Samsungcustomer service (lack of)

J

On 1/31/08 I purchased a samsung fpt5094 (50" plasma wireless tv) from a local tv & appliance store. On 7/1/08, this tv stopped working completely. We contacted this same dealer who referred us to samsung's toll free number on 7/2/08. We have since been referred to samsung's executive customer relations group at [protected]. We were told from the beginning by samsung that they had exactly 21 business days to try to repair this tv or we would get a replacement or refund. This tv has since been declared unrepairable by the consumer electronic service, which is samsung's repair center at [protected]. It has now been 28 working days without resolution. We have been without this tv for over 5 weeks. Samsung's customer service department has been unwilling to return our phone calls nor have they responded to our request for a full refund. We were told by samsung to provide the original bill of sale to start the refund process, but to date, they have not started this process. We financed this tv and are still paying on merchandise that is not operational. Over the course of these past 5 weeks, we have spoken to at least 20 different agents giving them the same details each and every time which shows there is no single point of ownership for our particular case #[protected]. Each agent has told us that we would receive a return phone call on the progress of our case. However, only one agent has called us back to inform us that we were receiving a refund. Obviously, this was not true. We also have this agent's message recorded on our phone as well as an e-mail document stating the same. We have been consistently requesting a refund and still are requesting a complete refund on this product without further delay. We have since filed a complaint with the bbb in trenton, nj

• Cr
    Craig Neuhoff Aug 13, 2008

I am currently going through this same issue. There has got to be a way to make this more known and expose Samsung to their unethical ways of customer service!!!

• Je
    Jeff Aug 13, 2008

I just received the following e-mail from the BBB and have since written to the Attorney General's office. I would do the same. At least we're doing something.

Business Name: Samsung Electronics America Inc.

Thank you for contacting BBB regarding your complaint.

We regret to inform you that BBB cannot process your complaint. The case has been reviewed and was found to contain issues that are out of BBB's Purview. Your complaint would be best handled by the Attorney General's office listed below:

STATE OFFICE OF CONSUMER PROTECTION
    124 Halsey Street
    Newark, NJ 07102
    Phone: [protected]
    Phone: [protected] (NJ residents only)

Although we are unable to assist at this time, please remember that your BBB provides many valuable services to you both prior to making a purchase and after. If we can be of service to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Janice Croux
    Service Representative
    BBB Complaint Department

Samsung Rep Sep 12, 2008

First of all I will start out by saying I work for Samsung Tech Support and in defense of us you have been totally out of line and not informing people in your complaint about the whole truth. Your warranty clearly states that you have a repair warranty! You were told from the begining when you called that you would be getting warranty repair and we could not offer you a refund. You first contacted us on 7/02/2008. We set you up for service and you waited for an hour and called us back complaining that the service center didnt get the fax. Come on you have to give reasonable amount of time. Second we did transfer you up to ECR who when you spoke to them you were asking for an exchange. You didnt even give us a chance to service the unit before you went off ranting and raveing. It's all policy and procedure and we have to follow the guidelines that we have in place. We then inturn get you service that we promised within our guidelines in 6 business days within your first contact. The service center did attempt to service your tv with parts that they had on hand that on a normal basis would fix your issue. The service center then told you that they would need to take the tv back to their shop to further fix the tv and return it to you when they were done. You contacted us then to ask if we can send you a "loaner" tv in the mean time while you wait for service. *Not listed in your warranty that we will do that, but still you get mad. You are disappointed with our service. What have we as agents done wrong. Nothing. We have tried to the best of our abilities within the policies that Samsung has in place to get you repair on your tv and fix your issue. You were told that you would recieve call backs yes, but you never left time for our agents to call. In looking through the transaction that you gave you were calling multiple times daily talking to many different agents because you weren't giving the ECR agents time to call you back. After review each note from every agent many times I have calculated the days of your ticket. You state that you were told within 21 business days we would have your product repaired or a refund. Policy is to get you service within 21 business days. If service takes longer than 21 business days it is Samsung policy to offer you an exchange or refund within ECR's limits. You were in that time range. From first call to the day that we offered you a refund it was 22 business days.
    Next time you want to gripe about bad service think about who might see your posts. This just makes you look uneducated and stupid. You are mad about us following procedure and getting you your refund within policy turn around times.

