LoJack Complaints & Reviews

Aug 01, 2020

LoJack — Tracking device

This company has the worst customer service I have ever seen. Every single person who picks up the phone...

LoJackHidden fees, misrepresentation, lack of customer service

I made a HUGE mistake of purchasing the LoJack system at the vehicle dealership. Not until after paying $736 did I learn that I had to pay "about $100" for infinite mandatory recurring inspection fees to assure that the device is functioning. There is no way the owner can test the system, thus there is no protection of locating the vehicle in the event of theft. I strongly advise against purchasing any LoJack system. Rip-off is spelled LoJack. LoJack claims it is not responsible for me not asking these questions, and any complaints I have must be addressed with the automobile dealer.

Comment Guidelines

Respond

LoJackRefusal to come to my work or home to do two-year inspection

I purchased LoJack for my 2008 Nissan Altima in 2007. I received a postcard to have my two-year inspection and it clearly states the tech will come to your home or office. I called [protected], ext. 3854 and tried to set up an inspection. Apparently, LoJack does not have service in Clarksville, TN/Montgomery County and they refused to request a tech stationed in Cheatham County which is only 15-20 minutes away from my place of business to come and inspect my system. They gave me no other alternative besides going to one of the counties they will service and have the inspection scheduled. In other words, I am supposed to schedule my service at a friend/family member's home and burden them with waiting around for an inspection to be done. I know for a fact that LoJack is offered with Nissan vehicles (and probably other manufacturers) in the Montgomery County area. What do they do when someone else buys a car and has to get the equipment installed and inspected and they live in Clarksville? Make them drive to Cheatham County or Davidson County (Nashville) just to get an inspection and on top of that pay $99.00? They even sent my postcard to the Montgomery County address knowing full well they do not go to that area. This is poor customer service. The techs should go to all counties that LoJack is sold and it should be a service offered and chalk it up to being the cost of doing business. LoJack already has our money for the equipment that was installed, the least they can do is honor the inspections and come to wherever we live. I live in Clarksville and own a business here. I'm not driving to a friend's house out of my way to pay for a service that should come to me - take that back, is advertised that "LoJack comes to you - schedule today for a tech to come to your home or business." LoJack really needs to do something about their service area and expand their tech locations. I know for a fact they are independent contractors, the customer service rep told me so. So they should be required to go to all counties in the state. I don't even know what the LoJack equipment does. I did not receive any information after my installation besides a card I carry in my wallet and call if I have my car stolen. If I don't have an inspection, how do I know if the equipment is operating? Does not having an inspection void the contract on the equipment? There are a lot of unanswered questions and LoJack's customer service department could not answer them nor satisfy my initial request. I think this system is a total waste of money.

Comment Guidelines

3 Responses
      • Da
        Dave Leib Jul 28, 2021

I called LJ to schedule a routine inspection. The rep. told me that they no longer do inspections. Now, I do not know if my LJ is working. Maybe someone can help me to find out if my LJ is working OK?

• Hi
        hikerdave Jul 23, 2018

My LoJack keeps killing my car battery. I wish I knew how to remove it!

• Jf
        jfo7632 Apr 16, 2015

I have LoJack for Classics with the Early Warning feature. At least that's what I paid for. The original tech damaged the rear seat back
        trying to pull it out. Finally gave up on that idea and installed in an obvious location, under the seat. The early warning has never worked. The tech has been out no less that 3 times, and as soon as he leaves it doesn't work. I don't have any confidence in any of it working. In my opinion, the earlier warning is worthless. I believe that any car thief would also look under the seat which is where they installed the unit.

LoJack — misleading information

I just purchased a new car and was sold the Lojack system. Also a Lojack Guarantee Plus 5000 Warrenty. It wa...