Repairtech Complaints & Reviews

RepairtechWebsite is not available anymore

I purchased an expensive Digital SLR camera from Nikon 2 years ago. I purchased an extended warranty with Repairtech. My camera needs service due to not working. I went on line to get the information from the warranty company so I could send it in to them for repair but the website came up and stated "Domain for sale". They are gone. I need my camera fixed. I still have an additional 3 years on my warranty. What am I supposed to do now?

Their website is WWW.REPAIRTECHINC.COM and their number was [protected]. That phone number is disconnected. Thank you for any help you may give me or tell me what to do.

• Cr
    CrowBreeze Nov 21, 2019

Last week I contacted Amazon support because my TV suddenly got vertical lines all over the screen. They transferred me to RepairTech to deal with my case. They scheduled a pick-up and I personally handed the TV to the driver to be put in the box and I received a leaflet, I watched him drive off. Their repair centre is only a 2-hour drive from my location yet I was getting weary because it's taken almost a week for it to arrive. I contacted them the past 2 days and they stated it has not arrived then I asked them yesterday if I could just get a replacement, they said to wait and see if the TV is repairable, and if not they'll speak with the manufacturer (Toshiba, in this case) and they decide what to do from there. I then called them today to see if there was an update but they said there was not and offered to contact the courier on my behalf. Turns out the courier states that the box has been dropped off but the TV was not collected. Yet I was there to do it, I can pull CCTV footage for proof as well. They say they will be investigating the case. I called Toshiba to see what their stance on a replacement could be and they told me that if it comes down to a replacement, I would have to go to the retailer. The retailer I purchased the TV from is Amazon. RepairTech is telling me to go to Toshiba, Toshiba is telling me to go to Amazon.

RepairtechNot honoring their warranty

Spent $299.00 for a 3 year extended warranty June 2008. May 2009, I need a tech to check our TV - I can't contact RepairTech by phone (disconnected) or by their wedsite (gone). When I called FotoConnection (where I bought the TV), they told me that Repairtech was not honoring any contracts purchased before June 2008 and that they have changed their name. FotoConnection is engauged in a legal persuit for breach of contract(s). I need help, is their a class action lawsuit I can join - What can I do?
[protected]@yahoo.com

Dale Evilsizer May 21, 2009

They Suck, They are gone
    Don't buy Extended Warranties

Dave Jun 04, 2009

Class action started: Yes, you are right...Repair Tech is out of business and everyone needs to take part and fill out the form for the Class Action Law Suit.

J and K Camera or otherwise known as 'Infinity Camera' is where I bought my camera and they sold me the Repair Tech Extended Warranty for $500 and they are out of business too. They should not get away with this and anyone affected like me should take action. Please fill out the Class Action Suit on the link above and contact them.

No company that operates such as this one in the US should walk away from this. Please help and we'll make a difference!

RepairtechFile Complaint

What to do if you fell into the RepairTech scam:

1. File a formal complaint with New Jersey Consumer Affairs online at www.njconsumeraffairs.gov or call [protected] and deal with the automated service.

2. Send in all documents that may support your complaint, i.e. copy of warranty card, contract, sales invoice.

I called [protected], waited half my day for a rep, then spoke to a very polite representative who told me that there is a 6-8 week wait period for processing and a person will be assigned to my case. He also informed me that RepairTech has been under investigation by the them for 3 months.

Good Luck!!! I will post my progress.

• A1
    A1b2 Oct 19, 2009

Did you get any response for the complaint you filed against RepairTech?

• Ga
    Gary Ball Jan 22, 2010

I Gary Ball purchased a Pioneer vsx-94txh 7.1 stereo receiver through Digital Megastore of Brooklyn, New York and within four months the sound became occasionally intermittent. The condition of the exceptionally low price was to purchase a three year warranty through Repair Tech and register through Repair Tech within 90 days. I complied and have been unable to contact them.Digital Megastore sent me another warranty through Mack Camera and they refused to honor my request, because it was received beyond 90 days of the purchase.Of course, by the time I hand negotiated with Digital Megastore nearly a year had passed beyond the origional purchase date.My Pioneer Elite receiver no longer operates at all. I contacted Pioneer and they said because I hadn't purchased this through an authorized dealer, their warranty was invalid.(I have never thought of authorized or unauthorized dealerships) I'm 67 years old and retired on a limited income and $1159.00 loss is a lot of money.I was hoping to listen to high quality surround sound and movies while I'm still healthy and able.I turn it on and there is no visual or audio anymore. It is a nice looking piece of junk.

