United Benefit AdvantageFraudulent withdrawal of funds from bank account

I received a call from someone claiming they were sending me a free 100 dollar gas card, and wanted me to confirm my address. I did and they said to expect it in the mail soon. The next day I found a charge on my bank account for $29.99 from CLUB [protected]. I never gave them my credit card, and I never signed up for their product.

• Al
    ALchris Oct 01, 2009

I got the same thing, Rob. I called them up and asked them what it was, and he said there is a $30 fee to TRY THE FREE TRIAL. I would have been laughing hysterically if they hadn't have charged me so much. I closed out my account and canceled my card. The part that made me so mad is that the guy who calls you about this "free" gas card doesn't tell you about this charge. Guess that's the whole scheme.

THERE'S A SECOND COMPANY INVOLVED IN THIS SCHEME, IT'S CALLED <ID PROTECTION>. THEIR NUMBER IS [protected]. THEY DO NOT CHARGE YOU A TRIAL FEE, BUT THEY WILL CHARGE YOU. DON'T FORGET TO CLOSE THAT ACCOUNT AS WELL.

• Ni
    nikki210 Oct 24, 2009

how do you close these accounts? do they have websites? i signed up for a free trial of acaiburn and have been getting random charges from other companies as well...companies that i never gave my card information to...

SaraDonna Dec 01, 2009

I got the same thing too, Rob. Now I have another charge of $ 24.95!!! I'm so mad. I called them asking where is the product that I was supposed to receive and they said they have sent it out last week. I cancelled the account 2 weeks ago and they told me they sent out last week? And I didn't even receive anything yet from them!!! @Nikki210 They have the website www.usabenefits.biz but you are not able to log on! Now my bank is closed I can't wait to cancel my card!!

• Si
    Singer625 Dec 16, 2009

Today, Dec 16, 2009 I received a money submittal to my Missouri Unemployment Commission Debit/Credit Master card, given to me by the Unemployment service.

A company called Lifelock Plus in Alger, OH and another company UNITED BENEFIT A UNITED BENEFIT ADVA also in Alger, OH both took out 19.95. So 40.00 is gone out of my debit/credit card. Those two companies both have very similar ID numbers listed on my account record. I called Lifelock Plus, and they have no record of me, nor did they say they were called Lifelock Plus, just Lifelock. The lady was very honest and it was a security company, in which I believe them, that this is a SCAM.

Now, I have to cancel my card, and get a new one.

• Sp
    spatnum89 Dec 17, 2009

I resently bought some trial items online, and a few days later i got a phone call about a free gas card that was to be shipped along with those trial items. So i confirmed my address. Once I realized those products were a scam, I quickly canceled and returned those items the very next day, after recieving them. Now I never got that gas card, and even if I did i wouldnt use it. But I get frequent phones call and when I answer they hang up, and the other day I woke up to find that my bank limit was under my preferred threshold. When I checked, this "CLUB [protected]" and withdrawn 39.99 out of my account. So i went to the bank to report it, but I had to wait to days for it to pass from pending to confirmed, for a charge I never authorized. So now I have to get a new card and probably a new number, because those calls are getting out of control.

Its safe to say that I feel extremely disappointed in myself that I allowed to get brought in by those scams, and Im pretty sure Im never to buy anything from anywhere online anymore.

Josephine Vallejo Jan 30, 2017

Thank goodness I got on here . I just received a missed call from [protected] so I called back I told them I had a missed call and right away he knew who I was a gentle man name Doug said he wants to mail me a 100 $ gift card to be used anywhere I want and a 14 day trail to I.D 360 a program that helps keep your identity safe and a program called United Benifit Advantage that helps you save money at tons of places .He asked me to conform my address and I did . He said all I need to do to receive all of these wonderful deals is pay shipping and handling which would be 5$ total . He just needs my card info. He said I was being offered this because I was a preferred customer, so I asked from what company he said from credit card companies which is funny considering I don't own a credit card. When I told him that he asked if I was just scared to give out my info because a lot of ppl are hesitant to give their info out. I told him no I Dont own one but I do have a bank card that I Dont use. I asked if I could call him back after I went to deposit money into the bank he said OK just give me your bank card info so I can put this order on hold for you . I told him I couldn't find it because I Dont use it which is true I explained that I Dont drive so its hard to deposit money into my account, why I explained all if this I Don't know. So he gave me his name conformed my address and told me the names if the 2 companies. He said are you sure you want this if not just tell me so I can offer it to someone else, which to me is a mind game to get your trust . I took all the information down and told him I'd call him back. Its pretty scary knowing that he knew my full name and address and after readying these complaints probably my card info as well. I'm glad I have no funds on my card and I Dont have overdraft available. I'm also in the process of finding a new bank which now I have more motivation to do quickly.

• Da
    David W Clark Mar 30, 2017

Diffidently a big scam, if you get scammed and you cancel, they will take money out of your account two months down the road thinking you won't catch it. The best thing to do is call your bank and file a claim and request a new card