High Tech Institute Complaints & Reviews

High Tech Instituteeducation

I attended this school and it no longer exist . I was not able to complete my courses to obtain my degree and now that the school is closed I can never complete it or transfer my credits that I recieved . The school is closed but I still have to pay . I feel that something should be done about predatory pop schools that make promise that haven't been keep but has changed the course of my life.

High Tech Institutedebt of 22,000 and a degree that's not worth the paper its written on

I attended high tech institute 2003 for x-ray tech program, in minnesota. I'm originally from New Jersey and asked once I complete my degree, can I work in another state and was told yes. Once I graduated and moved back to Jersey I was told my credits was not transferable and my degree is not worth anything because of its accreditation. Radiology bureau of NJ said I would have complete my schooling again. I'm still paying on student debt that's about 13, 000. If anyone have info in regards to this case please contact me at [protected]@yahoo.com.Thank you and Good luck to everyone.

• Ti
    Tina Hyland Jan 22, 2017

High Tech Institutestudent loan debt, unable to find work anywhere

I attended High Tech Institute in Kansas City, MO from April 2003 to February 2005, the time I graduated. I went through the 2 years thinking that I was going to find work and make a better life for me and I ended up not being able to find work in Massage Therapy nor anywhere else and being underestimated over and over and over again. What's worse was that not long after that, I was getting harassing phone calls from the school demanding their money back. I told them tearfully that I didn't have a job and I was pregnant with my first child at the time. They had no dawn sympathy and was still demanding their money back and the six months wasn't up yet. Now I'm $25, 000+ dollars in debt with 2 more mouths to feed and on welfare because of being overestimated everywhere I go. So far I'm working with a debt consolidation company since all of this started and hoping to get my payments low enough to pay these loans back.

• Ha
    HadEnough Jan 20, 2009

If ANYONE in the Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas Metroplex desires to file a class action law suit against High Tech Institute, for lies, harassment, threats, or breach of contract EMAIL ME!

They marked my credit illegally.

[email protected]

• Ji
    jill lollar Nov 29, 2011

I have ended up with over 12, 000.00 for. Loans that are in default I took a break from school for a. While and was ready to go back and found out its a scam, I only had four months to be done now stuck with loans can't go back and my credits can't be transferred so now don't know what to do??

• Le
    Leroy Kendrick Oct 17, 2014

Have you found a attorney because there are many of us that want justice. We need to strike back at all that are involved with this fraud, which has lawsuits across the nation. Nashville seems to be the only state that will not stand up for it's students or citizens. We need help in the worst way.

John Carl Hill Jun 21, 2017

Go to
    Studentaid.ed.gov
    highlight to tab how to repay loans
    hover and highlight discharge/ cancellation/forgiveness
    then click on defense to repayment

High Tech Instituteplease do something about that school, it need to be close down

I when to high tech in 2009 career placement said that they were going to help but never did. I waited for a extern site for a month. The teachers dont teach nothing but give you the answers. The student that i was in class with when on a JOB she was doing a case with the surgeon and the surgeon place her out the room because sne did'nt know nothing. something need to be done about that sad school . Their not for the students they for the paycheck . 22, 000 is a lot of CASH with no JOB every interview i when on said that they dont hire high tech students . Please do something about that school it need to be close down.

High Tech Institutethe school is a ripoff

I when to high tech in 2009 career placement said that they was going to help but never did. I waited for a extern site for a month. The teachers dont teach nothing but give you the answers. The student that i was in class with when on a job she was doing a case with the surgeon and the surgeon put her out the room because sne did'nt know nothing. something need to be done about that sad school . Their not for the students they for the paycheck . 22, 000 is a lot of money with no job every interview i when on said that they dont hire high tech students . Please do something about that school it need to be close down.

High Tech Instituterip off stole my money

This is for anyone thinking of attending a private institution, i.e. high tech institute, everest, devery, etc. What people don't realize is that these schools are all about the money. When they sign you up they make a plan to get as much of your money as they possibly can. You give them he go ahead to screw you by letting them take out loans for you which they have full control of your money. I had a friend that was a student at High Tech institute. When i got to talking to him about there school I realized that the school had took out a loan for him of 9, 500 dollars and had also took the 2, 300 dollars of there pell grant money. They told the student that the cost of tuition was to be around 12, 000 dollars. As if that was not enough, they want all of his grant money, took out the maximum of student loan money that they were eligible for and still wanted money from out of his pocket. Readers don't waist your time and money goto a community college where they don't baby sit your cash. All these private schools do is take out loans for you and make you spend with them, the money goes from loan holder to there account and you never see it until you get the bill. at least if you go to a community college you have the option to borrow and spend on what you may need like bills, car, food, etc.

G-Reese407

Resolved High Tech Institute — school loans

We have started a law suit against high tech institute please send emails on this matter to [protected]@q.com...

Resolved High Tech Instituteawful place

Yes High Tech Institute is full of incompetent, lying employees! I was approved for a loan, and they failed to send in the promissory note paperwork, and my loan was canceled. I re-applied with added information they needed, and the lovely brainless ###s that worked in the Finance Dept., faxed the paperwork, but didn't take the time to verify that they received it at the other end. The loan company didn't get it, so they canceled the loan a second time. They stated I needed a co-signer if I wanted the loan, which was supposed to be 4% interest.

Several weeks before I was to graduate, they told me I come up with $900.00, or they will eject me from school. I was forced to sign and "in-house" loan with 5% interest. I finished school, but they never had a graduation for us. THEY FORGOT! They even took 2 extra weeks to complete my paperwork, causing me to miss the deadline to apply for my massage license.

When they printed my diploma, it said I passed the Dental Assistant program. Told them it was not correct, and they said "People make mistakes!" They sent me the correct diploma, but never asked for the wrong one back!

They even let a student stay in school when he missed more classes than the state allows, because he paid for it! They are law breakers...

• Ha
    HadEnough Feb 04, 2009

UPDATE: I received a 1098-T Form in the mail yesterday stating that I was given credit for paying on my student loan. I graduated in 2004, and have not step foot in that place since! They gave more credit on my account, and come to findout, they were posting it to the WRONG person! Good thing I called, or that person would be very upset. This goes to prove that Hight Tech Institute hires ###s, and they cant get anything right! DO NOT USE THEM FOR ANY EDUCATION!!!

• En
    ENOUGHISENOUGHALREADY Apr 09, 2010

well let me say that i am still trying to recover from this horible financial situation this school put in. the people at that school made alot of promises to alot of students that they couldnt keep. they said that they would place you in a job AND MAKE SURE YOU WERE WORKING.
    When i started going to this sooooooooooooo call school i was told that i would only have to do 1 yr because i already had a BA degree. I wanted to do Surgical Tech. Well i was shocked to find out that some of the teachers didnt even have half of the qualification i had educationally, but instead only had experience in the field .It's been over 5 yrs now still have not gotten a job in the field. Instead i have a bigggggggggggggggggg loan of $28000 to pay back for nothing. I wish i had never heard about this school .I will not recommend anyone to go to this institution. you will be wasting your time and your money.PLEASE DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I MADE.

• Rj
    RJELROMANTICO Apr 04, 2020

I attended the school back in 2001 was not able to accomplish the classes for no apparent reason I was kicked out close to the end of the course. After year I had a total of 6 different loans and now on Deck do to those loans I'm not able to pay for them and has been causing a lot of problems on my credit