RG Brenneryou will get audited

K

My husband and I are going through audits thanks to Joe Gallagher - he was referred to us as we are both freelancers. We paid him good money to do our taxes so I don't feel that we should have had to question his abilities. This is an ongoing nightmare, we owe double what he ever got back for us. They also offered to "take care of the audit for $1000" - which we stupidly paid and the never heard from them again. This office should be shut down for good (the 2nd ave. location) and hopefully he is prosecuted.
For the record, we know 3 other people who use Joe Gallagher that are also going through audits. 2 of them are worse off than we are as they have been seeing him for over 10 years.

• Ye
    Yetwoo Feb 28, 2018

I am going through an audit here in Rockland county. The taxes person name is Linda Lopez. She had been doing my taxes for few years. I had went to school as a graduate and I received a 1098 T. I added this to taxes in 2013 and 2014 she did not He'd the warning, she was suppose to Itemize it but did not and I have received two statements from the state in the amounts of $529 and $318. The one for 529 dollars has been paid when I filed taxes and my state tax was taken. I will never go back to her again she is really bad at filing taexes. I would advise if you are living in Rockland county, please do not do go to Linda Lopez because doesn't know how to file taxes properly.

• Br
    brooklynkate Mar 16, 2010

The same thing happened to me thanks to Joe Gallagher who fabricated information on my returns. I got myself a tax attorney and I'm very glad I did.

• Do
    DoneDealPal Feb 11, 2010

The company lies to get you a bigger return. You will be audited.

• Aa
    aaaanswer Feb 10, 2010

Can;t seem to be able to send you email apd323. Contact Greg and give hime details.

• Aa