• Wt
    wtf May 27, 2009

If this is the caliber of worker that Samsung is hiring, they are doomed.

• Th
    The Dimwit Jun 04, 2009

Im having some of the same issues - the quality of their products appears mediocre at best (my issue is a faulty power supply unit), and their service is abyssmal. The only option they can give me is to ship it to their warranty repair center in New Jersey (I live in Washington DC) at my own expense. Just what I wanted - I get to pay about a hundred bucks so I can send a five-month old TV off for a repair process that is bound to take 6-8 weeks.

To me a better option would be to cut my losses by trying to sell this piece of rubbish on Craigslist and put the money towards a Sony, Sharp, Toshiba, or other brand that might actually work for a little while...

• Th
    The Dimwit Jun 04, 2009

And as far as the soap box commentary from the samsung rep - I agree with WTF. If someone in my firm were to take the go to that level of effort to publicly call one of our clients uneducated and stupid, I would have them fired and escorted out of the office within an hour. Its one thing to explain company policies, its another issue entirely for someone in a consumer products company to try to make the consumer look stupid... I guess the anonominity of his post lets him underscore Samsung's lack of commitment to service with impunity.

That said; it is understandable that Samsung has to cut costs somewhere to keep its prices competitive - I guess hiring the local village idiot as a service rep is cheaper than recruiting quality people and training them in appropriate issue resolution techniques.

• Mo
    Mohamad Kaake Jun 14, 2009

I am Mohammad From Lebanon, I bought a SAMSUNG _ WA15P9 - top loader - washing machine, it was perfect for 1monthm, until the detergent drawer is not opening anymore.
    we called the customer service from the company where i bought it.
    Two days ago Samsung representative called me giving me an appointment.THEY NEVER CAME.i am calling them from 1 month ago, and they keep lying, it is not accepted for a company like this.They told me, by phone, you need to purchase a new drawer.
    i will never buy SAMSUNG anymore.
    [protected]@live.com
    [protected]
    Mohamad Kaake

• Ga
    Gautam Yadav Aug 17, 2009

sir,
    for the last one month we are complaint about our printer( SCx-4521F ) we bougt the printer on 25th may 2009 by the name of money bhandar contact person Kapil dev pasricha
    contact no 011- [protected] but no action will be taken since now
    please take some action as soon as possible.
    thanking you
    money bhandar
    (Kapil dev Pasricha )

• Az
    azbeergirl Oct 14, 2009

I can't believe a customer service rep from Samsung would post that. Is there any such thing as customer service anymore? I bought an lcd 40" tv 18 mo. ago. It's already not working. No picture just sound. The TV I replaced for this lcd lasted me 23 years. Still nothing wrong with it except that it's obsolete. (only an old cable connection) It's past my warranty of 12 mo. But I googled and there are all kinds of people having the same exact problem. You would think a company (warranty or not) would go ahead and fix something commonly faulty. I mean come on! I spent way too much money on it to have it not working so soon. peeved

miskhr Nov 03, 2009

I can't believe my eyes! I just found this site and thought i had already commented on my issues! I'm having the exact same problems with Samsung as you all are.

I bought a monitor 305t that just stopped working and returned it, i was told that they didn't have the parts to repair and that i could wait or be issued a refund, after waiting three weeks then being told this i decided to get a refund now it has been over a month and i have not seen a dime of my $1300. After numerous calls to the executive customer # i have been told i should receive my refund. As of 11/3/09 i still wait. This is just a summary of what i have been through, i'm sure we all share the same frustration. What the hell is it going to take to get MY money back?!

miskhr Nov 03, 2009

We should all start a class action against Samsung

• Un
    Unacceptable1 Nov 12, 2009

Below is a time-line of my trying to get a defective Home Entertainment Center repaired/replaced by Samsung. As you can see, I am totally disgusted with Samsung. In addition to the below on-going experience, I purchased a Samsung TV that lasted two weeks and I had to return it to Best Buy. I switched brands and replaced the Samsung TV with another brand. I have yet to be able to talk to anyone that can cause the replacement to be shipped. All I get is a goat-rope runaround.

