Having problems with Samsonite?

1800 331 690 (Australia)
8800 234 2070 (Russia)
1800 505 3279 (Mexico)
+1 800 765 2247 (United States)
+372 56 879 179 (Estonia)
+370 65 504 191 (Lithuania)
+351 253 606 070 (Portugal)
+852 24 222 611 (Hong Kong)
+63 27 907 000 (Philippines)
+27 312 660 620 (South Africa)
+82 25 672 486 (South Korea)
+66 27 619 936 (Thailand)
+54 112 388 2147 (Argentina)
575 West St Ste 110

5 Anzed Court, Mulgrave, VIC 3170

Estonia
Suur-Sõjamäe 4, Tallinn 11415

Italy
Via Molino dell’Olio 33, I-21050 Saltrio (VA)

Latvia
Ieri Ku street 3, Vidzemes priekspilseta, Riga

Lithuania
Perkūno al. 4A, Kaunas 44221, Lithuania

Portugal
Quinta de Sta. Maria, Maximinos, 4700-244 Braga

Hong Kong
25/F, Tower 2, The Gateway, Harbour City, 25 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong

India
402 Akruti Star, opp. Akruti Center Point, MIDC, Andheri E, Mumbai 400093, Maharashtra, India

Malaysia
Unit № 15-10, Menara Q Sentral, 2A Jln Stesen Sentral 2, Kuala Lumpur Sentral, 50470 KL

Singapore
111 Somerset Road № 11-03A, TripleOne Somerset, Singapore 238164

Complaints & Reviews

[Resolved] backpack

The attached pack bag is still under warranty, and it has an obvious manufacturing defect (material deterioration).

This is not normal "tear & wear", as the gents in the agency advised me.
The red strip that got worn was not subject to any friction, or any kind of load that may result to this.

I filed a complain, went to their store two times, followed up through mail, and finally decided to go direct to you. pls advise them to take the proper action in such events.

• Updated by Hany Mabrouk · Feb 05, 2020

pls drop the complaint, the agency will replace the bag with a new pne

my warranty repair request rejected.

I BOUGHT MY BAG ON 17/11/2018 and after one year usage The shape of my bag has started to deteriorate...

Wrong item delivered

Sir! I ordered online 3pcs a set of samsonite luggage, color purple, but you sent me 2pcs charcoal color...

Dear Samsonite managers,
I believe that Samsonite is Global service company and their service would satisfy their customers but I am really disappointed.
My first American Tourister suitcase wheel was broken in Aug. 2019. Guarantee period till Mar. 2020. First, I brought it to maintenance service center (MSC) in Vincom Ba Trieu, Ha noi, Vietnam. After almost 1 and half month, I called to MSC and received the request of "waiting for sparepart". I tried to wait more and one day MSC called and informed me that the spare part is not available and they ask me whether I can accept another spare part instead. At that time, I believed that the same spare part could not come and I finally accepted.
My second Samsonite suitcase wheel also broken. I bought it in Hanoi, Vietnam on Sep. 3rd 2018 (Image of suitcase model is attached). I did the same procedure to MSC. I am really disappointed of the service, again staff of Samsonite in Hanoi Vietnam informed me that the spare part is not available and they asked if I can accept the similar one. Please be informed that, MSC did not call me, I was waiting so long time and I called and got such proposal on October 31st 2019. They seemed understand that I am writing a letter to Samsonite and they promised that my suitcase wheel would be fixed within 15 days, expected tomorrow.
I am writing this complaint letter to you and do hope that you could do something better for your customer like me, as I am now using totally 4 suitcases as image attached (2 big, 1 medium and 1 small). I really appreciate the quality of Samsonite and I did a collection of this product. I am afraid that maintenance service is not good and similar solution for the maintenance work as I described above, you will lose your customers.
Thank you for reading and I am pleased to get your further clarification if any.
Regards,

computer bags

I purchased three computer bags and only one is still intact. The other two have issues. One has a busted zipper and now the computer gets wet when it rains because it can not be closed. The second has torn around the curve of the zipper and it is tearing more each day. So so disappointed in the product. We paid $50.00 for each bag and now we are stuck with two bad bags...

