HomeComings Financial Complaints & Reviews

HomeComings FinancialStay away from these guys

In July 2006 I refianced my home with Aegis Lending to get a LOWER rate and fixed rate also. They sold my loan to homecomings. I did not read the mortgage closely and found out later it is a adj. ARM which I was trying to get out of in the first place. My payments of $735 a month were paid on time until Feb 07 when I went into hospital with acute pancretitus. I was in a coma for 4 months. My girlfriend tried to talk to Homecomings at this time but they would not talk to her. They swore her name isn't on the loan but it is. In Aug 07 we brought the loan up current, per her lawyers advice. He advised us the loan was fraudulent and said not to pay. Homecomings sent me paperwork to fill out three times, which I did to explain my current hardship. The only thing I got from them was letters demanding payment of $1100 per month wich I cannot afford. He tried as I have with no success to contact homecomings. I tried to send Homecomings what I could afford but they refused my payments. Due to my illness I can no longer work and am recieving SSI disability. My yearly income has been cut by 75% and to make these payments I couldn't even afford to pay my utilities or feed myself. In April 09 I recieved a foreclosure letter (giving me a month to resolve the issue) which right now I'm filing for bankruptcy, to try to stop this foreclosure. I may lose it all and be out on the streets.

HomeComings Financialloan modification

In December of 2008 we were informed we qualified for a loan modification with Homecomings. They said they would send the papers to be signed and told me we did not need to send a payment until February 1, 2009 that is when our first modification payment was due. We had not received the papers so I called back to see what was going on and they said that they had sent them. They then said they would send them again and if we did not receive after 5 days to call back. At that time I ask "should I send a regular payment" they said " no you don't need to make a payment until February 1st. We did not receive the papers so after a week I called back. They said they sent the papers. We did not receive them. They then said they would send them next through FedEx. We did then receive the papers and we signed them and had them notarized and sent them back to Homecomings. We made are first modification payment on January 29 and then sent the next month before the due date for March. I now received a phone call last week from Homecomings that we are many months behind now and have just gotten a letter of foreclosure. I contacted Homecomings to see what was going on and they said, although we they had already let us pay 2 months on this modified loan and the interest rate had been lowered on both months statements, that it had been denied. No one had contacted us to tell us that and they continued to except the payments. Now we are moths behind on our mortgage due to their negligence. Can they do that approve you for a modification and then deny 2 months later? I thought a loan modification was permanent.

• Pi
    pissed and upset Apr 22, 2009

This is by far the worst company on the planet, service ir non existant and they do not care about people.

They need to be investigated by the Better Business Bureua an put out of busines after they repay the 10000'ss of dollars they have ripped off from their customers!!!

I ahve had 4 payments returned for NO EXPLAINED Reason, payment went from 800 dollars a month to over 1400 a month.

Nobody desrves to be treated this way.

Only in AMERICA can these thugs get away with this, I have hired an attorney and I am going to drag them into court, NOT THEIR LAYWER I want a HOMECOMINGS represenative on the carpet with me in the Judges office, and let the chips falll were they may!!!

• Up
    upset customer Jun 09, 2009

My husband is in the real estate industry, and we all know the industry is not going so well. We contacted Homecomings, to let them know that we were having financial difficulties. The sent us a package to fill out, it was sent mailed and faxed to them several times. After sending it to them, and repeatedly contacting them to see if they received it. They finally did- the temporary modifcation was accepted- we paid all three of our payments, the cashiers checks were cashed very quickly. We then received an approved letter letting us know that we were approved and our monthly payments were reduced. When we looked at the paperwork, it appeared that since our property taxes were lowered due to the decline of value property - this was the only reason that our monthly payments were reduced. A notary was sent to our house- the paperwork was sent out. I spoke to Homecomings Financial several times, who advised us that our payments were not due until June 1st with the new payment structure. In an attempt to make the payment agreed upon on time- i was unable to do this online, so i contacted them and they advised me that my modifcation was on hold, and my property was still in foreclosure. I spoke to representatives that did not appear to know what they were talking about- they did not know anything- all they mentioned was that they were going to send an email to the loan specialists- and i would receive a reply within 24-48 hrs- no response, so i called back. Had to explain my story again, and again, every rep explained a completely different story. I asked to talk to a supervisor, a manager- they all said they were going to all me back. Still no response.. and no one know what is going on with modification that was approved.

• Jw
    jw96 Jul 14, 2009

The customer service agents in Loss Mitigation are incompetent. I realized after calling today that all they do is read off a script and are nothing more than Collectors disguised as "Customer Service" or "consultants". This is very irritating...

HomeComings FinancialClaiming 6 months of payments missing

Homecomings has tried to forclose on us for awhile now and yet we have always made our payments minus one by accident. They have claimed for over a year that we are missing 6 months but yet I have no extra money in my account. I have tried to get things figured out with them for along time and they constantly tell us that they will call us back within 30 days and they never do. They have ruined our credit so we cannot do anything to get away from them. We now have to always send money orders or cashiers checks or they will not except a payment. We can never get anywhere with them because they always apply our payments to the months prior. Tack on late fees and everything else. Putting charges on our statement that they cannot or will not explain what they are. There is so many things wrong with this company that I could keep writting. I just wish I could get the right help. Obamas plain will not help my family as I do not believe Freddie or fannie are the backers of homecomings.
Someone needs to do something to stop them and help all of us.

HomeComings FinancialCheating us in our payments

They will not lower our monthly payments and we can not afford $1, 612.65. We told them that we can not afford these payments and they will not work with us. We are 5 months behind because we lost our jobs and are looking for new ones. The interest rate is 8.6 and it is way too high. While we were working that was okay now we are not working and can not afford it and they will not work with us. They keep saying we need $1, 612.65 for 3 months straight and then they will reconsider a payment plan. If we can not afford 1 payment that high how can we afford 3 payments that high. Will somebody come to our aid. We are both retired and living on social security and that is not enough but we have a son that just went through divorce and he said if they wait until April then he can move in and help us out. He can not help us at this time until his divorce is final in April. Please help us.