Samsung Executive Customer Service is to replace unit as the repair vendor cannot locate repair parts. Ticket # [protected],

22 Sept 09, ll48L, Delivered for repair.
    1 Oct 09, 0946L, Frank, Submitted for Exchange. Not approved yet. Can take up to two weeks to complete.
    6 Oct 09, 1015L, Customer Service Representative, Ms. Candice, Approved on 1 Oct 09, Must return speakers before they will send new unit.
    13 Oct 09, 1536L, Greg, cannot connect me to department that will ship new unit. The department will call me when they are ready to ship.
    15 Oct 09, 0927L, UPS, Patrick, said item should be scanned on 16 Oct when delivered.
    15 Oct 09, 0946L, Customer Service Representative, Hugo, explained problem with item not being scanned by UPS when picked up. Item to arrive tomorrow, should be scanned when delivered.
    1ZRV25739091227883

10 Oct 09, 0939L, Delivered 19 Oct 09, Roxanne, said they received all items necessary to ship new unit. I specifically asked that if they do not have everything they need, then they should call me and let me know what was needed so I could get the issue resolved.

Track Packages & Freight
    Quantum View
    Flex Global View
    Tracking Detail
    Help

Your package has been delivered. To view Proof of Delivery, please select the link.

Tracking Information
    Tracking Number:
    Status:
    Delivered
    UPS has delivered the shipment.

Residential deliveries that do not require a signature may be left in a safe place, out of sight and out of weather, at the driver's discretion. This could include the front porch, side door, back porch, or garage area. If you have instructed the driver to leave the shipment with a neighbor or leasing office, this would be noted on a yellow UPS InfoNotice left by the driver.

Delivered
    Delivered On:

23 Oct 09, 0937L, , Ticket # [protected], Samsung Executive Customer Service, [protected], spoke with Frank, Status: Not yet shipped, they have everything. Told them I would be back Monday morning.
    27 Oct 09, 1238L, Customer Service Representative, Karen, Status – Exchange Ticket # [protected], Return Authorization # not posted. From time ordered 7-to 14 days via UPS. Should receive automated tracking email with shipping number.
    2 Nov 09, 0947L, Customer Service Representative, [protected], Angela, Status – Exchange Ticket # [protected], No agreement reached because they have not called to make me an offer on the model type. Ms. Angela said she will call me within 24-48 hours with offer.
    5 Nov 09, 1021L, Customer Service Representative, [protected], Julius, paperwork approved 10/1.
    9 Nov 09, 1328L, Customer Service Representative, [protected], Exchange Ticket # [protected], Gayle, Status: No change in status. I asked to speak to a supervisor, supervisor stepped out to lunch. No one called me back.
    12 Nov 09, 0918L, Customer Service Representative, [protected], Exchange Ticket # [protected], Leslie (0929L-On hold 11 Minute), Placed on Hold while she checks file.

• Un
    Unacceptable1 Nov 12, 2009

This web site left out the beginning part of the saga which began on 22 Sept

22 Sept 09, ll48L, Delivered for repair.

cheezysquirrelz Dec 11, 2009

I wish I would've done research on Samsung customer service before purchasing. I bought a Samsung T190 monitor in late August of 2008. Since I bought it, over 50 pixels in the screen stopped working, so I finally called in the beginning of August this year (2009). I've been trying to get something worked out since. My original monitor was in mint condition other than the pixels. They sent 2 different refurbished monitors that were covered in scratches, smudges, and other cosmetic damages. I knew if they looked that bad on the outside, they probably would be just as bad when I turned them on. I was supposed to get a 3rd monitor, but after waiting nearly a month, I asked for a refund. I'm still trying to get that refund. I'm a college student and I obviously need a computer monitor, so I have already replaced my old samsung with a new monitor, but I need my $210 back. It seems that every time I call, there is never any supervisor available and they always promise to call me back (and never do). Every time I ask when I will get my refund, it's always "14 to 21 days".
    Here's my timeline so far...

