Shopper Discount Complaints & Reviews

Shopper DiscountUnauthorised removal of money from bank

I have just noticed a £10 a month payment from my debit card to Shopper Discounts going back at least 6 months. (I can't currently check my account any further but will do so now that I am aware of this). I have never knowingly agreed to paying £10 a month for this "service" and I get no benefit from paying it. I may have logged onto the website and agreed to pay a single £10 membership when I purchased 1 item on a website but it was not made clear that there would be a regular monthly payment taken from my credit card and I would like to know how I can get my money back. It would appear I am not alone in being conned like this going by some of the comments I have seen on the website.

MAHMOOD Jun 15, 2008

How I am charged every month $12.00 for what I did not approve of and how did they get my card number.

• Da
    DAWN HARDY Jul 09, 2009

THEY HAVE BEEN TAKING MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT FOR SOME TIME BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO CONTACT THEM AND I NEED THE MONEY.
    MY NAME IS
    MRS DAWN HARDY
    MY E-MAIL ADDRESS IS
    [email protected]

• Jm
    J. Moore Jul 14, 2011

This company is taking money from my debit card (£10) monthly. I did not authorise them to do this.

Shopper DiscountCredit Card Scam

In December of 2009 I was purchased some items at Dr. Leonard’s web site. In the process of paying for it with my credit card, the web site offered a $10 discount coupon and I accepted. Everybody likes to save money. Only what was offered was deceptive. When the offer is accepted your credit card information is sent to Shopper’s Discount without the customer particularly knowing that. Shopper’s Discount then starts billing your credit card $12 per month for its questionable services. When you finally realize you are being billed monthly for unwanted services and call Shopper’s Discount, they provide you with a cancelation and a refund. It skirts the law by offering to refund the last four months of its billing.

I know as I get older and mentally slower that I do not wish to be duped by companies such as Shopper’s Discount who can only exist through the cooperation of companies like Dr. Leonard’s. Evidently, Dr. Leonard’s and other companies like it must be profiting from this arrangement and therefore are just as guilty in this ploy to deceive the consumer.

I was also promised a refund for 4 months of payments which has yet to occur.

Maryo Sep 02, 2010

Hello:

I just read your post and would very much like to provide you with detailed information about your membership. It’s important to us that your concerns are addressed and that your issue is resolved and it’s easier to do this if you contact us directly so we can find the details of your membership. This way we can help answer your specific queries. You can contact us by calling our customer service team on 1-800-889-8776. Alternatively, you can contact me directly at [email protected] If you contact me directly, please reference this post.

Regards,
    Mary

Shopper Discountcharged from credit card

Hi
Shopper discount is not ready to take step back even getting complain all over the USA. Shopper discount taking money from the credit card with any acknowledge of the credit holder.They took away $12 from my account.I am still wondering what, s happening.Its really shame.
I found this posted in my statement activity as ---
SHOPPER DISCOUNTS [protected] CT on 02/14/0

Shopper DiscountUnauthorised debit from my Credit Card acount

Dear Sirs

I note that you have deducted £8 from my British Airways American Express Card detailing Mail Order on the 8th January 09.

I never authorised you to deduct from my card nor have I ordered anything over mail order for you to be able to deduct the money without my authorisation.

I am quite taken aback to note that you are able to do such a thing which is totally unethical and alarming from my point of view.

Please refund the money as soon as possible and explain why and how you are able to deduct money from my credit card account without my authorisation so that this does not happen in future.

If i do not hear from you within the next couple of days I shall take the matter up with the Trading Standard Agency.

Yours faithfully