• Li
    LISA WARD Sep 17, 2009

I WAS ALSO TOLD THE SAME THING. IF I CAN'T PAY THAT AMOUNT FOR ONE MONTH WHAT MAKES THEM THINK I CAN PAY IT FOR 3. THEY ALSO WERE GOING TO SEND PAPER WORK OUT THAT I HAD TO KEEP CALLING THEM ABOUT. I T TOOK ME ABOUT 3 MONTHS TO GET IT. CALLING THEM IS LIKE A JOB BECAUSE YOU ARE GOING TO BE ALL DAY WAITING. IF SOMEONE CAN HELP US PLEASE DO. I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW THEY ARE STILL IN BUSINESS. THEY ARE ALSO VERY VERY RUDE TO THE PEOPLE WHO PAY THEIR BILL. WOW

LISA WARD ARLINGTON TEXAS

HomeComings FinancialAwful experience

I too have had many problems with Homecomings Financial. The only way I got them to do the right thing (so far anyway) is to go through NACA.com. Although the process took 4 months to finally get them to contact me through the program, they finally did. At least I had the phone number of one person and worked through the process with her and she was very helpful and always returned my calls. Please try NACA, their president Bruce Marks is relentless and very very adamant about getting us help.

I too had a ARM, it was restructured and I went from a 11 percent rate back to a 6 percent interest rate. Although its for 5 years, but in 5 years I will be able to refinance a fixed rate or sell by then. My mortgage dropped from $3621 a month back to $2600 a month including taxes and insurance. Although its still about 300 more than I want to pay - it's better than paying $3600 a month. Its hard to beat these crooks but try everything before letting Homecomings take what belongs to you. Best of luck.

Chuck Mar 10, 2009

You are not alone.. before this all started with the housing market downfall I was a victim of this company and it's practices. We had purchased our home in Aug. with an arm (I know bad idea) after 6 mos. of paying we were to re-finance with a fixed rate. After 3 mos. my husband left me with all the bills. I could barely make the payments on my own and got behind. Like others here I was told by Homecomings that if I agreed to the re-payment plan they would work with me to re-finance so I could afford my home. Wrong! I stuck with the plan, sent the payments via Western Union and absorbed the costs of their 'lawyers' but they did nothing. I got one month behind again and I again tried to work with them but went into foreclosure again.

In the mean time I had 2 cars repossessed. I then had to pay 12, 000 to bring my loan up to date. I filed bankruptcy payed the amount (borrowed) and tried again to keep my house. I called told them about the bankruptcy they said no, don't pay right now wait until the bankruptcy is done and then start paying agin. By this time my loan had gone from 1, 100 a month to 1, 800 a month. When I called to make my 1st payment again after the bankruptcy period I was informed I was in foreclosure again because I hadn't paid even though I was told by them not to!? I gave up! No one could help me at that time because the mortgage crisis hadn't hit yet. I had to leave my dream home, lost my good credit on various levels and I am renting now.

I have all the documents for this issue. I have filed with the BBB but Homecomings just said that they did everything they could and that is pretty much the end of it. From what I can tell they are still doing to others what they did to me. If anyone is starting a suit with these people I would love to join. It would be the only ray of hope I would have had out of all of this mess. To this day (4 yrs later) I still do not have the money to divorce the sob who helped me get into this position, nor can I buy a home, or a car. Homecomings says they try to work with you but they don't they live up to their word and make promises they have no intention of keeping. They are after your home and any fees they can collect. I have advised all my friends and family of their business practices and now I'm advising you. Do not work with them or let them have your loan! You will pay like the rest of us!

• Th
    The Blackmons May 02, 2009

We are experiencing the same thing also, we had to file bankruptcy in order to keep our home, but the ARM is hurting us and will increase again in June, and to no avail and with the help of our bankrutcy attorneys we still can not get ANYONE to respond to us in getting a loan modification aor a fixed rate. But we will not give up and I suggest to anyone don't you either.

HomeComings FinancialIgnoring my Request

___________I have a loan out with this company and have been trying to get in touch with management about paying off my loan. All I get is the run around from a cutomer service call center based in the Philippines! They the cutomer service reps. say they are Physically located in Waterloo Iowa and will not give me a name or direct number to a manager here in the U.S. that I can talk to about my Loan! Anyone have a Direct Number to the Waterloo, Iowa Office?

• Kr
    Krizzybelle Jan 26, 2009

i am in the same situation. Very frustraring, the rep even told me that I shoul fax!!! my complaint because she doesn't have any Loss Mitigation phone number or name of supervisor in charge. Unbelievable!!!.

HomeComings Financialkeeping insurance claim check

Hurricane Ike hit us and has done 33, 000.00 worth of damage. The insurance company State Farm has issued a claim check in the amount of 24, 452. for the first amount and it was also made out to us and the mortgage company. Homecomings Financial has had our check since November 10th, 2008...it was actually cashed by them according to State Farm on that day. Homecomings Financial sent out their own inspector to make sure the work is making progress and it was submitted to them at 90% complete and according to Homecomings Financial that is all they need to release the entire amount. As of today 12/11/2008 Homecomings Financial is still holding our money. I know that there is a 10 day law that they are suppose to release all funds. Everytime i talk to them it is always something different. Their policy seems to change daily. They have been caught in many lies. Please help me stop them from doing this. They should be made to release at a certain time or pay the homeowner a penalty for keeping their money.

HomeComings Financial — Fraud and cheating

I contacted Homecomings 2 months ago to notify them that I needed to ask for a loan modification because I...

