Gulf Coast Readers Complaints & Reviews

Gulf Coast ReadersForced Personal Information

An Ad popped up on my computer for gulf coast readers for magazines at a small fee about 6 months ago. I ended up falling for it because it seemed like thats all I was going to pay. 6 months later I get a call from them saying that now I am signed up for 5 years at 79.90. I am bewildered and mad at the situation and tell them to immediately close the account and that I am not liable for it. Then the lady goes on to say that the only thing I can do is bring it down to 39.90 for 20 months. Now I am getting really upset but the lady kept insisting that I had no choice. I felt like I was manipulated under pressure while being lied to that I had to give certain information in order to reduce my costs that I am stuck with. Well I sent a letter to the head quaters, changed my bank account and deleted my voicemail. I am a college student and they are not going to get a penny out of me. i have numerous other bills to pay, not over 800 dollars for a scam.

Gulf Coast ReadersScam!

I was called today by them concerning my husband. Someone got my husband's information and ordered a bunch of magazines. Well when I tried to explain it was fraudulent activity and that we canceled the card the man proceeded to get very rude then as he was slamming down the phone he called me a b****. A terrible company with even WORSE customer service.

True Employee Nov 29, 2012

Please dont lie..all calls are monitored had someone actually done that, you would have received a phone call from a manager with an apology and if someone really did place the order using your husbands info, the call was recorded you could have proved that by having your husband on the phone with customer service to listen to tape, if it wasn't him they would have cancelled it!

Anna Holland Aug 03, 2016

Gulf Coast Reader's is a scam! They called me and were telling me that I still owed for 20 months of subscriptions and on and on and they are extremely sneaky with the way they get information out of you and ask if you have gotten any damaged magazines or if they are arriving late, as the conversation continued she told me that she will give it to me for 49.95 a month instead of the previously agreed upon $79.95, to which I never agreed!!! Well after she was through lying to me she said her supervisor has to verify everything, please hold on, and she hung up on me! A few minutes later the supervisor calls me back and was on the fast track to getting me all signed up for something I don't want and I asked what I am agreeing to and that I have been trying forever to get my subscriptions cancelled, which happen to be with another company who operates in the same manner and they have gotten too much of my money and continue to do so. She told me oh no honey you don't have a subscription with us and I told her I absolutely do not want this subscription and she does not have my permission to take any money from my account. She had gone around in a backhanded way saying they have a card on file and I need to verify that information before I realized that this is a different company. They took $39.95 out of my account!!! She said they will refund it and will never charge me again. I absolutely do NOT trust them!!

Gulf Coast Readersreceiving books I DONOT WANT

I DID NOT RECIEVE THE GIFT I WAS PROMISED. INSTEAD ARE GETTING MAGAZINES I WILL NEVER READ IN A LIFETIME. BECAUSE I DONOT EVEN BUY MAGAZINES FROM THE STORE. NOT FOURHUNDRED DOLLARS WORTH. TRIED TO CANCEL BUT WAS TOLD I COULD NOT. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS COMPANY? I WILL BE PAYING FOR THIS MAGAZINE FOR EVER . WHAT CAN I DO?.

JackBlountOhio Oct 17, 2011

Maybe you should try calling the company to see if they will work with you.

True Employee Nov 29, 2012

If you call them they send you a list of over 300 magazines and you can change them for free!

True Employee Nov 29, 2012

And 3 different people clearly told you by buying the magazines does not guarantee the gift! All the scripts the people read clearly do not state you will for sure get you gift, had you been paying attention you would have heard that!

Gulf Coast ReadersTERMS AND CONDITIONS

GROW UP PEOPLE AS WITH ANYTHING THAT YOU ORDER OVER THE PHONE. THERE ARE TERMS AND CONDITONS. SAME WITH THINGS YOU ORDER ON LINE. GULF COAST READERS HAS CANCELATION POLICY AS DO MOST COMPANIES. EVERY PERSON IS DISCLOSED THIS INFORMATION WHEN PLACING AN ORDER. MOST STATES ONLY REQUIRE A 3 DAY CANCELATION PERIOD. GULF COAST READERS GIVES EVERYONE 7 DAYS TO CANCEL.
OF COURSE COMPANIES BUY LEADS HOW DO YOU THINK YOU TELEMARKETING CALLS. IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE CALLED DO NOT PLACE YOUR NUMBER ON THE WEB FOR THE WORLD TO GET ACCESS TO! IF YOU DONT WANT SOLICATION CALLS CONTACT YOUR PHONE COMPANY AND GET A BLOCK. IF YOU ORDER ANYTHING FROM ANYWHERE PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT YOU ARE BUYING. IF YOU BUY/ SIGN UP FOR SOMETHING YOUR READ WHAT YOUR BUYING CORRECT. SO WHY WOULDNT YOU PAY ATTN TO WHAT SOME ONE TELLS YOU WHEN YOU BUY SOMETHING OVER THE PHONE. AND OF COURSE THE MOST IMPORTANT PART! IF YOU DONT PAY YOUR BILLS THEY GO INTO COLLECTIONS. THIS IS PART OF LIFE TOO. PAY YOUR BILL OR DEAL WITH COLLECTIONS. IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT YOU BUY. IF U MISS YOUR CAR PAYMENT, CREDIT CARD BILL, INSURENCE, ANYTHING COLLECTIONS FOR THAT CCOMPANY WILL CALL! YOU CANT COMPLAIN ABOUT COLLECTIONS CALLS YOUR THE ONE WHO DIDNT PAY YOUR BILLS. SOME PEOPLE NEED TO GROW UP AN REALIZE YOU ORDERED THIS PAY FOR IT OR CANCEL WITH IN THE CANCELATION TIME DUH!!!
YOU PEOPLE NEED TO GROW UP JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE BUYERS REMORSE DOESNT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO BAD MOUTH COMPANIES YOU DONT LIKE

Jennifer1978 Dec 15, 2011

You are an ###! You probably work for this ### company!!