RepairtechWarranty problems

This is the short version -

I bought two warranty's from Abe's of Maine while I bought my Toshiba TV. My TV has had no problems until now, I need a new bulb due to the TV indicating this condition. Approximately one month ago, I asked various Abe's of Maine Reps what was going on with RepairTechs phones and my inability to contact them. [I love this part] They told me nothing, they are just moving there location and will be back soon.
I was asked to wait a week. I did, not knowing any better. I called back various times to speak with all kinds of people who all gave me the run around and then one person actually came though and told me they went out of business and Abe's of Maine was trying to figure out what to do concerning this matter currently.
I later found out Abe's of Maine has been endorsing RepairTech after having knowledge of them going out of business and may of actually sold me my warranty knowingly after they went out business. This is fraud with aforethought. Abe's has defrauded me moreso then RepairTech.
I need updated numbers to contact anyone in the New Jersey DA that actually will answer there phones. All of the Points Of Contact[POC] have been useless, either unable to reach or a forever full phone machine.

BTW - If you punch into Google this "Ms.Regina Garb, New Jersey Attorney General Office"[..she is working on this now.[protected]] You will find they are going after her also for some fraud, does this Jersey garbage ever end.
First Repairtech, then Abe's of Maine, now the Attorney General, just wonderful... All from Jersey..

Does anyone have any good info as how to proceed???

E mail: [protected]@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Scott

• St
    stevedccc Apr 09, 2009

I'm in the same boat. I purchased a Sony Grand Wega in December 2006 and was talked into buying the extended three year warranty. I was told that parts for this tv are very expensive and the warranty was great including yearly cleaning service. I paid about $179.00 extra for the three year warranty. I treated myself to a nice tv and wanted that peace of mind. A few days ago my tv started cutting off while watching and I need repairs. I dug out my warranty and both numbers are disconnected. I contacted Abes and they told me that they went out of business. I still had 8 months remaining on the warranty and now have no warranty and no working tv. We are not wealthy people and if this tv is well in the hundreds to fix will not ba able to afford. I never even asked that company for a cleaning either. I will never EVER, never ever never buy a warranty for anything ever again. I wasn't even gonna get that warranty until I was talked into. Any lawyers out there that can help I would love to hear from since I am sure there are a boatload of us out there. please contact me [email protected]

• Ro
    rowes Jan 24, 2011

This was a scam from the get-go and I think Abe's of Maine and Broadway were in cahoots.

Repairtechfraud

This is a scam operation that sells aftermarket warranties on consumer electronics. These guys don't answer the phone, don't do anything, never get back to you, and they I suppose will soon be out of business, leaving many people who paid good money for warranties with nothing. I would be happy to be involved in a class-action lawsuit against them. I have notes and records of the hundreds of times I tried to get through to them. Now the have stopped answering the phone.

• Dr
    Dr Kaz Jan 29, 2009

I have a 3-year bulb warranty from Repairtech for an HD projector I bought from Prestige Camera. A year after use, the bulb went out. So I called and eventually was told to buy my own bulb because they didn't have any to send me. This was back in Jun 08. They said to fax the invoice to them and they'll reimburse me. So I ordered a replacement bulb directly from Epson for about $350, faxed my bill to them and waited. It’s now 29 Jan 09 and got nothing. I sent an email to them, but they did not reply. I tried calling, but got a lot of busy signals. I too am believing this is a scam.

James Machado Jan 30, 2009

Everyone MUST call FTC: 1-877-382-4357, register complaint..they will pursue and do class action suit if enuff complaints. Call and REGISTER complaint with New Jersey OCP 1-973-504-6200(Atty General Office). Also, call YOUR STATE atty general office and make formal/registered complaint. In Florida they are not allowed to even sell warranties. Call your news channels for air time exposure. If we work together we can get Repairtech to refund or make good their apparent fraud and loss of trust.

James Machado

• Di
    Dini Feb 20, 2009

Their website isn't even up now! If anyone knows about a lawsuit let me know. I had to pay for this stupid warrantee.