HomeComings FinancialPoor Customer Service

At our home this morning about 9:30 a.m. we rec'd. a telephone call from Homecomings Financial, LLC, the holder of our mortgage. My husband called them back and was on the phone for nearly three hours attempting to speak to someone who was alive and coherent. After speaking to about five different people, he hung up the phone. That is when I got involved. I am not on the loan, so he always has to give me permission to speak to customer service.
First of all, you can hardly understand most of their customer "care" representatives. Their version of the English language is nothing less than a big joke and extremely bad training.
I asked if I could get the telephone number and name of the CEO/President of Homecomings and I was told flat out that they were not permitted to give out that type of information - it was company policy. I told that person that was the most ridiculous excuse I have ever heard for trying to tell me "you don't know who you work for". I tried calling the home office in Waterloo, Iowa and that was a total and complete waste of my time because they reroute you back to the default department.
We were told today that we are 4 months behind on our house payments (NEWS TO US) and that if we did not come up with the entire payment by 5:00 p.m. today that they were coming in the morning to take our house. Okay, good luck.
I only spoke to one coherent individual today who made a feeble attempt to help me but unfortunately my issue did not involve this individual's department. How convenient.
Homecomings - Your customer service department is nothing less than the biggest joke on the planet. Your people don't know their ### from a hole in the ground and not being able to tell an individual who your CEO/President is just goes to show you that you are NOT in any way, shape, or form interested in who you work for. I know who I work for . . . . . . . . I know who the CEO and President and Chairman are of the Co. I work for and you know what . . . . IT'S NOT A BIG SECRET. Everyone knows who they are. Who in the entire world are you trying to kid?????
It is absolutely no wonder on God's green earth that you are going under and sinking quickly. Work and customer service is not about picking up a paycheck on Friday. It's helping people resolve issues and problems instead of giving them the run around. I think it is time we take back America and send all these foreign speaking individuals back to where they came from until they can learn to speak English the right way.
God Bless America.

• Hu
    hurtinginal Jan 22, 2009

2008 was a very bad year for me. I had health problems in addition having to care for my elderly mother with health problems. I was out of work a lot which meant I didn't get much of a paycheck. I've gotten behind in my payments and wrote a letter explaining my difficulties. I waited months to hear from them and finally got some paperwork this week with the modification to my loan. I was happy that they were willing to work with me until I saw they needed a payment next week one day before my pay day. I called to ask if they would let me send the check and paper the day of my payroll deposit since I didn't have the whole amount this week. The man I was talking to had a fit. He said I had not made a payment since blah, blah and that payment had to be there on the date specified and not later and went on and on. I couldn't get a word in. I asked to speak with his boss and he said they do not transfer calls. As he kept ranting, I asked again to speak with his boss with the same answer. I finally hung up on him. I have never had anyone be so rude to me and can't find a contact to complain to. I have managed to come up with the amount I've been asked to remit but it means no groceries this week, it's taking all the money I have. If he had let me remit my payment next week, I would be all right.

johnson12 Aug 04, 2009

I've called Homecomings Financial several times, and I get transferred to a lot of different department. I asked to speak with his boss, and he said they do not transfer calls. I have been on this journey since January of this year, and I have got no results, This is absolutely rediculist I have done everything in my power to make ends met, I want to save my home but unfortunately homecoming seem to be unwilling to work with me, I have try to contact supervisor, mangers, Ceo/President by telephone and certified mail I got nothing. I am at the end of my ropes with the Company When I did get to talk to the rep he was very rude. This afternoon about 2:18p.m. I received. a telephone call from Mr. Benjamin Wells for the first time since I started this, He just returned my call from January, 2009 sometime I wonder is this is a professional company because Homecoming professionalism just went out of the window. I been asked for help since January 2009 I have spoken with several employee in Mitigation Department at Homecoming no one knows anything’s, you can call back 30 second after you hang up and another rep will tell you something completely diffident this is American we should be more professional then that!. If anyone have any information on how I may save my home please let me know.

Sincerely MJE

HomeComings Financialbad business practices

I tried to get a little relief from Homecomings. All I want is a fixed mortgage. Homecomings said "we are a private owned company and we are NOT OBLIGATED to do anything nor have we received any mandates from the government or our main office". So if you are wanting any help in this time of mortgage crisis don't expect homecoming to help you.

• Br
    brenda Mar 07, 2009

homecomings are crooks & they want your home. ask them why they are working with help for homeowners? they are listed on their sight. my sister is in the same, she did a mod & not much help from that & now she got a pay cut at her job twice now. she called to tell them & they told her it was too late you defaulted as of yesterday unless you make a payment. her first loan mod was 5% interest for 5 years & after that her interest will go up to 12% interest which is not right. she has lived in her house for 11 years & had no problem until the economy went down the drain & her 2 pay cuts. they want you to loose your home. look on /link removed/ you will see many people there. good luck to all.

HomeComings Financial — Scam artists

Anyone who has had a Repayment Agreement with Homecomings Financial who would like to be involved in a cla...

HomeComings FinancialFraud and lies

I found this snipnet on the implode site. I was howling at the part that Homecomings would not return their phone call...

The Dallas Business Journal reports today that 87 jobs will be cut at Homecomings Financial LLC's Dallas servicing office in the wake of ResCap's announcement to cease the wholesale operations. Referencing a letter to the Texas Workforce Commission, the article states "the loan servicing company says its plant on the 14, 000 block of Quorum Drive is closing. Layoffs will begin on Sept. 19 and be completed by Nov. 14." We were under the impression just wholesale was being shutdown. Looks like this means the whole enchilada. Our call to their media relations office to confirm was not returned.

HomeComings FinancialCONSTRUCTIVE DEFAULT FORCED FORECLOSURE

Homecomings Financial forced my account into
delinquency by blocking access to their mandatory
payment system, delaying or reversing timely loan
payments, applying payments retroactively to cover
those they'd delayed or reversed and refusing payments
that would cure the default . This company's misdeeds
have put me at risk of foreclosure but a calculated series
of roadblocks has been erected to prevent me from recourse.

They continually send letters requesting that I call to discuss
my options, schedule meetings or fax information but when I do,
I'm referred to someone who's on vacation, my call is dropped
during transfer, appointments are no longer available or my faxes
have not been received. This vicious cycle creates a paper trail
for the company while making me appear unresponsive and is
obviously intended to establish a bogus loss mitigation history.

This company is publicly committed to preventing foreclosure
and was istrumental in founding the HOPE Foundation but their
true objective is to defraud America without restraint, which
they accomplish by misapplying funds, sabotaging communication
and manipulating records. Homecomings Financial is operating in
violation of the Truth In Lending Law, the Fair Debt Collections Act,
a number of Arizona Statutes and their own Principles and Practices.

NOEL PANTERA Apr 18, 2008

Homecomings Financial forced my account into
    delinquency by blocking access to their mandatory
    payment system, delaying or reversing timely loan
    payments, applying payments retroactively to cover
    those they'd delayed or reversed and refusing payments
    that would cure the default . This company's misdeeds
    have put me at risk of foreclosure but a calculated series
    of roadblocks has been erected to prevent me from recourse.

They continually send letters requesting that I call to discuss
    my options, schedule meetings or fax information but when I do,
    I'm referred to someone who's on vacation, my call is dropped
    during transfer, appointments are no longer available or my faxes
    have not been received. This vicious cycle creates a paper trail
    for the company while making me appear unresponsive and is
    obviously intended to establish a bogus loss mitigation history.

This company is publicly committed to preventing foreclosure
    and was istrumental in founding the HOPE Foundation but their
    true objective is to defraud America without restraint, which
    they accomplish by misapplying funds, sabotaging communication
    and manipulating records. Homecomings Financial is operating in
    violation of the Truth In Lending Law, the Fair Debt Collections Act,
    a number of Arizona Statutes and their own Principles and Practices.

• Ro
    Rosemary Madera Sep 01, 2008

They did the same thing to me and even though I tried to fight it. I got nowhere. I was put on a repayment plan and then they sold my loan off and did not send my repayment plan to the new servicer. Now I am back to square one. Is there anything that I can do to get any help? I should have never been in foreclosure to begin with. What can I do to fight this?

• Fo
    Fountain Inn Nov 25, 2008

I agree completely!!! I had similar problems with them when I was laid off and had a heart attack. The kept telling me to send in papers and that they would accept partial payments and work with me. Three months into my "negotiating" with them, I received a letter from their lawyers FORECLOSING!!! I had to file bankruptcy in order to save my home. Now my adjustable mortgage is going up to over 12% in December!!! I can barely make the original payments.

HomeComings FinancialFraud and scam!

My problems with Homecomings has been ongoing since 1/07 when I fell one payment behind and attempted to make arrangements with them to catch up on the payment. I spoke with numerous reps and faxed over my financial information several times. They all said they never received the information. When I did get a hold of someone I believed would help me, I faxed over the info again and was told someone would contact me within 24-48 hours. Since no one contacted me, I contacted them again but got the same answer - they never received the fax and they could not discuss the account until they received it.

I continued to make my payments each month and sent in extra when I could in an attempt to catch up. In 05/07 I received a letter stating I was in default and owed 2 payments. I contacted Homecomings and was told they could not talk to me until my payments were current.

On 8/2/07 I attempted to make my payment by phone and the rep refused to accept the payment. She said I had to pay $7500 + or they wouldn't accept anything from me. I told her I wasn't prepared to make that payment and she hung up on me.

On 8/6/07 I contacted them again and the rep agreed to accept $2600 by 8/24/07. On 8/24/07 I tried to make the payment online but the account was locked. I called them and was informed they could not accept my payment and was transferred to a different department. Someone picked up the phone and blurted 'We're closed' and hung up. I called back and was told there was nothing they could do and I had to speak with loss mitigation. I called loss mitigation and no one answered the phone. I called customer service again and was transferred to loss mitigation again, someone picked up the phone then hung it up. I made several calls to them from 8/24/07 thru 8/28/07 to make the payment and find out why it was being refused but no one could help me and no one would accept the payment.

On 8/29/07 I finally got a hold of someone that I thought was going to help me. She said I had to fill out a financial statement and fax it back to her, which I did. After discussing the matter she informed me that I would have to pay $2700 that day via Western Union and $2465 + each month (in excess of $600/mo over my normal payment). I sent the payment via Western Union as instructed and they acknowledged receipt. I believed the matter was now going to be resolved.

On 9/8/07 I got a call from a real estate agent asking if I wanted to sell my house before the foreclosure went through and was informed Homecomings filed a NOD on 9/5/07. I called Homecomings and they said they did file the NOD but it was on hold so long as the payments were made.

I sent numerous letters confirming phone conversations and requesting an accounting. I finally received an account history print-out and after reviewing it (totally confusing), I wrote to them requesting explanations of charges on the accounting, especially 'unapplied funds' and why only the regular payment was being credited and not the $600+ being sent each month, along with disputes regarding late charges and other charges when the payment was made and posted on time. They have yet to fully respond to my letters from 10/2/07 and thereafter or provide any explanations of the charges. I also noticed they did not credit my 05/07 payment and I sent them a letter with copies of all the payments I made.

To make a long story shorter, I made all payments as agreed and my payments were current... that is, until they returned my 02/08 payment and a letter stating the repayment plan was canceled as the payment received does not represent the correct amount as specified in the repayment agreement. Today I received a letter from them informing me they can no longer accept monthly payments and the entire balance of the loan is due and the full payoff will need to be remitted. I contacted them and they said disregard the letter, it was computer generated and my account is current. I would just need to make my February payment (which is now late) along with $1074 in late charges along with the March payment and the April payment is due by 4/10/08 and everything will be fine. My payments were due on the 29th of each month and they said since they canceled the repayment plan the payment is due on the 1st of each month so now my March payment is late.

