United Benefit Advantage Complaints & Reviews

Jun 02, 2021

United Benefit Advantage — For my money to be returned on my card

I never signed up for united benefit advantage dont even know what that is I have received a notice on my...

United Benefit Advantage$100 Walmart gift card

I took a survey online. It said the prize was a $100 gift card. I got a post card in the mail saying it was ready all I had to do was call and claim it. I was told it would be a $1 fee just to prove that I was real. Well the $1 turned out to be $19.95 and there is no Walmart gift card. They also said something about sending me product samples which I declined. How do you stop them from taking more of my money?

United Benefit AdvantageUnauthorized charges/membership

I signed up for a membership to UBA on accident because the membership terms were misleading. I have called and requested my membership to be cancelled twice. Each time they told me my membership was cancelled but it is not. I am still being charged $24.95/month for nothing. I have tried to log into my membership account but I do not know my 'Member Number' or 'Group Number' and there is no "forgot username/password" link as there usually is with any other site.

United Benefit AdvantageMagazine and united benefit advantage

You know I just got this phone call one day that said I had to order these magazines and I did not have a choice because somehow I signed up for this . I told them they were crazy and I did not want them or I had not signed up for anything. I would have to pay 49.?? a month. I had never had any contact with this company before. I was told if I did not pay this amount that I would be sent to collections. Someone has called me everyday. I have told them not to send me anything. Then I got a Unitedbenitadvanage packet. I don't even know what this is either. I have canceled my credit card and if I have to I will close my bank account ( Which Is a NEW account). I have contacted to BBB and I will be filing a claim with them. I have asked where does it say that I do not have a choice? You can have a choice in everything in y0our life but this it seems. Especially if you have never heard about this is the first place. I WAS NOT CALLED at anytime and asked if I wanted to buy any magazines. This whole thing is a bunch of crap! It would be cheaper to go with the collection because you can fight that. I think it may have something to do with my new account and my credit card.

1 Response
        • Ug
          Ugh90 Apr 19, 2011

Wow, that is exactly what happened to me. They charged me a monthly fee of $19.99 and continued to charge after I supposedly never called to cancel. They also hung up with me after I told them I wasn't going to give them any more information. This company needs to be disbanded, its complete fraud.

United Benefit AdvantageFraud through bogus Walmart offer

I clicked on a bogus Walmart card offer on Facebook. "Take a survey and win a card!". It lead me to Netflix, a product that I had been meaning to sign up for. I did so believing the card number was protected through Netflix. It was not. I had in fact signed up on a United Benefit Advantage site, unknown to me, who had captured the information to sign me up as a member of the "Identity Theft Protection Company", which does not seem to exist or have a valid web site. Before they were finished, they had raided the account of $80.00 as the initial costs, and were planning to continue to make monthly charges.

United Benefit AdvantageTaking money

This is a total ripoff. I never authorized any transaction or even contacted this company yet, they were taking $49.95 out of my account for 4 months. I called and had it stoped but they couldn't explain how it happened. Called back and had to ask for supervisor to get all of my money refunded to my account. Suppose to take 4 to 10 business days. THIS IS A TOTAL SCAM. SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE TO SHUT DONE THIS COMPANY!!! THIS IS TOTAL FRAUD!!!

Respond

United Benefit Advantage — Fraudulent Company took money from my account without authorization and no order placed

This company is a no good piece of *^$%^#^^$^& #$#@%&. Their sales person called. I told her 3 times that I...

United Benefit Advantage — $24.95

I'm checking my financial accounts, and come across a $24.95 charge from United Benefit Advantage in...

United Benefit Advantagefraudulent charges

I ordered the free trial of Colothin and Leanspa. I received a phone call to verify my address and to verify that I had purchased the free trial products. I said yes. The representative went on to offer me $100.00 in gas vouchers. I told the representative I did NOT want that. Several times I said "NO". Two days later I had a $39.99 hold from United Benefit advantage, seen on my bank statement as MDG. I never authorized this transaction. I still havent even received the Colothin or Leanspa. After going back and forth between MDG and my bank. I had to cancel out my credit card. I decided to go ahead and cancel Colothin and leanspa, as well. To my shock colothing didn't have a listed number. LeanSpa had an automated service. Where it states that I still had to pay 21.00 for the product which I never received. BE CAREFUL these companies are SCAMS and they give out your credit card information to other third party companies.

