Saia Motor FreightTrashed material then lied about it

My shipping broker hired SAIA Motor Freight to ship a pallet of solid bamboo plywood to a customer in Chicago. I took several digital pictures of the pallet of plywood IN THE SAIA TRUCK and eMailed it to the customer and cc'ed shipping broker the day it left my shop.
A week later my customer emails me with a pic of the pallet they received and said that SAIA damaged the pallet and destroyed a sheet of plywood. This stuff is expensive, so I asked SAIA to compensate my customer $117 for the sheet of destroyed plywood.
They refused, saying that the material was not damaged!
I asked them to investigate and they re-stated that they did not damage my customers material.
I have pics of the material leaving and my customer has pics of the material they got, it's beyond obvious that the SAIA driver LIED.
I threatened them with small claims and they offered me $65!
I told them to stuff it, that I have told my shipping broker to never use them again. I have already cost them hundreds of $$$ in lost contracts, and as time passes they will lose thousands.
What a bunch of low-life petty jerks!
Get another company to move your stuff, this company is the worst!!!

• Ka
    karleebarlee Sep 30, 2009

did you pay for any kind of insurance for your shipment?

mattsaxles Mar 20, 2011

Saia sucks period they are one of the worst companies to do trucking with. They deinied our claim and it was completely destroyed with pictures and invoices. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH SAIA IF YOU CAN HELP IT!

• Vj
    Vjd May 07, 2012

Saia motor freight company is a worst company to deliver a load to these guys I personally tell all truckers never pick up a load which have delivery to saia motor freight warehouse they do a lot of ### first of all they say we are 24 hrs open they are not and second thing they will let u wait for more than a day they don't care you have another delivery or so . This is my personal experience of delivering load to saia motor freight at Albuquerque nm. And they also treat drivers very badly no respect for drivers at all. If cout have some law to file a sue against like this issues I definitely file a sue against this company