Jennifer amaro May 10, 2012

Your attitude towards the consumer is awful. The law states that if you have a contract for more than a year or for more than $500. You must mail the contact to the consumer. If anyone is have trouble with Gulf Coast Readers you can call Florida secretary of State or the Federal Trade commission @ 877 382 4357

Jennifer0325 Jul 13, 2012

Gulf coast is a scam I used to work there. All you have to do is threaten to call the FTC, or a lawyer and they will put you on the dnc list and cancel your order. It's owned by tony and Rhonda Moulder who are crack heads. They also call people restricted and say they will discount your magazines if you verify your credit card number. Upon doing so they sign you up for another service at a cheaper price so you wil now get twice the mags and billed twice a month. Beware of this place.

Jennifer0325 Jul 13, 2012

If anyone has dealt with them I recommend putting a hold on whatever credit card you used. They have very young shady people working there who have access to your personal info and for some people that includes your social. They do not screen employees and are constantly hiring and firing. The only reason this business stays open is because even though they lie to you about everything when they record you agreeing to everything they talk fast and tell you about the total cost and that if you don't get your gift card you must call the website you signed up with. Please everyone pay attention to what you are doing and stop falling for this gimmick.

Gulf Coast Readersmagazine scam artists!

I actually work for Gulf Coast Readers and i am completely ashamed that i have to work there but i need work and this job is the only thing available. I started working there about 3 weeks ago and i have never in my life been treated so poorly or told to do so many shady things EVER! I work in the cape coral office and let me tell you First off you walk into the place and it smells like B.O!! You know why? Because they leave the AC on 85 all day long! You think hey that's not bad but when you have smokers running in and out of the building leaving doors open the the 95+ degree heat outside it gets HOT QUICK!!! I hate to say it but we are almost literally driven like slaves! If you don't follow the script word for word you will be reprimanded and possibly written up. Now the "script" has been worded so perfectly by design that it really does trick people into thinking they are getting IPADS, FREE COMPUTERS, $500 TARGET OR WALMART GIFT CARDS, VICTORIA SECRET OR SUBWAY GIFT CARDS FOR FREE! Well guess what GCR has NOTHING to do with handing out those prizes that's the initial foot in the door scam. They buy leads from pop up sites like best shopper rewards .com and FREEIPAD .com etc etc the list is quite large! They piggy back their sales into one of the requirements to get the free gift. So when the customer asks "when am i getting my IPAD"? You say i'm sorry you have to goto freeipad.com and get that info from them. Then we just keep feeding them BS with our script. We call some people 10-15 times IN A DAY! I have never been yelled at or called so many names in my life! And i understand completely!! The worst part about the job is the pay scale you get paid minimum wage 7.25 an hour with a "attendance bonus" of $1 more per hour if you are ontime every day. Well guess what its a mandatory 6 day work week AND if you log in or are late by even ONE MINUTE yup ONE MINUTE you get a point! You get 2 points and guess what you just lost your attendance bonus welcome to minimum wage! Now when i say times are tough i mean it i have been working since i was 15 i am 40+ now with a bachelors degree in computer science! And i work here at this HELL HOLE i hate deceiving people everyday i truly do but if i don't do my job i lose my job and then its back to welfare! STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE THEY ARE ### WORST OF ALL THEY ARE JUST LEGAL ENOUGH TO STAY IN BUSINESS!

A somthen Aug 11, 2011

U must have worked there when r AC broke which the owner paid 10 grand twice to fix so for the record everyone its freezen and yes we r legal we tell u we ant affiliated with websites n u can get the gift u just have to sign with so many sponsers which it website tells u so dnt believe everything u hear n only half of what u c especially from an x employee woes mad they got fired cuz they couldn't hack it

invidious Aug 29, 2011

Great retort there buddy! Did you finish 3rd grade english? or were you planning on going back to school after your management ends at GCR? And for the record i quit that POS job because thank god something better came along. You keep defending these people when there are complaints a mile long about this company and how it works the fringes of legality. You know it and I know it whats the saying you started every day off with? Be loud so the customer can hear your smile? What a joke and your sir/mam are the butt of that joke.