United Benefit AdvantageCharged for magazines I don't want & didn't order

I checked out a pop-up (1st mistake) that offered 1 yr subscriptions to choice of 2 magazines for $2 each in exchange for a free trial membership of a credit monitoring service. Received no such service, have received at least 6 magazines in past 3 weeks that I never ordered, and was charged $19.95 and $24.95 for what, I don't know. I'm going to contact my credit union and try to block any further theft of my money. It doesn't look like I'll get refunds, I just want out. Any ideas anyone???

Respond

United Benefit Advantagemy money never heard of them until my money was taken

i never heard of this company until my account was charged 29 99 i have no idea what it was for i contacted them at [protected] they said they canceled it but say they wont refunded my money i never gave them my bank acc. info an supposedly they are sending me a 100 dollar gas card which i dont even drive or have a car but this number is no where else on website i got it from my bank any ideas who to contact about getting money back??????

2 Responses
                  • Mo
                    MOChik Jun 17, 2010

I just got the call from this company, promising me $200 voucher for $5.95 to try the service for 2 weeks. Thanks to this website, I did not allow myself to get suckered in. For anyone needing the phone number to contact them, this is the number: [protected]. This will take you to the sales rep, who claims the calls are being taped to assure you won't get taken (yea, right!). If you can get past the sales rep, perhaps you can get another number to get to the management. Good luck to those who've already been suckered. Thanks for saving me from the same fate.

• Sh
                    shaun3333333 Dec 08, 2009

THIS is WHY you should LISTEN to what the person on the other end of the phone is saying ...im in sales myself and so many people i speak too, are in a hurry, are not listening, or dont care but all seem to stay on the phone and all seem to agree to what im saying...
                    PAY ATTENTION PEOPLE TO WHAT IS BEING SAID !!WHY DO YOU THINK PEOPLE ARE PAID TO CALL AND GIVE YOU PEOPLE SPEELS???
                    IF THEY COULD DO IT WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION WHY PAY EMPLOYEES???
                    WHY WASTE MONEY ON HAVING PEOPLE TALK TO PEOPLE FOR TEN MINUTES 8HRS A DAY IF IT WAS THAT EASY...YOU RUDE IGNORANT PEOPLE WHO DONT LISTEN THEN HAVE THE NERVE TO COMPLAIN...

United Benefit Advantage — Fraudulent withdrawal of funds from bank account

I received a call from someone claiming they were sending me a free 100 dollar gas card, and wanted me to...

United Benefit Advantagescamming hard working people

watch for these guys, they, ll take your money directly out of your account before you know it. you cant get ahold of anyone. and how they got my account number is still a mystery. but you can fight back. first you have to close your debit account so the scammers cannot access it anymore. bank of america was very helpful, they even refunded me.then you file a fraud complaint with your bank. this does take a little time and contact your local news investigators so they can broadcast the information to local news channels. and then file a complaint with your state attorney generals office. this can lead to a possible class action suit against UBA. the more complaints the better. protect your banking information by not going on line and buying any items. until their are consumer /fruad regulations in place. which the honest company's will not tolerate these types of ### companies to survive. legitimate companies that are on line depend on you the consumer.

1 Response
                    • Ro
                      Rob DeVore Sep 28, 2009

I have a credit charge to my bank account for 29.99 from CLUB [protected]... On Wednesday, 9/23/09 I made the mistake of signing up for a "Free" camera (from a web advertisement on either Facebook or Yahoo) by applying to certain programs . I realized my error very quickly and cancelled everything I had signed up for the very next day (Thursday, 9/24/2009) (Free Government grant info http://www.usfinancialresources.com, 1.87 shipping fee, Free "IvoryWhite", 1 dollar shipping fee, and Seattlecoffeedirect.com, 5 bags of coffee, w/ 2 free mugs, and 2 free travel mugs, for $25.00). All three were deducted from my bank card.
                      It was less than 1 hour after I signed up for this program that I started receiving telemarketing calls, and I now receive several calls every day. On Saturday, 9/26/09, I noticed the pending 29.99 charge mentioned above.
                      I called [protected] and got an answering maching message: "Thank you for calling, our normal operating hours are from Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5 pm, Eastern Standard Time."
                      I called my bank and they said that they have to wait until the charge clears (currently a pending charge) to put in a fraud claim. I advised my bank that I wanted my CC/debit card cancelled immediately (which is a huge hassle when you have to wait for your card, 7-10 days, and change all of your direct debit payments).
                      I am also getting bombarded by spam emails going directly into my inbox, in addition to the phone calls.
                      So, I've changed my bank card, now I have to change my cell number and email address, and let all of my friends and family know.
                      My advice: If an internet advertisement sounds too good to be true, you can bet your ars it is!