I have received contradictory information from them throughout and am at my wits ends trying to deal with them. They made it impossible for me to refi, my credit score has dropped substantially because of this mess and they continue to charge me late fees even though my payments have been made on time and 'other' charges (without explanation) each month in excess of $700.

The real kicker is they sent me a letter in 11/07 informing me my payment would increase $100 per month because of a negative escrow balance. My statements say I owe one amount ($290 more) and the online account on the website says I owe a different amount ($392 more). In 01/08 they increased the interest from 6.1% to 7.6% but won't clarify what payment amount I am supposed to make - the one stated in the letter, the one on the statement or the one on the website. I was told if I made the 02/07 payment via Western Union or mail it would be the lowest amount but if I paid it on the website it would be the highest amount. Also, according to the website, there are no late charges being assessed but on the statements they are charging over $800 for late charges even though I've made my payments on time each month.

I sent ccs of all letters as well as letters directly addressed to Cyncoya Dillingham, Voice of the Customer, Homecomings Financial (BBB said to contact her to resolve disputes) but have not received one written response from her since I started writing letters in August 07.

HELP!!! Anyone that knows of a class action suit I can get in on or has suggestions on a way to resolve this nightmare, I'd really appreciate the info. Even though I was current before they returned the payment, I don't feel like they're ever going to quit manipulating the payments and threating me with foreclosure as long as my mortgage is with them.

HomeComings FinancialMortgage FRAUD,RIP OFF!

I have been trying to get a loan modification for several months. I wait 50 minutes to speak to a different person each time I call, Just for them to tell me they can't approve it now over the phone but send $4000 now and we will put you on a payment plan you can't afford and make another payment next month and you should hear from us by that time. Oh and let us re-adjust your interest rate even higher so it's even harder to resolve the problem. Why not fix the problem instead of putting it off you would think it would be in both parties best interest!?? Where are my payments being applied if I'm still in default and going to loose my home.

• Zc
    z carter Mar 07, 2008

Please get this email to Homecomings .......Friday, 03/06/08
    Attention: Homecomings Financial CEO-Bruce Paradis, Chairman-Eric Feldstein and David M. Applegate

It seems I cannot resolve my issue the pee-ron or manager who all refuse to provide their last name.
    1. I started the process to refinance my adjustable rate loan with Homecomings upon the increasely every 6 months which would have push my loan payment from a period of 2005 to 2008 up to atleast $900.00 additional to approx $1900.00 I was already paying.
    2. October, 2007 I applied for an Fixed Rate with another company. Bottom line....we were on the roll to get this refinance closed by November 30, 2007.
    3. The Title Attorney contact me and stated there was a problem closing and the closing could not take place until HOMECOMINGS FINANCIAL if at fault pay the deficit TAX IN THE REARS with Suwanee Tax Division - Suwanee, Ga 30024 since Dec. 2006.
    4. 11/2007 The Suwanne Tax Division upon my call to the manager....a. 2006 Tax for property @ 4189 Lansfaire Terrace, Suwanee, Ga Lot 111 show the taxes were not paid....but...Suwanee Tax records reflect a check which Homecomings send in April, 2007 was return to Homecomings Financial May, 2007. Per Suwanee Tax - Manager they do not understand why Homecoming NEVER follow up to inquire why the check was return and bring the property tax up to date. HOMECOMINGS FINANCIAL NEVER ONCE NOTIFY ME ZELNA W. CARTER that a deficit was holding against my property mid june 2007.
    5. I, Zelna W. Carter did contact Homecomings approx end of June to check the status of my escrow account.....upon which, I was told an over of approx 679.00 , I, then, ask them to mail the overage. Since I felf ALL taxes were up to date and no deficit.
    6.Come, Mid-November...the closing Attorney advise me I cannot close until the Suwanee Tax issue was cleared. I contacted Homecoming Mid-November, 2007 and was NEVER granted to speak with a management person concerning my argry concerns of this matter to be taken care of asap and advise Homecoming @ 1 800 206-2901 more than 8 times I need a Manager to contact me. Not one time have I hear from a manager. I stated on the phone 4 and 5 times a day........AND ALL I WAS TOLD THE MANAGER IS BUSY.....and on top of this I was told by the pee-ron Cusromer Services it will take 3 months to straighten this out.
    7. The Manager of the lending ask me to submit my December, 2007 mortgage payment to Homecomings Financial so my closing will not run into any late payments.
    8. Homecoming Financial purposely held out and would not work to clear this Suwanee Tax Issue they CREATED..UPON THE MANAGER @ SUWANEE STATED SHE WOULD WAIVE PENALTIES IF HOMECOMINGS WILL RUSH AND PAID THE APPROX 360.00 OVERDUE PROPERTY TAXES. HOMECOMINGS SUBMITTED THE OVERDUE TAXES ON DECEMBER 28, 2007.
    9. NOW COME THE TITLE CLOSING ATTORNEY WHO WAS MORTITORING WHEN THE TAXES WOULD BE SUBMIT....SET THE CLOSING TO HAPPEN ON DECEMBER 28, 2007.
    10. HOMECOMINGS FINANCIAL SUBMITS TO THE CLOSING ATTORNEY A PAYOFF DUE IN THE AMOUNT OF 238,521.56 INSTEAD OF THE CORRECT PAY OFF OF $236,540.88 PER MY NOVEMBER, 2007 ACCOUNT STATEMENT. An overcharge of approx $1980.68.
    9. Homecoming Financial wants me to EAT the cost of their WRONG RECORD KEEPING and charge me interest for the month of December 1 thru January 7,2008. THIS IS TOTAL RIDIDOUS.