August
    ~8th – UPS shipping label received (through email)
    ~10th – Shipped monitor to Samsung though UPS
    ~12th – Samsung received monitor (notified through email)
    ~13th – Samsung completed service request (notified through email)
    ~18th – Received refurbished replacement from Samsung (it was damaged)
    ~19th – Called Samsung Executive Customer Relations, Set up MBE Exchange to switch for a monitor in better condition
    ~26th – Monitor arrived at UPS store; it was also in poor condition, I refused to accept it
    - Called Samsung and spoke to Dan Gonzalez in Executive Customer Relations; he said another monitor (in good condition) would be shipped by September 1st

September
    ~1st – Monitor was never sent, so I continued to wait
    ~14th – Called Samsung ECR, Spoke to John – he said the order was processing as of September 11th
    ~22nd – Samsung ECR, Spoke to Alicia – she said she was placing an order for the monitor and promised she would call back or email by 7pm that day – never called back
    ~29th – Samsung ECR, Spoke to Maureen – she said she would make sure the monitor would be sent and promised to call back – never called back

October
    ~6th – Samsung ECR, Spoke to Debbie – asked for supervisor, but was told none were available; asked to start refund process instead of receiving another monitor – refund was never set up
    ~13th – Samsung ECR, Spoke to Stephanie – Set up for refund, promised a shipping label would be sent – no shipping label was ever sent
    ~26th – Samsung ECR, Spoke to Liz – said Refund Department would send the shipping label once the refund was approved

November
    ~16th – Samsung ECR, spoke to Caprice – she said the Refund Department accepted (though no label was ever sent to me); she emailed me the UPS shipping label
    - Shipped monitor through UPS same day @ 2:45pm (Tracking#1ZRV25739099407969)
    ~18th – Monitor delivered to Samsung according to UPS package tracking

December
    ~2nd – Samsung ECR, Spoke to Nikisha – she said monitor arrived on November 20th, no refund check written yet – emailed refund department and promised to call me back (even said she was making herself a note to remember) – never called back
    ~11th- Samsung ECR, no name – said the refund was submitted to management – will take 14-21 days to approve

cheezysquirrelz Dec 11, 2009

Now I'm feeling quite guilty for persuading my parents and my boyfriend to buy Samsung TV's...

• St
    Stooopid People Jan 24, 2010

everyone on this site needs to get over themselves...you complain about samsung yet sony panasonic toshiba all have the same problems as well...i have a samsung tv and there is nothing wrong with it and ive had it for a couple of years now...on the other hand ive had a sony which broke within days then i got a panasonic which wouldnt even turn on and then i had a toshiba which i returned...so needless to say technology sucks and everyone is going to run into issues with it...and on top of that dont blame the customer service reps for your problems...blame the technology for not being perfect...customer service reps are just following policy and procedure set by the company...believe me i used to work in customer service and i hate that crap!

• Wh
    Whittier,CA Jun 08, 2010

I have had a 67 inch Samsung DLP since 2006 and have had the board replaced once the color wheel replaced twice and the lamp replaced 4 times. Each time I called Samsung was like pulling teeth and was without a TV for about 3 weeks. I have spent countless hours on the phone trying to get service from Samsung and I have to say it has been the worst experience I've had to deal with with any company. My TV is broken once again and it is the color wheel. I have decided not to fix this problem, toss this tv and move on to another brand. Never again will I buy from Sansung!

• Sh
    shivpujan das Jun 23, 2010

I have purchased the refrigerator in Apr 2004.after initial installation it becomes problem for me. the compressor get unserviceable four times. every time the repair was under taken by authorised samsung engineer only.the enviromental condition is idle as per service engineer.on 16 Jun 2010 the compressor again becomes unserviceable. the repairing cost is beyond economical repair. now we are loosing our confidence in samsung product.because the repairing cost is going more than a new refrigerator.

kindly look in to the matter and send your representative to analyse and take corrective action.i wish you will show interest and expedite the action.

thanking you

phon No. [protected]

• Md
    mdc,nm Aug 04, 2010

08/04/10

WOW! I can't belive the complaints against Samsung as I have one also.

2005 Samsung HD 65in Floor Model
    Model: HCN653WX-XAA
    Serial: 39ZX150-187E

Yes true enough my 2, 500 dollar 65in HD floor model t.v. was purchased in 2005, at Best Buy, yet after a year of owning I had to purchase the back panel mother board that went out for a wopping $600.00 now (3) three years later the same problem has accoured, Although, I was willing to pay for the part myself.
    Only after the fact when I contacted Samsung (2) two repair techs called but never came out and told me that the part for my back panel
    (Pro Scan Mogul / mother board) part {BP95-001-0T} is no longer available and that Samsung doesn't make the part any more.
    By the ECS agent, I was given the J&J Parts # 800.627.4368
    and I was told that the part is "no longer" available - I have since called ECS dept and was told by several represenatives there, that my t.v. is "OLD" and "depreciative" in other words of NO VALUE. I told the respresenative my money $2, 500 dollars wasn't deprecative when I purchased it!
    Samsung Corporate & Affiliates
    Electronics America, Inc.
    105 Challenger Rd Ste 1
    7th floor
    Ridgefield Park, NJ, 07660
    I have tried on numerous occasions to fax the Corporate & Affiliates Dept.
    regarding my complaint to them, but the number provided on the website is a "BOGUS" FAX NBR.
    Fax: [protected]
    So I called then called Samsung back and requested their fax number for the (ECS) Excutive Customer Service Relations Dept
    FAX: [protected] and I forwarded my letter of complaint to them and told them to forward my complaint letter to the Corporate & Affiliates Dept. Well, to top it off no one has offered me any support how to even properly dispose of this BIG / LARGE piece of junk.
    No one wants to help me with either a dollar for dollar exchange and or offer a Differential in price.
    Next step is to write a letter of concern to the names and address listed below - "WAIT..." and see what happens.

Mr. Yoon-Woo Lee, Vice Chairman
    and
    Mr. Dong-Jin Oh, President
    Samsung Electronics America, Inc.
    105 Challenger Rd Ste 1
    Ridgefield Park, NJ, 07660

• Bu
    burningsun5 Aug 24, 2010

Reference number of my call: [protected]
    I bought my printer few months back and since then I haven’t been able to send faxes. I have tried sending fax several times and to several different numbers in few months but it never worked. When trying to send the fax I usually get the dial tone and then the fax noise for few seconds and then before the fax could be sent out the line would disconnect. It’s the same problem weather the line is connected directly into the jack or to the splitter.
    The first time I called Samsung (around 7:00pm) the customer support agent typed my problem in her system and told me to call back the next day since their advanced technical support was closed. I then called after couple of days and was transferred to advanced tech support where I spoke to the lady named Quinn (my spelling of her name might be wrong). After going through few question and checking my line she told me to send her a fax. I tried sending her a fax a few times while she was on a phone with but same result as always. I heard the dial tone and then the fax sound and after few seconds the line would disconnect.
    She told me that she will call me in an hour after talking to her technicians. I waited for the whole day and never received a call from her. It’s been about 2 weeks that I never received any call from her or anyone else from Samsung.
    After waiting for a call for so many days I finally decided to call myself today (August 24, 2010) at 5:17 pm and got the gentleman named Alain on the line. He went through the same questions and told me to send a fax. I went through the same process again and got the same results. He was talking to his technician on the other side and then told me that something is wrong with my telephone line. So basically that was their solution. I explained him that my telephone lines were installed about year and a half ago and my internet and phone are working absolutely fine and are on the same phone line. Moreover I have used Lexmark and HP all in one printers in the past and fax in both the printers worked absolutely fine. The gentleman again repeated “my technician is saying that something is wrong with your telephone line”. Absolutely ridiculous!
    I explained him the same thing again that nothing was wrong with my phone line. He told me that he was trying to transfer my call but no technician was available to take my call and to call back the next day. I have already called 3 times and nothing has been resolved. I have business to run then keep calling Samsung. I have experienced horrible service ever with Samsung.
    I am currently looking to buy a Samsung flat screen T.V but due to this experience I don’t think I want to buy any more Samsung products.