Dean

• Pp
    PPurna Feb 25, 2011

My TV needs repair and tried to open their web site for more details and it says domain is for sale. Tried to call them at 877-418-8324 which was provided on protection certificate but call cannot go through. Please let me know if any one know about law suit

Purna

RepairtechBad service

STAY AWAY!!! CHECK Better Business Bureau Rating!!!
I purchased a 3 year warranty on my Nikon Cool Pix 7600 Camera from Repair Tech. The company should rename themselves Rip-off Tech. The battery door clip broke (as many of them do because of a design problem as I later found out). As directed by Repair Tech, I sent the camera to their 'authorized dealer' Precision Camera (no precision at this company). Precision said the camera had physical damage. Repair Tech said the battery door repair was not covered under the warranty. The camera was not dropped or immersed in any fluid. The latch broke from normal wear which is covered by the Extended Service Contract. Repair Tech refused to repair the camera under the warranty which I purchased for $29.99. I called a ton of times and the calls are forwarded to a voice mailbox in which no one has returned my call (left over 15 messages). Precision said the repairs would be $145 including labor and parts. I purchased a new camera for the same cost which is better and faster than the Nikon. I have requested in writing and voice-mail that the $29.99 paid for the extended service contract be refunded to me as they did not honor the contract. Repair Tech should be required to contact all of their contract holders and either apologize or refund the service contracts if they do not intend to honor them. I have spent 30 hours trying to get the camera repaired between, calls to get it repaired, sending it for repair, finding out what the repair delays were, finding out why the repairs wouldn't be covered under the contract I purchased, getting the camera sent back to me and follow-up to try to get my initial service contract fee refunded. This is very sad and very illegal.

Ken Thung Jan 15, 2009

I've had a similar problem with these scammers. They opened a new company with no affiliations to run from honoring their old claims . Notice how all the content is simlar to their other scam sites. I think the only thing we can do is expose these scammer for who they are.

• Ca
    CAROL Feb 22, 2009

Warranty Resolution Center offers help for digital camera owners with Repairtech warranties!

Got ripped off by a useless warranty when Repairtech closed doors and disappeared? Well join the cub! Southern Photo Technical Service in N Miami Beach Florida, a honest, Independent Authorized Service Center got ripped off too.

Repairtech Inc. disappeared and never paid Southern Photo tens of thousands of dollars for repairs they did for Repairtech customers.

Southern Photo is stepping up to help some customers and created a warranty resolution center to help digital camera owners get cameras repaired with help from the retailers that sold the Repairtech warranties. Visit http://www.warrantyresolutioncenter.com for details of the program set up for digital camera owners only. Southern Photo cannot offer help with Tvs, computers, GPS and stereos etc. They only do photographic equipment.

• Mi
    Mike7777777 Sep 23, 2010

I purchased a 4 years warranty through TOPCHOICEDIGITAL.com and now that i need a new bulb for my projector this warranty card seems to be worth nothing at all. Tried the website www.nothingbutservice.com and there is no website there !!! then I searched for NCS or REPAIRTECH and no luck : ( I also have a warranty through CPS and I'm trying my best to get something out of them but they turned my claim down once and its a battle. I recommend Buying from a bigger store next time like Costco. As I remember the BBB sent me a letter a while back saying a company i bought something from was being sued and that I could be part of it. Didn't think much of it at the time but I'm not Sure this was that Company.

RepairtechScam and cheating

I have had a similar problem with this company as previously reported. My extended warranty was supposed to cove on-site repair but none was supposedly available in this area so RepairTech sent a shipping label for my Sharp Aquos LCD which had no sound. After waiting a week to contact RepairTech (because of Jewish Holidays in June) I finally managed to get the unit to an authorized sharp repair center. It took 1 month to apply compound to heat sink. After unit was returned the problem persisted. So in October I contacted RepairTech again and dealt with an extremely rude Nicole Brathwaite. I had previously dealt with Michelle and Jason and although they were polite nothing ever got done. I finally spoke with a Jim Melnick (x245). got a shipping label and sent it back to the same repair facility. It is now mid December and the repair facility will not ship my TV because RepairTech is refusing to pay for the repair. DO NOT GET A CONTRACT FROM REPAIRTECH.

dalmasri Jan 07, 2009

Repair tech inc. is a scam. I paid $300 for a 5 year extended warranty on my Samsung DLP TV in June 2006. The TV malfunctioned in October 2008. I have contacted Repair tech for 6 times, and they pushed me several time to some one else. I literally spent over 10 hours on the phone with them with out benefit. They had several different claims. Once that they never heard of the problem my TV had and wanted me to talk to Samsung, then they registered my claim and promised some one will call me, never happened, then that my TV was on recall. Not true, I talked to Samsung twice, and they denied it. Then they said they do not have records of my claim and wanted me to start over. I complained to better business bureau on New Jersey, they tried to contact them several time, they did not respond. I am following the legal rout now.
    I encourage every one to NOT BUY ANY SERVICE WITH REPAIR TECH, IT IS A SCAM.