IF HOMECOMINGS FINANCIAL HAD KEPT OUTSTANDING RECORDS, CONDUCT FOLLOW UP WHEN SOMETHING GOES WRONG IN THE BOOKKEEPING.....MY TITLE ATTRONEY COULD HAVE PROCEEDED TO CLOSING MY HOMECOINGS FINANCIAL LOAN, NO LATER THAN NOVEMBER, 2007.

I DEMAND, HOMECOINGS FINANCEIAL TO FORWARD ALL INTEREST PAYMENT THEY COLLECT BY FAULDELENT MEANS.

I NEVER MISS ANY MORTAGE PAYMENTS OR SUBMITTIMG ANY ESCROW FUNDS LATE.

July - Dec, 2005 escrow 180.00 x 6 months = Total $1080.00
    January - Dec, 2006 escrow 180.00 x 12 months = Total $2160.00

January - Dec, 2007 escrow 180.00 x 12= total $2160.00
    ============================================
    Finally, I contacted Homecomings Financial @ 1800 206-2901....and upon my explaining my problem with the CREATED problem of overcharging me interest for the month of December, 2007 and paying my TAX late which held up my closing at the fault of HOMECOMINGS. I WAS HUNG UP ON 3 TIMES. FIRST A FORIGN WOMAN..osi...I COULD NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT SHE WAS SAYING....BROKEN SPEAK...NEXT...I CALL AGAIN...GOT cHICO...WHO HUNG UP..THEN A mARY...WHEN I ASKED HER NAME SINCE SHE CALIM SHE WAS A MANAGER...SHE GAVE ME A #73738...THEN A FEW MINUTES HUNG UP. i CALLED BACK AND FINALLY i WAS CONNECT TO NORMAN A MANAGER.....WHO NEVER UNDERSTOOD....MY CONCERNS...THAT THE BOTTOM LINE...HOMECOMINGS CREATED ALL THE PROBLEMS AND FAILED TO ASSIST ME TO CLOSE MY LOAN BY nOVEMBER 30, 2007. AS TO AVOID ANY ADDTIONAL CHARGES DURING THE MONTH OF DECEMBER, 2007. THIS MAN HAD NO MANAGERIAL SKILLS......HE WAS WORSE THAN THE PEE-RON.

AGIAN, I DEMAND MY OVERCHARGE INTERESTS BE FOLLOW TO ME WITH 5 BUSINESS DAYS.

ZELNA W. CARTER

>>A copy of this letter is being send by certifed
    mail to the addresses.....
    >>A copy of this letter is being forwarded to the Commissioner of Mortgage Financial Cpmpliance

• Ly
    LYNETTE KAOPUA Mar 25, 2008

HOMECOMINGS IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST MORTGAGE CO I'VE EVER HAD THE PLEASURE OF DEALING WITH! I WORK IN CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THERE IS NONE HERE! YOU WAIT ON THE LINE A MIN OF 30 MINUTES AND THEN THEY KEEP TRANSFERING YOU TO DIFFERENT DEPTS AND NOBODY SEEMS TO KNOW WHAT THE HELL THEY ARE DOING!
    LAST NIGHT I SPENT 45 MIN WAITING TO SPEAK W/ SOMEONE THEN GOT DISCONNECTED BECAUSE THEY HAD CLOSED W/ ME ON THE LINE. I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR 3 WEEKS TO GET SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT THE HELL THEY ARE DOING AND HAVE GOTTEN NOWHERE..IT IS INSANE AND I WILL BE SURE TO TELL EVERYONE I KNOW I WORK IN INSURANCE SO I RUN ACROSS ALOT OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE OR NEED A MORTGAGE.

I THINK YOU NEED TO RE-TRAIN YOUR ASSOCIATES TO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND HOW TO DEAL W/ A CUSTOMER WHO HAS SPENT SO MUCH TIME WAITING TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE TO HELP THEM.

• Pe
    Pennie Markus Sep 02, 2008

My experiece with Homecomings is that they treat their customers in a manner that is disgraceful. Unethical and illegal behavior is their every day practice.

Be very careful with this company because they will lie and take advantage of you in a heart beat.

Pennie Markus

HomeComings Financialproperty ripoff

I lost my job as a correctional officer in May, 2006. We managed to live off my retirement money until May, 2007 when I went on unemployment (I am also trying to get disability). After September, 2007 we were unable to pay our mortgage (especially after the outrageous ARM kicked in (our payments went from $770.00 a month to over $1,000.00). We received notification from Homecomings that our home was being repossessed, but we managed to contact the Loss Mitigation Department who told us that if we paid $2,000.00 and made the next two payments on time that the payments ($890.00 by then) would be locked in for 30 years. We did what they asked. In December we ran into more trouble. My husband works construction and because of bad weather and holiday layoffs, didn't get many hours of work. We again notified Homecomings who informed us in a very nasty manner that we were going to have to make December and January's payments before the end of January. Meanwhile we received a letter stating the payments were going to go up again in both January and June. We made the required payments (by the way, all the money that I said we paid in was generously donated by family members). The second week of February we received a letter in the mail from Homecomings stating the amount of the money order ($1,780.00) wasn't enough. They even stapled the money order to the letter (it wasn't even insured)! When we finally got hold of a human being on the Homecomings automated phone system we were told that the person we had to deal with was out of town and we had to wait for him to get back. When we did get to talk to him he was very rude and nasty mannered and even went so far as to tell us that he was sick and tired of having to babysit people with problems (funny---I thought that was the reason he had a job). He told us that he was taking our house and there wasn't anything we could do about it because he refused to work with us any more.
I don't need this kind of problem. My husband has depression. I, myself have been sick since December and both me and my son (who has AIDS) are attempting to get Social Security Disability (anyone who has ever had to deal with those people know how difficult that is). This is our home. We have nowhere else to go but the streets. What do we do?