• De
    Devendrak.kushwaha Aug 30, 2010

Hi,
    My name is devendra kumar, i brought up sumsung mobile on 13/02/2010. Some how it's keypad is stacked and not working, I go to samsung service center in Vashundhara Ghaziabad. I have giving my mobile on 14/08/2010 in noon. but today is 30/08/2010, i didn't get my mobile from service center . Service center executives always told that mother board is not placed by company warehouse to service center . but it's a long period to get my mobile.

When i called to service center, first of all they told me that your have submit your phone on service center on 18/08/2010 but i have service center slip which show the actual date 14/08/2010.

The main concern is that people of samsung service center badly behaved with me, and ask to me that whatever i want i can do but then didn't give my mobile phone.

Some body help me to track out these bunch of [censor] .

Samsung service center details :

Managed by : Janus Electronics
    10C/246 Sector - 10
    Vashundhara Ghaziabad ( U.P)

Regards
    Devendra Kumar
    Mob : [protected]

• De
    Dennis Harmon Jan 06, 2011

Another life lesson: Do NOT purchase a Samsung Plasma TV! 8 months ago we bought a SAMSUNG 58 in. PLASMA for nearly $2, 000. TV looked like fireworks went off inside. Wolf's Service Center sent a guy to take pics, were sent to New Jersey where they viewed & DENIED our warranty So... we are just screwed..Why can't they just send a tech to look at it? It hasn't ever been moved or touched! There's not a scratch on it, They say it was "impacted". As I understand it, this is a common problem of denying warranties for "panels" and they will not replace it as they allegedly say they do. The TV has never been touched or moved in the less than 8 months we've had it. It's the wierdest spider pattern INSIDE the screen... Not a scratch on the system itself...Just the inside. Lesson learned I guess. Next time have to get a different TV, but will be armed with questions and likelihood that watching an NCAA basketball game will cause it to go bye-bye. Now I've received an estimate for replacing the panel: $1350.00. I've also been given the option (how thoughtful) of purchasing a new one for $1399.00. Wow... BTW - I purchased the TV at Video Only and up until this horrifying experience, had great experiences. I'm not sure I can blame them for selling the flawed TV, but what Samsung is doing in my mind constitutes "fraud".

Jonson Li Jan 07, 2011

1/5/11 9:07AM
    The pipe of Sumsung washing machine I bought was leaked ten days ago. I called customer service hundreds time and sent 5 faxes. everyday the representative gave me different story. they got me called different phone and difficult questions. 10 days were passed and I spend 10 hours on the phone for explain my situation the water flowed all my basement. Finlay they said need me call who gave me receipt because the fax page was not clearly. I do not believe the function of Sumsung customer service is waste our time

Today again, I call Samsung (half month, 5 faxes hundreds called and spent 15hours), the representative Juniur said "there is no way to your service", because the invoice did not show the purchase price.the receipt is only paper I get from deliver when I bought from Future shop on the Net. after that I called confirm Juniur said that, Brandon said the service on the way.
    Everyday they had different story, but they never give your service.

• Fu
    fukoff123 Jan 19, 2011

samsung u suck thanks for selling me a computer that burns out a couple of days after the warranty expired...i will never buy another product of your... you are a bunch of thieves, burn in hell

