CardService International Complaints & Reviews

CardService Internationalfraudulent fees

I closed an account with Cardservice that had been open for several years. I waited a month or so after closing the business to close this account so all outstanding charges and debits could settle. When i closed the account, they added $80 in bogus fees claiming it was a cancellation fee. the contract only allowed that if closing in less than 1 year and i had over 3 years. DO NOT sign up with Cardservice, look into Paypal who has far fewer fees. Cardservice is at the bottom of service providers.

• So
    sovan kiry jewelry inc Feb 06, 2009

it was 4 or 5 transaction total of 78, 000.00 usd, all off these transaction swipe in for front of us.we also have the imprint on the credit crads. they refuse fund me of my me they said they we were high risk .i warn you out there be extremely be careful on cardservice international in moorpark california.

CardService InternationalCardservice International / First Data scam

On 12/31/2009 they charged my account $ 75 annual compliance fee without any notice. When i called them i was told that they can charge any fee they want to keep my account active.
From July 09 to Dec 09 charged $5 statement fee but never mailed the statements. I called Cardservice International and asked for statements ( i paid for ) and they told me i can go online and print them. I paid for them $5/ mth, i'm not going to print them i want them mailed. of course they refused.

I closed the account and they came with more fees...

No contract sign with them, they sign the contract using a Chicago Ip Address, we only had a verbal agreement with Chris Gumino ( we agreed visa and mastercard fees verbally and $ 10/mth customer service fee- NO other Fee)

The money isn't a big sum, but I'm tired of these illegal practices, and i decided to take them in court.
Today 02/22/2010 i filed a small claim with the Superior Court Of California, County Of Orange, and i Will file a complaint With California General Attorney.

We must stop these crooks !!!

CardService Internationali' ve been rip-off of 77,000.00 usd

we process the credit cards by swiping and imprint the cards as always. we got authorization numbers and we didn't get pay.

jonrumm Feb 22, 2010

I closed the account and they came with more fees...

We must stop these crooks !!!

• Vi
    Vitamin Baron Jul 21, 2010

Below is one of many letters I wrote to Cardservice International - First Data over 6 months ago. Now (7/08/2010) they say I owe $123.00 (FOR WHAT)? I closed my account with them after 5 years. I sent all letters certified mail. I called them over 10 times, each time getting horrible customer service and no explanation of the mystery $8.00 monthlycharge. Now they are harrassing me with letters and phones calls. What can I do? I do not owe they any money They took $100.00 out of my account for closing it--I will never see that money again.

Cardservice International
    5251 Westheimer Road
    Sixth Floor
    Houston, TX 77056-5404

Re: CLOSED Account - 03/09/2009

Dear Sir/Madam

Enclosed is a copy of a collection letter from your establishment – a copy of a fax closing my account (Dated 3/09/2009) and copies of older bank statements showing your infamous $8.00 deduction.

You have been taking $8.00 out of my account for over 10 months now. I have enclosed 4 months of my business bank account records showing the $8.00 mysterious charge coming out; I can produce one for each month up until December 2009.

In January 2010, I closed that bank account for the sole purpose of stopping you from taking out this bogus charge. No one at your establishment knows what it is for. I have called your accounting department every month for the last 10 months.

I receive reimbursement checks for the $8.00 charge but your staff tells me that they do not know what the $8.00 charge is for nor do they know how to stop it from being deducted from my account.

I see now you are complaining about a payment not made, one that is not owed, and charging me a $25.00 fee for a closed account and still charging me $8.00 for a service that I am not getting.

Do you know what you are doing? Do you know what this charge is for? I do not have an account with you. Will I have to sue you to get this matter closed?

CardService InternationalUnauthorized billing

After slightly more than one year using this 'service' for credit card transactions, I now find undisclosed money they assure me I owe - legally. I have been charged $135.50 for an 'annual' fee. This was not charged for the first year. I also am seeing debits that make no sense.

After asking for my account executive (professional thief), I was informed that he was no longer with the company, however, was one of their 'best 'and could not believe he didn't disclose 100% of the terms prior to my activating my account online.

I asked to terminate the contract and they said it would cost me $972.00 for early termination. Effectively the $35 I pay monthly for the life remaining on a 36 month contract. I was incensed. They were nonplussed.

I am putting a stop to their debit authorization and will laugh when they bill me for the bogus $975. I have no need for an excellent credit rating, although it has been over 800 for many years.

Let them try to intimidate me. I will be as stalwart and unconcerned about their money as they have been about (stealing) mine.

• Je
    Jeff Goldblum Jan 27, 2009

You took the salesman's word on the terms and didn't bother to read the contract before you signed it. I'm relatively certain that's true, because if you had read the contract and the charges are actually in violation of it, you'd be throwing the contract in their face. So, how is this anyone's fault but your own?

Jolene Jun 13, 2009

We are a merchant who have been expericing a terrible amount of trouble with Cardservice International. As of 2009, they have not been paying us on nay chargebacks and all customers have been keeping the merchandise for free! In most cases, they are prompting for information that is not relevant to the case for instance signature for delivery on items. This is completely in contrast to the content of the information sought by the credit card bank. This is a horrible company to deal with - we recommend Paymentech - we have not had problems with any chargebacks and always got our monies back! We are also certain that the people in the chargeback department are not well addressed on reading information presented to them by the merchants - bottomline and to reiterate in proper English, they are not smart in reading through information. We are sick and fed up of them. We have lost money. In a case years back, we found out that the customer reversed monies to our favor but Cardservice pocketed the monies! It took the credit card company to call them personally to ensure the monies went to our account. Theft! And they owe no allegiance to you as a merchant. Scrap them and be done with them. They are only interested in your monies and nothing more. We called up the FTC and were asked to report them to the FDIC and Office of Commissioner in Currency - if all you merchants do that, we can ensure that the government gets enough information to ensure they do their job right or fine them heavily. File the complaints please. We are doing our part.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices