Robert Morris University Complaints & Reviews

Robert Morris UniversityRacism and Discrimination

I agree with the above statements and with the fact that RMU staff and administration are neither social responsible, nor they care about their students’ wellbeing. All they care about is money and their own wellbeing. For this reason, they place the standards too low for the students, and all they care about I for students to find dome jobs where they work for Target or similar stores and are cashiers. Well, they refer to this positions as sale representatives. In fact, their low expectations can be viewed when there is a job fair which is a complete joke !
During my entire education at RMU, I had only two B’AS and everything else was A. More than 90 percent of my cohort was passing by very easily because they were just reading the summary at the end of each chapter and were playing the lottery when they had a multiple choice quiz or test. Unlike them, I was reading every page of the book. I had even instructors who showed that they do not know what the chapter is about, and they have even talked in class exactly what I placed on the Power Point slides I created, which I emailed to them. At least, they have read my Power Points!!! What does this tell to students?! This shows to students that the expectations are very low, and they can go by as easily as the instructors are going by.

In fact, I understood that RMU have been talking about me to employers behind my back and have been making me look like a complete joke in front of employers. In fact, they have not only been making me look like a complete joke, but they have also made employers give me a hard time because of the bull they have been telling about me. However, it is not their business what I do with my life!!! When I found my internship, which was nothing at all like a clerk or a cashier, instructors were even talking on front of the class that I had contacts, and that’s why I found this internship. However, if they have found their job by knowing someone and using contacts to get them in the door, this does NOT mean that other people are stupid like they are. Some people may actually have skills!!!

In addition, when I found my internship, which supposed to be a practicum, the career representative lady started to give me a hard time, and she started to harassing me. This is the person to whom students need to give the internship documents. She wanted to give her the name of my site superviser. However, during the same week, a person from my cohort stated that she filled the practicum form for the internship, but it turned out that will do researches for the give company. I told to the career representative that I don’t want any misunderstanding to happen, and I want to do well during my internship. However, she started coming out with the crap that RMU DOES NOT WANT THEIR STUDENTS TO MAKE COFFEE DURING THE INTERNSHIP. I told her that she does not have to worry about this, and that I am not the type of person that will allow someone to make me make a coffee . However, it turned out that she has been communicating with my site representative. One time, I asked worker in my internship site something about Microsoft Excel which supposed to be a simple question about her. However, she did know the answer, and her excuse was that she needs to go to a meeting. However, when I turned back, her boss was their too. Although I figured how to do this on my own, now one of the instructors in my last semester started talking that it is good to ask a coworker about something you can not do instead of your boss. I felt that RMU are on to me all the time. Don’t they have something else to do besides going after students, talking about students’ lives, and getting onto students’ business!!! Anyway, I actually did not get any hands on experience during my internship experience because of RMU stupidity and desire to keep their positive relationships with companies, and all I did was researches which is NOT a hands- on experience at all!!!

In fact, their politic to pick up who they treat well can be viewed during their practices because they allow some students who they like to treat other’s like a ###!!! In fact, they also go by the idea that the blond and tall students need to be treated better than they treat other students. Well, yes that is nowadays, like they said in the classes, companies pick the people who can represent the positive image for the company!!! However, that’s a complete bull!!! They have been racists in every possible way!!! There was a student in my cohort who wanted to be the boss of everyone else. Well, yes she had a blond hair, and she was tall. So, she had to get away with her unsophisticated skills about the English grammar and run-on sentence. Although, people were keeping away from her because she was too bossy, unfortunately, I was in a group with her during the first and last semester. All she was doing was changing my correct grammar sentences into run-on sentences and sentence fragments. So, during the first semester, I deleted what she uploaded on the blackboard because I did not want the instructor to get into the impression that I don’t want how to write. Well, she told him that it wasn’t there, and the instructor got al mad at me when he understood that I deleted it. So, he started talking during class time that there must be one person in the group who checks for grammar mistakes. So, I asked him “what about if this person changed correct sentences into wrong ones and does not know English grammar.” So, the other bull with this blond tall a girl was because she always wanted to be the one who fixed the Power Points for the final projects. However, during this time I was not in her group. However, there was one person who was teaching at RMU. He was hoping that the instructor, who was the chairperson of the department that he teaches for, will give him some classes next semester. However, this blond bossy a girl messed him up because she changed his Power Point slides to sentences which didn’t have any visual representations. So, the instructor didn’t like his Power Point slides and didn’t give him any classes to teach NEVER AGAIN. Consequently, he dropped from the program.

In fact, the students at the school always have to show that they are the boss of everyone else, especially the ones who play sports. They also get very defensive and tell lies to protect their creepy actions!!! For one of my classes, I was in a group with a student who played sports. He was always doing his homework before class and it the last moment. I was completing the group project due the time assigned by the group!!!One time, he started talking bull after class in the room, where instructor was next to us, in order to listen to our conversations. He started getting defensive because of his fear that someone can tell to do instructor about his actions. So, he started yelling at me that I have submitted my part late in the evening. However, the instructor did not tell him not to yell. All he did he was smiling at him!! Why????? It is simple!! This person was in the one of the RMU teams. I decided not to say anything because this instructor is a friend to the president of the school. In fact, that’s one of the instructors who do not read the text book, and he talked what was on my Power Point slide one time.
In fact that’s one way how the bureaucracy works at RMU: if you know someone, you will be good. In fact, this instructor was talking bull about me to someone from the administration because one time when I was with friend sitting outside of the classroom, this person from the administration pretended to throw something in the garbage so he can see who I am. After that, he hid behind the corner to listen to our conversations, which I do Not appreciate.
The politics of RMU are complete bull, and they are based on their stupidity and laziness. You are good there only if you know someone!! They act like they are Fidel Castro. However, that’s a democratic country!!!It is neither communistic nor socialistic!!!

Joe Johns Oct 20, 2013

I agree with the above facts that Robert Morris administration acts like Fidel Castro, its members get into students' business, and they are not socially responsible. I am an African American male. When I was going to Robert Morris, the school required that every student buys the code for an electronic Portfolio. Considering that I come from low income family, paying 100 dollars for the code was lots of money for me and my family. However, I had to do it because the final projects had to be uploaded on this electronic portfolio. The school rule was that students were supposed to do this until the end of the program. However, after couple semester the administration started getting into the students' electronic portfolios, for which each student had his/her own code, and RMU staff started deleting students final projects which they have previously uploaded on the electronic portfolio. The first question is how they did that? May be they hired very good hackers!!! Well, the RMU security had proved to qualify for this job!! They are trained into this field and are real professionals about this!!! Maybe each instructor deleted the students' work for each of their classes because they had an access to it. However how??????? The second question is whether deleting students' work from their electronic portfolios was socially responsible? May be not!! All they cared about was for employees not to identify that more than 80% of the RMU students make mistakes, whether from a lack of knowledge or from rushing to write their tons of research papers. Well, if you have 4 research papers given due in one week, everything can be expected.

Students started complaining about the fact that someone else is getting into their personal account for which they were supposed to be the only ones and was deleting their work without their permission. However, the RMU staff continue to do this without listening to students' comments. What does that tell?? Is that an action for a business which operates in a democratic country?????No! It seems RMU administration thinks that their business operates in a country where there is socialism, and there actions resemble the ones of Fidel Castro!!!

• Vi
    Vicky T Oct 26, 2013

A reliable source told me that instructors can delete students' work from a computer program or electronic portfolio. Personally, I saw the "delete" button instructors need to use in order to delete students' work. It is found when they right click on the mouse on the underlined part which stands for students' work. It appears like a hyperlink. I also believe that deleting students' work is very unethical, especially for a business school which teaches "ethics, communication, and social responsibilities." In other words, RMU has been hypocrites because they do the opposite of what they teach.

I am still going to RMU, and they don't have any vending machines or microwaves. I was told that the reason for this is their desire to make a profit from their cafeteria since there is a culinary school at RMU. However, taking away the microwaves and vending machines shows that RMU does not think about students' well- being. Therefore, they are unethical and socially irresponsible.

Robert Morris University — fraud and corruption

Robert Morris University cares only about getting students' money and don't care about students' careers. There is lots of corruption at this school, and they...

Robert Morris Universityracial descrimination, sexual harassment

I am a male African American student, and I graduated in 2013. I agree with the student's comments on yelp.com that instructors write lower grades to African American students than they do to white ones. To balance this, I have observed that over 80% of the African American students are abusive toward the white ones. In addition to all this racial tension, I have been told that some security guards seek sexual favors by female students. If female students are not willing to do any sexual favors to some security guards, the security guards are finding the internet webpages of the female students and are harassing them. I also agree that students do 99% of the work, and more than 80% of the instructors have not even read the textbook or don't know what it is about.

Northeaster Jul 28, 2013

I also would like to point out that there is a sexual harassment in the workplace at Robert Morris University. Male employees are seeking sexual favors by female employees. If the female employees are not willing to cooperate with them and do not comply with the sexual harassment, male employees become very rude and abusive to female employees. The male employees are even making up some lies about the female employees and tell them to their bosses as a way to retaliate those who have not complied with their request to be sexually harassed. However, those females who cooperate with their co coworkers and allowed them to be treated like some hookers are not abused by those to whom they become their playmates. It is just interesting whether the wives of the male employees know about their games.

• Ne
    NEIU Aug 28, 2013

Robert Morris University cares only about getting students' money and don't care about students' careers. there is lots of corruption at this school, and they harass students to do their internship at Robert Morris University. However, the internship at Robert Morris consists of writing a research. RMU also cares more about keeping positive relationship with companies than impacting students' careers in a positive way. I found an internship at a Hospital and filled the internship application about practicum. However, later on I understood by one of the people working for the given hospital that RMU representative has spoke with them to give me to do a research instead of having a hands- on experience. I found this to be very disturbing because I believe that RMU should not stand on students' way to achieve their goals. They not only do to this to those students who do not want to do their practicum with them, but they do it to everybody. It is like they own you of you are their student. Also, if you work at Robert Morris University, even if you are a student employee working some office jobs, you are required to do your internship at Robert Morris University and not anywhere else.

Robert Morris Universityracial discrimination harassment

I am African American male student, and I graduated in 2013. I agree with the other students' comments on yelp.com that instructors write lower grades to African American students than they do to white ones. To balance this, I have observed that over 80% of the African American students are abusive toward the white ones. In addition to all this racial tension, I have been told that some security guards seek sexual favors by female students. If female students are not willing to do any sexual favors to some security guards, the security guards are finding the internet webpages of the female students and are harassing them. I also agree that students do 99% of the work, and more than 80% of the instructors have not even read the textbook or don't know what it is about

• Ne
    NEIU Aug 28, 2013

• 03
    034834233 Nov 11, 2013

I agree. These comments are true. Also warn your friends and family about visiting RMU downtown Campus. Recently a girl who is a student at RMU was victim of the RMU security staff. Her family was abused and arrested by two RMU security officers who accused the student’s family of trespassing.

• Rm
    RMmm Dec 19, 2013

I believe that RMU securities are capable of abusing and arresting people without any reason. I am a student at RMU downtown Campus and was a victim of abuse by the RMU security during the summer break when I used the library. Their philosophy is that if you take a semester off, this means that you are not their student and are not connected with them, no matter if you work for RMU or are a student. Therefore, their philosophy is that students can not use the campus in any way when they take the semester off.

• 00
    000000000000 Dec 24, 2013

In general, trespassing means going into someone else's premises without any permission. However, it seems that this girl and the girls' family have been used as a scapegoat of the unsophisticated actions and lack of knowledge of RMU security officers. RMU is a public institution. For this reason, it is the security's job to have outside people signup and write where they are going before people try to go somewhere at the school. Consequently, this girl's family can bring a lawsuit against Robert Morris University for using them as a scapegoat and for RMU staff to fail to follow the Illinois policies. Just keep in mind that RMU staff and administration bluff a lot and lie in order to protect themselves. This means that they go around the truth and turn the story 360 degrees around in order to put the blame on other people for what happens. RMU can bluff as much as they can about their stupid policies because they can change them for their own benefit depending on the situation, but they can not bluff about Illinois rules.
    Also, this girl's family needs to look at the possibilities whether she has previously pissed off RMU security officers, and they are retaliating on her by using the excuse of trespassing.
    Probably most of RMU securities have at most 60 credit hours because this is one of the requirements to become a cop, and probably they have been bullies at school when they were young. That's why they enjoy so much torturing innocent people. The life and past of RMU security officers can be investigated. Why not????? They are doing this to students and instructors. Thanks to RMU security officers, RMU fired so many people for what they are doing with their own personal life since RMU securities tell back to the administration what they find about people. They are paid to do this! For example, one instructor was fired because RMU security officers found that she sells condoms on the internet. RMU has also fired people who have a second job, or they also apply to work in another school. RMU policy is that RMU employees can not have a second job and can not work for another school. They relate their idea to the concepts of rivalry in the higher education industry and competition. If someone works somewhere else, RMU fires the people.