Rocket Lawyer.com/Free Trial Membershipunauthorized billing

J

After repeated attempts to cancel my free membership I was billed for the sites premium monthly services.
This billing was both unauthorized in that I had not seleted the service for which I was billed and I had followed the sites procedures to remove myself from all account services prior to the billing occurance.

• Ta
    Tae Price Mar 29, 2018

I highly suggest that no one uses RocketLawyer.com . I used the seven day free trail and was charged $39.95. I called to cancel the account the representative stated that they could and would not refund me my $39.95. The only thing she could do is charge me $20 for the document I created during the 7 day free trail and refund me $19.95. I just got ripped off. STAY AWAY FROM THIS WEBSITE!!!

AnnoyedAlpha Jul 23, 2015

Same thing happened to me.
    They don't even have a support email with which to send regular emails, so there is no Legal way I can prove I sent an email in the first place.
    It's ironic that I need a lawyer to protect myself against a legal firm.

• Su
    SueSue949 Oct 03, 2012

Dear Jerryman:
    Is there a pending case against RocketLawyer.com? If so, could you please let me know what the case number and/or court and judge? Thanks! I'd be interested to see what the complaint says.

• Te
    tester007 Sep 11, 2012

THESE PEOPLE ARE INTENTIONAL CROOKS. YES YOU HAVE TO BE ON YOUR TOES AND DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT BUT THEIR PROCESS IS INTENTIONALLY FLAWED. YOU CANNOT DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT FROM THEIR SITE. THEY FORCE YOU TO "END FREE TRIAL" AND "DOWNGRADE" TO A BASIC PLAN WHICH IS 9.99. THEY MIGHT GIVE YOU ANOTHER FREE TRIAL BUT YOU WILL STILL HAVE TO GO THRU THE PROCESS AGAIN.

HERE IS THE ONLY WAY TO DELETE YOUR ROCKETLAWYER.COM ACCOUNT: Login and delete all of you current and past documents. Then send an email sayind "delete account #________" in the subject line and also in the body. Also include in the body that all your documents are deleted. This is a scam.

JeepGeek Aug 23, 2012

So. I look at these complaints and wonder if you people know how to read. It is common business practice to offer a free service prior to a paid service. There is always a terms and agreement stating what you are signing up for. It is YOUR responsibility to read it. Quit whining because you are lazy.

• Da
    Danielle 001 Aug 18, 2012

Same problem here. My husband and I are both disabled and cannot afford this type of "mistake" on Rocketlawyer.com's behalf. Currently our bank account is about to be overdrawn due to this fraudulent practice of billing after my asking to cancel the account. Scamming people is ILLEGAL! I would think that a "legal" website would know this!

JERRYMAN Jun 08, 2012

UPDATE: FEDERAL JUDGE HAS ENCOURAGED HEARING OF INJUNCTION TO SHUT DOWN " ROCKET LAWYER.COM."
    THE STAFF OF THIS NOTED HONORABLE FEDERAL OFFICIAL ONCE APPRISED OF MY COMPLAINT SPENT JUST ONE DAY INVESTIGATING THE CLAIM AND COMPILED SO MUCH ADVERSE DATA TO NOT ONLY ENCOURAGE THE FILING BUT ALSO PROVIDED THE SUSTINANCE OF THE CLAIM STRUCTURE ITSELF. HEARING DATE TO BE SET NEXT WEEK.
    IT PAYS TO DO A GOOD JOB FOR INFLUENTIAL PEOPLE. IT NEVER PAYS TO SCAM REGULAR FOLKS ON THE RAZORS EDGE OF THE LAW.
    GOODBYE ROCKET LAWYER.COM. UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN.

JERRYMAN Jun 08, 2012

MR. WHELAN YOUR ROCKET LAWYER SITE OBIVOUSLY HAS SOME SEVERE PROBLEMS.
    ANY SYSTEM THAT AUTOMATICALLY BILLS FOR PREMIUM SERVICES AT THE END OF A FREE TRIAL PERIOD IS A GREATLY FLAWED PROCESS. THIS WAS PERFORMED WITHOUT NOTIFICATION DESPITE MY ATTEMPTS TO CANCEL YOUR AUTOMATED SELECTION. I HAD TO FIND OUT WHAT WAS DONE BY CHECKING MY PERSONAL ACCOUNT.
    MY OPPORTUNITY TO SELECT SERVICES INDEPENDANT OF YOUR AUTO BILLING PRACTICES COST YOU A CUSTOMER IN ME AND NOW PERHAPS MANY MORE AS A RESULT.
    I HAVE BEEN INFORMED THAT THE UNAUTHORIZE BILLING WILL BE CREDITED TO MY ACCOUNT WITHIN 7 DAYS. NONTHELESS THESE ARE FUNDS THAT ROCKET LAWER NEVER SHOULD HAVE OBTAINED. I CANNOT DO BUSINESS IN THAT SORT OF FASHION.
    I CONSIDER IT FLAUDULENT AT BEST BUT MORE LIKE FLAT OUT STEALING. THE PRACTICE SHOULD NOT BE LEGAL IF IT IS. I BELIEVE A FULL INVESTIGATION OF THIS ROCKET LAWYER PRACTICE SHOULD BE FULLY INVESTIGATED AND PROCECUTED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
    ADAMATELY, JERRYMAN SERVICES COMPANY.

• Jw
    jwhelan Jun 06, 2012

My name is John Whelan and I’m the Director of Customer Service for Rocket Lawyer. I’m sorry if there were any charges you felt were unauthorized. An outstanding customer experience is something we take great pride in so we will work to get this resolved quickly. Can you email me directly at [email protected] with your account information and I will be happy to investigate your situation. Additionally, our customer service toll free line is [protected] and we staff it 6am-6pm PT, M-F. We are happy to discuss it with you or answer any questions you or anyone might have.