• Im
    ImChelle1 Feb 11, 2011

Samsung Executive Customer Servie is a JOKE!!!
    Received Samsung laptop for Christmas.
    1/2 - laptop power supply stopped working - called Samsung was told 5-7 days to receive new one.
    1/7 - called Samsung to check the status of the request - nothing had been done and was told it would be 7-14 days, not 5-7. Asked for a supervisor, none were available (go figure)
    Called 2 more times - finally got the number to the "Executive Customer Relations" - WHAT A JOKE!!!
    1/20 - received powercord, no power supply???? Called the ECR number, she said she would have it expidited...HA...RIIIGHT
    2/8 - STILL no part!!! So much for expiditing - called ECR - nothing had been done with the order, spoke with Saretta, she requested order be sent "expidited" and was to call me back next day
    2/9 - get home from work, no message, called ECR - spoke to Saretta, requested a supervisor, none available - again, go figure!!! She is sending me a 50.00 Best Buy gift card...big deal!!! I want to use my laptop. You can not go out to a store and buy a universal adapter, they don't fit Samsung!
    2/10 - called ECR got Najia after waiting for 29 minutes and 55 seconds for someone to answer the phone. She told me the part was put in for a REDO and it would be 7-14 DAYS...I said I want to speak to a supervisor, I am beyond pissed and she HUNG UP ON ME!!!
    2/10 - called back spoke to Portia - I asked for a supervisor...guess what...NONE AVAILABLE!!! I said I would wait...apparently the supervisors are as worthless as the reps...I wasn't allowed to speak to one. Portia stated she would call me tomorrow after she speaks to the parts department to see if I could get 2nd day. She is in at 12:15, I told her I expected a call before 3pm. I won't hold my breath. She kept bringing up the 50.00 Best Buy card like it was some sort of consolation, lets see if I get it!

The saga goes on!!!

• Ca
    CACis Feb 17, 2011

I know I will not be purchasing any more Samsung products. I sent my 4 month old Premium monitor back for warranty repair in Dec. 2009 due to a power problem. I was told pack only the monitor, no stand, no cords, nothing but the screen. I was told it would be 7 to 14 days from date of reciept. 15 days later I call..the monitor is on back order and they don't knw when it will be in. I finally got a monitor back in January..refurbished when I sent them a 4 month old. Of course when I plugged it in it had the same problem..since they had told me NOT to send the AC Adapter. I call them..they will send one out 7-14 days before I get it. I call back on day 15 to get a tracking number since I haven't recieved it..Whoops it was placed in the wrong Queue, we will ship that out to you when we get it in it is back ordered and we don't know when it will get into parts, but once it is, you should have it in 7-14 days. I insisted that was unacceptible as I have a visual problem and needed my monitor ASAP..OK let us put a $150 hold on your credit card and we will send you a new monitor package..COMPLETE. Well..it got here today after 7 days and guess what, they sent me a monitor, and stand but again NO AC ADPATER.

I call again..we don't have the ac adapter you need but we have an alternate IN STOCK and can send it to you..Oh..that will be 7-10 days, but dson't forget to send back the extra monitor. Parts apparently doesn't expidite, there is no complaint department and I now suspect I know where all the Village idiots are working, since they can't even send out a new monitor properly. They are all working in Executive CVustomer Service..Would you like Fries with that?

• Ga
    gamboa Mar 05, 2011

I purchased a 50 inch DLP Model:HLR5067waxx/xaa approximately 3 1/2 years ago. Within the 1st year I had the green screen syndrome and notified samsung. A certified tech replaced the computer board. It worked fine for two additional years and had a relapse again. This time the warranty was over and am Sh(* out of luck. I have read and found hundred of people complaining about the same product defect. I was advised to contact the New Jersey complaint division. I will, my question i how about everyone with these similar issues aue sasung and get something for their defected units. we paided thousand of dollars and only got 15% usage. I smell complete fraud on behalf of samsung.. what do we do next after crying and no one listens...

Michelle Bushey Apr 01, 2011

I have no complaints of the customer service regarding Samsung. My complaint is that there products are not worth buying. I first bought a camcorder, which worked for about a year before it wouldn't record anymore. Also during that time I bought a front loader washer and dryer. Big mistake. I have had a repair man out to the house 4 times in the last 5 years repairing the front loader. Mostly electrical and leaks. Then my dryer stoped working, also an electrical problem. So, I will not be buying Samsung ever again and I will make sure to let every one know, not to buy Samsung products; Samsung's products are not reliable or cost effective.

Josh and Michelle Bushey
    Anderson, California

• Ra
    rahil.vasaya Apr 15, 2011

Android version : 2.2
    Device - Samsung Galaxy 551

Hi, I have my office email configured. When I reply to an email, HTML tags gets appended to the email like below

"<pre style="white-space:pre-wrap; word-wrap:break-word">Test</pre>"

If you note, in the above text, "Test" is the actual email body that i sent, but it gets delivered like above.

please help how can i remove this tags and or i have to install another application?