We purchased the Samsonite brand because we assumed it was a better quality made product.

my contact information is
Esmeralda Ramon [protected] or [protected]@triofabinc.com

sfs tsa007

I purchased my Samsonite suitcase approximately 5 years ago and have used it once or twice a year in total.
I returned from a holiday to the USA on Wednesday and when I got home I was unable to open my case. The combination lock has never been changed from the code of 000 at purchase. Before flying home I spun the numbers from 000 so that no other person could access my suitcase. When I returned the numbers to 000 the lock would not open and after many attempts to open the case I eventually had to take the decision to break off the lock.
I am very disappointed about this as I have and have had other Samsonite cases which have never been a problem.
There is nothing wrong with the case itself having hardly been used in the past but it is now unusable and the only case I have of this size.
Please can you tell me what you can do about this matter?
I have attached some photos for your information.

complaint about a hand luggage satchel bag

On a recent holiday trip many of the zip fastener tags to my Samsonite luggage handbag satchel broke off. The plastic section of the tab literally just broke away down to the line of the metal internal section of the tab. I have taken a number of photos to explain the issue.please advise what the solution or replacement option is in this instance . Thanks

ultra light large luggage

Dear Sir/madame I am a customer since 2007 and decided to change the type of my luggage to ultra light around a year ago. Surprisingly the handle as attached is that weak and was broken in less than 3 months, a problem never faced with samsonite products. I got the Pair from Maasmechelen village, Belgium. As I live in Cairo Egypt, I ve revisited the shop again where the salesperson was unhelpful and asked me to submit a complaint. I was even looking for a handle spare part to even buy with no luck.
Kindly advise
Best regards
Dr. Medhat Etman
[protected]@gmail.com

ultra light large luggage

samsonite movelite carry-on bag

Bought a carry-on bag that was always taken in the cabin. I would have used it in like 4-5 trips. Then the rubber on the wheel came off and I could not even push it and it was so noisy that I could be heard one mile away. Took it to the Repair center in Lai Chi Kok in Hong Kong (Repair No: [protected] dated 30 May 2019). They kept the bag for nearly three weeks and put a rubber on the wheel. When I said the wheel was noisy they kept it for another 2 weeks and put some oil in it. The noise when you push the bag is just unbelievable. When I complained to the lady she said bags are noisy. Two of the wheels are nice and quiet. The two that were repaired are the ones that are noisy. Terrible bags. Service is worse I just wasted two half-days going to therir service centre. The bag is supposed to have a 10-yer warranty.

samsonite [protected] 78cm, index number 037333k navy

I am Dr. Sanjivani from India, living in Germany.
Since last 20 years, I am using samsonite luggage. I travel a lot. Never had any complaints with samsonite luggage before. Last year, i bought 3 trolleys which are super light of large, medium and cabin baggage.
Since then 3 times my Big luggage zipper and medium luggage zipper got opened inspite of my using belt.
This time when I was coming from Athens to Sofia on 26th June, i was quite embarassed to see my luggage all open on the belt as the zip just gives away.
This happened for the third time. I love samsonite luggage and thats why decided to put this complaint as it is bad reputation for such a big company.
This time from sofia to Nagpur, I wrapped it in plastic and i dont like to use plastic at all. Which made me write to you.
I dont know what you can do about it but perhaps you take out this luggage from the market.
Thanks a lot for hearing.
Dr. Sanjivani Selbach

samsonite [protected] 78cm, index number 037333k navy

no repairs for product under warranty

Good Day,

Please note I purchased True Frame [protected] [protected] MAT SILVER on 10/06/2016 from Bagzone PVT Ltd 373, 100 feet road HAL 2nd Stage Indira Nagar Bangalore -56008.

On 01st May 2019 I observed a crack on the body of the bag . This bag I used for travelling in last 3 years .

There was no damage while receiving the bag after my last travel from airline.

I believe the crack might have developed afterwards . I never dropped or mishandle the bags .

This was submitted to bag zone Indiranagar as per the attached service invoice.

Now today they said over phone that they can not repair this under warranty.

Please note This product got warranty for 10 years all over the world . I believe injustice is being done against me.

The promises provided at the time of purchase was not fulfilled.

Please note as per the terms and contracts, please note following.

1. The crack on the body never observed on while I received from the airline.

2. The crack on the body was found only on 01st May 2019

3. I can not complaint to airline as there was no damage while I received.

4. Even if it is an accident as per the terms and conditions you are suppose repair with minimal cost

Kindly replace my bag as per warranty . I purchased this product with Rs.26, 200/-

Kindly revert urgently.

Sincerely,

Elias Abraham,

Flat 209 VS Epitome, 6th Cross Kaggadasapura CV Raman Nagar,

Bangalore - 560093 India

samsonite 81cm firelite and or cosmolite

Samsonite has been selling this product for years. I've bought one of these 81cm and realised the total baggage size is over the limit of many airlines 158cm. I've contacted Samonsite Australia and they gave me an utter contradictory response. They said none of their customers had any issue with any airlines but does not want to reimburse me should I be slapped with over-baggage size if any airlines decide to do so. Also, this comes with TSA lock (requirement from the US) but totally ironical this size falls outside most airlines in the US.

If this is a $99 china made, I'll throw the baggage away. This is retailed at $899 and made by world-class re-known brand; I can't believe such a irresponsible response from the management team! Totally disappointed!

customer service

Hello I would like to complain about the seller in the Samsonite store. We aimed to buy a laptop bag today 22...

Bucharest Employees

samsonite eco-glide wheeled underseater, 16" pacific blue/navy

The rep by the name of Kelly of Massechussets whom I spoke with wasn't courteous not pleasant or friendly on August 3, 2018 around 5:30am. Was tracing the status of my order placed July 26, 2018, I may not have explained well the item in question but she kept on saying, "I don't understand what you are saying". Is this the professional way of conducting relation to customers? I understand my order may not have gone since there is order # and the amount of payment is already in my print out statement. Please call to the attention of this matter. Thank you so much.

luggage torn

Hi i, tried to call and could not get through for 2 days. We came home from bali mon night 7.30pm arrival at perth airport... When I got home I noticed my luggage was torn.. It's a samsonite and cost me over $400.00... I haven't had it long... I would like it fixed or replaced please... Waiting for your response.. Regards Laura Parlapiano.. My flight no was 536... Arrived mon night 21/5/2018 at Perth International Airport... Thank you.

flight 5j-589 23.40 from manila to cebu 26/03/18

On arrival at Cebu airport at 01.10 in the morning I was extremely tired and just wanted to get my case and...

flux soft-spinner 56/20 bag

i have bought Flux Soft-Spinner 56/20 bag on my transit in Turkish airport on 20Jan2018... However i like the...

the poor quality control of samsonite hk branch

Hi all, I was Samsonite fans for a long time. That's why I decided to exchange your luggage by my Asia...

samsonite hard case rolling luggage

This piece of luggage has not been used more than 3 times and has numerous defects. It was purchased last...

luggage

Purchased American Tourister 4-piece luggage sets [2 sets] from Kohl's. First used during cruise May 2017. When got to cabin, took clothes out of luggage. They stunk!! Had to clean before could wear. Complained to American Tourister and, rather than addressing the issue, they told me to put activated charcoal, etc., in luggage. We had to spend money to clean our clothes that were unwearable because of their luggage. DO NOT PURCHASE ANY LUGGAGE FROM AMERICAN TOURISTER OR SAMSONITE. It is a waste of money and time to complain as they are not concerned. Crap products. Crap companies.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices