Reading Club of America Complaints & Reviews

Reading Club of Americascam

This company really took advantage of me, they caught me at a moment when I was busy and I was told I could cancel the order if I wanted to after I thought about it. When I called them back to cancel the order they told me that I was not allowed to cancel, that it wouldn't be fair to the magazine companies. They told me they would give me 70% off if I payed the balance at that time. I could not pay it, and I felt trapped and ripped off . If I don't pay the total amount at 70% off then I still owe the full amount of 1037.40. For magazines that I am not even getting, they are sending me a couple of magazines that I did not order. I am so mad at myself for being in this position. What do I do?

1 Response
    • Sv
      S_ V_G Mar 17, 2015

I just got a call from a " civil" person...she even said she wasn't a mediator BUT I owe money to The Readers Club of America at the tune of $1287.00 ! Because, she went on, that I agreed in a " oral contract" in agreeing to buy the magazines for 43 months ! Crock of crap...oh yes and this civil suit is in the next county over. Why ? It's more expensive ? But since I haven't lived there in 30 years...how did they come up with that ? Oh my ! When I told Ms. Scammer that gee I said a NONoNo loudly to the person trying to " renew magazines " she got pissy with me and...I got to thinking that quote of $29.95 they were going to take out of my bank account..I think previously I had been getting magazines but decided to quit when Ms. Pissy called...now this supposed lawsuit against me from blocking them off my account in 2010...a bit late on the notification !!! Gee no letter since 2010 or phone calls until today...SCAM...I told the lady I was speaking to my lawyer...which I am not until I request a certified letter to me details of when and what and all. We will see just how long this stands when I tell her lawyer ...which I am not calling ...said to send letter. My folks who LIVE in the next county over was from where this " civil lawsuit" was to take place if I didn't pay. Lol sounds illegal and being this illegally happened in 2010 ?? Scam !

Reading Club of AmericaWhat do I do?

I've been reading the complaints about reading club of America. I called and cancelled because i figured i didn't need the magazines and plus I cannot afford it. I just thought i would start surfing the internet to learn more about the reading club of america when I came across all these complains about it. Even though I called and cancelled i'm worried about everything I am hearing. So someone please help me. What do I do just to make sure I am cancelled and safe?

4 Responses
      • Bi
        Bigrig 2 Dec 06, 2011

I have payed the collection angencys $249.99, they took it out of my account with debt card the LBA collection company and payed them and they still think I owe them. Something needs to be done with this company Readers Club of America!!!

• He
        Helaine Summers Mar 07, 2010

I am trying to cancel as well, but cannot. I also cannot afford the payments but they don't care. There has to be some way to cancel.

• Kd
        kd1meter Sep 23, 2009

How do you cancel the Reading Club of America account?

• Li
        lizliz May 18, 2009

they never canceled my account and they continually call me everyday leaving voicemails saying that if i dont pay the 400 fine they are going to come after me with their creditors and idk what i am supposed to do either? i dont want magazines either and i sure as heck cant afford it...i just lost my job and i certainly dont want their crap.

Reading Club of AmericaI keep receiving bills

Many months back I lost my credit cards, since then I keep getting phone calls, and letters saying I owe$359... Now, and a total of $843.75... How do I get these people off my back. My credit is good. I pay all my bills ontime. i didnt order this readers of America club. I did notice one of my cards was being charge. Of course i canceled all of my cards. Now its phone calls everyday, What should I do. Please help.

Respond
        ADVERTISIMENT

Reading Club of America — A COMPLETE SCAM!!

This is an AWFUL business (if you would even call it that). The minute that I got off the phone with these...