Safeco Home Owners Insuranceroof

They came out and made an appraisal to replace my roof. The insurance adjuster told me that my deductible was over $4000. I explained that I was under the impression that my deductible was $1000. He told me to call my insurance agent. When I call I am told that for wind and hail is 2% of the value of the home ok so I tell them that 2% is $2500 they explain that the actual value of the home is not used they use a figure of what it would cost to build your home from the ground up. Mind you I am just replacing the roof so why calculate the cost to rebuild an entire home. These folks are crooks and I cant believe they are allowed to do business in the USA. They called me when I blasted them on their satisfaction survey, not once did they offer up a compromise as I was ill informed and not explained that the 2% was to build a new house. Their instruction was go back to your insurance agent, they do not work for Safeco they are their own entity. Wait a minute so if my brakes fail or some other glitch we can sue Ford, Chevy, Toyota and the person that sold us the car or Ford, Chevy, Toyota can say screw yourself go to the person who sold you the car. Which is it? I'm confused. I thought that SAFECO was providing a service or product. Well let me tell you its a crappy product.

• Merlin Slocumb   Feb 29, 2016

The pricing can be high but is negotiable. Other than that I am impressed with Safeco.

They have always been organized, on time, ready to answer questions, great online information and documents. The customer service agents were always quick, freindly and informative.

I still do not remember having any issues with Safeco.