• Tr
    Treatmeright Apr 26, 2011

Good luck to you.
    My new Samsung 3D plasma TV die after 42 days. I have been waiting for service since Dec 3, 2010 - 145 days ago. The "Service Call Center" is useless & lied constantly.
    On April 1st (day 120), someone from Samsung Electronics Canada called to offer me a Service Exchange. After another 25 days, nothing happens. She will not response to my phone messages & emails. Calling to the "Service Call Center" results in another 30+ minutes of lies. The person even told me they will have a NEW unit ship to me in 2 days.
    However, we are supposed to get a "RA Credit" issued to FutureShop to do an exchange locally. So many times they told us something are coming in 3 weeks, then they changed the story so I need to call the "Service Call Center" again. My service ticket: [protected]
    Can you imagine 145 days without a TV, after you paid for it. I wish you luck.
    We as consumers have to come together to protect our rights.

• Ke
    kezz1 Sep 16, 2011

Samsung's lousy after sales service is alive and well here in Australia also. Looks like it is a global problem. In which case, I assume refusing/failing to honor warranty claims or failing to deal with them in a reasonable time and manner is a matter of Samsung POLICY/STRATAGY, rather than just an anti-customer-warranty culture in local after sales service centres.
    Thank you Samsung for wasting another 6 hours of my time today, which I spent in phone queues trying to lodge a complaint about ### service and arranging and waiting for a warranty pickup that did not happen - for the 3rd time! Guess I should be grateful that I did not have to start from scratch and re-lodge the entire warranty claim AGAIN, as I have also have to do previously. Hope I haven't spoken too soon.
    By the way, the courier company hired to collect my computer from my home, DOES NOT collect parcels from homes in country areas. I established that with 1 phone call direct to the courier company. The courier company sends the job to their agent in my area, except the 'country agent' is a country general store and does not provide a courier service. Hence no pick up for the 3rd time. I established that with 1 call direct to the 'agent'. So much for a Samsung supervisor's assurance this morning that my warranty claim had been escalated to priority, due to the excessive delays, and my monitor would definitely be collected today.
    The 110cm Samsung LED/LCD widescreen TV I planned to buy this month is definately OFF my shopping list, permanently.
    Kerry Peterson
    Western Australia

• Ji
    JIM GROVER Jul 17, 2012

for starters i am a loyal, and truthful guy, i have purchaced many big screen tvs, and will NEVER again buy any SAMSUNG products, they do not return phone calls, or honor returns...im going threw it as i write this, 2000.00 tv and its been a week, they told me no tech will come to my area, but also that i cant return it to the store...complete ###!!! IF anyone is looking to purchase a tv, with all the choices to pick from...DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME, DO NOT BUY A SAMSUNG...TRUST ME!!!

• Ji
    JIM GROVER Jul 17, 2012

...another thing, i believe Samsung should stand true to their products, and offer customers a rental unit while we wait and wait and wait for the repairs or returns...like i said before, its complete B.S...DONT BUY A SAMSUNG!!!

• Lf
    L Freeman Jul 04, 2015

I have 3 Samsung TV's and a camcorder that I love. Therefore, when my daughter was married, I went to Lowes and picked out a W/D set. The first thing that threw me off was the washer was about the same weight as the dryer. Washer lasted 1 year and quit, giving a code. For the next 3 weeks we tried to get Customer Service to even tell us if it was in warranty. Maybe it's computer panel which has a longer warranty. They set up service center who never showed, then another who didn't carry any Samsung parts. Daughter was pregnant and on a third floor apartment 100 miles away. We finally bit the bullet and got her going. Samsung never followed up on the problem. L Freeman W Monroe, La

• Вукашин Б Васић Jul 10, 2015

never samsung again

Marilyn McClain Dec 07, 2015

I will never buy another Samsung product. The internal LAN stopped working. I went through all the trouble shooting steps and still could not connect to WiFi. I spoke with tech support twice 12/06/15 with no resolution. I spoke with tech support this morning, gave him the reference number and he could not find it. Then began to question me about who gave me the reference number. His solution was to take the TV to Consumer Electronics for repair. I too wish I had done more research before purchasing a Samsung product.