Trafford Publishing Logo

Trafford Publishing

Having problems with Trafford Publishing?

Trafford Publishing reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 6, 2009. The latest review I am complaining about book "underage drinking: risks of disease and injuries" (copy submitted to trafford on may 29, 2020, 10:16 am) was posted on Nov 5, 2020. The latest complaint customer service was resolved on Jul 05, 2017. Trafford Publishing has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 32 reviews. Trafford Publishing has resolved 17 complaints.

Trafford Publishing Customer Service Contacts

SatClosed
SunClosed

Trafford Publishing Complaints & Reviews

Nov 05, 2020

Trafford Publishing — I am complaining about book "underage drinking: risks of disease and injuries" (copy submitted to trafford on may 29, 2020, 10:16 am)

Dear Madam/Sir, I submitted a manuscript of my book, "UNDERAGE DRINKING: RISKS OF DISEASE AND...

Tradfford PublishingPayment not received

I'm the author of Counting Smiley Faces and Counting Zippy Smiley Faces by Pami L. Wahl And they in these languages as well Spanish, German
I only got paid once from Tradfford Publishing and I never got the 40 free copies of each book they told me I would. And I know they are selling because you go to different sights and you will see reviews for these books.
I had friends that bought these books, and Amazon.com keeps saying one more book left.
I talked with them about three months ago and told them I can not get on my author account to see how I'm doing and put down my new bank card.
I just would like to get what is come to me.
my email Address [protected]@gmail.com

Trafford Publishingunpaid royalties for my book "peculiar crimes from africa:a prosecutors adventures"

i published the above book with trafford publishers in 2008.later trafford sought and got permission from me to publish an ebook copy of the book. i noticed they linked it up to amazon.co and even permitted other publishers to publish it on theirplatforms.but for Donkey years now trafford has not paid any royalty and i am agrieved and wants to know why. please reply to [protected]@gmail.com

ben ijeoma adigwe Esq

Trafford Publishing — watermark color publishing package and hollywood coverage

I took my first package in 2010 and the second one in 2013. Nothing happen from that, I did not received any...

Trafford Publishingcustomer service

I spoke with Lawrence last week about him sending me a copy via email of my late father's contract. The name of the book is titled Diabetes Epidemic & You,
      Author Joseph R Kraft, MD.
      I also spoke to a different person about getting the cost basis for author purchased books (the quantity discount rates) and I did not receive that information either.
      I tried calling [protected] and it does go through. The operator says I need to check the number and try again. Which I have done several times.
      Please respond to [protected]@gmail.com with a non 800 or 888 call back number.
      Regards,
      Mark Kraft

RESOLVED

N

Trafford Publishing — Fraudulent theft from my bank account

Trafford Publishing contacted me about expanding my reading program (four books) which they had published in...

Trafford Publishing — Con artists

Back in may 2014 after dealing with an illness i published my first book with trafford publishing. They took...

Trafford Publishing — It's a ruthless money-making business

I have published a (flimsy, poor quality) children's picture book with Trafford and can now only warn...

Trafford Publishingripped off my dreams so i self published on amazon

have you been ripped off by vanity or subsidy pod publishers like I have? keep your hopes and dreams, save money self publish a e-book yourself on amazon like I did mine
        charles manson final Letters to a mad man
        author charlene m ashcraft
        it contains his handwritten letters and is 192 pages long on YouTube at http://youtu.be/mHV48_BzUP4

• Eu
            Eula Boddington Jan 24, 2014

VDM and Tafford are the same rip off artist this company published 3 books for me and told me I dont make any royalities. Are there any laws that can help us to recover our royalties. They are all thieves.

• Ab
            AbdulAbdullah Nov 29, 2013

in all fairness to them, my books now are almost finished. I am from Malaysia and so far so great. So far my assistant in production of books is helpful and on time. Hoping i wont experience any of these negative things. I am crossing my fingers all the time. But so far, so good. Nothing bad to say.. yet.. hopefully not ever

Trafford Publishing — Broken Promise

When I spoke to Joseph Massey of Trafford Publishing, we talked about the Nova deal in which I could pay $649...

Mississauga

Trafford PublishingTrafford Publishing - Charrise Atkins

I contacted via email to Trafford Publishing few months ago (Feb 2013) to enquire on publishing a book.
          A filipino woman called me to offer me some help and discounts if I were to publish books with Trafford.
          Since, she has been calling me as many as 20 times a day and sending lots of emails.
          Her persistent attitude tells me something is fishy.
          I did not publish any books with them though I had given to her my credit cards details.
          I called my credit card compony and warn them of unauthorised amount from Trafford if any.
          This woman called herself Charrise Atkins, sounds like an American but the truth is she is a filipino lady.
          I tried to calling the main line of Trafford Publishing that is listed on their website and the lady who answered is also a Filipino woman.
          I had lost hope since.
          The issue now is, this woman Charisse Atkins has been making nuisance calls to my phone.
          She even created an account on LinkedIn and tried to add me.
          I rejected her request.
          Many weeks ago, I did a google on her and no results came up.
          But just a while ago, I did a google on her and guess what, she just created a FaceBook account with the name Charisse Atkins, with only 4 friends.
          She is trying to convince me that she exists.
          I am no fool to believe this as I am an IT specialist.
          I have done many business in Philippines and we are all aware how low Filipinos could go to rob anyone out of their money.
          This time by Trafford Publishing.
          Such a shame Trafford is under Penguin Group.
          I had just made a Police Report a while ago regarding the nuisance calls and the authority will definitely take action.
          Nevermind if we cannot find Charisse Atkins as she is not real.
          But we will definitely get Trafford Publishing.
          So everyone please be careful if you would like to publish a book.
          Do not approach Trafford Publishing.
          They are a bunch of scammers!

Jo Mogen Dots Dec 04, 2017

Any complaints should be directed to the Indiana Attorney Generals Office web site and file a consumer complaint.

• Th
              The Great Australian Outback. Oct 05, 2013

You are so stupid, first of all why would you say she scammed you if you did not provide your credit card to her of have published a book with Trafford in the first place? Second, a company like that will always follow DNC (Do Not Call) rule which is observed by big companies that operate with customer service or sales service through the phone so you could have just told her to stop calling and she could have stopped a long time ago, the reason why she kept calling you is because you don't tell her to stop calling instead you probably just say "I'm busy", I'm in a meeting" or what not, and why would you call your credit card "campony" if you have not given your credit card to them, who are you kidding and oh by the way what is wrong with being a Filipino you fat racist. Don't you know that big American companies used Filipinos as customer service because of the quality they can provide, ask HP, Dell, AT&T and sooooo much more. And what is this sentence "She is trying to convince me that she exists" What? of course she exist, she had been calling you hadn't she? and i google Trafford they are a bonafide company who really pleased me with there services which my book is earning sales and I'm getting royalty commission because of them. The reason why they don't use their real name is because of people like you who complain to much without proper basis, personally i think you an idiot. Why use real name if the company is real and besides if you want to file a case would you file against the sales people or would file against the company?

• Pr
              ProudFilipino Aug 21, 2013

RACIST!

• St
              StressedAuthor Jun 19, 2013

Hi my name is Shen Li and I am an author in Singapore. I've done my research about Trafford Publishing as well and I receive calls from different people every hour of every day. The system they are doing is getting stressful especially to authors like me who have professional jobs too. I am from Singapore and I managed to hire someone here to do an internal investigation about the company. Charisse Atkins real name is Charisse Alivio. I also receive a lot of calls from someone named Brex I forgot his surname. I changed my phone number because of this. If that helps, I can tell you more about Trafford. My email address is [email protected] I am also a member of an Author Circle.

• De
              Desperate Author Jun 02, 2013

I self published a book in Oct. 2010 with Trafford Publishers and after the book came out I used to was the book finder 4 u to calculate the sales but according to Trafford there was never any sales. I received $36. in royalties. According to Neilsen Surveys there was a considerable amount of books sold. If anyone wants to contact me go to [email protected] I cancelled in Nov.2012 and even after cancelling they still phoned. One hand doesn't know what the other is doing. My book was called A DESPERATE JOURNEY by D.H.Clark

Trafford PublishingLoyalties

I publish a book titled Understand Human mind and Intelligence 2011 with Trafford publishing Bloomington, as an author, I am entitled to loyalties which never send for a year now, I conducted Trafford loyalties and customer services several time but they have different stories of missing checks but they never indicate who cash them nor where they where send. Its look like Trafford is scamming its author.

• Cb
                cburris Sep 25, 2016

I published my book with Trafford titled, "Riding on Angels Wings." I have not received a statement or royalties in over 6 years now. I cannot get a hold of anyone when I do they just try to sell me more crap or want to see if I want to publish another book. You look everywhere on the internet and there is my book. I want to know where my money that is owed to me went? Since this I have not written or attempted to write another book. The book I had published took me years to write. I feel cheated and just to think of this company makes me want to vomit. We need a Class Action law suite against them. It's NOT right at all. When I published my book, there wasn't many options for publishing. These people are scam artists. They need to pay us all that used their service.