Harry Johnson Jan 21, 2009

Yes, these guys are scammers! Buyers BEWARE!!! RepairTech is an awful company and you should not do business with them. Time to put these guys out of business and have them stop stealing peoples money. I hope some lawyer takes their time to hit them with a class action lawsuit.

Here is some contact information I've found on other websites for the a##holes at this company. Maybe you can get through to them.

King of the Thieves - Joseph Saieda
    Joseph Saieda aka Joe Saieda - [email protected] or [email protected] (I read this goes the this idiots BlackBerry) (917) 577-9086 - Exec VP

Iman Mounesa - Manager/Supervisor - [email protected] or [email protected]

Their BBB Certification was REVOKED!! TOO MANY COMPLAINTS UNRESOLVED!!!

If you need a warranty, you'd better stick with the safe bet http://www.warrantech.com or http://www.repairmaster.com

JohnUSA77777 Jun 15, 2010

ABE'S OF MAINE.com sold me this useless RepairTech warranty in 2007. Today, I went to use it, and that's when I found it is USELESS. When you dial the number on the contract, I am forwarded to my local cable TV company -- and all I want repaired is my dishwasher! ABE'S OF MAINE won't lift a finger to help. Was on phone with ABE'S for 15 minutes while they mustered up the kahunas to tell me what everyone else already knew!!! And, for my $700 dishwasher, they'd like to encourage me to just buy a new one!!! Outrage. Will never do business with ABESOFMAINE.com again.

Repairtech — Won't honor warranty

I filed a claim for my TV in August, and after NUMEROUS calls and complaints to them (because my TV was not...

RepairtechPlatinum extended warranty

I purchased a 3 year platinum warranty from d.buys.com who were acting as agent for RepairTech.com. I have my receipt, I paid for the warranty. I have my receipt for the online registration of the warranty with RepairTech, they accepted and acknowledged the warranty. I have my receipt for payment of TV. I tried to use the warranty for a probelm with my 50" Zenith Plasma Tv in 10/08 that this warranty was for. ) RepairTech stated to me(along with many others who have such warranties as you can see on the web) that d.buys never paid RepairTech for the warranty. They jerk you around from person to person and never give a legitimate answer. Yet, d.buys is still selling these warranties to this day. RepairTech does not respond to Better Business Bureau. Time now to contact the FTC, ICC for fraud across state lines, Internet Fraud and file a lawsuit to recoup my money. DO NOT BUY ANY WARRANTIES FROM REPAIR TECH, THEY ARE CROOKS! SEE ALL THE COMPLAINTS ON LINE ABOUT THEM!!!

• Le
    Lee H. Aug 23, 2009

I bought a 5 year Warrenty from RepairTech for my Sony Camera in 2007. Well, camera broke, called RepairTech and no answer. So I called the Wise Tronics the web site where I bought my camera. They no longer have a web site... No big surprise here folks. Beware of internet rip offs. I will be extra careful from now on about buying warrenties off the internet...probably not ever buy them at all. I wish TPTB would actually do something about these crooks, but as I read through the comments many people are still waiting for some kind of action while the "rip off artistits" Like RepairTech are still in biz. This gives me little hope that anything will be done at all. Best possible luck to all those who have filed a claim, I hope you succeed in your endeavors.

RepairtechTerrible experience

First mistake was ordering a Nikon D-70 camera on EBay from a company called B&Y Distributing or sometimes Digital Corp out of Florida. It was a nightmare dealing with their bait & switch tactics. They sold me, as part of the package, a 5-Year warranty ('A $500 value - for you $300 if you do it right now') that 'would fix anything you needed and a camera cleaning once a year'.

I sent my camera in for a cleaning on October 27, 2008. I was told it would take 5 business days to clean the camera and it would be sent back to me. I called November 13th and was told 'It was shipped out this morning' and I neglected to get the UPS tracking number, trusting it would arrive five days later as the person told me it would. I called back a week later and after being on hold 35 minutes I explained I needed the UPS tracking number and could he help me. The reply was, 'Just a minute' and the phone line went dead. I called again and had to give up after a 28 minute wait. I called back the next day and was told by Jose 'Our systems are down right now, but if you leave your name and phone # we will call you back' and Jossy told me the same thing the next day. This is the last time I have spoken with a real person at RepairTech. The phone lines were all busy for a week, now you can get through to a recording that says 'All agents are busy, leave your name and number and someone will get back to you. I have left my name and number over a dozen times. I am out over $1500 with this camera and lens. I have filed a report with the New Jersey Department of Consumer Affairs - who have recently heard a lot of activity about this company. I am now in the process of figuring out how to file a police report.

