my credit card company and file a formal dispute to hopefully get a refund.

I already own a Samsung phone, two 22" computer monitors, an HD 32" CRT TV in my bedroom and now two T260HD monitors, one of which works.

I was going to purchase another T260HD for my kitchen and a 61" DLP rear projector for my living room in January/February to replace my aging Panasonic 50" rear projector LCD. Not happening...

I am now convinced that Samsung cares nothing about its customers and will therefore never purchase another of their products for the rest of my life. My friends, neighbors and family all consider me their technical adviser on electronics purchases... I will never again recommend Samsung products to them. Over just the next year, this will cost Samsung $10, 000 to $20, 000 in sales.

ECR now means Endless Customer Run-Around to me. Please do not purchase Samsung products.

Ray

• Me
    meangene Mar 07, 2009

I have just started (March 1st 2009) going though the same process and getting nowhere. I'm one week into my battle to get service on my 52"LCD TV. Bought extended warranty. Set is 7 months old. Check this story: They are perfectly willing to send a repair guy to my home, BUT THEY CAN'T FIND ANYONE (Authorized service Center) IN MY AREA THAT IS SIGNED ON WITH SAMSUNG.! I found one in less than 10 minutes after I was told that. Now they're talking two/five weeks before they can get this repair guy "In their system as a qualified tech" . Stay tuned.../gene

extended warranties

We purchased the samsung tv 14 months ago, and have had 3 projection bulbs to blow. Even though we paid for extended warranties, the first time, we had to drive 4o miles to pick up the bulb and then install it ourselves. The warranty is supposed to be for in-home service. The second time, the bulb was mailed to us and we had to again install it ourselves and pay the shipping to return the blown bulb. Each time we have had to be without a tv for approimately 3 weeks, we were told it would be much longer if we coose to have a technician to come ot our home to fix it. Phone calls get us nothing but the run-around. We are very dissatisified with the shoddy service we are receiving after paying extra for an extended warranty. No one returns our calls, and they cant give us an exact dare when they will come to fix the tv. This is unexcusably poor service! It relects badly not only on Samsung but on Brandsmart as well.

poor after sales service

After purchasing a 47" samsung tv ($1500) that needed a $500 repair only 3 1/2 years after purchase, I contacted samsung head office three times. Was totally ignored! I will never purchase another product with the samsung name... All they are interested in is the sale. Customer feedback/relations doesn't exist with this company.

• To
    Tommyfourth Mar 01, 2011

42" but after 3 years it just died. They used cheap parts in the power supply. It cost $300 to fix. It's a well known problem but Samsung will not step up and provide a fix. That's ok I simply won't buy anything made by Samsung.

• Tr
    Treatmeright Apr 26, 2011

Good luck to you.
    My new Samsung 3D plasma TV die after 42 days. I have been waiting for service since Dec 3, 2010 - 145 days ago. The "Service Call Center" is useless & lied constantly.
    On April 1st (day 120), someone from Samsung Electronics Canada called to offer me a Service Exchange. After another 25 days, nothing happens. She will not response to my phone messages & emails. Calling to the "Service Call Center" results in another 30+ minutes of lies. The person even told me they will have a NEW unit ship to me in 2 days.
    However, we are supposed to get a "RA Credit" issued to FutureShop to do an exchange locally. So many times they told us something are coming in 3 weeks, then they changed the story so I need to call the "Service Call Center" again. My service ticket: 4100774094
    Can you imagine 145 days without a TV, after you paid for it. I wish you luck.
    We as consumers have to come together to protect our rights.

• Je
    jerry walker May 30, 2011

we bought a ext 3 yaer warranty now we find out company is out of buisness.So i guess were stuck

noticed a defect on the inside frame

Noticed a defect on the inside of the frame surrounding the lcd tv, after numerous phonecalls an engineer from VISUAL FX turns up, no use, after 2 more visits the engineer comes back, leave a shoddy loan set covered in duct tape...takes the TV set away in a thin cotton sack, leans it against a car in the road while he unlocks his van!!
Try to get a straight answer from Samsung - no chance! no idea when TV's coming back, who's paying for it, NOTHING! The repair company contracted out by them are worse! Who know's when the TV will ever be coming back!

lcd tv screen

Dear distingushed sir,
I have bought an lcd tv of samsung (La40n71bx) on may 7, 2007 in the local electronics chain store, su ning electronics store, in chengdu, sichuan, china. It was installed in my house on juen 22, 2007. After not more than half an year, the screen of this tv turned black with only sounds of the programme. So we asked the after-selling service department of samsung in china to repair it. After three times' repairement it did not work at all. Then the headquater of the after-selling service department of samsung in beijing, china, offered a new screen for me for free on 26 december, 2007. But still after a short time just before the earthquake of this year the same problem occured again! At that time my husband informed the after-selling service department of samsung in china, and they advised us to continue to observe it. That's exactly before this year's earthquake happed in my province, sichuan, in the may of 2008. After the earthquake, when we calmed down we still noticed the problem once in a while. On the evnng of november 25, 2008, it totally turned into a blank with a little dark light on my tvsreen. I informed the after-selling service department of samsung in china of this bad news, they send a repairman the next day and the repairmen examinde my tv carefully with a conllusion that it was the problem of the screen again!
But this time the after-selling service department of samsung in beijing, china, refused to exchange a new and qualified lcd screen for me for free, because, as they insisted, the time of guarantee of my tv was expired. I doubted weather they referred to authorized three gurantees for the tv products. According to it, all the tv products should be guranteed a free repairment, or exchange afted three usesless repairment wihtin one year, and if some parts of the tv products have been exchanged, the time for the three gurantees should be renewed. That means my tv screen should be exchanged with a new one for free. But they insisted on charging me for a new one.
I have three questions:
1. Since there is no specific law to regulate the three gurantees for lcd tv products in china, to which law or rule does samsung refer ?What's more, according to it, all the tv produces should be guranteed a free repairment, or exchange afted three usesless repairment wihtin one year, and if some parts of the tv products have been exchanged, the time for the three gurantees should be renewed.
2. If samsung referrs to the normal tvproduces ' three gurantees law in china, samsung should be well aware of the regulations in this law that a color tv should be guranteed for one year, with its main parts such as display tube within at least 3 years. Since an lcd tv has no display tube, its lcd screen should be its main part as display tube to a color tv.
3. As the same problem has happend to the sme part of my lcd tv which was exchanged not more than one year ago, how could the after-selling service department of samsung in china calculated its gurantee time from the very beginning of the buying.
I stongly object to the policy and attitude of samsung towards its consumer! I strongly throw doubt on the quality of any samsung's products! I confirmly require samsung to exchange a new tv screen for me for free and also provede me an authorized written gurantee for the quality of it with a renewal of the gurantee time.
Yours sincerely,
Lisa
College of foreign languages
Sichuan university
Sichuan
P. R. C.