Jo Mogen Dots Dec 05, 2017

@cburris All complaints should be sent to the Indiana Attorney Generals Office Gov web site and file a consumer complaint.

• Da
                danniessis Jun 11, 2013

Thank-you for the warning I was contacted by them for the Nova 649 price and wanted me to sign up right away I told them I would need to my husband and he looked them up Please every one check out the people first I would not send then out a transcript until I received a confidentiality contract thanks for the heads does anyone know of a reputable publisher

• Ve
                veryangryauthor May 21, 2013

Looks like you will not be getting your royalties. I have contacted few authors who had done some publishing work with Trafford and they had told me exactly same story like yourself. Beware of them. They are a bunch of scammers.

Trafford Publishing Company — Fraud case

I received a charge on my credit card which is linked to my checking acct. I noticed this $295.00 charge on...

Trafford Publishingproofreading non existent

I have just received my 50 ordered copies, When I was sent the first proof to approve, all seemed okay I had constantly been at them to correct and a number of issues. In this second despatch, I see that they have more errors than within the first. It looks as though I have not bothered to address these concerns. I was in a writer's group and we self published and our editing was spot on. I always get an apology but that isn't enough any longer. I paid $3000 AU. Is there anyone who actually represents perople such as I at a fair price againstcompanies such as Trafford. I wanted these books to sell and for Christmas presents. I am totally amazed at the hard sell, false promised, sloppy editing and the fact that the phone is not serviced.

Janet Horton Mar 07, 2013

From experience, and as a publishing consultant, I can tell you there is almost NEVER a reason to go with a publish-on-demand or vanity publishing company. They either get your money up front with no way of knowing if there is any return on your investment, or they get your money in royalties with no evidence of a return on your investment. You even lose on your royalties by the time bookstores and Amazon like places pound their royalties and commissions out of you. The only people who benefit are the publishing companies and lawyers. Where there is a breach by the publisher, yes you can almost always get out of the contract by taking your complaint public and to the social networks. You are entitled to a financial accountability, the print ready file - unless you signed away your ownership rights, then you own nothing; and the distribution and listings should be yanked from all places claiming commissions and royalties under the name of the publisher.

For the unestablished, and sometimes to an established, author the world of publishing is intimidating, confusing and overwhelming. There are a multitude of different types of publishing houses and sources in which to use. Which is right for you? What happens when you go with a less than honorable vanity or print on demand publisher? What steps are involved in the writing, printing, publishing, distribution and marketing of a book? How does an author proceed safely with their dream? How does an author determine what is the best course of action for their book? As an author, writer and publishing consultant my goal is to help the author determine what their best course of action is and sometimes how to undo a bad choice and how to start over. www.janethorton.net

Trafford PublishingRoyalties

i was told by one of the marketing staff that the sales vendors around the world will not update their sales files due to me not having an ITIN. such ITIN is only acquired at the IRS. i cannot get this number from the IRS as Trafford are dragging their feet on supplying a W-7 letter to acknowledge my account with them. it seems as though it is all a scam as recently the parent company of Trafford Publishing (Author Solutions) was bought out by Pearsons Group. more problems have arisen since then. this is an ongoing scam by trading over companies to different owners so they get away with their dubious activities. who do i complain to to get things done and sorted out?

• Cb
                    cburris Oct 29, 2016

I had one book published by Trafford. I have not been able to contact them regarding my royalties that I know I have coming. I can find my book everywhere on the Web called. "Riding on Angels Wings." I would like to know why I have not received a statement from them in years. I feel like I have been ripped off. Years of dedication went into writing my book and it makes me sick that my work did not pay off. Trafford is NOT an honest company and a lawsuit should be filed against them for FRAUD. A huge waste of my money and my time; consequently, I have not written since. I use to love to write but due to this, I have lost interest and hope.

anna-nina Kovalenko Jul 13, 2016

I do not know what to do, because I already published 2 books with Trafford and filled the forms (another word gave them information about my account) and now I see those comments, afraid for me is too late...

• Pa
                    Pami1 Dec 18, 2014

I'm A author and I have no Problem with Trafford Publisher I'm on my six books with them to get publish and all my books are selling on Amazon.com and other websites. And on the Kindle and Barnes and Noble they will order it for you.
                    And also it on The Nook as well. And ebook And lots of book store are selling my book as well!
                    Take a look on Amazon.com for Pami L. Wahl my books are all for children they are counting books.
                    But if you don't like don't stay with them. Go to Faith Publishing online.

