FILE A COMPLAINT

Motime.com Complaints & Reviews

Motime.comStay away from this website

Same as other people's comments. I went to download a ringtone and when I enlarged my cellphone screen to see the 'download' button; is when I saw the notation that I had 'subscribed' at a $10.00 a month fee. I did not download the song and 'unsubscribed' within a minute and they will not refund the money. They said that I agreed to the terms and conditions.

• Po
    Poolige Apr 15, 2011

Same experience. Searched for a free download, site made download appear free, and then I received a confirmation of my "subscription". Canceled immediately but was told I still had to pay. Deceptive.

Motime.comThey essentially charged me $9.99 for 30 seconds of nothing

I googled the name of a song I wanted to download to my phone as a ringtone. Motime.com showed up, so I clicked on the sight. I found the song and input my phone number on the site. It sent me a text which the site said I needed to type in, so I did. I thought I was getting a free ringtone, but then it said it was charging me $9.99 and said I could text "stop" to end the service. I never got the song downloaded because I couldn't figure it out. I called them up after seeing the charge on my phone bill and was told that I subscribed to a service, whether or not I downloaded anything. So, they essentially charged me $9.99 for 30 seconds of nothing.

Motime.comunauthorized charge

they offer you to participate to a contest. all you have to do is enter you cell phone number.
than...
they start charging!!!
they charge me 134 for participating to ther contest.
I call to ask what did I buy and if I can be refund.
They said ist not posible to be refund.
so mush for web busines for me.

Motime.comRingtone scam

Like all the others here Motime ripped me off also. A coworker told me about a site with free ring tones so I checked it out. I spent about 10 minutes messing around with the site until I saw a 9.99 in tiny print. I then quickly left the site. But guess what a month later there it was a charge for 9.99. I do not recall processing or authorizing this fee but they claimed I did. Well we had a entertaining discussion I told them they were scam artists they said I verified the purchase and laughed at me.(seriously they laughed in the background the more pissed I got, but I was never belligerent). Lucky for me and us there is this website. So people beware they will sneak your money and laugh at you later for it!!! If they respond to my email I will post it here.

Motime.comCharge you 9.99 for subscribing

Unknowingly subscribed to the service for 5 minutes, tried to unsubscribe and told i wold still be charged 9.99 for subscribing.

gforce212 Apr 05, 2011

Phone company FIDO pass this as a third party charge is also questionable. Motime looks like kind of cheater, why FIDO has contract with such kind of scam company?

• Ke
    kea_76 Jul 21, 2012

I had motime charge my phone and I NEVER accessed it at all. I had no idea what it was until I looked it up after receiving a txt from them stating that I was subscribed. My phone had been off for a whole week as I was out of town. I turn it on and there is a message with motime and my balance had been drained and I was unable to use my phone.

• Dm
    dmh777 Oct 04, 2012

I thought Motime was a free site for downloading ringtones - NOT SO! I canceled my subscription after about 10 minutes when I realized what was going on. I was still charged the 9.99 on my phone bill! I contacted Motime and requested a refund and they agreed and sent me an email saying a check would be sent out in two weeks and they provided the check #. Well it's been well over a month and still no check! I guess it's the ole "the checks in the mail" routine! Beware of Motime!!! Maybe they should rename themselves to NoTime! ;-)

• Na
    Nayyar Khan Dec 12, 2012

i never used motime it charge my cell phone bill

Joey4545 Jan 29, 2013

Motime is awful... Charged my phone at AT&T the $9.99 after receiving a text from THEM. I never did anything with them except answer their texted "unsubscribe" directions, yet here is this charge on my phone. Fortunately AT&T refunded the bill and set up a pin that blocks third party subscriptions unless you provide the pin. I recommend you set that up with AT&T. They were more than helpful and recommended I just not contact MoTime because their fraudulent gimmick is well known by the phone companies. My hope is that the cost to phone companies will cause the bigger companies like AT&T to track these fradulent companies down and make them pay them back or force them out of business, but that is maybe just a day dream. In the end, everyone must know to simply stay away from Motime.com or "dada.net" as it is also known. Just remember, you had a brush with idiocy, the creators of this scam have to live with themselves...

• Re
    REvans Jul 11, 2013

Downloaded a "free" ringtone last June. Started revieving texts from Motime, and was being billed 9.99 each month on my Verizon statement, unknowningly because I pay online. Finally caught this error, and contact Verzon a year later. They would only go back 3 months and issue me a credit, however they took it off next month's bill. Which was the wrong value in the first place (9.99 higher than it should have been), so basically they only gave me 19.98 back. Verizon should be ashamed of themselves.

Once my wife's 2 year agreement is up, we are dropping them like a bad habit.

• Pa
    PadreDePlomo Aug 09, 2013

My son's cell phone was charged 9.99 for Mo.time and we checked his cell and didn't find any app associated and or charges. We called Sprint right away and they removed the charge and blocked those sites, so obviously there's more than one perpitrator but it seems based on my experience that Sprint doesn't take any proactive measure to alert customers or take action on charges without customer verification.

Motime.comRINGTONES ARE NOT FREE

A free download signs up for a $ 9.99 charge recurring charge on your cell phone account. An asian person will not reverse the charge even ten seconds after you realize you have been had.

• Lo
    Lorenzo_Cruz1 Dec 18, 2010

Same thing happened to me...they said they had a specific song I was wanting and when I joined...they didn't. I called and the customer service rep said I checked a box that had a disclaimer that I would still be charged even if they didn't have my song. Looks like I was ripped off for $10!

• Ke
    Kered Apr 08, 2011

Mo time is a scam... Yes I was ticked also! Call your wireless provider immediately and have them reverse the charge. Also let them know how they are a scam. The customer service number goes to a place in India, and they have no care for you. Make more complaints online and via Facebook, Twitter, ...

• Je
    jesus salgueiro Nov 04, 2011

they got me too

• Wh
    WhiteViola Dec 18, 2011

MOTIME IS A RIP-OFF! I didn't know 'till a message said something about $9.99! Ugh! My parents are gonna kill me!

• Em
    emilygotskills Feb 21, 2013

its stupid they charge you for a cheap nothing like its 30 secs why do it they will also charge you 9.99 for a FREE ringtone and when you call them they hang up on you never trust this site its a spam