• Br
    bran1031 Aug 30, 2011

every one needs to cancel their card

• Br
    bran1031 Aug 31, 2011

Dear friend, please email me on more info [email protected]

• Sq
    squzz Sep 28, 2011

So, tell me something, since you worked there, is this company actually able to send an account to collections and do they really do so? My husband actually fell for this scam over a year ago. We are getting a bunch of Spanish magazines, we do not speak Spanish so why would we ever order them. Just got a call today for my husband who was not hear and it was GCR offering a 48 hour settlement. I have just refused to pay. We never got the gift offered and magazines we just throw away.

invidious Sep 29, 2011

Yes they can because they DO have a seperate department where they record all the calls and verify the orders. It works in 3 stages. 1. You get the poorly paid rep who yammers on about free prize this n that. Once you believe your going to get a gift card they are happy to spend $20 a month on magazines they can pick. 2 Once you say ok your passed to a verifier they smooze talk you into x dollars per month for 6 months. 3. Once you say ok to the verifier your called back in a few minutes and put on tape saying you want the magazines and are willing to pay for them. So yes they can actually affect your credit with this sucks i know. But do yourself a favor and tell them to provide the recording when you dispute the charge! It is easy to do at any credit reporting agency just dispute it and tell them to provide voice verification. If they cant you win!

Gulf Coast ReadersUnprofessional & Rude Customer Service

After being told 1 week ago that all of my accounts were paid in full, I received a call this morning at 7:30 am PST from Greg "Orlando" Thomas, Senior Manager. I told him that i live on the West Coast and it was only 7:30 am in which he replied "then i will speak slowly for you". He informed me that i was going to be forced into a 5 year automatic renewal from the magazine companies if I did not agree to pay $49.90 monthly for the next 20 months. I tried to explain that his company told me last week that i was completely done with my contract and all payments were done. He kept getting more unprofessional with me on the phone and even told me that he was doing me a favor by offing this and could simply hang up the phone on me and throw me to the magazine companies. When i asked him how much that would be, he would not give me an answer and said that i was wasting his time going around and around and he was going to hang up on me to deal with other customers. I have never been treated in a more unprofessional manner and with so little respect.
If i am a sucker for being tricked into a magazine scam, i will accept that responsibility. I am afraid that after i pay the remainder of this contract ($49.90 for the next 20 months), they will force me into another payment scheme.
My customer service issue is this: Calling a customer at 7:30 am is unacceptable and bad business. Greg "Orlando" Thomas did not care at all. I know he had my address and knew i am in the state of Washington, because he mentioned my address twice. He took great offense to me asking him his name and position at the company. His name may be an alias. The 2nd person i had to talk to during a recorded conversation refered to him as Orlando and then seemed to back pedal when i told her he said his name was Greg Thomas.
After investigating this company, i have found many similar complaint made about their attitude towards customers. Please accept my complaint and thank you for your time.

Date of incident: 5/25/11

• Ta
    TANK_212 Jul 20, 2011

I have been scammed by these people too. I was trying to get a free laptop from FreeUSLaptop.com, and after about filling out 2 offers, 1 for netflix, 1 for a credit score, it presented me with a page saying "just 18 moree offers to your free laptop!". I cancelled the 2 offers I signed up for and figured id forget about it. The next day, Eric from Gulf Coast Readers calls me and says that this magazine sponsorship thing is all I need to get my laptop. I told him that i cancelled that and that i thought the whole laptop thing was a rip-off, but he assured me that this was the last step, and that if I got this far, Id get my laptop. I know I was stupid to go along with it, but they do put a lot of pressure on you. So after listening to a woman rattle off a script at breakneck speed, I agreed. A week later, 2 charges were made from my bank account, one from GCR, another from Your Best Option. I expected the GCR charge, but had no idea what the Your Best Option charge was, after looking over several complaints here, I know now that it was also GCR, just a different name. Anyway, not being able to find out what it was, I reported it to my bank as an unauthorized charge. Having closed that account, the next month, Eric from GCR calls me and says I missed a payment. I tell him I don't want these magazines, the few I had received weren't even the ones I had ordered, and I didnt get the laptop either. He told me that their company has nothing to do with the laptop website, and that I mustve done something else wrong to not get the laptop. He also said I cant cancel now, and that I had to pay them $49.95 a month for the next 5yrs. I told him I thought that was crap, but he said he had me recorded on tape agreeing to these terms, thus constituting a legal agreement, and that I had to pay this or they were going to sue me. I got angry with him, and eventually he said they could offer me a settlement deal that would be $130 a month for 6 months. He reminded me that if I refuse, they can and most likely will sue me, and this will look bad on my credit report. Not wanting that outcome, I agreed. Im worried that I'm stuck with these payments until christmas. Now he says he has me on tape agreeing to the settlement, is there anyway I can get out of this? These people are predatory, evil ###, and they cant be allowed to grift people out of money like this!!!

Candiceknows Oct 23, 2011

I would love to talk to you. I know a lot about this company and the way they work. Please send me your #.

Candiceknows Oct 23, 2011

i'D LOVE FOR YOU TO EMAIL ME YOUR PHONE NUMBER. i KNOW A LOT ABOUT THIS. PLEASE CONTACT ME. CONCERNED.

• ExirouA Oct 23, 2011

weird

• ExirouA Oct 23, 2011

weird.

Gulf Coast Readerstaking money when not suppose to

i did not give permission for u to take money off my visa card every week for magazines i want my money back on my card or i will be sueing u i will be going to the attorney generals office about this i better get my money back

• Rs
    Rserene Aug 02, 2011

Contact 1800helpflorida.com, file a complaint. When GCR's contact you and try to griff more money to cancel your account refuse. Within a couple of weeks they should close your account with no extra charges.

A somthen Aug 11, 2011

No one takes money from u from Gulf coast without ur permission on recording so if all u complaners would remember n pay attention to stuff u get into u wouldn't have this problem

anons999 Dec 22, 2012

You must agree to be recorded for actual payments to even be taken off your card, and you also have to be recorded stating that you agree for the payments to come off. It absolutely amazes me that all the sales reps, supervisors, and verifiers these people go through with nothing but explaining PAYMENTS these idiots think they dont have to pay for anything...

Gulf Coast Readersmagazine rip-off misleading

i received a call saying that i could keep a laptop if i tested it... it was a dell xps ... so i said yeah sure i'll go for it... then they said that i could get it but that i had to just get a magazine subscription for six months as a payback for the gift that this company was giving me so i said. sure that sounds fair. i got it and two weeks later i started receiving them then i was switched about three times the name of the company until they stuck with gulf coast readers. then they called saying that if i wanted to save money by paying the entire three 1/2 years of my subscription in one whole payment. i told them that i had signed up only for six months and they said that i would get sent to collection. that the company had spent 670.00 dollars getting me a contract with other companies for the magazines. i was called so many times a day.. until i was receiving a call from a collection agency or something.. So i payed the whole thing and now i only receive the half of the number of magazines that they said i'd receive. I haven't been able to contact them for an adress change or anything because they cant find my subscriptors ID

invidious Jun 01, 2011

• Rr
    RR Ruby Feb 24, 2012

GULF COAST READERS IN CAPE CORAL FLORIDA TAKE NOTICE... YOU AIN'T GETT'IN PAID FOR ANY MAGAZINES SHIPPED TO ME. I DID NOT ORDER THEM...THEY ARE NOT THE TOPICS I AM EVEN REMOTELY INTERESTED IN...I AM SICK AND TIRED OF YOUR TELEPHONE CALLS...FURTHERMORE, ANY LETTERS OR BOGUS INVOICES, STATEMENTS, ETC. WILL BE USED IN MY PRIVATE RESTROOM TO WIPE MY LOWER POSTERIOR AND FLUSHED !!!

Gulf Coast Readerstaking money after I cancelled service

Sent letter (provided by company giving option to cancel) signed' dated. mailed 3 day service' registered. I cancelled the magazines. I don't read any of the magazines they offer. They took the money out of my account anyway. Now I am overdrawn at the bank. My husband does not get paid til next week. How can they take yor money after you cancel their service ? This is just wrong. There has to be a law against this.

BASEBALL7687 Nov 20, 2010

ITS THE 21ST CENTURY AND THE REASON WHY ARE COUNTRY IS IN THE CONDITION ITS IN IS BECAUSE OF PEOPLE MISUNDERSTANDING CONTRACTS AND OR POLICIES. UNDERSTAND THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF A CONTRACT BEFORE YOU REQUEST ANY SERVICE PLAIN AND SIMPLE. ALSO UNDERSTAND ANY POLICY THAT A COMPANY HAS IN PLACE AS FAR AS CANCELLATION. AS FOR YOUR CASE JUDI I'M PRETTY SURE THIS COMPANY GULF COAST READERS WILL REFUND YOUR MONEY BECAUSE NO SERVICES HAVE BEEN RENDERED. ADDITIONALLY THE OVERDRAFT CHARGES : THE BANK WILL CLAIM THEY ARE NOT AT FAULT BECAUSE YOU LEGITIMATELY PLACED AN ORDER AND THEREFORE THEY ARE NOT THE REASON FOR YOUR OVERDRAFT CHARGES. HAVE A BETTER GRASP ON YOUR FINANCES AND STOP GIVING OUT YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION OVER THE PHONE. I HAVE ZERO SYMPATHY FOR YOU AND AS FAR AS LAWS AGAINST THE NORMAL BUSINESS PRACTICES OF AMERICA I THINK YOU'RE SOL

• Em
    emailmenot Dec 09, 2010

what you dont understand, "BASEBALL", is that companies like Gulf Coast Readers obtain numerous personal informations off of unauthorized sources. They are in violation of human rights to privacy, and once they obtain that information they refuse to get rid of it. they charge you a substantial amount of money, doesnt matter if the consumer wants it or not.

as for you judi, if they have charged your account it is very easy to get that money back.
    what you have to do is talk to your bank, explain the situation that you are in, and they will most likely file a complaint against that company. Also with that, if the bank sees that the company has charged your account without proper authorization, they will get your money back. Simple.

JackBlountOhio Oct 17, 2011

You're the dumbest person in the world. These people are victims of telemarketing. They provide the company with all the proper billing information over the phone and agree to the debits from their accounts. If they did not agree to the charges the "verbal agreement" would not be in place. Get a clue dumbass

Gulf Coast ReadersInformation

I too was scamed into their magazine deals know they are reporting me to collections and telling me that they will garnish my paychecks if I don't pay them!!! Has anyone found a way to get out of this? Any help or information would be great these guys are horrible to work with!!!

BASEBALL7687 Nov 23, 2010

Sounds like you placed any order over a telephone. Contracts that are binding which in this case you have a binding agreement are as follows : If the company said they would deliver some of value (I'm assuming they did) and the client (you) agreed to compensate you for that in some way, you have an agreement, whether this took place over the phone, in person, or via an email exchange. For an agreement to be binding, the company and the client simply need to agree on two things : The services you will perform, and what you will receive in exchange. In addition some states requires signatures. You are not in a signature state therefore are required to pay the contract agreed upon. I am assuming the company will accommodate your financial situation as most companies are now showing a trend in more flexible payment plans.

• Ju
    judi m.m. Sep 20, 2012

i was talked into recieving magazines from the company gulf Coast readers.. all communication was verbal and done over the telephone
    i hav called numerous times to cancel my subscriptions for the magazines and was told it was to late to cancel as i didnt follow up per their procedures.
    I have told them i have a limited income and could not afford these magazines. The total payments of all these magazines comes out to over $900.00. Which is outragious and I told them.
    How do i get out of this contract and how do I cancel, I was told i could make higher payments to off set the total amount due which would lower it. I told them I still cannot do these amounts.
    Any and all information would be extremely helpfull. As I really need to get out of this contract.
    Is this binding and legitimate?
    I also recieving magazines which I never ordered and get bills for these also, which I ignore.

MY E-mail address is [email protected] thank you Judi

Gulf Coast Readerswon,t wouldn,t Cancel

I called in on time to cancel my order and was refused that option and then was told that they would send me a $500. wal-mart card which I never got but, instead I got there bill of which I really refuse to pay them at all. This company is really a scam company and it is unfair that they can get away with all this calling and billing crap that they pul on the public. I FLAT REFUSE TO PAY THAT BILL AND I REFUSE TO EVEN SPEAK TO THEM ON THE PHONE I AM SO GLAD THAT I NEVER GAVE UP MY CARD NUMBE TO THIS PISS POOR OPERATION THAT JUST TAKES PEOPLES MONEY. WHO CAN'T AFFORD TO PAY ANYWAY THERE SPEAL ON THE PHONE SEEMS SO PROFESSIONAL THAT A 2 YEAR OLD WOULD FALL FOR IT

DON'T BUY FROM THEM EVER!!!

bayboy2 Aug 15, 2010

i was told that i would received an gift card from walmart i never receive it so i wanted to cancel but they called me back wanted to sell me some more magazines

jolen Jan 09, 2011

I wanted to cancel after I read some of the complaints I saw on the internet. I tried calling but I get the same thing, I get a tone, then hangup. I went on their web page and mailed a request for the cancelation. They had proof of my validation of caneling. I found out just now that this wasn't canceled on my bank statement. I just got a way from another wacky company on the phone, and now this!

Angry Women Apr 22, 2011

I was called by Gulf Coast Readers back in March, I have been paying $65.80 a month, they will no let me cancel even though I have not received any magazines. I am supposed to pay for 15 months and get magazines for 5 years. I was told to keep a look out for the Fedex truck, I still haven't seen it. They say i agreed (which I probably did) to do this. It is a binding contract to the magazine companies, so I can't cancel because it's not a magazine company. If anyone can help me please do.

Gulf Coast Readerspoor service

I called in to cancel this service within the seven day period that they gave me to cancel. I received a letter stating that the service was still going to be charging my account even though I had already cancelled. The customer service rep that I spoke with on 7/5/10, Olivia, was extremely rude claiming that I couldn't cancel the service now because it was beyond the 7 day period, I asked to speak to a supervisor and she refused stating that she was the highest up in her department. I cannot afford to pay for this service which is why I cancelled it originally, now i am stuck because she said the only way to cancel is to pay the whole amount of the service which is over $700.00 USD. I cannot afford to pay this at this time and being that I did what I was supposed to do and cancelled in the correct amount of time, I should not be responsible to pay this or have to be subjected to this woman's awful attitude when i called to complain about the company's mistake!!! I WANT THIS RESOLVED NOW!!!

BASEBALL7687 Nov 20, 2010

ITS THE 21ST CENTURY AND OUR ECONOMY IS DOWN THE DRAIN BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU. UNDERSTAND THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF A CONTRACT BEFORE YOU SIGN UP FOR IT, PLAIN AND SIMPLE. ALSO UNDERSTAND ANY POLICY THAT A COMPANY HAS IN PLACE AS FAR AS CANCELLATION. MOST COMPANIES FINANCE THESE TYPES OF SERVICES FOR YOU, THEREFORE YOU NOT PAYING THEM BACK WILL HAVE A TRICKLE DOWN EFFECT ON THE REST OF THE ECONOMY. THANKS

• Pa
    Pamela Yarbrough Sep 19, 2012

They did the same exact thing to me and I had called within the seven day period, and they say I didn't. I do not know what to do they are the largest scam artists I have ever seen.

• Pa
    Pamela Yarbrough Sep 19, 2012

Whoever works for this company need to stop lying to people and telling them that they are getting a gift card when they really don't. I did understand the terms, they just out and out lied. They should not scam people that are sick and have limited income either. They recorded all the calls but the one that scammed me now come on what is that all about?

Gulf Coast ReadersImpossible to get out

They called me almost a year ago Scammed me into buying 24 months of their magazines promising me a $1000 walmart gift card. They also gave me the option to cancel 7 days after recieving a conformation in the mail. I sent it back instantly but apparently It arrived back at their head quarters after the 7 day deadline was over. I never recieved the Gift card only recieved Magazines a quarter of the time. So I called them asking what was going on. They said they send me my gift card via email. I never received it So I called again asking if I could just cancel because I didnt want the magazines to begin with and definatly didnt want to pay for something I wasnt getting. They told me they had already paid the publishers and couldnt cancel it however they could knock 20% off the payments. I was not happy. I called my Credit Card company and explained what happened, they blocked all charges. Some how months later they found a way around it. Not only that but Gulf Coast called me saying they could reduce the payments again. I told them no but for some reason they took that as a renewal for another 20 months! Its still a mess and Im still neck deep in it! Beware!!!

• Du
    duncanc Jun 25, 2010

well actually i did a survey with them a while back. They called me and said they send me 500 dollar gift card in mail by fedex and some magazines... the thing is i do not have a bank account credit or debit card. so i never had to fill any of that out. so what does that mean will happen to me.

• Rm
    R_M Jun 09, 2011

How did you fix this?

• Kp
    kp14 Nov 09, 2011

I had similar problems with them and tried calling to cancel but they told me I would have to pay for full term of agreement. I wrote up a complaint with the Better Business Bureau through BBB website. It was super easy, no charge and very effective. Within two days of putting statement through to BBB, Gulf Readers called and told me they would cancel my contract and no additional fees.

Gulf Coast ReadersRefusal to see/hear terms of contracts

The company continued to bill me after I tried to cancel my account. When I asked to see of hear the contract I was told it was valuable to the company, and I am not allowed to see the contract at all. How do they expect payment of a contract that I am not allowed to hear. There customer service was repetitive and not helpful, instead they became hostile when I asked for the contract.

A somthen Aug 11, 2011

Thats just crap all the way we fly record u for no reason duh and we mail out the contract right after that I would no I did the mailing!! Gosh at least state facts if ur going to complain

Gulf Coast ReadersRipped Off

I too got a call from Gulf Coast Thieves and was also promised a $500 gift card for Best Buy. I never have received any gift card. I called to confront them and tell them I would like to cancel my account and they told me it was a web site I had to go to to get my gift card. It doesn't exist. Now my account is in collections because they gave out my credit card information to other publishing companies. I had to cancel the card to avoid future withdraws. Now they say they have verified my employment and are going to take the money out of my check. I don't know if they can really do this. Watch out these guys will put you through the wringer.

• Em
    Emert D.Dull Jr Sep 10, 2010

I receive a 59.80 statement on my credit card statement this month.I already cancel my order last month.Why is that amount on my credit card statement.You conferm that I cancel my order.I shouldn't have to pay that amount.Make it right or you will get a phone call from me and it won't be nice.

From
    Emert d. Dull Jr

carolSiddon Jun 15, 2011

I was Called on cell phone and was told these magazines would not only cost two payments of $.20.00. Now I get a calllast evening Telling me I have a credit of $199.00.How would I like to pay this in the full amt. or 6 payments?I told him this was not the agreement on the phone and to just cancel magazines .I hope they do not try to collect this money, as i have already spoken to credit card company. Carol Siddon

anons999 Dec 22, 2012

Everything is recorded and you must agree to be recorded, if you dont agree your call is ended then & there. U are never ever PROMISED any sort of gift, employees will be immediately terminated at the mention of "promising a gift" Pay attention to the payments better and the question " WILL YOU AGREE TO BE RECORDED "

Gulf Coast Readerscharging me for magazines i've never ordered

I got a call stating that I was going to get flooded with magazines if I didn't stop renewal on magazines I've never gotten. They tried to get me to pay $59. to $39 for 20 months for 5 years of magazines that I don't want and can't pay for. I can't even pay for medications as it is. I would never spend that much on magazines. Don't send me any magazines because I can't and won't pay for them

• So
    SOPHILIA Sep 13, 2010

GULF COASTAL READERS INC. THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM FIRST OF ALL I WAS SUPPOSE TO DO BE CHARGED $2.00 THEN IWAS CHARGED$ 39.40 $40 . THE NEXT MONTH WHEN I CALLED TO LET THEM NO I DID NOT AUTHORIZE ANY OF THESE AMOUNTS THEY ARE SAYING THEY WILL CONTINUE CHARGING ME EVEN THOUGH I HAD NEVER RECEIVED THE IPAD OR MAGAZINES . I CONTACTED THE BETTER BUSINESS BBB. I ADVICE EVERYONE TO DO THE SAME : SOPHILIA

• So
    SOPHILIA Sep 13, 2010

ALSO THIS THE PHONE NUMBER IF ANYONE NEEDS IT :12395400707

• Mi
    Mike Watkins II Jun 04, 2011

Your crazy lady

• Mi
    Mike Watkins II Jun 04, 2011

You people are wasting your time lawyers can't do anything it's a law bidding agreement through digital recordings just like placing a order from the tv everything is done by phone. My lawyers looked into it and if I don't pay this bill it will go to collections and they will proceed against me for none payment of my financial agreement with them. Thanks a lot you ###s for blogging all this crap about reporting them cause it's no use I placed the order for a online gift and i did my research on the recording of my tapes the lady clearly told me that they aren't responsible for the gift, the website is plus if you need glasses the website says it also under term and conditions now I just wasted money on lawyers to look into this thanks to you jerks. So word of advice man up and pay your damn bills you placed the order now take responsibility for your actions yea their customer service might suck but if you don't want a collection agency hunting you down then pay your damn bills on time ###s.

Gulf Coast Readersrip off

this mother###ers just ###ed with the wrong person they got my account number from my kid but what they don't realize is that for every dollar they take out i hacked there ### and i get double back so ### them go head take another dollar and watch Ur ### I'm gonna crash y'all

pl49 Aug 17, 2010

i would be more then happy to help you get these [censor]...

• Ly
    lydia fergison Nov 01, 2010

thay did me the same way and wont cancle 900.00 for magzines thats crazy did i get my wallmart card hell no now i dont know what to do if anny one knows please e mail me at [email protected] thank you

lydia

• Ly
    lydia fergison Nov 01, 2010

900.00 for magzines and no walmart gift card i was going to use the gift card for my kids christmas how offell thay not only riped off me but my kids to now thats really low down and dont know how to cancle and thay proubley wont anny way if anny one can help me please e mail me at [email protected] thank you for reading this thay dont juist rip off adults thay rip off kids christmas by not sending the 500.00 gift card shame on them

lydia fergison 19710 lakeside dr charlestown ind 47111
    thanks to all who read this god bless

Gulf Coast Readers — unable to cancel

they scammed me into buying magizines and then gave me the number above to call to cancel should i choose to...

Gulf Coast Readers — magazine scam

I received a phone call from this company saying I owe them $1300 and they are sending it to collections. I...

Gulf Coast Readersmagazines changed without my consent

I agree with all other complaints- trying to call these guys to deal with complaints is a nightmare. I have payed for the magazine subscriptions, however at some point they changed the magazines they had available. So instead of receiving food and wine and similar magazines I began receiving business oriented magazines. When I called to ask what was going on they told me that they had too many clients to be able to call everyone and find out what magazines they wanted. If I made a deal to pay for certain magazines and they are taking my money for said magazines I do not see how they can change them out, site laziness as an excuse and expect people to be happy with that. In addition, it's been over 3 months since I asked them to change the magazines and I am still receiving the ones I did not want. This company is irresponsible and incapable.

• My
    MY Tippetts Oct 10, 2009

I was contacted by them a few days ago and they have tried to get money from me. Does anyone have the 800 number? I would like to try to call them. I think I will put a block on them ASAP. Thanks for the heads up.

playb98 Feb 26, 2010

Gulf Coast ReadersTotal Scam

I called to cancel my order and was informed that I would have to wait until I received my initial paperwork and fill out the written cancellation request. So that's what I did. The account is cancelled, but I'm out $59.80 that they refuse to refund because the cancellation notice was received after my initial payment date--even though I called in and tried to cancel BEFORE my initial payment date. The manager I spoke with, Eric, informed me that I had a right to cancel by phone or by mail. When I explained my situation, he repeated this and followed by hanging up on me. DO NOT FALL FOR ANYTHING GULF COAST READERS TRIES TO TELL YOU.

• Co
    cory brown Jun 13, 2009

i worked for gulf coast readers and they were the worst possible job set ups.
    i was treated like ###. and we do scam people out of there money.
    look if any one calls and says congradulations uve been entered into our 2009 or so all cash sweepstakes hang up imediatly dont even try to get on the do not call list because they will never leave you alone!! ever.
    my name is cory brown and i have nothing to hide on this company
    u can personally call me and ask 815 389 1004
    to hell with gcr and kevin swoliak the writer of the sale pitches.
    the magazines we sold will kill your credit card with bills trust me i know

• Qu
    QueenieCotton Oct 23, 2009

I am a current victim of this company. They are not willing to assist in making their mistake correct but my bank (US Bank) has heard of them before and where willing to refund my money. Had to report it as fraud which it was and got my money back. This entire situation was very frustrating and I really hope that this company goes down burning. We are in a recession and it makes me want to take a trip to 1327 Lafayette St Ste A Cape Coral, FL 33904 and act a fool on whoever is sitting in there office and making all these crazy transactions on people. Please make a complaint to the BBB and hopefully we can get them shut down. I was not going out for a lose of $59 dollars. Damn that is too much money. Hell that is 4 hours at work and i be darn if I am just giving them my hard earned money. This has to stop.

• Ka
    Kayla Becker Feb 16, 2010

THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME AND I HAVE NEVER BEEN THIS UPSET. I AM A DAMN COLLEGE STUDENT TRYING TO MAKE ENDS MEET AND THEY CALLED ME AND SAID, "YOU HAVE WON A $500 WALMART GIFT CARD BUT YOU WILL HAVE TO ABIDE BY THE FEES OF THIS MAGAZINE. WELL IM NOT STUPID. PAYING MORE FOR A MAGAZINE THAN MY PRIZE MONEY. HELL NO! I CALLED AND CANCELLED AND SENT THE NOTIFICATION IN WAY BEFORE TIME AND THEY STILL STOLE MY MONEY. IT WAS ALL THE MONEY I HAD LEFT IN MY ACCOUNT. WHAT THE HELL AM I GOING TO DO FOR FOOD THIS MONTH. THATS ALL THE MONEY I HAD FOR FOOD. I HATE GULF COAST READERS AND I HOPE NO ONE WILL FALL FOR THEIR DIRTY CONNIVING TRICKS.

• Jc
    jc2007 Feb 01, 2011

I was called by this Gulf Club reader place and i was talk to by Eric and was ask if i was satisfied with there buisness and i was confuse for multipl, e reasons beacause first of all what the hell i never had abything to do with them prior to this call and also when i told them that i never had receive anything from them they proceeded by saying " oh really were soory, i think your one of the cities where were having postal issues" i told them i city and they supposely looked it up and said "oh yeah ur city is in the list " i was like what a dam coisedence thats were everything started feeling like a scam .Then through the call the other things that were strange was that they had my account number even though i had never given it to them ...The told me i was gonna have 10 day to cancel from the day i receive the written report and the list of magazines to choose from, i never got the list and the wriiten report i had no number to call too i looked for the web site they didnt have one i googled and found tons of scams and they manage to find a # i called they hang up 3 times then when they finally answer the guy who did was SO RUDE N IGNORANT they didnt allow to cancel now they keep calling and everytime they do its unknow caller or private and they leave rude voice mails and threatning also they charge me 70 dollars so I CANCEL THAT ACCOUNT IN MY BANK..so dont fall for this its horrible they are RUDE and not willing to help and resolve anything ...We have to do anything we can to bring them down...Go too BBB.com

• Lg
    Lgass May 05, 2011

I use to work there too they r a total scam, I quit cause I couldn't lie to people anymore, I only worked there a week, and it was a sucky job with crap for pay unless u scan enough people to buy their scam everyday... They need to be shut down

Gulf Coast ReadersComplete Scam?

Well I was just resently hit by this one. I recived a phone call just the way the ex-employee described. Well when I recived the first bill it was 59.80. Way more then what I could afford to pay so I called. Well I was again fooled by a worker and he said he would take some of the magizines off the list to make it cheaper. I moved about a week after that but I just recived another letter saying that they were going to bill my account again for 59.80. I have not recieved one magazine I just recently got the internet and decided to look up GCR instead of calling to change my address and see why it was still 59.80. I was really shocked when all I saw was complaints on this company! The numbers that I have ssen on here are nothing like the one on my bill. MIne is [protected] and the guys name on it is Edward Epps. This place does not even have a web page it takes you to a site that is probably full of more scams. Well I guess I will never see any of the magazines that I am going to pay for now I guess. If anyone ever figures out the answer please let me know because after this many people that has been trapped just think of all the one's that dont even know. Like me until about an hour ago. I guess as long as you change you account number what else can they do to get the money? Nothing right? They cant prove that we have recieved them or not they aren't signed for or anything they are just passing them out to where ever they think we are billing our accounts. How are you sopposed to trust these people if they never answer a phone?

• Li
    Lindsey May 08, 2009

I Have also been scammed by this comany! PLEASE GO TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND FILE A COMPLAINT!!! It takes maybe 15-20 minutes and anyone can do it! They said they will submit the claim to the company in 2 days. WE CANNOT LET ONE MORE PERSON GET RICH OFF OF HONEST HARD WORKING AMERCANS MONEY!!! We have to do whatever we can to shut them down. I know they already had several complaints. When trying to cancel my subscription the woman told me I couldn't speak with her manager because she was the manager then she hung up on me! what ligitimate business does that??? I also went to my state attorney general's website and the FTC website. DO NOT JUST LET THEM HAVE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY! go to https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/GetStarted.aspx. It is well worth the short amount of time it takes to file this complaint!

• Sh
    Shining Jul 21, 2009

I feel that I was victimized by Gulf Coast Readers because I received a phone call for a refund that this company owed me at 1-800-679-4046 and spoke with a person by the first name of "Eric". He said that I owed him money on mazagines that I ordered. I told him I only deal with a magazine company out of Montana that I originally signed an agreement with. But I do not want Gulf Coast Readers magazines. Then he played a recording and said that I made a payment from my bank account and still owed money for magazines. Eric stipulated that if I didn't make any more payments that he would turn me over to a Third Party Collection Agency. I told him that I did not make that recording and that I do not want his magazines. But he refused to listen and commenced to verbally threatening me.

I live in Washington state and don't feel that these type of harassing and scamming companies should be allowed to operate such deceiving businesses in any state.

I will refuse to my nickname as 'DOT'. I completely agree with Lindsey. WE DO WORK HARD FOR OUR MONEY AND THESE SCAMMING BUSINESSES NEED TO BE STOPPED.

playb98 Feb 26, 2010

its not that gcr scams people they supply a ligitamate service. if you dont want to buy something then dont. if your not willing to pay for something that you order and agreed to you just expect a company to be out of money because U didnt listen to the facts they state to you

• Er
    ericdaniels Jul 14, 2010

Edward Epps personal cell phone # is 941-286-7953

Gulf Coast Readers — Scam and incessant calls!

Frequent calls from "unavailable" number 8am through 2am. Caller never spoke when answered, until today...

Gulf Coast Readers — Policy of orders!

I get a phone call to have me order magazines. I have no problem with that. The problem is that I told them...

Gulf Coast Readers — Received magazines I never ordered!

I received a postcard saying I ordered Stuff and Maxim magazines from Gulf Coast Readers I never ordered...