Sandra L. Beaty

HomeComings FinancialPaid someone else's taxes

1/14/08 paid taxes. I received a check returned to me for my mothers taxes, so I went to the Village of Twin Lakes and was told Homecomings Financial has used our money and paid the neighbors taxes for a full year and after calling, holding and getting disconnected for 7 hours I have not talked to anyone who actually told me this was taken care of. No call back from anyone and I was disconnected at least 7 or 8 times. This is the worst company by far I have ever dealt with. We had a big problem with them when the bought out the previous company. Our Kenosha news wanted to interview us and now this time I think I will call them for a TV interview. As someone else said no one calls back, you talk to people you cannot understand and they do not know a thing about their job. Very upset Linda Martin WI

• Ki
    kim jones Mar 11, 2009

I was late paying my taxes on my property and got an extention to pay them, and homecomings took it upon themselves to pay them.They then raised my mortgage almost 100 dollars a month, and my job cut back on my hours.I then applied for a loan modification and was told thhey could help me. It's been almost four months, and i haven't heard from them yet, but my response time was 48 hours. Everytime i call i get transferred to somebody different, or their mailbox is full. In the meantime i caught my payments up with my income tax, and is now behind again . I have three kids and have no place to go. Homecomings cares about NOBODY!!!

HomeComings FinancialUnfair Lending & Servicing Practices

We refinanced our home of 16 years in 2004 with Homecomings Financial. We were advised to do an adjustable rate mortgage and the interest rate was 8.5%. This was because we were self-employed and they went on stated income, rather than income verification. Our interest started at 8/5% and is now 13.625%!!! My husband had cancer surgery in Mar., 2005 and is now on disability. I requested loan modification to reduce interest rate April, 2006 and they always say that they have not received it. Submitted several times and even talked to their credit counselor contractor, which means they did receive request. Have paid over $32,000 interest 2007 to date, not to mention thousands in fees & additional charges. Need help!! Congressman & Senators have been no help at all!!

• Mi
    Mike Wheeler Mar 26, 2008

I have had Homecomings for about 5 years now. When I first had them they were not bad and would actually provide customer service. For the last two years or so, after their sale to GMAC, this has gone downhill in a bad way. They also have become more aggressive with their collections and now charge a variety of fees they never did before. Recently in March, 2008, I just got notified of a $95.00 fee they SUPPOSABLY put on my account some 4 months ago without my knowledge. This fee was never told to me prior and never showed up on my statement. I was less than two full months behind (do to job loss), working with them to come current (and have been current for two months now), and this is how they treat you. I swear they have outsourced their tele-services as you can hardly ever get a clear English speaking representative (no disrespect intended but one must be able to understand who they are talking with). Anyways, when I contested this fee, they never can find the department that is responsible. I am currently filing complaints with the Florida consumer complaints and suing for my money back in small claims.

HomeComings FinancialPitiful customer service!

After reading some of the comments on this board, my complaints seem trivial! However, given how I've been treated by this company, it does not surprise me that they stoop this low. I am a property manager for a low income apartment complex in Pueblo, CO. I write the checks for two buildings (including the mortgages with HF) every month. I was authorized no less than FOUR times to call on behalf the owners/mortgage holders. EVERY time I call in to make payment, request a duplicate statement, confirm a payment, etc., etc., etc., I am told that I AM NOT AUTHORIZED!! It has caused credit problems for the owners and me a severe amount of agita! The most recent attempt had me raging at the idiot who told me that he "couldn't give me any information on the account" because, once again, I wasn't authorized!

Upon hanging up, my boss called the "customer service" center and was told, "Oh, she's authorized." I almost lost my mind! And all I needed was a duplicate statement, sent to the exact same address since they neglected to send me one.

I would love for the class action suit to put them out of business. My thoughts are with those who are truly in financial ruin because of these clowns.

• Ts
    tsh Jun 15, 2009

Every comment and complaint is valid. This company should be banned from doing business with the public and I am pursuing every avenue possible to see that it is started and these ignorant people are put out of business

HomeComings FinancialUnfair business practices!

Our mortgage was also sold to Homecomings Financial as so many of others have been. On June 18, 2007 my husband had a regular surgery which in two days landed him in ICU following a second emergency surgery in which he almost died. He was hospitalized at that time for 14 days. He was out of work all summer and finally went back to work middle of September. On September 25th he had to have a third surgery and has been out of work again now ever since. We have no return to work date at this time and he is now on disability from his company. I work full time. Up until this time we have been able to keep up with our mortgage payments.

Homecomings states on their web site that if you are having problems making your payments you can call this number and they will work with you. So I called and waited on hold for 45 mins. before I got someone and I explained the situation. They told me to print the 'workout' sheet and fill out and fax back to them which I did. I put down all our assets and all our liabilities and explained in full detail the situation. I waited to get a call from them.

Finally after a week I called back, again another 45 min. wait on the phone to be told there was nothing they could do for us. I asked them about their stated modification plan where they would work with you to lower your payments if there was a hardship need and I was told by the Customer Service person that he knew nothing about such a policy and so I asked why was this on their website and he said he didn't know, he didn't have anything to do with what was put on their website.

So I stated that rather than work with us during this time of hardship, they would prefer to see our house foreclosed on. He said he was sympathetic to our problems but there was nothing he could do. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that they would tell me the same thing. He said, besides you aren't in default yet. So I said, well we will be. I said, if you foreclose on our home and then try to sell it at this point, you will probably not get what we owe on it so why not try to work with us for a few short months until my husband is well and goes back to work and he stated that because of the type of mortgage we had, 'conventional loan' our payments were fixed and that they couldn't change them in any way.

I asked again about what they state on their website about 'modification of payments' and he said again, he knew nothing about such a thing. We can not refinance because we have no equity in the home. At this point, I hung up in disgust.

