Sparktec Motorsports Complaints & Reviews

Sparktec MotorsportsFalse Advertising

I wanted to share my experience with SparkTec Motorsports, an aftermarket parts vendor with an online presence and an Ebay presence. I believe they are based in California, and getting the word out on poor customer service and falsely advertising products is important to me.

They advertise Ground Control Coilovers on their Ebay store for $359.10. The following is from their original posting for a 99-05 miata. They've since changed THIS specific ad, but you'll find the same verbiage on all their coilover postings.

Springs: We are pleased to announce that Eibach has chosen Ground Control as the west coast distributor for their ERS (Eibach Race Spring) line of springs. All of our ride height adjustable kits now exclusively feature Eibach springs. All racing and street/show spring rates are available. All Eibach springs offer a lifetime warranty against spring rate change and sagging.

After contacting the vendor to ask how I can purchase these with the race springs I want, I was told "We only have the stock spring rates right now." In their ad, they also state that all products are guaranteed to be in stock and ready to ship, or they will pay the buyer $25.00.

You may notice that the verbiage of their product description is identical to that of the Ground Control website, excluding the in-stock portion. They are also less expensive that Ground Control, so I was excited to do business with them. They have repeatedly refused to sell me what they listed, including stating that I didn't read the ad several times. I've asked several times "How do I order these with a 700 lbs front and a 400 lbs rear spring, and James Kang has stated repeatedly that the ad does not state this. I can only guess that English is not his native language. After many frustrating days requesting that they honor the price, he has refused.

I have documented my conversations as well as filed a complaint with the BBB for false advertising, but thought I'd help the community out.

Comment Guidelines

1 Response
    • Wa
      wanksta0777 Sep 06, 2013

I have emailed them as well as they do have the item in stock on what they advertise. You are asking for customer spring rates; their auctions do not state that they have customer spring rates available, and it would have to be ordered. Perhaps, you should learn to read and ask clear questions.

We all see their banner that they will forfeit $25.00 if they do not have it in stock. The item I needed; they had it in stock with free shipping. No complaints here.

Sparktec Motorsports — Fed up with Sparktec Motorsports, dont order from them!

I ordered a part last week and chose the 2nd day air delivery from UPS(which was an extra $60). It has been...