National Motor Museum Mint Complaints & Reviews

Resolved National Motor Museum MintTheft By Deception

In December of 2010 I purchased 2 Ford Vehicles from their web site for my son in law for Christmas, as he is a Ford salesman and enjoys the older models. Upon completing the order many, many, many pop-ups came up trying to get me to join clubs, add items, and just general additional nusiance sales tactics. I declined all, but at checkout upon checking my invoice they still had gotten one in on me. I immedeately emailed them with the order number and demanded they remove the additional charge, which they did. I received my order, and thought all was well until this week, 6 months later.

I found a $32.00 charge on my card from the same company and I had not ordered or requested any additional products. Upon emailing their customer service department, they offered me a "immediate partial refund" and I could keep the cars they were already sending me for only $17.00 "as a special offer for my inconvenience". I promptly emailed them back and demanded a complete refund and told them the order would be refused at my door.

I too have now placed this charge in dispute and blocked this vendor from making any charges on my card in the future. Further, I am reporting them to the Ohio Attorney Generals Office, Consumer Frauds Division as this is outright theft on their part, not simply a mistake in ordering or shipping. ANYONE who has similar unauthorized charges show up on their accounts should do the same to their respective state agencies. THIS IS A CRIME.

National Motor Museum Mintunauthorized charges, dishonest sales pitches

I first received a phone call from a salesman after 2 years of inactivity. He asked if I'd like to preview a collection of cars, no obligation, and one was mine to keep even if I decided I did not want it. I was skeptical, so I again asked about the no obligation. He said, yes no obligation, in fact, they would even include return shipping.
So with that said, I agreed to "preview" the 3 cars. Two days later, my bank account had been charged for this collection I haven't even received yet. I called my bank and asked them to stop the payment, it was unauthorized, i didn't even give him my card number. Unfortunately, the bank said it was already being processed, so they couldn't stop payment. But they could block my card from being used again. So that's what I did.
I sent the collection of cars back and wrote on my invoice to cancel my subscription. I had to pay for the shipping myself. There was no return shipping included as promised. It's been two weeks since, and I still have not been refunded my money. I just got off the phone with Paul from the mint. The first time I called today I was on hold for 16 minutes before they hung up on me!! So I called directly back, and now there "system" is down, and they won't be able to process any information for two more hours. I told him I'd just call back tomorrow.
I tried to file a complaint with the BBB. Not sure how that went...I was sent to a blank page. This company needs to be shut-down...immediately!!!

National Motor Museum MintRip off and rude reps

Ordered stuff in September and that went well but in November and December started getting stuff I didn't order with charges on my credit card. Returned them unopened. Still don't have credit. They only want to credit me the actual cost, not shipping or credit card interest incurred. Tried to discuss with supervisor and was hung up on twice. Last rep was beyond rude and condescending. He said, " If you don't get the credit on your next bill, you need to call your credit card bank. You do know what a bank is, don't you?" Watch out if you order from these guys.

National Motor Museum MintSent product not ordered

National Motor Museum Mint - after making HUGE mistake of placing an order based on TV offer, I cannot get rid of these people - they keep sending me more stuff without being ordered and billing my credit card initially supplied.

I have now had my card BLOCK these people, , and I intend to contact the better business bureau - those of us who are being harrassed and robbed by these people need to fight back and spread this word.

I expect they will change to a different name that has a good sound to those like me, who have not had this happen to them yet.

What has happened to simple, old HONEST businesses? These people need to be PUNISHED by whatever means available.

Resolved National Motor Museum MintUnauthorized Charges

First of all I never even heard of this company, I found this unauthorized transaction on my Master/Bank Card on 05/05/2009.
I did my serch about this Company and found this is a common practice. I talked to a representive this AM, the told there was a TV promotion for these Minted Cars. Like I said, " I never heard of this company"!! The repersentive was so sorry about this, and told me to return any packages from them and they would creited my account. Well I will see. I will keep you up dated.

• Ba
    Barry E Dec 10, 2008

I ordered the 2 pick-up trucks for a toal of $21.90; however, my credit card had total charges of $53.90. The additional $32.00 was for "Club Sign-UP" which I never wanted or applied for. Needless to say, it was a nightmare to get things straightened out. I eventually contacted American Express, and they took care of my problem. Motormint issued a credit on my charge card for all but $7.00 of my bill. I then called Motormint for the final time, and I was told the shipping total would also be refunded. The toll-free telephone number for customer service in Norwalk, CT is : 1-888-215-6468. You will be on hold for a while, but you eventually get to speak with a representative. If you call the order line 1-888-326-0978, you will be instructed to call the previous number. Overall, it has been a very eye-opening experience for purchasing items seen on TV. I will NEVER buy from Motormint again; or any other TV advertisment. Just remember these 2 words; caveat emptor, when buying.

