Resurgent Capital Services Complaints & Reviews

Resurgent Capital Servicesmortgage

I have a 2nd mortgage with Resurgent Capital Services. I am in the process of re-financing my 1st and 2nd mortgages thru a reputable broker. For about a month now, my broker and I have left numerous messages for a verification of mortgage. I have faxed 2 requests and also giving my permission for the broker to request on my behalf. My broker has also faxed and mailed many requests. At this point, I can't help but wonder if Resurgent Capital Services is holding my verification of mortgage on purpose. We were locked in at 4.5%. Now the mortgage rate is up to 5.5%. Send in your complaints. Write your Congressman.

1 Response
    • Un
      unglued Nov 06, 2009

I believe they are holding it on purpose. They are famous for doing things like this, trying to collect on debts not owed, debts of the dead, and paid mortgages. The collectors are not professional and are probably sociopathic. If you type in Resurgents name (and any of their other names they a have used in the past) in your search window, you will find that they are one of the worst companies around. We have been dealing with them for a year and are in the process of finding a lawyer. Good luck.

Resurgent Capital ServicesBogus Account/Credit Amount Due

May 12, 2009

CBCS and Better Business Bureau:

I am writing you this letter as well as cc’ing the Better Business Bureau with a copy of this letter to make sure it is understood I am not liable for this debt.

Once or twice a year for the last couple of years, you send me this notice re: Southwestern Bell Mobile account saying I owe $673.04 and agreeing to a settlement offer of $336.52.

I have never had an account with them or your client, Resurgent Capital Services LP, or the current creditor LVNV Funding LLC. This is my official notification that I AM NOT paying this debt, have no intention of going through the motions of proving this as I have tried to do in the past but went unnoticed.

Please stop sending me notices re: account: #[protected] and Original Creditor Account # [protected]. There is not phone number at a residence, mobile phone or pager; NO device or service did I ever have bearing this name.

Interesting – there is nothing on my CREDIT REPORT that even resembles this debt. Please write this one off as UNCOLLECTIBLE.

Sincerely,

Vivian Randall

Respond

Resurgent Capital Services — Fraud and cheating

I called to pay off our loan, it was clear to all involved that was what I was doing. I sent $20, 000, then...

Resurgent Capital Servicesharrassing phone calls

I have lived at the same address since 1995 and have a loan with resurgent. We make payments every month, but I still receive 2-3 calls everyday from them wanting toverify the last 4 digits of my ss#. When I tell them that I do not accept calls from them they continue to call 10 minutes later. Harrassing phone calls everyday!

Respond