Joe A A Silmon-Monerri Nov 22, 2012

DEAR FELLOW AUTHOR, BEAR IN MIND THE WORD 'BEWARE' BEFORE READING ON: You don't need to rely on Trafford to get a W-7 form, request it from the IRS direct, and ask for Explanatory Notes (a guide to fill the form). However, if you're in the UK, as I am, you will need to have the document and your passport certified by a United States Certifying Agent. A British Notary Public will not do. I paid a British Notary £60.00 and it was rejected by the IRS Department at the American Embassy, Grosvenor Square, because it needed to be done by an American, and filling the form is a lot more complicated than it looks. If you answer incorrectly, they'll throw it back at you. So I lost £60.00, the British Notary refused to refund me. Then I found a firm in Salford, UK, near Manchester, that handled ITIN applications and certifications. The Certifying Acceptance Agent certified the documents for me and I got the immense shock that the fee was £200.00. He eventually dropped it to £150.00. So far this had cost me £210.00. I sent my documents off, in the belief that, as an American Treasury-Approved-Certifying-Acceptance-Agent had certified my British Passport and my Form W-7, and thought that I was home free. Well, how wrong can one be??? After some six weeks, the IRS acknowledged receipt of my documents (including the approved certified details of my passport - the page that your photograph and name and surname are on). Unfortunately, the certification wasn't good enough for them. They now wanted my actual Passport. I had to send that via FedEx, at a cost of a further £32.00. Total by this stage: £242.00 British Pounds. It took THIRTY years to write my 728-page book, and after two years of "alleged publication" in August 2010, it has yielded me a total of US$ 19.00 in 2011, and just £2.33 - their parting insult in recent days, since I finally decided to terminate my contract with these time-and-money-wasters (Trafford Publishing). So I wasted TWO YEARS waiting for royalties that never really came and £242.00 for exemption of US taxes, that they didn't even apply to my £2.33 royalty received just days ago in November 2012. In another complaint of mine in this forum, you can see why I terminated the agreement signed as far back as November 2007, when they had offices in Oxford, UK. I said BEWARE earlier: My recommendation to you is, unless you happen to be a lucky Trafford author, who receives royalties regularly (not that I believe that they actually pay royalties), don't bother wasting your money on any tax exemption. Just change your publisher, forget you ever pay to publish, and make sure you never employ people like them ever again!!! My US tax exemption, is, knowing my luck, only applicable to my now non-existent book and this exorbitant 'make-believe' "publisher". I just knew that I would never receive royalties in sufficient amounts to even cover the tax-exemption fees to the US Treasury that I paid through the nose for. I was certainly and absolutely right on this occasion. I now have a new, REAL, publisher who doesn't charge to publish and provides *free of charge*, many of the services that Trafford charge thousands of dollars for, attaching their own mark-up at your expense. DON'T WASTE ANY MORE OF YOUR MONEY, MY FRIEND! BUT DEAL DIRECT WITH THE IRS IF YOU HAVE TO. Joe A A Silmon-Monerri, Manchester, UK. Nov. 2012.

Trafford Publishing (Author Solutions)Lies To Get Your Business

These people will tell you anything to get your name on a contract to allow them to publish your book. Don't believe a word they say, especially don't believe the lie that they are going to pay you royalties even on the books you order yourself, because they ain't!!! Shop around, they're are too many legitimate publishers out there, DO NOT USE TRAFFORD!!! Speaking from experience, unfortunately. They say they are located in the USA, but haven't talk to anyone in the company yet, that didn't have a heavy foreign accent.

Trafford PublishingDon't give a tax id to trafford don't give them nothing they will use it against you to keep publishing your book even though contract is ca

The only thing we screwed authors should give trafford publishing is a big lawsuit for stealing authors dreams and the possibility of them being prosecuted and given the electric chair for murdering authors dreams of wealth. Don't give them a tax id number after contract is cancelled they may use it as an UN implied way of you giving them permission to keep selling your book a cancelled contract means there should be no more royalties coming 2 years or even a year later and if the tax id was so darn important they would have gotten it when we first published. '
                    Seriously contact the Federal trade commission at [protected] to file a complaint only by group complaints will anything be done
                    Federal trade commission
                    consumer response distribution center
                    PO box 767
                    Lebanon tn 37088

• T0
                        T'd Off Mar 12, 2013

Trafford really screwed me over. I took my book off the market three years ago to further edit and revise it prior to any copies being sold. They put the book back on the market without my permission which I learned a bookstore in England is advertising my book, and they can sale 20 at a time for a discount of $31.00 each. Trafford told me they only print books upon requests and don't send books to bookstores. They've ignored my E-mails and won't bother responding to my complaints. I'm hiring an attorney and suing the hell out of that stinking, deceitful company. Those people need to be in prison and that corrupt company permanently closed.