Resolved National Motor Museum MintSo pissed

I ordered 3 sets of the1948 @1956 ford pickup for the total of 30.00 When my order came in the mail I was charged 30.00 PLUS 72.65 FOR SHIPPING CHARGES .How do they get away with this??? I would think that this would be against the law.BUT they don, t tell you the shipping charges so I guess they can get away with it. It is so SAD to know there are so many dishonest and GREEDY PEOPLE in the world!!! I have really learnt a lesson in ordering off of the T.V. SO PISSED!

Resolved National Motor Museum MintAwful company

I was contacted at around 5pm on 10-8-07 and the young lady that I was speaking to told me that they would be sending me out a free 1964 1/2 Mustang for being a great customer. Also that I would be able to view the following vehicles. And that there would be no charge unless I choose to keep it after the viewing time. Well What i found out was that they have kept my credit card information without my permission and were going to bill it as soon as the order was shipped. Even though the sales rep said there was no cost upfront. So if you have ordered from National Motor Mint in the past they have your card info and you need to call them and get it removed so this doesn't happen to you.

• Fl
    flk092504 Dec 30, 2008

False Advertisement,

I have ordered from this company twice, the first time I had no problems, the second time I was contacted by phone and was told since I was a valuable customer, I was eligible to recieve a free car, however, they would also be sending me two additional cars/trucks, but if I elect not to keep them I could return them free of charge and I would not be billed until I had the opportunity to receive the order and review it. WRONG, I was billed the very next day to the same credit card they had on file. I decided then not to order any more cars/trucks from this company. On today, 30 Dec O8, I received two more trucks in the mail that I did not order and have a cost of $32.00 have been charged to my credit card. There was not return label enclosed, no phone number for customer service, NOTHING. I tried calling, but they said their office was closed, I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau about this company practice of billing customers without their permission. I am appalled that this is being allowed and this company has not been punished.

Resolved National Motor Museum Mint — Scam charges

The national motor museum mint has charged my credit card 3 times now without my permission. I've called...

Resolved National Motor Museum MintTerrible experience

Items were refused because of the persons death and returned to NMMM. They were also informed 2 days after death and told not to reship (this is first week in April). We put in a change of address In mid May they reshipped and sent bills. Was in contact 4 times and was told they would send a return label. They didn't, now they tell me its in COLLECTIONS.

I'm returning items again. They are shipped in light boxes inside plastic bags, and they want them shipped in sturdy boxes. Lot of hassle for made in China plastic.

Resolved National Motor Museum MintFailed to deliver the complete order

On the 09/07/2008, I ordered 3 remote vehicles for total of $94.07 shipping incl. on 14th I received a free matchbox sized car in the mail but never received the 3 remote cars I paid for. They confirmed receipt of my order, issued a Number 842847, I’m still waiting for my purchase. The cars were ordered by email out of a BCA magazine ad.1. 1966 Dodge Viper, 1988 Chevrolet Corvette, 2000 Shelby Coupe. I have a tracking number but that was only for the free 1:43 scale free 1956 Ford Thunderbird. I assumed the tracking number was for the whole order, but was not.

• Bi
    BILL SHAFFER Aug 17, 2008

I am also having problems with receiving products ordered from this company. Very slow service and poor customer service. I will never order from them again and let everyone know to avoid this company.

• Ni
    NIK Oct 06, 2008

I was bamboozled by this company. I bought product in the past only one time. After that I was charged without authorization. Deception is not the way you do business. I don't appreciate that at all and I had better get every red cent back with the quickness. You should be ashame of yourself. Isn't the economy screwed up enough. Everybody's already feeling it. Are you that desperate that you would trick people into shelling out money that they never intended on giving. This company, and I'm sure many more, should be prosecuted for this kind of trickery. Thank God that I have the sense to know and remember everything that I charge to my account, if not you would probably have gotten away with it as you probably have with many people. Let me decide what I want to buy. That is not your decision.

• Co
    compling prick Nov 28, 2008

ur all a bunch of ###ing ###

• Ji
    Jimmie Rittgers May 02, 2015

Waiting on next shipment of vintage trucks of yesteryear, over due, account number 203759587.