Harry Johnson Jan 21, 2009

Join the club!! These guys at RepairTech are theives!!

Iman Mounesa - Manager/Supervisor
    [email protected] or [email protected]

• Ca
    CAROL Feb 22, 2009

Camera owners with Repairtech warraties can get help from http://www.warrantyresolutions.com
    This information is being supplied to assist digital camera owners.

Do you own a useless warranty when Repairtech closed doors and disappeared? Well join the cub! Southern Photo in N Miami Beach Florida, a honest, Independent Authorized Service Center got ripped off too.

Southern Photo is stepping up to help customers and created a warranty resolution center to help digital camera owners get cameras repaired with help from the retailers that sold the Repairtech warranties. Visit http://www.warrantyresolutioncenter.com for details of the program set up for digital camera owners only. Southern Photo cannot offer help with Tvs, computers, GPS and stereos etc. They only do photographic equipment.

Maybe other repair companies will step in to help people like Southern Photo is doing for digital cameras.

RepairtechWarranty Issue

I sent repairtech a lamp for a Sony projector which I bought a warranty for 3 lamp replacements. They received the lamp on Nov 12 (almost 3 weeks ago) and I have yet to be able to get any information regarding my claim except they received it. Every time I call the 'systems' are down and they can't look at my information or they transfer me to another number in which I get a voicemail which is never returned. Voicemails and emails go unanswered. The email I received with the instructions on how to get the replacement said that a new lamp would be sent within 3-5 buiness days of receiving the old one. We are now working on almost 14 business days since that. I would never buy another warranty from this company!! I would rather buy the lamps at $250 a piece than deal with this terrible company again!
They have by far the worst customer service of any company I've ever had to deal with!!

Harry Johnson Jan 21, 2009

I agree, these guys are theiving ###!! Buyers BEWARE!!! RepairTech is an awful company and you should not do business with them. Time to put these guys out of business and have them stop stealing peoples money. I hope some lawyer takes their time to hit them with a class action lawsuit.

Iman Mounesa - Manager/Supervisor
    [email protected] or [email protected]

• Jp
    jphother Jan 26, 2009

You think that's bad. I filed a claim on December 1st for my receiver that failed at the end of November. I had to refile a claim on January 8th. I just got an email saying they are still trying to find a repair center near me. I live in Los Angeles. You think it wouldn't be that difficult. On top of that, the two phone numbers I have for them (including the one you listed) are not working any longer. Is this some sort of scam? What is going on?

• Aa
    aaacsmith Feb 25, 2009

I can find no way to contact company to file a claim. I bought the Pioneer PRO1140HD 50 inch Elite and a 3 year RepairTech Warranty 26 months ago, now my screen has a horz. black line and when I call or try to contact RepairTech on line my calls are blocked and the web site is a blank page. I have contacted Butterfly Photo where I bought the unit and was told they cannot contact repairtech either. Any Ideas out there

Court Mar 23, 2009

I also have purchased from them. Warranty on my camera which coast me $500.
    the people who i bought them through gave me a number to reach them which tells that they have went bankrupt. 1866.414.2629. which is crap, and doesnt take you anywhere!!

What can we do about this?

Repairtech — Won't honor extended warranty

In June of this year my DLP TV developed a problem with a mirror stuck in the "on" position. This condition...

RepairtechWarranty hell

The original complaint was no audio on the right channel while using the direct AV inputs.

It is now 10 months since I first initiated the first steps of what has become an ongoing nightmare in repair hell.

The first service call was made in mid January of this year. I was given a list of service dealers in my area to call for service. I choose Shabra electronics located in Sea Cliff, NY.

The technician came and looked at the TV and told me that the main module, or motherboard had to be replaced.

The technician told me he had to order the part and he would contact me accordingly, 2 months later the part finally arrived. The technician came to the house and replaced the part and that was that, the audio problem was fixed, or so I thought.

Later on that evening when I went to use the TV when I first turned on the set there was no audio at all now.