United Benefit AdvantageUnauthorized charges

Got signed up for this service after getting a phone call about a free shopping spree. Don't recall agreeing to anything, the package of discount materials was never received. Tried to call and cancel and succeeded, but representatives would not refund the $4.95 or the $34.95 fees. They were also very rude and hung up when I called back with my financial institution on the line with me.

2 Responses
                      • Mi
                        mickey glona Sep 09, 2013

never received anything from you, i went with humana, me and my son are now covered

• Mi
                        mickey glona Sep 09, 2013

i don't want united benefits advantage, i went with a different company, please cancel my payments or anything you have on me.

thanks,

mickey glona

United Benefit Advantage — Ripoff

Talk about a scam!!! You get the promise (in my case) of $150 in free gas, but you have to sign up for their...

United Benefit AdvantageHarassment

I first received a phone call on October 30th, 2008 from United Benefit Advantage at my work. At first I was a little interested in what they had to offer but as the call continued I felt uncomfortable and hang up. They called back that evening and we requested that they don't call back. They called another 2 times that night alone. The next day Friday October 31st, 2008 we received atleast 5 more calls all of which were unwarranted. I told him we were not interested and not to call back here again, this is a business line. I'm uncertain how many times they called on Saturday as I was not at work. Sunday November 2, 2008 he called 2 more times. This is harassment. The employee I spoke with I informed not to call back every time he called. This needs to stop or I may get in serious trouble at work, not to mention it's a disruption to the business.

3 Responses
                        • Se
                          Seizzy Dec 17, 2010

ugh same crap happened to me the other day!!! were you able to cancel? Im thinking of closing my checking acct. forget that.

Malibu1980 Oct 14, 2010

This company is a scam all you need to say to them is Better Business Bureau or Attourney General and they will give you all the money you were charged back...they should have the doors closed to this company they are fraudulent and do not sign up or work for this company !!!

• It
                          itsmeji Dec 29, 2008

I received a call on NOVEMBER 2008 saying that I was selected to get $1000 shopping spree by using this website: www.selectyourgifts.com but inorder to avail this gift, there's a package requirement of supporting the roswell magazines. The agent went over the details and they recorded my verbal contract of agreeing to the payment of $34.24 every month for 24 months but I could cancel anytime. The number that called me is [protected]. I was being uneasy when i heard that inorder to avail the 1000 dollars gift certificate, i have to support the magazines by paying every month. HOwever, I already gave my debit account information for the agent to file on their records because of the $1000 excitement. Because I felt this is going to be a trick or scam, I called the same number and talked to the same agent on that same day, about 10 minutes after I hang up the phone. I told him to cancel my account information because I didn't want anything to deal with this anymore and even my parents told me to cancel. THe agent said that it was only a pre-registration and they're not going to charge me anything UNLESS i sign the pre-authorization form w/ my signature authorizing them that I chose the certain magazines to be mailed at my door. When that pre-authorization mail arrived, I DID NOT FILL, SIGN AND MAIL IT BACK TO THEM. This act alone shows that I didn't want anything to do with their business. Meaning, i did not want any magazines to be sent to me. The agent's word was a LIE!!! My debit card was charged twice even though i didn't place an order. They charged me for the month of november and december 2008. The number that the agent told me to call to cancel is [protected] but they directed me to the phone number of the united benefits advantqage program which is [protected]. The account manager Ms. PALMER said that the magazines are pre-paid and the company cannot take the loss of so much money. She said that I owe $700 something because it was pre-paid and because of my verbal commitment. I explained to her that it would be absurd to pay that amount when the fact is I didn't place an order on the magazines, I have no job, i didn't get the 1000 gift card and most of all did not get anything from their company.She lowered the money that I owe to $300. She said if i pay this amount, I would not hear anything from their company anymore and They would not file a complaint to the COLLECTION AGENCY. Even the $300 amount, i am not willing to pay and never will. She said, I couldn't do anything about it but pay for it. 2 days ago, i received 2 magazines fr. them without the return address. I called again the United Benefits Advantage Program number to ask for the return address of the magazine and Palmer said the publication has nothing to do w/ it so she gave me their company's address saying that even i mail it back, there would be no change to what I owe.

Is there any way I could cancel this even though the company says I can't do anything with it, i just have to deal with the fact that I owe $300. As soon as I pay that amount, I will not hear anything from them and they will not send my info to the collections agency.

Can I report them to the BUsiness bureau?

I need help. Comment back pls.