SABC / TV Licences — tv license fee for a pensioner / concession application
D R VAN SCHALKWYK
6 Fook Island
20th Street, Menlo Park, 0081
Tel. & Fax. [protected]
I am an adult male person, 69 years of age and wish to raise my complaint with your offices.
Bearing in mind that the official recognised age to be classified as a pensioner is 60. I have since 2008 been attempting to obtain a concessionary TV licence from the SABC, but sadly to say to no avail. The only response I received was an arbitrary: “You are obliged to pay your TV licence”.
Instead of being afforded a concessionary TV licence, I am currently burdened with a TV licence in the amount of R397.50 payable by 31/08/2017, in turn leaving me at my wits’ end.
In closing, I wish to draw your attention to an excerpt from the Pretoria East Record issued on 18/08/2017, which reads as follows:
Tshwane’s Bus Rapid Transit System (BRT) issued the following statement: “Pensioners between the ages of 60-64 get a 25% discount on standard adult fares…and those 65 and older travel for free…”
In direct contrast with the above, my TV licence has doubled.
I trust that your offices can be of assistance in alleviating my dilemma.
Thanking you in anticipation.
DR van Schalkwyk
More SABC / TV Licences Complaints & Reviews
- Sabc 2 - sabc2 cancelled naruto
- SABC TV - legal action for tv license
- VVM Attorneys % SABC - sabc tv license
- SABC VVM Attorneys - unwilling to close tv licence
- SABC TV Licence Department - sabc ref 920506039947991 - unlawful threat on closed account
- SABC - scheduling
- SABC / TV Licences - tv licence paid monthly not accepted by tv retailers
- SABC / TV Licences - hassled by mbd staff who just hang up on me!! refuse to give me details!!
- SABC - old and repeat programmes & not up to date sports
- SABC / TV Licences - tv license penalties