Trafford PublishingAlert the fcc only by all of us will invesgation be opened on trafford i did

The only way to stop trafford publishing from scamming others like us is to contact the Federal trade commission. The urgency comes as without many complaints the fdc said they would seek prosecution or investigate them that is what they told me when i wrote them with the evidence of fraud. by the way what kind of sales did you guys do trafford told me i only sold 16 books in 2 and half years????? is this same for all of you other authors ???
                      There are 3 ways to complain and get trafford prosecuted either by mail, phone or email and there below mail is best because you can send proof to them as i did

federal trade commission
                      consumer response distribution center
                      PO box 767
                      Lebanon tn 37088
                      phone # [protected] for tty phone [protected]

can post complaint online at WWW.FTC.gov

• Au
                          Author from Europe Sep 19, 2012

Trafford Publishing said, I never sold any single book from year 2008 until year 2012, when in fact I was self-promoting my books in the last 3 years. Yearly, I have sold books through friends and acquaintances through networking and blogs and I was alerted of their scams when someone again new from the marketing department tried to sell me USD 2, 999.-- for marketing services. There has been no report of sales from Amazon and other retailers when in fact friends of mine in Germany, UK and USA have bought copies of my book through Amazon. They even published the ebook version without consulting me first on prices and some friends of mine bought and uploaded the e-book version (Kindle) and until now Trafford said I have ZERO sales. There must be really a scam in their system since it was bought by Author House Solutions.

Trafford Publishing EditorialDiscrimination

They was so rude. I ask for somebody in Spanish. They say they don't have it and one year ago i talk to somebody in Spanish. The first lady i was talking to she said why i want to publish in Spanish instead in English. Omggg discriminationnnn. I call again and talk with another rude lady. I so upset. Because somebody recommended this editorial and is not was i was thinking about. Definitely i want to share my bad experience and no recommended this editorial trafford.

Trafford PublishingUnauthorized Visa Charges

A sales consultant put unauthorized charges in the amount of $3000 on my Visa without my consent on a staggered payment plan as I had numerous other payments. He then tried to credit it just on paper but not with Visa to make it look like a complimentary service. When I found out, the company did not refund my money but said they refunded it to other services when in fact I had already paid for these same services. Now I have to dispute all this complicated trail of paper through the company with Visa. Trafford won't give me the dates and the amount of the transactions to give to Visa to dispute the charges.

• Ve
                              veryangryauthor May 21, 2013

It happened to me in March 2013. I was lucky, based on my guts feelings, I checked my credit card bill online saw an unauthorused transaction from Trafford about US$1000. I quickly called the credit card company and informed them about the unauthorised transaction. About 1 week ago, I got back the money. But during the 2 months of suspension status on the credit card, Trafoord representative has been calling as many as 20 times a day and sent lots and lots of email saying that they are trying to reach me and sell me attractive packages, which I managed to 'bounce' all their emails. While typing this, they are still calling. They got to be kidding. After the unauthorised transaction, they are still trying hard to sell me something.

noel allen Apr 23, 2013

I submitted my manuscript to Trafford Publishing, and they said it was OK, at first. Them they had a Author rep. dogged me for days until I finally caved in and paid the first installment of a $1000.00 package. Lo and behold, they said my manuscript was not publishable because of explicit details. Now comes the crooked part. I said, OK, give me back my money. They are now giving me the run around. What I'm upset about is the fact that I told the rep. from the outset that my book is about rape, and contains explosive matter. But guess what? Her MAIN purpose is to get her commission. To hell with me. I'll keep you guys posted.

I agree, they are a damn set of crooks; just after the authors money, and nothing else.

• Fr
                              Frustwritten Dec 16, 2012

Do you bank over the internet at all? If so, perhaps you can pull up the transactions available. It may be worth registering for that very purpose or go to the bank and ask for a statement, even if you have to pay. You would have paid enough already I am sure of that. I will be checking my statements as usual online and am considering a dispute as although Trafford states that the payment is non- refundable, I did not get the promised product. If enough of us take action against these people they may get get the message eventually. Next time I will also be mindful of buyer beware. Good luck.