I am at a loss at this point. I have read many of the other stories on this site about Homecomings Financial and their practices. I plan to research through Consumer Protection and the Better Business Bureau in the state in which they are located to see if anything can be done.

Mark Chapin Dec 11, 2007

They have done the samething to my daughter and son in law. But in there case the person on the phone told my daughter you can't afford the home and sorry I can't help you your not behind. Boy is that a sorry company.

Mark In Michigan.

• Lo
    LOLITA HARRIS Feb 12, 2008

I MISSED 1 PAYMENT I WAS TOLD THEY WOULD HELP ME I DID ALL MY PAPER WORK ONLY 2 GET TURNED DOWN I AM STILL FIGHTING 2 KEEP MY HOME THEY WOULD NOT TAKE A PAYMENT FROM ME UNLESS I HAD ALL THE MONEY I HAD 2 DO A CHAPTER 13 BECAUSE THEY WOULD NOT WORK WITH ME THEY STILL TALK 2 ME LIKE I AM NOTHING.

• Sh
    Sheri R. Page Jun 25, 2008

I agree with all of your comments. I was never late o9n my payment until my interest went to 10.45 then to 14.45. I have letter of exceptance and they continue to not give me my loan modif. Since November of 2007. I want to savve my home still fighting for justice.

HomeComings Financial — Fraud by Homecomings Financial

I am in a Lawsuit against Homecomings Financial. I have received several wonderful e-mails, through the...

HomeComings FinancialWill not refinance home when due without 10 to 11 thousand dollars!

My husband and I purchased our first home together through homecomings financial, after paying 24 thousand in interest over a two year period it came time to refinance, when i spoke with a representative at homecomings they said that we would have to come up with 10 to 11 thousand dollars for a down payment before they would refinance. We had to suddenly try to purchase my parents home due to an medical emergency on my parents behalf so we had put our home through homecomings on a land contract with buyers so they could carry our payment, stockton mortgage said that our payment on our home would go down when we finance, but was I in for a surprise when I contacted homecomings. Now our buyers have backed out and we are faced with bankruptcy or foreclosure on that home which is totally going to destroy our credit that we have worked so hard to rebuild. We need some good sound advice.

• Pa
    Patti Keeve May 08, 2007

I can not even get someone to speak with on the phone. Being on hold for over an hour THREE TIMES really frustrates me. We are also in an arm that is due in June 2007 and I can not get a rep on the phone to discuss our situation.

• Am
    amy arboleda Jul 27, 2007

I have horrible experience with homecomings financial everytime i called they put you on hold almost 1 hour. Also the costumer care need to be trained well mostly they are rude and no manners when i am asking them my issue i always can't get the right answer.

Maria Cantu Aug 28, 2007

My sister is having a MAJOR problem with Homecomings Financial a Company of GMAC... They have her SS# wrong in there system and will not send her any statements by mail... they can not even give her a correct account number due to there computer error... she has been making payments to Homecomings for 12 months now and they show 11 payments made. They are messing up her credit... and bank account... they informed her that they show several months as being late and that it may have been reported to the credit bureau... when she mails the check in on time!!! She was asked to double pay to "catch up" according to what Homecomings says... they have requested for her stop payment on the check that was mailed... pay by phone with a 12.00 phone fee and late fee... then the check that was already mailed out was cashed by HOMECOMINGS!!! Then her bank account went negative and she has and continues to pay MAJOR money because they can not get it together!!! Someone please respond!!! My sister has 5 kids and no time to deal with this mess!!! Buying a home is suppose to be "THE AMERICAN DREAM" right? Class Action Anyone???

Sincerely,

A sister and Aunt who loves to know my nieces and nephews have food to eat and a bed to lay in a home to stay!!!

• Lr
    L. Ruth Murphy Jan 03, 2008

I can fully understand every complaint I have read as my husband and I have gone through almost every one of the complaints I have read, for the past 2 years with HomeComings Financial. We have reported to them in the fall of 2005 they were reporting us being late for 6 months on our payments. We didn't even know until we applied for a temporary loan to help us out when my husband lost his job and we had to move to Nevada for his new job. I had to quit my 10 year job and sell everything before we moved to the Las Veagas area. It took over a year for me to find a job as there is no industry in my field of work in that God for Saken place. I spent many months calling HomeComings explaining our situation and could we refinance with a lower rate so we could at least make the payments while I searched for a job. The answer was "no" because we were late on one payment. Even though we had excellent credit with them and were never late until the month we tried to refinance. We had the baloon note and they definitely didn't want to let that go, even though they knew we couldn't make payments on time. They have ruined our credit now for 2 years while we have made repayment plans several times now. Last spring we were able to move to Houston, TX where my husband has a great job and I have a job that pays twice what was in Las Vegas. I called HomeComings last summer to work out another repayment plan so we didn't foreclose. The first month they said was for legal and attorney fees, just so they wouldn't continue to foreclose. It would not apply to the house. I have tried for 3 months to talk to the lady that was assigned to us and she never returns my calls. The only way I know I get through to her is by faxing letters and getting a confirmation that it went through. I've asked for an email, but other people there will not give it to me. When I call they tell me I haven't made any payments since last March. I told her she didn't know what she was talking about because I have proof I have made payments all year. We have contacted a lawyer and are ready to sue for total neglegence and freud. The house is on a "short sell" and we've had a buyer for over a week now and they will not respond to the offer. It's 10 thousand over what we owe. What's that all about? I sympathise with anyone who has dealt with this company. They should not be allowed to have a business and GMAC should also be sued along with them.

HomeComings Financial — Predatory lending practices!

I am in a lawsuit against Homecoming Financial, for Predatory Lending Practices. Is there any source that can...

HomeComings Financial — Cheating people out of their homes!

Homecomings Financial seems to be in the 'business' of CHEATING people OUT of their homes based on...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices