Scholastic Books Complaints & Reviews

Scholastic BooksDidnt order but Im getting charged!

I keep getting charges on my credit card from Scholastic Books. I never ordered these yet I get charged. What am I getting charged for? I have read the other complaints but I am not recieving any packages, I am just getting charged for nothing. $18.89 a month I am fed up! I keep calling them and they are very rude and they hang up on you alot. If they do talk to me they claim that they cancel this subscription but I continue to recieve these charges. I dont have a job and I cant afford this crap! If you are looking to purchase something from this company, THINK AGAIN!!! THEY ARE SCAMMERS!

Resolved Scholastic BooksScam charges

I found a UPS package from Scholastic Books on the front door of my house after my vacation in May, 2008. I knew nothing about Scholastic and I never ordered anything from Scholastic! I also noticed that my Chase Visa credit card account had been charged twice. I had to call my credit card company and they changed a new card for me just because of this!

On 9/10/2008, I received a Bill with 241.99 with a account number [protected]-307, I called the phone number [protected] and got no answer from them.

On 10/5/08, I received another bill with 244.98 saying if payment is not received, they will referred this to collection agency and credit reporting agency

I have very good credit record (820+), what should I do?

• De
    debra Oct 11, 2008

Contact your State's Attorney General's Office and file a complaint. I believe you can file online.

Resolved Scholastic BooksUnauthorized charges

I noticed that my bank balances have been strange in the past couple of months and that I kept getting books addressed to 'last name' child. I think if i had kids and was ordering books for them they would have a first name and the funny part is I have no children. When i received the books i marked them return to sender and didn't open them up as I do with most mail. I finally got a third set of books and finally decided to open the envelope only to find out they have been charging my visa $16 per month unauthorized. Why would i order these books if I had no children. I also got a letter from Countrywide Mortgage saying someone from their company has sold personal information on their clients to a third party. I was wondering if an affiliate with Scholastic could be one of these parties? I'm going to file a appeal against these charges and change my credit card number immediately. If you get these books call customer service and stop the orders immediately.

• Le
    Leslie Rupp Oct 14, 2008

Payed off The Phonics Reading program and have cleared account only to be billed again! Talked to 3 different representatives and now the last one claims that the bill is being sent for collection even though it had been payed off!

• Pl
    PlainJoe Oct 01, 2009

Nowadays you just got to be more careful.

My kid came home with Scholastic book order form and told me he got the form from school but the school cannot order it for him. If we want to buy book on the form, I have to order from Scholastic website.

After I have seen your posting. I have decided not to buy book from them.

Thanks,

Resolved Scholastic BooksBooks scam!

Books and an invoice were sent to me that were never ordered. These are children's books, and we have no children in our home. I have called the company, and they tell me I ordered online, but will not give me any verification of this.

The Standard Operating Procedure for this company is apparently to send books and count on a certain percentage will pay the bill.

The rep with my first call to the company told me I must go to the post office and refuse the shipment so that it can be returned. It cost me over an hour of my time, plus travel to the nearest post office, to learn I could not do that because I had opened the small invoice envelope on the outside of the box.

The second rep on my next call to Scholastic was extremely rude and told me I ordered these children's books on line. She would send me a mailing label to return them. When I asked to speak to a supervisor on this because I was tired of having so much time on this scheme, she hung up on me.

My advise to anyone getting a package from this company: don't even touch it! Refuse delivery immediately. If you do open anything, you will end up spending much time and great frustration in trying to get this company to undo their operation.

Aniela Whisler Mar 18, 2008

Scholastic books calls me several times a day. On 03/17/08 I asked them not to call anymore. On 03/18/08 I received two more phone calls from them.

• Er
    Ervin Wiggins Mar 18, 2008

This company valueplusonline is complete ripe off ther is no suck web sight.

• Le
    leo meyer Apr 22, 2008

i ordered the health book from bottom line 2 months ago, i have heard nothing and then i get a notice iam 2mos past due and as yet i never receceied any book and i have no number to csll bottom line books

john May 15, 2008

You are not alone! Just like you, I also fell victim. I already posted a similar problem at this site.

Mahmud Jun 04, 2008

Happened to me too. I opened the box, opened the invoice and almost did the same thing you did before coming to my senses... I thought - hey wait a sec... if I spend money trying to send it back, what's to stop them from sending it to me again?

I didn't even bother calling up their support number. Gave away the books to a friend and tossed out the invoice. Scholastic wont get a freakin penny outta me!

• Pi
    pi Sep 24, 2008

So many scammers are out there thses day any one can get a hold of your email and sign you up for any thing.My suggesstion call them Send them back with a a label.Most people so not re;aize also the pop up surveys you take sign you up for these things be nice to them.The reps are only doing there job