But now there was a additional problem, the screen would go all green with banding lines and a loud buzzing noise

in the audio. I called Shabra electronics back and told them what had transpired, the technician came back and determined that the replacement motherboard was defective.

Another 3 weeks went by the replacement for the replacement part comes in and shabra replaced the board. The set appeared to be fixed.

This was not the case after the technician left I discovered that the remote control was not functioning.

I called Shabra again they sent the technician back only to discover that the 2nd replacement motherboard was defective. They ordered another motherboard. It is now the month of June almost 6 months since the first call

was made.

Shabra came and replaced the motherboard for the third time. This time I did not let the technician leave until we checked the set out thoroughly. Everything appeared to be functioning. At that point I thought great its finally fixed.

That was short lived approximately about a month and a half later when I went to use the TV with my computer.

The VGA input (computer input) on the TV was not functioning.

This was a new problem, The original complaint was no audio from the right channel.

I then called Repairtech to initiate a new service call (Claim # 6143994) only to find out that the Shabra Electronics was no longer on their list of affiliated repair facilities. I was referred by their customer service rep to call Advisory TV Repair from Queens New York.

Their technician came on August 29, 2008 looked at the TV and determined that the 3rd motherboard was defective.

It is now October 23, 2008 and the new repair has not been approved!

I have been getting the runaround now for over 2 months now and I am losing my patience with Repairtech!

I purchased their extended warranty in good faith I expect the same in return.

Now Shabra is harassing me for money because Repairtech has not reimbursed them for the original repair.

I have received numerous phone calls from Shabra telling me that they were told that Repairtech sent me the money and why haven't I sent them their payment.

No reimbursement was ever sent to me!!! Or Shabra !

Apparently it is still under review and nothing is being done

I then called Repairtech to confirm this and was told that the check was mailed to Shabra

This has been going on since August.

I am now being threatened with legal action from Shabra because Repairtech is refusing to pay them.

When I inquired about this discrepancy I was told numerous times that payment was sent to Shabra.

THIS IS A COMPLETE LIE!!!

It is obvious that SAMSUNG is having a problem with this particular model TV.

It is not Shabra fault for defective Samsung motherboards.

As I see it they have two choices as I see it, either repair the TV or replace it!

As of Friday Oct 24 2008 Repairtech has declined my request for repair stating that they consider this part of the original repair and that Shabra is responsible for the repair.

Remember now when I initiated the second service call I asked the customer service rep should I call Shabra, The customer service rep informed me that Shabra was no longer in their network of repair facilities.

I was told to call Advisory TV in Long Island City. Their technician came to my house on August 29, 2008 to repair the TV.

I was informed that the replacement motherboard had to replaced. And they needed approval to do the repair.

Almost 2months and numerous phone calls later my repair was not approved.

When I contacted Shabra they told me that they would have taken care of the new problem.

But now they won't because he has not been paid for the original repair and until they pay him he will not take care of this problem

Now Shabra informs me that it is over 90 days since he replaced the 3rd motherboard and Samsung will not exchange the motherboard because it is over their warranty period.

This whole problem has been caused by Repairtech and now they refuse to honor their contract leaving me swinging in the wind.

What recourse do I have?

They do not return phone calls, they for lack of a better word LIED to me on numerous occasions and now I am fighting back

Starting with this complaint.

Corey Nov 11, 2008

I have a 42" plasma TV that I bought online. The company has since gone out of business, but I bought a 3 year extended warranty through repairtech. The TV has developed a digital problem where it does not process background images properly.

I contacted repairtech about this problem, and they sent a TV repair company to my house. The repair guy said it would take about 2 weeks for the part to arrive before starting the job. 2 1/2 weeks goes by and they said the part han't arrived, and they'd let me know. Another week, they said they were waiting on payment from Repairtech. Another weekk, they said the billing company that bills the warranty companies said to stop all work on orders from Repairtech.

I contacted repairtech and they gave me some excuse that it was a misunderstanding and that they could not let the TV company fix the TV because they were not Toshiba certified. Yaaa right!!!

I have since called them at least 6 times and everytime they give me a new excuse. I have even contacted TV repair companies and set it up for them. I have even offered to bring the TV to the TV repair shop to save on the service call.

Right now I don't know what to do. My only option, I am aware of is to sue, but over $450?

From now on, I will never buy an extended warranty for ANYTHING. If the salesman even offers one, I will walk out without the purchase.

Corey Nov 11, 2008

I would like to add, out of all the times they have said they'd return my calls, they have never once done so.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices