Essentials For Home Complaints & Reviews

Essentials For Home — no website for $50.00 gift cards

I was told to log on www.essentialsforhome.com/open/form/50 in order to get $50.00 in gift cards. I tried but...

Essentials For HomeUnauthorized Enrollment

I don't know how and when this company got my information and how they were able to take money from my account for 2 years. I only found out about now because I was having trouble paying for my son's college tuition. I called my bank, and they told me that all charges have been stopped due to a suspious charge on my account from Essentials for Home. I asked my Bank to give me the telephone number so I can call them. When I called to ask what was it that I was paying for, they told me that it was for them giving me information, books, and coupons for my household. I told them that I had never recieved anything of the sorts and that I wanted an itemized statement of all the things that I have recieved from them. They could not give me an answer to anything and got angry with me when I got angry and demanded all of the money they stole from me because obviously I did not recieve a thing. I went back to all my bank statements as far as 2 years and also found the same telephone number under the name of Essentials for home so I called again. They knew who I was because they probably have caller ID.
And I asked them all the same questions, they got mad, and started yelling and hung up on me. I tried to call back but they would not answer. I was charge $14.95 for Value Plus and $14.95 for Essentials for Home. A total of $29.90 a month for 2 years to a fraudulent company. If there is anyone else out there that had the same outcome, I want in on anything that would bring this company down. (Notice that there no real PHYSICAL ADDRESS.)

Essentials For Homeunauthorized use of credit card

2 charges on my credit card from "Essentials for Home" of Coral Gables, Fl. Never heard of this company. I did speak with a sales rep from Cheap Trips. I have a membership with that company. He did state that I would be receiving a $25.00 gift card. I see other people were complaining about this gift card offer also. Could be these two companies are linked? Feels like slamming to me. Maybe the complaint should be about Cheap Trips also.

Essentials For Homee-mail for gift card nonexistent

Sent out a new Membership letter with instructions on how to claim $50 in Gift Cards as promised for enrolling. Website to claim gift cards, per Membership letter, is non-existent. Is not possible to claim gift cards as stated in letter.

• Ca
    CATHERINE ROSE Mar 16, 2008

They pulled money from my bank account how they got my number ill never know i had never heard of them before. The charge showed up on my bank statement, & i have no idea how to find out or how to contact them.

• Ca
    Carolyn Mitchell May 05, 2008

Cancel my membership immediately
    Membership # 1123919902

christine holly mills Sep 13, 2008

i have had this company tell me they are charging my credit card using my email address as a electronic signature. i do not know how they got my bank info but they have it. and there is another company that is called passportforfun.com that did the same and charges your account the same amount. and stole my credit card info and also uses my email address for an electronic signature on my card. what can i do about this. they will not tell me how they got access.

• La
    Laurie Oct 31, 2008

I received 2 letters in the mail saying that I had signed up for a membership with EssentialsforHome.com. I never signed up for 1 let alone 2. After reading your complaint I tried calling them & did get through to cancel both memberships. Try calling late in the evening, I just did this at 10:30 pm on a Friday night. Good luck.

Cheri Apr 03, 2009

Looks like several people have the same complaint as I do. Never heard of the company "Essential for Home". The charge on my account came from Coral Gables, Florida. Who are these people and what kind of scam are they running? I also asked for a refund back to my account and cancelled membership that wasn't authorized. I'll be watching my account carefully. Bet some people won't even notice the charge and get charged again and again.

• Lu
    LUCY11282 Apr 15, 2009

GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY!!!

• Pl
    Please Refund My Money Oct 03, 2009

You Stole My Money!

You took 16.95 out of my account twice - and those two transactions bounced - my bank paid YOU and debited my account $35.00 for EACH transaction!!!

I want and need my money back.

I did not authorize you to use my debit card in any way, shape, fashion or form.

What you did and are doing in criminal.

Please refund my money IMMEDIATLEY as both my husband and father are attorney's.

I will sue you and very loudly expose your company for the scam that you are - and most definitely report you to the BBB.

Please reply asap!

• Al
    alison rupert Feb 09, 2010

I don't recall signing up for this program so why are you taking money out of an account that has no money. Money you removed from my acct. 1-1-2010 and on 1-30-2010 for the amount of $19.95 for each date. since you withdrew the money from an empty acct the bank now has charged me $26.00 for each time you withdrew money from my acct.

• Al
    alison rupert Feb 09, 2010

stop taking my money

Essentials For Home$25 dollar gift card

I received a letter on 10/31/08 indicating that an electronic signature had been received authorizing them to charge a membership fee of $16.95 to my credit card, due to an enrollment that I had made. I do not recall any of this. On the letter it states that if I want to change or cancel to call the following number [protected]) which I did with no positive results. This letter is not even an original it's something more like a photo copy. I hope that schemes like this come to a STOP

Essentials For Homei did not sign up for your service

I did not join your services.I did purhase a battery operated sweeper called THE SWIVEL SWEEPER, from a TELEVSION AD. I did not authourize any other charges except the purchase of the sweeper.Please take me off your listing as I have no desire to join your plan.Please contact me to verify that you will not bill my credit card

Dante Saienni
[protected]

Essentials For HomeCan not cancel membership

I ordered a Stealth sound amplifier and was offered a $15.00 rebate but after clicking eyers, and finishing my oder I discovered that the rebate offer placed me on a trial membership to some Essentials for Home for 30 days. I immediately tried to call and cancel the membership but the line has been busy ever time and I have tried for several times to call. What can I do? The will start charging me in 30 days unless I cancel.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices