Consumer Reports Magazine Complaints & Reviews

Consumer Reports Magazineunable to contact

I had originally attempted to contact Consumer Reports to complain about the fact that subscribers were barred from using its web-site unless they paid an additional $19. And that is, still, a primary complaint. However, when I attempted to e-mail Consumer Reports by clicking onto consumer reports.org/letterto editor, there was virtually no way to decipher a route by which this could be accomplished. I defy anybody to manage to send an e-mail to Consumer Reports based on the web-site's instructions...impossible. If Consumer Reports were rating its own user-friendliness, it would get a failing grade. Oh, when I clicked onto "Donate" I was transferred immediately to a concise explanation which would be routed directly to the correct Department. Other than donations or subscriptions, people wishing to contact Consumer Reports are out of luck/

• Jv
    jvan slyke Feb 19, 2011

I find the same thing. It would be nice to be able to contact them with suggestions.

Resolved Consumer Reports MagazineFraud and cheating

The product recommendations of Consumer Reports Magazine are basically worthless. We bought a Frigidaire washer and dryer based on their recommendations and both are a piece of junk having been repaired numerous times. We also bought a Schwinn elliptical trainer which they said was a Consumer Reports BEST BUY and after being used less than 20 times it sits dead in our basement.

Consumer Reports may not know how to determine a quality product but they will fill your mailbox with promotions about automobile pricing, books on investing and medical care, etc. Based on their 'wonderful' product recommendations I would do exactly the opposite of what they say.

If you want product ratings you are better off searching online for free info than paying Consumer Reports for a bunch of know nothing nonsense.

Chris Polk Feb 26, 2009

I am contacting you on behalf of Electrolux Major Appliances in relation to your posting on www.complaintsboard.com. I would like to apologize for the difficulty you have had with your appliance. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this issue with you so that I can personally look in to this matter in order to do so please send me your contact information, and the best time to contact you. I would also need your model and serial number and a file number if available, so that I can research this matter? Again I regret the disappointment with your appliance and look forward to resolving this issue with you.

Sincerely
    Chris Polk
    Escalation Specialist
    Electrolux Major Appliances
    [email protected]

Resolved Consumer Reports MagazineWorthless

Save your money and search on the internet for product recommendations. Consumer Reports is a joke. We bought a washer and dryer, Frigidaire, that they recommended and both are total pieces of garbage. Both have been repaired many times and still work marginally at best.

We also bought a Schwinn elliptical (a CR best buy) and it lasted less time than a Pro-Form treadmill which most people acknowledge is a piece of junk. The elliptical was used probably 20 times since we have it and now it sits in the basement inoperative. I tried to call Schwinn customer service at 7:45PM, they are supposed to be open until 8PM but they were already gone. Gone with my money. One would think that part of CR's review would be how well a company's customer service operation functions but I guess that is asking too much.

Now if you want advice on something scientific like which ketchup their panel of taste "experts" likes the best maybe you should subscribe to Consumer Reports but if you want product reviews that are worth something CR is not the place you want to be.