Jason Fang Jul 08, 2009

My story is almost the same as yours. My 32" Samsung got black after 3 month, on July 2008 they have to change a Samsung-made screen, the original one is made in Taiwan.

On July 2009, My "baby" cannot power on, LED on the power button blinking. I called Sumsung Beijing, they will not give me free service, I told them 1)why your machine can only work for 1 year, 2) why your m/c will get dead always on July, hottest days.
    My conclusion is your product must have defection on heatsunk.
    I rejected their changeable service, it should be free if proved to be a defection.
    I checked by myself, part of the Power board was burnt. I quickly brought 10 same ICs, why 10 pcs, as I think it will be damaged again for sure, I changed new ICs, test the temperture, CRAZY, one switcher IC is 70C and another Power IC is 77C, very hot, you cannot put your fingers on, stupid design!!!---no heatsunk for these hot ICs
    I cannot let my "baby" work hot like that, At first I want to use fan, but no room for the fan. Have to use heatsunk, I moved away some components arround these hot ICs to get enough clearance for the heatsunk, then made special heatsunk to fix on them.
    Now temperture is under 50C, I think my bad "baby" now is cool for the summer.

My conclusion is if you do not do anything to change their design, your samsung need to be repaired every year, mostly dead day is July --

jake6680 Aug 09, 2009

Also for my case.
    Last Dec 2008 I bought a 37-inch Samsung LCD TV. Some sort of a gift for myself. Then just last June 27, 2009 when I turn on the TV only the sound is functioning, then of course I done the regular diagnostic and retrieved the tv owner's manual for the troubleshooting but unfortunately it can't be fixed. Since its still under 1yr warranty I called up Samsung Customer hotline to report the issue, I tried to call up everyday to follow up and until now still no schedule on when they can repair my unit. It's really disappointing!

• Id
    Idej Jan 26, 2010

I bought a Samsung Blu-ray home theatre system HT-BD2R, in November 2008. It developed a fault (rejecting discs) recently. The Samsung workshop diagnosed (cost sixty pounds) a faulty mother-board (cost One Hundred and Eighty pounds) and suspected faulty loading board (no longer in production). I was advised to buy a new system. Since I am stuck with 7 SPEAKERS and a subwoofer that are still good, could anyone suggest a good substitute blu-ray dvd player that will compliment the good components that I still have? I WILL CERTAINLY NEVER BUY ANOTHER SAMSUNG PRODUCT AGAIN IF THIS ONE CANNOT BE FIXED.

A COMPANY THAT CANNOT SUSTAIN ITS PRODUCTS IS NOT FIT TO LIVE. GOOD RIDDANCE TO SAMSUNG!!!
    Kabb50

Scam

Congratulations ! i am pleased to announce to you that your email address has just won you Ј500, 000.00(gbp...

customer service not handling a warranty issue

I bought a samsung tv from sears in may 2008. It began failing to stay on in september. The tv is still in the 1 year manufacturer warranty period. I've been fighting with samsung customer support (Mainly their ecr - executive customer relations) to get it fixed or replaced. I've been told the faulty part is on back order with no delivery time in sight. Since this is the case I was told that the tv falls within samsungs guidelines for a replacement. Now, after 8 to 10 calls and continual run-a-rounds, a request has been sent for authorization for replacement. That is the second time I was told that, by the way. This process has been going on for over 6 weeks now and I have no confidence that samsung has any desire to replace my unit since now they'll have to do it with a newer model as mine is considered last years model.

After talking with multiple customer service reps I have observed that they are less than truthful. When I can get them to talk at length about their processes and failures from the last calls I usually get a "new" twist to the previous stories. I get conficting statements between reps and find there are "new" things that need to be done or things that were previously done wrong that will take 2 to 3 days and they will call back with a status. Well, big surprise - that call never comes and 2 to 3 days turns into 4 to 7 days before we go through the whole thing again with a "new" solution.

At this point the battle is still being waged with no end in sight.

My recommendation: do not buy a samsung product unless you are willing to throw it away when it breaks, because samsung makes it nearly impossible to get warranty issues resolved.

Marc1971 Dec 11, 2013

We have the same issue here in the Philippines. Samsung has same approach regarding warranty claim; therefore, the way they handle warranty claim is their international bad practice. Poor Samsung consumer...Samsung products are disposable products!!!

I agree with your recommndation: "Do not buy a Samsung product unless you are willing to throw it away when it breaks, because Samsung makes it nearly impossible to get warranty issues resolved."